The all-new Premier League thread Page 3377

• Page

of 5373 First / Last

• Kay 28 Mar 2013 18:12:16 17,816 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I can see why Wenger stuck with him, as the talent was clearly there and he clearly wanted him to be the next Vieira for the team. At the start of the season he looked like he was getting into his groove, that performance against Liverpool was immense.

But, this is one injury too far, and I feel for the guy. I agree with TBB that he should still be kept at the club as a squad player, but he should no longer be the great midfield hope that everyone waits to get fully fit. Now is the time to invest in a proper replacement.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 28 Mar 2013 18:21:18 9,774 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Gutted for Abou. All stems from his broken ankle really. The news has totally depressed me. There were rumours in the summer he was considering jacking it in, wouldn't surprise me if he's played his last game for us although like TBB I hope we keep him around.

Makes the FA's stance on McManaman even more pathetic really. This is what can happen.
  • kentmonkey 28 Mar 2013 18:22:42 20,579 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I really truly can't be bothered to continue beyond this post as we're not going to agree on this issue, and we'll just bore everyone else to death. But whatever you disagree with me on, I disagree for completely polar opposite reasons it would appear. I'm not saying you can't reply or that I won't read what you come back with, but this will be my last post on the matter, as we could go all night I feel.

(this is me being succinct. I'm not very good at it).

I think the guy is lazy. I've never met anyone that isn't an Arsenal fan that doesn't think he's borderline useless (edit: in most games.). Anyone can have a good game. I even saw Shola Ameobi have one once.

And you seem to think that Diaby can only do one job. He could retire today, most likely, and never have to work again. Even most Directors can't do that. He could for all we know be brilliant at other things. I'm sure even he could work in a call centre without injuring himself, as long as he had an inflatable chair and a rubberised keyboard. He decides to continue, he obviously doesn't have the body for it, therefore I frankly have very little compassion left.

He's paid a fortune and can't perform his job. He, as much as Arsene, could put an end to that. Yet all he seems to get is sympathy. Forgive me if I feel slightly more compassion for those that can't perform more menial tasks at work that do give up work because they feel they have a moral obligation to do so. People do do that you know. I've even had two people do it at the charity I work for. And I did google it as well. Although the first result was the Pope.

Edited by kentmonkey at 18:23:39 28-03-2013
  • Shikasama 28 Mar 2013 18:38:47 6,750 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:

Gonna have to call you out on this one.
    That's a lot of bile towards a player who hasn't done anything wrong. "Noodle of a twat"? What has he done to deserve this? Does he injure himself unpurpose? Does he not try to get better? Is he lazy in his recovery?

Yes we haven't got a CM because all hedges have been on him remaining fit, but is that he's fault? Yes his on allegedly 70k, but if you were an injury-prone mess and your boss offered you a 70k 4-year contract, would you turn it down? On principle?

Blame Wenger if you like (IMO, he's the one that deserves all the blame, even though there have been times in the past when I've understood him taking the gamble, but that shouldn't have happened this season), but it's not Diaby's fault.

*breathes*

Had to be said.
    Please someone mention Robin Van Persie and hyopcrisy
  • ResidentKnievel 28 Mar 2013 18:39:58 6,181 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote: Anyone can have a good game. I even saw Shola Ameobi have one once.
    I just typed his name in to Youtube and half a dozen montage vids showed up, about half a dozen more than I expected.

Must be a Youtube montage for every striker there is.

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• kentmonkey 28 Mar 2013 18:43:10 20,579 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fact: I stopped using Youtube to look at videos of players we signed when somebody sent me a link a couple of years ago to a Titus Bramble video where someone, with clever editing, had made him look like a world beater. I'll try to find the link, it was amusing.
  • Dougs 28 Mar 2013 18:46:47 67,167 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I should point out again that Diaby got his new contract after appearing in two thirds of our games in the 2 previous seasons. No wah he or AW could assume his body old break again. And again. And again.
  • kentmonkey 28 Mar 2013 18:56:41 20,579 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Dougs Fair point, but you would at least hope we paid for insurance bearing in mind his previous injury record, or not put him on such a long contract, or insert terms into his contract relating to injuries.

I'll never have proof, who would, but I doubt very much any of that was done.

I still don't remember him playing well, consistently, in those seasons either.
  • ElNino9 28 Mar 2013 18:59:39 13,370 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Being a defensive midfielder must've taken its toll in his ankles.

Snapping in to all those tackles, he's like the new Makelele.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• LionheartDJH 28 Mar 2013 19:03:22 19,391 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Platini says: goal line tech too expensive for the CL & EL.

"It would cost around 54 million euros (46m) over five years for this technology, so it's quite expensive for the sort of mistake which happens once every 40 years," he said.

She dives for cheese pasties

• oceanmotion 28 Mar 2013 19:08:10 15,815 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ha. Can't spare any money from the megabucks they make.

I wish there was some on going investigation that will one day destroy them and put a few in jail.
  • nickthegun 28 Mar 2013 19:29:35 59,429 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Aside from the obvious idiocy of the head of a sinfully rich organisation saying that, I completely agree with him.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Syrette 28 Mar 2013 20:40:03 43,292 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    When is Diaby's contract up?

• Shikasama 28 Mar 2013 20:57:04 6,750 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    How the fuck would it cost 50 million quid?

Seriously, a couple of sensors and a camera, how does that cost 50 million quid?
  • kentmonkey 28 Mar 2013 21:00:43 20,579 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    How the fuck would it cost 50 million quid?

Seriously, a couple of sensors and a camera, how does that cost 50 million quid?
    Guaranteed there will be a plethora of people jumping on that bandwagon. Before you know it, just to install two sensors and a camera, you'll have planning permission, a project manager, a project team, a surveyor, legal teams, another surveyor, FA representatives, two different companies supplying the parts, two different companies fitting the parts, health and safety certificates, the council and another surveyor. At least.

If there's one thing this country, and the world in general, is good at, is creating jobs and processes for the sake of it and charging a fortune for them.
  • Syrette 29 Mar 2013 00:01:23 43,292 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This has to be read,

http://milehighsports.com/2013/03/28/knudson-how-to-attract-americans-to-soccer/

• Deleted user 29 March 2013 00:09:21
    Two decent shouts and two of the most retarded things I ever heard.
  • IMO 29 Mar 2013 00:13:08 5,634 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm more interested in this video that makes Titus Bramble look like a footballing god.
  • ecureuil 29 Mar 2013 00:40:28 76,719 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    This has to be read,

http://milehighsports.com/2013/03/28/knudson-how-to-attract-americans-to-soccer/
    Basically make it in to an American sport for ADD yanks. I'll pass. He's right on the "flopping" but the rest is dumb. Anyone suggesting a shot clock and removing the possibilities of a draw doesn't understand the game.

Edited by ecureuil at 00:41:26 29-03-2013
  • THFourteen 29 Mar 2013 06:27:27 33,175 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I agree with KM, although not as strongly!

Diaby is useless even when he's fit, one or two good games a season out of the fifteen he plays. He's too slow and dithering on the ball and has no vision at all.

Feel sorry for him, but that's it.
  • Trowel 29 Mar 2013 08:37:27 17,595 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Build a bonfire, build a bonfire, put the Nike Air Max 2013 China on the top...
  • kentmonkey 29 Mar 2013 09:21:43 20,579 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    I agree with KM, although not as strongly!

Diaby is useless even when he's fit, one or two good games a season out of the fifteen he plays. He's too slow and dithering on the ball and has no vision at all.

Feel sorry for him, but that's it.
    I'm less grouchy today so I'd probably be in the same camp. Stand by my opinions of him and the situation, but perhaps just not in the way I made some of them yesterday.
  • Jono62 29 Mar 2013 09:25:53 14,054 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Worse than Nike Air Max China, here's Lawro's predictions.
  • LionheartDJH 29 Mar 2013 09:52:46 19,391 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Has Rodgers made Liverpool better?

Interesting article comparing this season to last. Despite the inconsistency in results, in terms of performance, prospects for the future and sheer enjoyment of our matches it's a definite yes for me. Next season will be the proper test though.

She dives for cheese pasties

• King_Edward 29 Mar 2013 10:10:23 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    They're clearly better than they were under Dalgleish.
  • Trowel 29 Mar 2013 10:12:29 17,595 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Bit of an odd article. "Has AVB made Spurs better" would be a far more interesting debate.
  • MadCaddy13 29 Mar 2013 10:21:58 1,880 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    As for this goal line technology, why can't there be a tv for which an official can watch and he can tell (like we do) if the ball went over or not. It doesn't even have to be a flat screen!
  • Shikasama 29 Mar 2013 10:41:50 6,750 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    Bit of an odd article. "Has AVB made Spurs better" would be a far more interesting debate.
    Considering where they are after losing two of their most influential players in the summer I wouldn't say it was that up for debate.
  • Page

of 5373 First / Last