The all-new Premier League thread Page 3359

• Page

of 5546 First / Last

• kalel 21 Mar 2013 12:06:21 88,419 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Harry actually did a really good job and West Ham and their more intelligent fans know that the blame is very much on their board for what happened. He had them playing good football and pushing for European places, with a team of extremely talented and mostly self-grown talent. I was massively envious of what they had going on at the time.
  • RobTheBuilder 21 Mar 2013 12:08:13 6,521 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @kalel agreed
  • kalel 21 Mar 2013 12:08:58 88,419 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    In other news, Norwich have apparently signed Van Wolfswinkel from Sporting for 8.5m for next season.

That's quite big. He's supposed to be a real talent.

Slightly odd thing to do if you're in danger of relegation though.
  • TheSaint 21 Mar 2013 12:17:53 14,614 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Edit: conversation has moved on.

Edited by TheSaint at 12:18:58 21-03-2013
  • kalel 21 Mar 2013 12:20:24 88,419 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'd have been interested.

Don't get me wrong. There's lots wrong with Harry as a manager and a person, and I have a couple of axes to grind of my own. Childish to blame him for things that clearly aren't his fault though.
  • imamazed 21 Mar 2013 12:23:42 5,791 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @kalel Serious? That's pretty big yeh; especially seeing as Grant Holt is getting on and Becchio is awful.

They're not really in danger of relegation this season though (are they?!)

Edited by imamazed at 12:27:25 21-03-2013
  • kalel 21 Mar 2013 12:26:11 88,419 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sporting are utterly fucked all told. Will be a lot of fire sale activity. Levy is probably in a tent at the gates.
  • nickthegun 21 Mar 2013 12:27:17 60,452 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    imamazed wrote:
    @kalel Serious? That's pretty big yeh; especially seeing as Grant Holt is getting on and Becchio is awful.

They're not really in danger of relegation []this season though (are they?!)
    They appear to be drawing their way to safety.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• kalel 21 Mar 2013 12:28:37 88,419 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    They probably won't go down no, but they're not in brilliant form. As nick says, probably safe enough to see the season out with draws.
  • HarryPalmer 21 Mar 2013 12:28:45 3,410 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wolfswinkel looks the real deal yeah, surprised he's gone to Norwich.
  • nickthegun 21 Mar 2013 12:28:46 60,452 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Sporting are utterly fucked all told. Will be a lot of fire sale activity. Levy is probably in a tent at the gates.
    I heard on the radio this morning that they had offered you Diego Capel for the price of a twirl and a bag of peanuts.

• kalel 21 Mar 2013 12:30:25 88,419 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That's the offer yes. Levy has come back and said half a twirl now, the rest if he scored 30 goals, and no peanuts.
  • nickthegun 21 Mar 2013 12:31:08 60,452 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    He'll have them down to a bag of space raiders by the start of the transfer window.

• Shikasama 21 Mar 2013 12:33:51 6,967 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    What the fuck? Greg Dyke is going to be the new chairman of the FA?

What the fuck?
  • Blaketown 21 Mar 2013 12:46:26 4,762 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    I guess that means Eric Dier, who The Mail were heralding as the next Beckenbaur this week, will be coming home to England at some point over the summer.

Man United have been reported as interested but did he even play for Everton while he was there?

Brap, brap, old chap.

• President_Weasel 21 Mar 2013 12:48:36 9,452 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Levy is really good at his job.
    Like "why are other people in similar positions earning vast monies while being comparatively shit?" good.
  • Mr_Sleep 21 Mar 2013 12:49:33 17,184 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Presumably Greg Dyke has been chosen due to his knowledge of the media. Says a lot about the FA that they're more concerned about their outward appearance than sorting out their internal problems.

Kalel, do you think Harry is doing an adequate job at QPR? Considering he appears to be doing worse than Mr Hughes. I think he appears to be turning a corner now but with the talent he has and the time he has had I'd say he has rather failed.

You are a factory of sadness.

• kalel 21 Mar 2013 12:53:39 88,419 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hughes got 4 points from 12 games.
    Redknapp has 16 points from 18 games.

If you start the table from when he took over QPR are 10th.

I've literally no idea how you're coming to the conclusion he's doing worse than Hughes.
  • ascue 21 Mar 2013 12:54:42 167 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Wasn't Adam Crozier the CEO once? Him of the Royal Mail fame.
  • RobTheBuilder 21 Mar 2013 12:55:05 6,521 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Mr_Sleep Two wins in the last three games, more than Hughes managed in half a season.
  • Mr_Sleep 21 Mar 2013 12:56:56 17,184 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    kalel wrote:

I've literally no idea how you're coming to the conclusion he's doing worse than Hughes.
    Oh, I'm sure I read/heard something a few weeks back that said he was more points adrift and underperforming. I guess hearsay isn't the same as facts. I take it back. I do have a supplementary question though, do you think you'd feel the same about Redknapp if he hadn't managed Spurs?

• THFourteen 21 Mar 2013 12:57:10 33,843 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    He also dodged 5 more tax bills this year than Hughes did in his whole career.
  • Youthist 21 Mar 2013 12:57:53 10,027 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:

It is impossible to say. For example I think Hughes would be in about the same place as Redknapp is right now, but without the huge sums of money Redknapp has pissed up the wall since he walked in. Hughes spent a lot as well, to be fair.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• Youthist 21 Mar 2013 12:59:52 10,027 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    But of course everyone is entitled to their own opinions on football etc.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• Shikasama 21 Mar 2013 13:01:58 6,967 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Neither Hughes or Redknapp have covered themselves in glory. The narrative is super Harry turning things around at QPR but the squad they have (and had before the transfer signings) is so ridiculously better than the teams around them its still shonky as fuck.
  • kalel 21 Mar 2013 13:03:03 88,419 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Youthist wrote:
    kalel wrote:

It is impossible to say. For example I think Hughes would be in about the same place as Redknapp is right now, but without the huge sums of money Redknapp has pissed up the wall since he walked in. Hughes spent a lot as well, to be fair.
    Yes, it's completely logical to suggest that Hughes was going to suddenly start doing significantly better. It's not like the club were in total free fall and the players and fans were all turning against him.

We get that you hate Harry loud and clear. Again, try not to let it so blatantly negatively colour every single thing you post relating to him, as it makes your opinions kind of hard to take seriously.
  • kalel 21 Mar 2013 13:05:34 88,419 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    kalel wrote:

Oh, I'm sure I read/heard something a few weeks back that said he was more points adrift and underperforming. I guess hearsay isn't the same as facts. I take it back. I do have a supplementary question though, do you think you'd feel the same about Redknapp if he hadn't managed Spurs?
    I like Harry less now than I did before he managed Spurs.

I have greeter respect for his managerial abilities, but I didn't realise what a self-serving, ungracious, vain and proud twat he was.
  • Mr_Sleep 21 Mar 2013 13:08:26 17,184 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    Neither Hughes or Redknapp have covered themselves in glory. The narrative is super Harry turning things around at QPR but the squad they have (and had before the transfer signings) is so ridiculously better than the teams around them its still shonky as fuck.
    I think Zamora being injured isn't helping anything, from what I've read he was instrumental in their good first half on Saturday and it was his substitution that really changed things in Villa's favour.

With Zamora coming back and some other players finding form and Redknapp now seeming like he has a better game plan I daresay they may still avoid the drop. Although there chances are dwindling week on week. Fuck knows though, despite us being out of the relegation zone I can't see Norwich beating Wigan so if we don't beat Liverpool then we're straight back in it :-/

• Youthist 21 Mar 2013 13:09:41 10,027 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well it is equally "logical" to claim he is doing better that Hughes would have been when there are so many impossible to gauge variables to claim it either way.

However, we overall disagree on Redknapp and we always will.

I am allowed to hate the slimy, conning cunt, that is my right and I will continue to do so! I am not alone.

And I am allowed too be negative about him on everything on here as well just for good measure, even if it is unfair.

If it means my opinions on the matter are forever tainted, I can live with that because at least along with that goes the fact everyone knows I think he is one utter cunt.

Edited by Youthist at 13:10:14 21-03-2013

• nickthegun 21 Mar 2013 13:13:23 60,452 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    I have greeter respect for his managerial abilities, but I didn't realise what a self-serving, ungracious, vain and proud twat he was.
    I think a lot of that can be down to the fact that 'good football brain' was a term invented for him. In all other respects he seems to be as thick as pigshit.

• Page

of 5546 First / Last