Anybody use fileserve?

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • ryohazuki1983 19 Nov 2010 16:03:29 741 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hi,

Does anybody use fileserve? I normally download stuff (NBA/NFL etc) via Megaupload, I usually get speeds off around 1.2MB/s (which is about as fast as my connection can handle).

The problem is the majority off people now seem to upload to fileserve, so I tried downloading a file and it was slow, but figured it was because I needed a premium account, however I signed up for a month and the speed i'm getting is around 100KB/s.

My ISP is Virgin media, so wondering if they are throttling the traffic on what ever port fileserve use? As so many people now use FS the problem must be somewhere at my end.

Any EGers use FS?

Cheers,
  • Articulate-Troll 19 Nov 2010 16:08:11 3,101 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've not used the paid for service but -- for the few times I've used it -- the free service sucked. Sometimes it went below 10kbs, so I certainly wouldn't waste my money on their shitty service.
  • Jono62 19 Nov 2010 16:52:05 14,367 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Megaupload is the best one for free downloads as its speed is usually the same as the premium download.

I use Fileserve and speed was fine until yesterday, when it was fluctuating between 100kbs to 400 kbs. Hopefully its just a temporary thing. I'll try it when I get home and let you know what speeds I get.
  • Dirtbox 19 Nov 2010 16:53:23 79,216 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So long as it's just TV stuff, use torrents.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• ryohazuki1983 19 Nov 2010 17:05:07 741 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cheers for the replys, looks like I picked a bad time to go premium then, if Jono also had problems yesterday. Be interesting to see if the speeds do pickup. @Dirtbox, the matches are posted on torrents but they seem so slow, I prefer to use a service like MU or FS.

Not sure why everybody has moved on to FS, Megaupload has always been the fastest (well for me!) guess people have their reasons, the uploaders must get better rewards for the amount off downloads or something....
  • Jono62 19 Nov 2010 18:05:55 14,367 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Mine is working better than yesterday. Its fluctuating between 600kps and 800kps which is my usual maximum as shown below:

http://i51.tinypic.com/111l08y.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/dqlj01.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/1z2lgr8.jpg

It was the same the two things I downloaded/downloading.

They moved to fileserve as they and Filesonic have the best referral prices I believe.

• Dirtbox 19 Nov 2010 18:15:09 79,216 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ryohazuki1983 wrote:
    @Dirtbox, the matches are posted on torrents but they seem so slow
    Then you're obviously not doing it right.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• mingster 19 Nov 2010 18:36:54 3,307 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    fileserve is rubbish download rates don't use it.
    rapidshare is full speed maximum bandwidth but not as well supported.
    Hotfile is better than FS but not quite as fast as rapidshare but very well supported. (latest TV & film wise)
  • Deleted user 19 November 2010 18:44:56
    FileServe is pretty good in my experience and they're generous to free users. No limits on download size and no lengthy waiting time for your next download. Rapidshare used to be king but scrapped their whole raison d'etre and are now struggling to maintain any kind of position in the warez market, their biggest market.
  • ryohazuki1983 22 Nov 2010 10:08:40 741 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Jono62 - thanks for that :) The DL speed seemed better over the weekend, at one point I was getting around 1MB/s but not for long, the speed dropped to 300 and sometimes 100. So don't think i'll be sticking with FS once my month is up.

@Dirtbox - How am I doing it wrong!? At the moment I just go onto the MYp2p Forums, theres a downloads section and a thread for each sport where people post the matches, some post torrents, however these are slow for me (not sure if Virgin throttle torrent downloads)

I know theres a dedicated site for sport torrents (can't remember the name), but that requires an invite....
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next