Your Most Loved GameCube game EVER!!? Page 4

• Page

of 21 First / Last

• Maxwell-Horse 18 Nov 2010 21:48:04 242 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    1) Wind Waker
    2) Pikmin (liked the first better than the second TBH)
    3) Animal Crossing

ta
  • LionheartDJH 18 Nov 2010 21:49:08 19,541 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Heh, I doubt I'd love it half as much as I do the PS1 FF's ;)

She dives for cheese pasties

• trip919 18 Nov 2010 22:00:39 2,274 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    *Washes hands with LionheartDJH and packs up his medical jargon/analogies*
  • dutchspeededup 18 Nov 2010 22:01:56 4,901 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    1. Resident Evil 4
    2. Beyond Good & Evil
    3. Eternal Darkness
  • LionheartDJH 18 Nov 2010 22:59:40 19,541 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    trip919 wrote:
    *Washes hands with LionheartDJH and packs up his medical jargon/analogies*

/understands trip's decision

/hangs head in shame

/plays some games he actually likes ;)

• BartonFink 18 Nov 2010 23:01:49 35,126 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Wind Waker
    Eternal Daftness
    PN03
  • Rufus 18 Nov 2010 23:31:12 1,756 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Slickloose, I forgot about Metroid Prime. I've amended my choices!

• trip919 18 Nov 2010 23:33:33 2,274 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @StarMagic

What? It’s generally considered to be the weak link in the 3D series - nothing new there sunshine.

/I apologise
  • Luckyjim 18 Nov 2010 23:36:44 2,874 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wind Waker
    Metroid Prime
    Resident Evil 4
  • DFawkes 18 Nov 2010 23:37:56 24,047 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sunshine was really good. What is criminal is no-one else seems to be aware that PSO is factually, proveably the best game ever created. In fact it's the best thing on a disc ever. In fact it's the best thing full stop and If you don't realise that then you're wrong.

FACT*.

*Overstated opinion. It really is my favourite Cube game though.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Gosammy 19 Nov 2010 00:06:17 64 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    1 Super mario sunshine
    2 Mario kart
    3 Mario party

Notice the theme?!
  • DFawkes 19 Nov 2010 00:28:55 24,047 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yes. None of them are PSO.

On a more serious note, you didn't say which Mario Party - 5, 6 or 7? I preferred 5, others prefer 6 or 7, so which one is the one in your top 3?

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• RyanDS 19 Nov 2010 08:59:47 9,833 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    StarMagic wrote:
    This is ridiculous, super mario sunshine is still one of the best platformers ever. Is it just the thing to do to snub it?

It's the only Mario game I have actively hated.

Can't remember exactly why, I just remember being extremely frustrated at teh controls and difficulty.
  • Deleted user 19 November 2010 10:26:43
    @wizbob - Don't EVER tell me what to think!!! ;)
    @elhozzo - So games like the 2 metroid prime games and both Zelda games were naff to you? Horses for courses I suppose.
    @mal - First time votes for Ikaruga and Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time!
    @Rufus - "Am I too late?", no where near mate...doesn't end until the 23rd (Tuesday!)
    @Widge - "The first Metroid game", Metroid Prime?Wow...
    @Sharks - Well, don't you have a 'unique' taste in games seeing as no one else (so far) has voted for any of the games you have.

Well that's page 3 done :D
  • mrpon 19 Nov 2010 11:04:50 29,562 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wonder if anyone has voted for Freeloader?! Not technically a game but ah, progressive-import-game goodness!

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• Deleted user 19 November 2010 11:06:33
    @Maxwell Horse - It's funny, as it stands after your vote, both Pikmins are level!
    @dutchspeededup - Btw earlier I said Resi 4 and REmake were close, not anymore...
    @BartonFink - That's a first for P.N.03...can't think why ;)
    @Rufus - I hadn't even put in your original vote yet, so it's all good!
    @Luckyjim - Cheers!
    @Gosammy - Yeah, which Mario Party?

Annnd up to date! :D

@trip919 & LionheartDJH - I can see both points of view. I hate it when people say MGS is shit, without even playing it. Or my stepson who watched me play MGS1 and said it was shit and he would never play it 'cos the graphics were awful...
    While I can see the other point of view, I too had never played OoT and had heard so much about it that I did try it but just couldn't get into it...it felt and looked too dated.
    My point is there are some of us who can't play an older game unless it is one we already love. For me the MGS series, for trip OoT and for LionHeart the PS1 era FF games.

So, can't we all just get along? :)
  • ProfessorLesser 19 Nov 2010 11:07:32 19,417 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    1) Metroid Prime

2) Super Smash Bros. Melee

3) Tales of Symphonia
  • Cappy 19 Nov 2010 11:11:21 12,117 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Wonder if anyone has voted for Freeloader?! Not technically a game but ah, progressive-import-game goodness!

I might as well vote for the Gameboy Player then. :-D

I spent more time with Advance Wars 1 & 2 and various GBA strategy titles like Tactics Ogre than I did with any individual Gamecube title.
  • mrpon 19 Nov 2010 11:14:16 29,562 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Heh, forgot I had that as well. One of those impulse purchases, played with it for a few hours then never used it again!

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• Gambit1977 19 Nov 2010 11:15:31 10,384 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Resi 4
    Metroid Prime

Zelda Four Swords was almost awesome!
  • elhozzo 19 Nov 2010 16:46:44 352 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    slickloose :

'@elhozzo - So games like the 2 metroid prime games and both Zelda games were naff to you? Horses for courses I suppose'

Naff isn't really the right word - but disappointments , yes ...

Super Metroid on SNES is probably one of my favourite ever - and after jumping a generation with no Metroid on N64, I was looking forward to it on GC
    quite liked the first but got stuck after a few hours - and for the second got stuck after a few mins ... :-(
    Zelda WW, I got but its just zelda ... I loved that on SNES, on GB, on N64 ... but its just the same game again, with different graphics ... never found a cheap GC Twilight Princess
  • LionheartDJH 19 Nov 2010 20:30:42 19,541 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    slickloose wrote:

@trip919 & LionheartDJH - I can see both points of view. I hate it when people say MGS is shit, without even playing it. Or my stepson who watched me play MGS1 and said it was shit and he would never play it 'cos the graphics were awful...
    While I can see the other point of view, I too had never played OoT and had heard so much about it that I did try it but just couldn't get into it...it felt and looked too dated.
    My point is there are some of us who can't play an older game unless it is one we already love. For me the MGS series, for trip OoT and for LionHeart the PS1 era FF games.

So, can't we all just get along? :)

No I agree slick, I think it is hard sometimes to get into older games if you don't already love them. There are exceptions of course (Deus Ex for me...completed it 10 years after release and absolutely love it!), but I agree with you that it's generally the case. I've no doubt that OoT is a fantastic game, but I just didn't get into it, I felt it was dated, and as I've said before I've never been a big Nintendo fan. Tried about 4 different Zelda titles, but never been able to properly get into any of them, just don't think they're for me. The PS1 was the main console of my childhood (with a smattering of DC and PS2 aswell), so that's what I have the most fond memories of, and the FF games (well VII-X anyway) are just some of my all time favourites, but I can appreciate that someone coming to them now may just not be able to see what the fuss was about.

Oh I also love MGS aswell, another of my all time favourites, think I completed it about 6 times back in the day! I think I'm one of the few who actually really liked MGS2 aswell. Can't really blame your stepson though, kids these days with their new fangled graphics, they're spoiled!
    And I can get along fine. I know where trip is coming from, but it wouldn't do for us all to be the same would it :)

• PazJohnMitch 19 Nov 2010 21:04:52 8,727 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Resi 4
    Pikmin 2
    Metroid Prime
  • Trafford 19 Nov 2010 21:09:31 5,970 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Metroid Prime,the reason I bought one.
    Eternal Darkness
    Wind Waker
    Viewtifull Joe
    Resi 4
    Super Smash Bros

Don't think I played any others.
  • Deleted user 19 November 2010 22:20:39
    I assume it is nip and tuck between Metroid Prime and RE4 for the leading role, and rightfully so!

@slickloose, how are the Pikmin doing? Ive noticed a divide in opinion for both games, im fearful this will have a negative effect on their positioning.

/Is Pro Pikmin
  • rare_uk 19 Nov 2010 23:19:25 3,573 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Resi 4
    Metroid Prime
    Zelda Wind waker
    Viewifull Joe
    Burnout
    Eternal Darkness - game delete freaked me bigtime!
    Beyond good and evil
  • ISmoke 19 Nov 2010 23:25:33 678 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wind Waker
    Super Smash Bro's; Mele
    Mario Kart Double Dash
    Viewtiful Joe
    Starfox Adventures.
    Dare i say it... Yes i will... Super Mario Sunshine.
  • ISmoke 19 Nov 2010 23:25:36 678 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Page

of 21 First / Last