Your Most Loved GameCube game EVER!!? Page 3

• Page

of 21 First / Last

• Dolly 18 Nov 2010 08:30:00 3,225 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    1. Resident Evil 4 would be my answer, if it were for the quality of the game.

2. However, I blew my student loan on importing a Jap launch console with Luigi's Mansion, Wave Race & Monkey Ball. One of my favourite gaming memories is playing Monkey bowling for near-enough 48 hours non-stop with my student flatmates, all nicely smoked up, and thinking "This is the best game ever" :)

3. So tough this, but gonna go with Animal Crossing, as it makes me think of my missus playing it for hours and hours in our first flat together on xmas day. First time she'd ever taken to a game, and I loved watching her get so much enjoyment out of the same hobby as I did :) I think this series is fantastic for that very reason.

edit: added third game, after much deliberation!
  • Sircav 18 Nov 2010 08:50:53 8 posts
    Registered 4 years ago
    1. Eternal Darkness - unforgotable good story and gamedesign oh yes the music is awesome

2. Pikmin - ive played it 6 times Record is 9 days til home 8)

3. Wave Race Blue Storm - Best watersportsimulation ive ever seen and played

Course there many others like Twin Snakes or Windwaker , Sunshine , PSO , RE 0 , F-Zero and so on ... 8)
  • LionheartDJH 18 Nov 2010 09:19:32 19,461 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    trip919 wrote:
    LionheartDJH wrote:
    trip919 wrote:
    Whatta disgrace ^ sort ya life out son. :)

I traded my Gamecube (and REmake, practically the only reason I bought one) for a used copy of Tiger Woods 08 on PS3. In retrospect, it was a poor choice :(

Oh… you are a sickening individual in your ignorance. Not beyond saving though. I prescribe a course of the Primes mixed with a dose of F-Zero GX, topped with a run of the Wind Waker and Resident Evil 4 (the way god intended it to be played) - if my solution is successfully followed that should carry you back from the brink of the abyss.

I'm sorry, needs must at the time, just got a new console and didn't have any wonga, so trade was the only way to get another game :(. If I get the chance though I may pick up another cheap Cube and play some of those titles (and finally complete RE1 aswell), and Eternal Darkness as it sounds awesome. Not Wind Waker though, I had that for a few weeks and didn't like it at all (not a big Zelda fan to be honest, and the cel-shading did my eyes in).

She dives for cheese pasties

• mrpon 18 Nov 2010 09:22:32 28,937 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    LionheartDJH

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• LionheartDJH 18 Nov 2010 09:24:11 19,461 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Heh, that's where I got it from actually :D

• boo 18 Nov 2010 09:33:27 11,786 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I sorted through my games boxes the other day. Looks like I never bought more than about eight games for the cube.

Top three (of a small selection) would be:

1. Animal Crossing : Mrs Boo & I got into this in a big way for about a year. Hundreds upon hundreds of hours spent in out respective villages.

2. Eternal Darkness - Sanity's Requiem : Despite the fact that I never actually finished this for some reason (am planning on correctling that fairly soon), this was a truly fab game.

And for no. 3, while Star Wars, Rogue Leader, or F-Zero were great games, I just didn't play them much. The one I did play, and finish, and still causes Mrs Boo to this day to occasionally shout at random : 'Maaarioooo', is Luigi's Mansion.

Just Another Lego Blog

• andywilkie35 18 Nov 2010 09:37:48 5,338 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    1. Tales of Symphonia
    2. Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door
    3. Wind Waker

Closely followed by Mario Kart DD

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• mrpon 18 Nov 2010 09:42:14 28,937 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I need to have a play around with that emulator, I mean look how stunning this is.

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• Jazzy_Geoff 18 Nov 2010 09:45:12 7,767 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    fuck me
  • SG 18 Nov 2010 09:57:20 1,896 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Metroid Prime
    Metroid Prime 2
    Zelda: Twilight Princess (GC version, the way the game should be - better controls, Link's a lefty, etc.)

It would have been Wind Waker at number 1 if the game had come out the way it was supposed to, without a missing 4 dungeons and explorable Hyrule underworld. So much potential. :(

Add me on Nintendo network! I'm 'Sy' or 'Sy_the_Brit_1982' (I've got US systems, hence 'the_Brit').

• King_Edward 18 Nov 2010 10:14:49 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Wind Waker.
    Metroid Prime.
    Mario Sunshine. (fuck you haters)
  • morriss 18 Nov 2010 10:22:32 71,002 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    /suicide

• Deleted user 18 November 2010 10:44:47
    Killer 7
  • pratty 18 Nov 2010 11:02:36 245 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    1. Windwaker - playing this game was an almost magical experience.

2. Metroid Prime - found this game really hard to stop playing, and felt sad when it was over. I know a lot of people who just couldn't get into it, I pity them. MP2 was great aswell.

3. Winning Eleven 6: F.E. - A very personal choice for me. My quest for a decent footy game on the Cube lead me to this, and I still play it today, infact I have it on while I type. Easily the Gamecube I've put the most hours into.

Honourable mentions:

Twighlight Princess is an awesome game, just not quite as special Windwaker.

Mario Sunshine and Double Dash are fantastic games, I don't understand the hate they sometimes get, perhaps not as good as their predecessors but still awesome.

Paper Mario was superb, my first RPG too.

Resi 4 and REmake were great, loved being able to gloat when they were Gamecube exclusives. Absolutely nothing wrong with Resi 0 either.

Skies of Arcadia Legends was almost perfect, the annoying random battles keep it out of the top 3.

Haven't played Chibi Robo or Animal Crossing yet but they're on my "to play" pile.

Surprised nobody had picked Super Smash Bros. Melee yet.
  • Deleted user 18 November 2010 13:18:38
    @Bremenacht - i've changed your vote and as for a top 5...hey you're not the one who has to add them all up!
    @Mr-Brett - "the Gamecube was disappointment and had only a handful of games worth playing", I suppose that's one opinion...
    @KILLA - As i'm doing this, me and you SO FAR are the only ones to vote for MarioKart...are you hugging the screen too?
    @Caspar_Esq. - Didn't Soul Calibur II on the GameCube have Link as a playable character?
    @DFawkes - So resi 4, Metroid Prime and Eternal Darkness? hehe...but seriously up to this point, you're the only person to vote for Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II...
    @GiarcYekrub - Thanks for voting!
    @DUFFMAN5 - Cheers!
    @Tonka - :)
    @CosmicFuzz - ooooo, there are 3 of us now, Mario Kart FTW :D
    @Genji - You only played 1 game on the Cube?

Well that's page 2 done, now on to page 3!

\Wipes sweat from brow
  • Deleted user 18 November 2010 13:45:26
    @Dolly - Soooo, do you have a top 3 you can give me...in order too perhaps? :)
    @Sircav - Thanks for a for taking the time in explaining your choices, trust me it's appreciated!
    @LionheartDJH & mrpon - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho8PLUOR4jo&feature=related
    @boo - That's the first vote for Luigi's Mansion! FACT!
    @andywilkie35 - And you're the only person to vote for Tales of Symphonia so far!
    @mrpon - Is there a working emulator for the PC? I have the Dolphin one but I tried playing Wind Waker and the graphics were a bit mental and wasn't working properly :(
    @SG - First vote for Metroid Prime 2!
    @King_Edward - "(fuck you haters)"...you tell 'em! :D
    @morriss - Someone check on him...
    @Efebayor - Only the one game?

Annnnd I'm up to date :D
  • wizbob 18 Nov 2010 13:50:42 779 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'd have to go with
    1. Windwaker
    2. Resident Evil 4
    3. Luigi's Mansion

You'd think number 3 would be Rogue Squadron, Beyond Good & Evil, Pikmin 2, F-Zero GX or Marion Sunshine but somehow, whenever I think of the Cube, I think of Luigi's Mansion. The nervous whistling, the funky soundtrack, the crazy ghosts and the fact it was one of the first games of that generation I played. No one ever mentions that it's basically a fishing game.
  • elhozzo 18 Nov 2010 14:15:19 310 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Looking back now, my fondest memories would be :

1. Resident Evil 4
    2. Fire Emblem
    3. Beyond Good and Evil

but lots of honourary mentions : Fifa 07, Lego Star Wars, Burnout 2, Timesplitters 2, SSX Tricky, Crazy Taxi ...

and whats for me amazing, after having a SNES and N64 - is how poor the actual Nintendo first-party games were ... guess on the 3rd (excluding various gameboys) console, Mario Kart, Zelda, Wave Race, 1080, etc just seemed stale, lazy ... I mean, Wave Race is good, but it even used the same tracks from the N64 version in some cases....
    so, that was it for me, no Wii.... over to Playstation ...
  • mal 18 Nov 2010 14:29:35 22,581 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Gosh, too many great games on the 'cube, even though it felt like a drought at the time. This post may take a while to write.

1. Beyond Good and Evil
    Despite the fact I played through this first on the xbox, I went out and bought a Cube version of it to play through again on a better controller, it's that good.
    2. Ikaruga
    Technically, I shouldn't allow this since it's a re-release of a Naomi game already released on Dreamcast, but that was only ever released in limited numbers in Japan only. Please note, I've never seen beyond stage 3 since I don't use continues - so this score is based on the first half of the game only ;)
    3. Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
    I remember the heady summer (winter in the States - boo to delayed PAL releases) when Ubisoft could do no wrong, releasing this and the aformentioned BG&E within a few days of each other. Sublime puzzle platformer.

Honourable mentions:
    Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door - better than it's N64 predecessor but not as revolutionary
    F-Zero GX - ditto
    TLoZ: Wind Waker - ditto
    Soul Calibur 2 - ditto (re its Dreamcast predecessor)
    WaveRace: Blue storm - ditto
    Pikmin - charming RTS, but I found the last level rather fustrating
    Donkey Konga Jungle Beat - short but charming use of the bongos
    Metroid Prime - thoroughly immersive exploratory FPS. Went a bit off the rails on the later levels though IMO.
    Luigi's Mansion - short but sweet but with oodles of character
    Tales of Symphonia - one of only three RPGs I've ever completed.
    Killer 7 - took me about a month to work out what the hell was going on and complete the first level. Still, it's got that certain something that marks it out as a cult classic.
    Viewtiful Joe - bonkers scrolling beat-em-up. Bit too nuts for me personally.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Rufus 18 Nov 2010 16:39:57 1,754 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Am I too late?

1. Wind Waker
    2. Metroid Prime
    3. Twilight Princess

Edit: Bollocks, forgot about Metroid Prime! Sorry Resi, I love you to bits, but you gotta go!
  • trip919 18 Nov 2010 20:02:48 2,271 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    LionheartDJH wrote:
    trip919 wrote:
    LionheartDJH wrote:
    trip919 wrote:
    Whatta disgrace ^ sort ya life out son. :)

I traded my Gamecube (and REmake, practically the only reason I bought one) for a used copy of Tiger Woods 08 on PS3. In retrospect, it was a poor choice :(

Oh… you are a sickening individual in your ignorance. Not beyond saving though. I prescribe a course of the Primes mixed with a dose of F-Zero GX, topped with a run of the Wind Waker and Resident Evil 4 (the way god intended it to be played) - if my solution is successfully followed that should carry you back from the brink of the abyss.

I'm sorry, needs must at the time, just got a new console and didn't have any wonga, so trade was the only way to get another game :(. If I get the chance though I may pick up another cheap Cube and play some of those titles (and finally complete RE1 aswell), and Eternal Darkness as it sounds awesome. Not Wind Waker though, I had that for a few weeks and didn't like it at all (not a big Zelda fan to be honest, and the cel-shading did my eyes in).

For your willingness to reform I’ll let you off with *your* malfunction with Wind Waker. ;)
  • Widge Moderator 18 Nov 2010 20:05:57 13,614 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Eternal Darkness
    Wind Waker
    The first Metroid game

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• LionheartDJH 18 Nov 2010 20:10:08 19,461 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My malfunction? Not my fault they made a game that was likely to give me cattaracts! :p
    I did have that 4 game Zelda disc, but didn't make much headway in Ocarina of Time before giving it up. Never been a big Mario/Zelda/Nintendo in general, fan though (except Game Boy and Pokémon...which accounts for a lot of my mispent youth!).

/quickly sprints away

• trip919 18 Nov 2010 20:16:16 2,271 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ''Never been a big Mario/Zelda/Nintendo - fan''

Oh my. The sickness runs deeper than I ever could've thought.

Complete OOT before it's truly too late.

• SG 18 Nov 2010 20:46:41 1,896 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    I hear you. I think it's a fucking awesome game - would be my #4. It did need a snow level though.

EDIT: Just spotted someone else put Paper Mario, I forgot about that. Shit, I don't know which to put in my top 3 now!

Add me on Nintendo network! I'm 'Sy' or 'Sy_the_Brit_1982' (I've got US systems, hence 'the_Brit').

• trip919 18 Nov 2010 21:05:18 2,271 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    SG wrote:
    King_Edward wrote:
    I hear you. I think it's a fucking awesome game - would be my #4. It did need a snow level though.

Mario Snowstorm. I can see it now.
  • LionheartDJH 18 Nov 2010 21:12:22 19,461 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    trip919 wrote:

Haha, do I need to see a doctor?

Don't have it anymore unfortunately. I could track down a used copy for the N64 at some point though I guess. If it helps I bought that just so I could play Goldeneye, which is indeed, a fantastic game :)

• Tiger_Walts 18 Nov 2010 21:19:51 16,593 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    I need to have a play around with that emulator, I mean look how stunning this is.

They even removed the DoF filter that messed with your head. Either that or it's coded per pixel and just looks like AA at that res.

Wind Waker is a gorgeous game. I even loved tracking down the Triforce pieces, especially if some puzzle solving was involved.

IT Monkey and StickyPiston Minecraft Hosting Support

• Sharks 18 Nov 2010 21:29:39 5,136 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Skies of Arcadia
    Billy Hatcher
    Baten Kaitos
  • trip919 18 Nov 2010 21:35:07 2,271 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    LionheartDJH wrote:
    trip919 wrote:

Haha, do I need to see a doctor?

Don't have it anymore unfortunately. I could track down a used copy for the N64 at some point though I guess. If it helps I bought that just so I could play Goldeneye, which is indeed, a fantastic game :)

Well, you’ve at least experienced one masterpiece – that’ll keep you stable until you fully inoculate yourself with OTT.
  • Page

of 21 First / Last