Royal Wedding 2011 Page 50

  • Page

    of 51 First / Last

  • RedSparrows 1 May 2011 01:28:29 21,998 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What?

    Is your point merely that some people are endowed with gravitas and power by virtue of their position, when anyone else aping their dress and actions are not? Becuase I'm fairly sure that's obvious. And doesn't mean anything at all beyond the basic fact that 'authority' has.... authority.





  • RedSparrows 1 May 2011 01:32:35 21,998 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Also, they're not exactly directly related to Henry et al. Royal history is, astonishingly, not quite so divine and eternal as one might think...!
  • Ka-blamo 1 May 2011 02:15:21 7,287 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:

    I was simply saying that there is a difference between prince William wearing a Uniform and FWB wearing one, he was (I presume) Facetiously saying that it's the same thing.
  • FWB 1 May 2011 09:29:51 43,806 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You're right, there is a difference. I'm not so antiquated that I would put on a uniform and prat around as a prince. However, I see absolutely no reason why William should be enshrined in that way just because of his birth. He is a normal human being. Nothing special about him... aside from the fact that he gets to fly helicopters. Nothing particularly against the guy.

    Just because the majority support it, does not make it fact or right. See religion and other such farcical belief systems. Red says it perfectly when he says "authority has authority". Henry the VIII (a dictator) might be put up there because of his powerful position and what he did with it, but this is the 21st century. We are supposed to be moving behind unelected figures of authority.

    I have "royal blood", by the way. Albeit.... cough... French. Ugh. But then we all have royal blood, because we all stemmed from the same place. But if you subscribe to it all, do you mind getting me a cafe latte?
  • Ged42 1 May 2011 10:37:03 7,700 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I remember talking to someone at an EG meet a while back, who said they had royal blood on the Stuart line, can't remember who it was though.

    I have royal blood as well.

    I keep it in a jar, in the fridge.
  • Ka-blamo 1 May 2011 13:34:52 7,287 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    I have "royal blood", by the way. Albeit.... cough... French.

    Your opinions are now worthless! ;)

    I understand what you're saying and why you think it's silly, pointless/useless.......but, I love it all.
  • brokenkey 1 May 2011 14:26:48 6,944 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Actually, the queen has someone to wipe her arse for her

    3DS 3497-0122-1484
    XBL/PSN/NNID: CptnBrokenkey

  • TechnoHippy 1 May 2011 14:31:25 14,698 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    brokenkey wrote:
    Actually, the queen has someone to wipe her arse for her

    You don't need to be royalty to have that.

    /Checks bathroom door is still locked.

    My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

  • Feanor 1 May 2011 14:37:56 14,055 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    brokenkey wrote:
    Actually, the queen has someone to wipe her arse for her

    A lot of 80 year olds have that.
  • Ka-blamo 1 May 2011 15:23:38 7,287 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I heard a story a while ago I don't know if it's true, about Charles' personal dresser was late or forgot about him or something.

    Apparently Charles was standing in his bedroom in his underpants, not knowing how to dress himself.
  • heyyo 1 May 2011 15:33:36 14,374 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ka-blamo wrote:
    I heard a story a while ago I don't know if it's true, about Charles' personal dresser was late or forgot about him or something.

    Apparently Charles was standing in his bedroom in his underpants, not knowing how to dress himself.

    Well unless Charles closed his eyes each time the dresser was dressing him, there's no way in hell this is true.
  • Deleted user 1 May 2011 16:03:48
    It's patently not true. He served in the Air Force and the Navy, it's highly unlikely someone dressed him the entire time he was there.
  • Dirtbox 1 May 2011 16:07:34 77,467 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    That story was originally about some princess 150 years ago.

    +1 / Like / Tweet this post

  • Ka-blamo 1 May 2011 16:16:46 7,287 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    And now Charles is doing it *shakes head
  • Deleted user 1 May 2011 16:31:06
    ...what with all the Farmer conferences and whatnot...
  • urban 2 May 2011 09:29:08 10,923 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Royal Wedding Abridged!
  • Psychotext 2 May 2011 09:40:00 53,801 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not seen anything of the wedding other than that. Was it too difficult for them to find a ring which fit her finger or something? Or is it a way of saying "put on any weight and you're going to lose your finger my love".
  • dutchspeededup 2 May 2011 09:42:07 4,376 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ka-blamo wrote:
    I heard a story a while ago I don't know if it's true, about Charles' personal dresser was late or forgot about him or something.

    Apparently Charles was standing in his bedroom in his underpants, not knowing how to dress himself.

    My Uncle was at Gordonstoun with Prince Charles. If he's anything like him he certainly knows how to undress a man.
  • Psychotext 2 May 2011 09:46:25 53,801 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    \o/
  • sam8055 2 May 2011 10:12:49 2 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Please watch the highlights here

    http://youtu.be/4n5627RkaiA
  • sam8055 2 May 2011 10:14:26 2 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Please watch kate's arrival

    http://youtu.be/M5KtubDr7z0
  • Deleted user 6 May 2011 11:18:04
    What?

    Edit: Hopefully The Queen was on the blower straight away to put a stop to this.

  • Kosmoz 6 May 2011 11:25:29 7,589 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Livetext_beta_tester wrote:
    What?

    Edit: Hopefully The Queen was on the blower straight away to put a stop to this.

    Why would she still be wearing an engagement ring rather than a wedding ring?

    Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

  • boo 6 May 2011 11:27:36 11,703 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Waitrose - a better class of customer all round...

    Just Another Lego Blog

  • senso-ji 6 May 2011 11:27:37 5,790 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Because it's worth a lot more
  • boo 6 May 2011 11:29:56 11,703 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Kosmoz wrote:
    Why would she still be wearing an engagement ring rather than a wedding ring?

    You don't stop wearing an engagement ring when you get married.
    Traditionally, the woman removes the engagement ring for the wedding ceremony, and then puts it back on, after the marriage, below her wedding ring.

    Just Another Lego Blog

  • Kosmoz 6 May 2011 11:32:11 7,589 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    boo wrote:
    Kosmoz wrote:
    Why would she still be wearing an engagement ring rather than a wedding ring?

    You don't stop wearing an engagement ring when you get married.
    Traditionally, the woman removes the engagement ring for the wedding ceremony, and then puts it back on, after the marriage, below her wedding ring.
    I wasn't aware of that. Learn something new every day and all that.

    Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

  • Deleted user 6 May 2011 11:32:38
    It needs resizing, and it has wheels.
  • Page

    of 51 First / Last

Log in or register to reply