Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • Rauha 14 Nov 2010 11:01:05 4,271 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hasbro confirmed during its investor conference earlier this week a sequel to Transformers: War for Cybertron is currently in development and is set for release sometime in 2012.

Mark Blecher, SVP and General Manager of Digital Media & Gaming, said he was pleased with the response of the first title released earlier this year.

"This is the most highly-rated, critical success of any game that's had the Hasbro brand yet and we're looking forward to a sequel in 2012," Blecher stated.

It's expected San Diego-based High Moon Studios, the developer of the first game, is behind the sequel, though that information has not been confirmed.

Blecher also said the Transformers: Dark of the Moon video game will be released in 2011 to coincide with the launch of the movie. Additionally, the Transformers MMO, in development by NetDragon, is planned for launch in the West but no specific territories were mentioned.
    - IGN

Not had a chance to try the first game; but from what I hear it's very good.
  • Gearskin 14 Nov 2010 11:11:25 2,045 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wicked! The first game was awesome fun! Shame the online community is getting smaller and smaller.
  • Kill_Crazy 14 Nov 2010 11:49:58 2,287 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Should really of completed the first WfC as it's actually very good. Going to give it to my nephew though as he loves Transformers. Will borrow it back when i hit a slack month for games. Maybe by about April ;)
  • Gearskin 15 Nov 2010 18:22:05 2,045 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I went online with this last night on 360... 500 odd players. Compared to the 2.5 MILLION on COD. Damn
  • Machetazo 10 Oct 2011 23:45:38 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is there a Fall of Cybertron thread?
    Transformers: Fall of Cybertron transports you to the final days of the planet Cybertron where you will experience the darkest hours of the apocalyptic war between the Autobots and Decepticons. Embark on an adrenaline-fueled journey through a wide range of missions and massive environments designed around each character's unique abilities. With the stakes higher than ever before, you play as a variety of Transformers, including Grimlock's nearly indestructible T-Rex form and the legendary Combaticons forming into the colossal Bruticus.

High Moon showed Optimus Prime as he appears in the sequel, to Game Informer.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 10 Oct 2011 23:51:31 37,302 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Machetazo wrote:
    Is there a Fall of Cybertron thread?
    There is now!

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Gearskin 11 Oct 2011 21:33:50 2,045 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I shall go here to continue my discussion.

This game... will be awesome. And it's been confirmed today that Matt Tieger, game lead on WFC, is also in charge of this. The core team wasn't responsible for that shitty Dark of the Moon tie in. Phew!

Loving the new look Prime!
  • krushing 12 Oct 2011 09:23:16 777 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I managed about two or three missions of the first game before passing out of boredom. It wasn't exactly bad, just really, really average. Maybe this'll be a bit more...exciting?
  • smoothpete 12 Oct 2011 09:45:21 31,322 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I enjoyed the 1st one a lot. And if I get to play as Grimlock then count me in
  • Rauha 14 Oct 2011 20:41:51 4,271 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Grimlock. Trailer. Comic con.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRQqcrriFcM
  • Machetazo 1 Jun 2012 21:26:40 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Activision/High Moon Studios announces PC version! :D

Arriving day-and-date with the other platforms. Being handled by the group responsible for
    The Sly Collection, as well as a variety of Spider-Man and Lord of the Rings games.
    additionally, gameplay footage from the game's first mission was published, features Bumblebee.

Edited by Machetazo at 21:44:00 01-06-2012

Edited by Machetazo at 01:23:42 17-06-2012
  • bad09 1 Jun 2012 23:24:46 5,623 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah just saw this, I'm excited love the first one might re-install it actually and have a massive playthrough of both :)
  • Machetazo 17 Jun 2012 01:28:04 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    preview during E3, where they remarked how all the battles felt "epic" :)
  • bad09 17 Jun 2012 10:05:22 5,623 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ah man that footage on Shack was epic, flamethrowers and transforming dinosaurs are always a win. Mechanical murder death kill with your teeth is ultra violence that would make Warren Spector giggle like a little boy. PC version is gonna be lovely.

I wonder if I can get my little girl into Transformers so I can play with some toys again? Barbie just doesn't cut it without real bits :(
  • Machetazo 24 Jul 2012 16:40:11 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    PC version will use Steamworks, will receive all of the same DLC as consoles (the game will launch the same day on all platforms - in the US it's download only for PC users.)
    It will also feature:
    ‘no DRM’ beyond Steam’s own, “enhanced textures, lighting, and shadows” and proper keyboard and mouse controls.

It's also been announced that there are no plans for it to use DirectX11, or include modding/custom map creation support. Source: RPS. Late next month is when it'll be here.

Edited by Machetazo at 16:40:57 24-07-2012
  • Machetazo 24 Jul 2012 21:58:58 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Videos: One a stage demo from Comic-Con; the other a trailer highlighting the flavour of FOC's multiplayer.
  • Anthony_UK 31 Jul 2012 19:43:45 2,459 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Chunky demo now up on xbox live... currently downloading and apparently has single player, multiplayer and the character creator available to mess around with.
  • Deleted user 31 July 2012 19:56:34
    Oh nice a sp demo. Will fire up the Xbox if I can find the power cable...
  • StarchildHypocrethes 31 Jul 2012 23:59:42 25,406 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well that demo just brought the memories flooding back. The vehicles may still be a bit futuristic, but the new character models are awesome.

My inner child is squealing and demanding it be the 24th.
  • SFD 1 Aug 2012 00:53:30 481 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Multiplayer is exceptional, just like last WFC. 3 weeks to go :)
  • Ultrasoundwave 2 Aug 2012 09:36:12 3,264 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Excellent demo, really enjoyed it.

The first game was excellent, especially the multiplayer, so i'll definitely be picking this up.

The only worry is that, because this is an Activision game, it will most likely be £45 at launch. :evil:

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Deckard1 2 Aug 2012 09:41:40 27,069 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Tried the demo last night, just more of the same really. Which is no bad thing really. Wish they'd worked on making it feel a bit more weighty though.
  • L_Franko Moderator 2 Aug 2012 10:13:44 9,694 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sweet, this is released on payday and it will be perfect after a solid week of playing Sleeping Dogs.
  • bad09 2 Aug 2012 11:46:06 5,623 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Machetazo wrote:
    PC version will use Steamworks
    Ah man that's a big pile of poo I don't spend more than a tenner on Steamworks DRM games (been on the receiving end of Steams offline mode spaz outs before the steamboys start).

Oh well guess it's a sale game now, gutted I was so happy PC was getting it to. Oh well got enough to get on with until it hits the acceptable DRM infected pricing range I guess.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 2 Aug 2012 12:05:00 25,406 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yes, I may have just pre-ordered at GAME's extortionate price so I can have the proper Optimus Prime and Megatron.

What of it.

Edited by StarchildHypocrethes at 12:05:45 02-08-2012
  • Anthony_UK 2 Aug 2012 21:08:25 2,459 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm not a Transformers fan as such but that was great fun, the single player especially seemed to have a surprising amount of polish to it.

Multiplayer also seemed great though a little laggy from the quick go I had.

With so many identikit shooters around it was great to play something a little different.

Besides I may be 30 but I'll never grow tired of shooting someone with a giant robot before changing into a tank to finish them off!
  • JohnnyWashnGo 2 Aug 2012 21:39:24 1,544 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just had to cancel my preorder sadly. The game looks amazing and as a huge transformers fan I have been looking forward to its fire ages. But the demo has highlighted something that means I cannot play the game... The inability to invert both X and Y axis on the control system.

I really struggle to play 3rd person games that don't let me invert both axis. Because of this I will have to take a miss on this game. Which is a real shame as I really wanted to enjoy the game.

You have to ask why the devs can't include an option to invert both axis in a game.
  • Deckard1 2 Aug 2012 22:22:41 27,069 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh don't look so glum JohnnyWashnGo

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous