Darksiders 2 Page 12

• Page

of 14 First / Last

• Deleted user 7 September 2012 14:28:31
    Cheers, I've already found him. Much easier than the fire bat thing.
  • spamdangled 7 Sep 2012 14:33:19 27,421 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    AdamAsunder wrote:
    Anyone know where I can find Gorewood? Game points me to Weeping Crag but then that's it.
    He's in the depths of that dungeon. IIRC you need the soul splitter ability to get to him.
    No soul-splitter required. It's a pretty small and simple dungeon. There's lots of loot to be found though if you have the Deathgrip, a page at the end of a wall run above the water you dive into, and something (can't remember what) that requires the Voidwalker.

Edited by darkmorgado at 14:33:42 07-09-2012

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• spamdangled 7 Sep 2012 14:35:27 27,421 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    AdamAsunder wrote:
    There's a trick to that fire dragon thingy - one end of the platform has a small lip you can drop on to, where it can't hurt you. Use it to plug away with your gun to maintain wrath and summon your ghouls.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• kinky_mong 7 Sep 2012 14:43:20 10,688 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    AdamAsunder wrote:
    Anyone know where I can find Gorewood? Game points me to Weeping Crag but then that's it.
    He's in the depths of that dungeon. IIRC you need the soul splitter ability to get to him.
    No soul-splitter required. It's a pretty small and simple dungeon. There's lots of loot to be found though if you have the Deathgrip, a page at the end of a wall run above the water you dive into, and something (can't remember what) that requires the Voidwalker.
    You're right, the Soul Splitter is for a platform near that voidwalker bit though.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• spamdangled 7 Sep 2012 14:45:57 27,421 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @kinky_mong

You sure? If so, I stand corrected (I haven't played in a few days so my memory is going hazy already).

• MrTomFTW Moderator 7 Sep 2012 14:52:09 39,262 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I beat Gorewood just last night on NG+. No soul splitter required. Just swim to the bottom of the flooded staircase.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• kinky_mong 7 Sep 2012 14:52:33 10,688 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @darkmorgado Yep, I've been going through the trek of getting all the collectibles and did that bit this week. There's a platform that raises when a nearby panel is active, so you need to activate the soul splitter on the platform, then revert back to normal and jump off it when it's fully raised.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• spamdangled 7 Sep 2012 14:55:06 27,421 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @kinky_mong

You don't need the splitter for that. Just stand on the panel, wait for platform to rise to the top, and you can easily clamber up it and onto the next one before it goes down again.

• kinky_mong 7 Sep 2012 15:08:05 10,688 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @darkmorgado Didn't work when I tried that, plus you need items found later than the soul splitter to get what's up their anyway.

• Syrette 7 Sep 2012 15:08:44 44,057 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I know fuck all about these games. Can someone suggest similar titles that I might have played?

Might throw this on my Lovefilm list but I really know nothing about the franchise and it being just another third person action game doesn't excite me all that much on its own. Unfortunately I really have nothing to play right now outside of the odd SSX/BF3 session but I've had those games for months.

• kinky_mong 7 Sep 2012 15:19:18 10,688 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    I know fuck all about these games. Can someone suggest similar titles that I might have played?

Might throw this on my Lovefilm list but I really know nothing about the franchise and it being just another third person action game doesn't excite me all that much on its own. Unfortunately I really have nothing to play right now outside of the odd SSX/BF3 session but I've had those games for months.
    Zelda is the main influence, but with the platforming of Price Of Persia, the loot system of Diablo, and similar hack and slash combat to God Of War and the like.

• spamdangled 7 Sep 2012 15:30:23 27,421 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Syrette wrote:

Metroid, Zelda, Castlevania etc.

It's very Metroidvania in structure, as is stuff like Arkham Asylum, etc.

• YenRug 7 Sep 2012 16:47:35 2,380 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    AdamAsunder wrote:
    There's a trick to that fire dragon thingy - one end of the platform has a small lip you can drop on to, where it can't hurt you. Use it to plug away with your gun to maintain wrath and summon your ghouls.
    I found a relatively safe, but slow, way to take fire bat/dragon boss out:

1. Deathgrip across to the platform where you fight him, making sure you land after he's flown past.

2. Wait whilst he flies around the back side of the pillar of rock, before he emerges use Deathgrip to swing back to the small platform.

3. Switch to the gun and hold down the targetting button; the fire dragon will do a single stomp/bomb attack on the now empty fighting platform, as soon as you get lock-on unload the gun into him.

4. Go to Step 1 and repeat until fire dragon's health bar is empty.

5. Once health bar is empty, you need to stay on the fighting platform and hit him with a single attack/shot to trigger the kill sequence animation.

One piece of advice, actively switch back and forth between the Deathgrip ability and the gun, I found it a bit hit or miss as to whether the Deathgrip skill would work whilst the gun was equipped. Plunging into the abyss whilst firing my gun, despite the R2 action icon being on screen, was a tad annoying.
  • stryker1121 8 Sep 2012 05:16:53 734 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Fire bat is quite easy if you have teleport. Took me a few goes to figure it out, but all you have to do is chip away at his health with Redemption, teleport thru him, then tumble forward fast to avoid his tail whip. Turn back around and repeat the process til he's dead.. I was at level 10 or so and it takes maybe 10 minutes to beat him using this tactic, w/ no need for the exploit. Very simple stuff once you get the pattern down.

Edited by stryker1121 at 05:17:08 08-09-2012

Edited by stryker1121 at 05:18:35 08-09-2012
  • FatsoJetson 11 Sep 2012 00:22:01 307 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If anyone's finished with their copy of Darksiders 2 (PS3 or 360) and fancies a straight swap for a copy of Sleeping Dogs on 360 let me know.

I've put the offer in the September Swapsies thread too. Thanks.
  • stryker1121 11 Sep 2012 05:34:02 734 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just got to earth and I cannot wait for this TPS bit to be over. This has to be one of the most misbegotten levels I've played in ages and it goes on forever. Completely strays away from what makes this game good. There's something to be said for mixing up gameplay but not like this. DS2 is not a linear corridor shooter. Awful.
  • Derblington 11 Sep 2012 07:28:48 22,070 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Goes on forever? It's the shorten section of the game at about 30-40 minutes.
    It's not a corridor shooter, so drop the gun and just play it like the rest of the game.
  • kinky_mong 11 Sep 2012 11:44:36 10,688 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @stryker1121 Easily the worst part of the game, to make it slightly more bareable use the explosive sticky launcher gun thing as that rips through the enemy quicker.

• samk 13 Sep 2012 10:28:26 703 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Currently playing through the Dead Kingdom bit. It's an 'ok' game so far at best. It's very derivative and just too long. 12 hours into it and apparently I'm only about halfway through. I'm running headlong through most areas because I've seen variants of the dungeons dozens of times already. Definately could have done with slimming it down and focusing on upping the quality.

Visually, the combat is faaaar too chaotic. If there are more than a few enemies I just can't make out what the hell is going on.

I'm not keen on the loot system. It reduces the game to a stop-start affair. I've already given up checking my loot regularly, only when a boss is killed.

Not enjoying it as much as DS1 in truth but will plod on.
  • Murbs 14 Sep 2012 09:28:12 22,508 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Friend_of_Skeletor
    :D
  • itinkuravinalaff 29 Sep 2012 01:22:52 191 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    jeez I was going to get this tomorrow but after going through this thread iv changed my mind,I loved the first but if this has prince of persia style platforming then its a no no no no no no......no!
  • spamdangled 29 Sep 2012 03:05:37 27,421 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's really not that different from the first game. Platforming is certainly pretty much the same, but it has a much improved combat system and a focus on loot.

Btw, is Argul's Tomb out yet? If so, what's it like?

Edited by darkmorgado at 03:07:33 29-09-2012

• Machetazo 2 Oct 2012 12:39:40 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    I beat Gorewood just last night on NG+. No soul splitter required. Just swim to the bottom of the flooded staircase.
    oh, there's a NG+! :o I beat Gorewood last night on my first playthrough at lvl 4 :)
    It was the first time I discovered that an octopus clearly designed the controls as I tried to figure how i would both retain focus on the boss, and still be able to tele-slash!
    The game's really fun, though. I'm just past the Drenchfort, and all the dungeons have been great. So much hidden stuff.
  • mad_caddy 2 Oct 2012 12:46:20 3,306 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Picked this up after someone pointed it out in the bargains thread. 24.99 in game and with both DLCs, lovely stuff worth every penny.

it's like some kind of Zelda / Soul Reaver tribute, can't fault it at all, knew exactly what I was getting, so it ticks all the boxes.
  • kinky_mong 2 Oct 2012 13:50:06 10,688 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:

Btw, is Argul's Tomb out yet? If so, what's it like?
    Yes. Same old shit with an ice theme.

• Youthist 8 Oct 2012 13:47:10 10,054 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Erm - so - probably been discussed, but I cannot read the fucking text in this game. Actually making me want to stop playing it. Anyone else?

"Good chess players think one move ahead. Great chess players think two or three moves ahead."

• Machetazo 8 Oct 2012 14:12:34 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    @stryker1121 Easily the worst part of the game, to make it slightly more bareable use the explosive sticky launcher gun thing as that rips through the enemy quicker.
    I found it a fun enough change of pace - the ties back to the first one helped it, for me. The racket whenever monster waves came in boosted the mood of that zone, I thought the aesthetic was good, but I'm glad it was a brief detour. There wasn't much exploration to be doing, although there were plenty of collectables to find.
  • mikew1985 8 Oct 2012 15:06:09 12,966 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I found earth an incredible bore and overall the game isn't a patch on the first one.

I suppose i must have enjoyed it enough, as I kept going to the end (played apocalyptic) but I felt it was a real slog at times. strangely i never felt that about the original at any stage so i don't know what the difference is.

I think Vigil just lost a bit of the focus and feel of the original, even the combat to me was inferior. I really felt like I was a badass by the end of the first (again on Apocalyptic).

I could get through most fights without a scratch due to skill whereas with this I felt like getting hit wasn't really avoidable a lot of the time and again it just wasn't as "tight".
  • Youthist 8 Oct 2012 15:17:12 10,054 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Seriously - you can all read the small text?

"Good chess players think one move ahead. Great chess players think two or three moves ahead."

• Page

of 14 First / Last