Darksiders 2 Page 11

• Page

of 14 First / Last

• spamdangled 30 Aug 2012 18:47:44 27,413 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Interesting glitch during the Archon boss fight:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59141686@N05/7895261912/in/photostream/lightbox/

Was able to grab him with the deathgrip and hit him without him being able to do any damage to me.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Deleted user 3 September 2012 23:42:38
    I can see a lot of people succumbing to the tedium and not finishing this, fuck me it goes on.
  • mikew1985 4 Sep 2012 00:28:25 12,890 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm really enjoying it more the further I go actually. Not sure how far I've left but I'm about level 17 or 18.

I think it would have been cool if they'd made some of the secret chests a little more interesting loot wise. I seem as likely to pick up a great weapon mid battle as from a boss fight or chest.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 4 Sep 2012 06:55:51 38,686 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I love the music in this.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• stryker1121 4 Sep 2012 18:17:36 714 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm enjoying it quite a bit as I move on, just got to the Death Lords quest and yes the pacing of the game isn't great, but the exploration and art design is quite good and the combat is just fun enough to keep me going.

The game is funny about how it levels enemies, however. Was trying to finish the Deposed King sidequest yesterday and while it was pretty easy to get through his lair (fighting Level 13-14 mobs) the King himself crushed me easily and I could barely scratch him. What level is he at?
  • spamdangled 4 Sep 2012 18:27:58 27,413 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Deposed King is level 20. He's a sidequest boss and designed to be tackled at or near the endgame.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• mattigan 5 Sep 2012 08:10:23 1,429 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I beat him at level 18, the trick is to not get hit (at all) goad him into the move where he gets stuck, then hit the gouls immediately and chip away at him, rince and repeat. And learn to recognize when he is winding up for the spin move then dodge like crazy.

It takes a while to take him down, but it may be worth levelling up a bit before anyway as his loot is level 20 so its a bit pointless taking him down unless you are at 20 or above...
  • kinky_mong 5 Sep 2012 11:53:19 10,438 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    CoDisKing wrote:
    I like the zelda like style loads but anyone else dislike the rpg and loot stuff they added? I mean I am supposed to be death. Would death really need to "level up" or scrat around trying to find a better scythe?

I think the game would have been better if item and stat management wasn't in there.
    Completely agree, I hate the loot addition. Imagine how much better the game could have been if they spent more time on thinking up some original ideas for the game, rather than making 20 good weapons/armour and then hundreds of shitter versions of the same thing.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• mikew1985 5 Sep 2012 11:56:43 12,890 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yea, after 20 odd hours, I'm not sure loot was the right way to go, they should have just had more unique items in defined or set locations.

I like the loot but I'm kind of thinking without it there might have been some more interesting treasure around the various dungeons.

I've just gone to earth and I have to say I'm finding this part a real slog so far.
  • Derblington 5 Sep 2012 15:28:33 21,914 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You don't have to faff about doing anything, you can ignore it if you want to. I change weapon once in 5 levels-ish, which is normally possessed, where I just feed all the other stuff to it and then sell off the rest. It's only a chore if you treat it like a chore.
  • mattigan 5 Sep 2012 16:52:56 1,429 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That'll be by design, loot or not. If after 10 hours you can one shot all enemies for the next 10 hours then the game would be pretty dull, pretty much the reason I'm playing Apocalyptic and not normal.

Enemies level with you, apart from certain pre-set enemies like the Deposed King.
  • mattigan 5 Sep 2012 18:03:11 1,429 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well I actually agree as I focus on damage and defense pretty much exclusively when selecting kit. But if you are that way inclined there is the option to tailor kit to the situation, piercing vs armour, inferno vs organics, ice vs fire etc....
  • Derblington 5 Sep 2012 18:43:21 21,914 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @CoDisKing and all I'm saying is that you're resenting an action that you're choosing to do when you could stop and just get on with playing the game. If you prefer the game without it, treat it as though it doesn't have it.
  • jack24 5 Sep 2012 18:49:58 284 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    There is an auto loot option aswell isn't there? Not tried it but maybe thats what your after, not that I could ever understand complaints about loot. You say the game would be better without it but I got pretty bored with the weapon choice in the first darksiders!
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 5 Sep 2012 20:09:42 38,686 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Huh, just kind of ends this doesn't it? Piss easy end boss, then a hurried feeling cut-scene that just ends how Darksiders 1 finished.

Still enjoyed the game a lot mind you. Might make a start on the NG+ but I doubt I'll get anywhere near finishing it!

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Derblington 6 Sep 2012 07:37:24 21,914 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @CoDisKing It's not pointless at all but there are multiple ways of using it. That's the main draw of the system - players can use it depth, use it a bit or largely ignore it and it doesn't halt their progress.

You're clearly using it the wrong way for you, so use it a different way. If you started to do that, rather than fret over the intentions of the design team, you might start to enjoy the game more. Right now it seems like you're the cause of your problem because you can't seem to get past that.

Personally, I don't obsess over the numbers. If certain stats are green I'll pick it up, if not I leave it (and I leave a lot). I almost exclusively use a possessed weapon of my own devising, feeding it the stuff I collect to ensure it has the properties I want and then sell off the rest for gilt (though I have more than I'll ever need already - I'm half way through NG+).

saying that, even feeding and leveling a possessed weapon to full takes about 2 minutes out of every 90+. I don't really understand where your faffing over numbers is coming from?
  • YenRug 6 Sep 2012 17:16:55 2,312 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    overcorpse wrote:
    I'm trying to do the Deposed King side mission and all i can say is the fucking thing cheats.I double evade sometimes triple his attacks and there is a country mile of space between me and his mace yet he always manages to freeze me.

Getting pretty fucked of with the game in general because there has been plenty of other instances of WTF HOW! to start making it unenjoyable.
    I can't begin to guess how many times he killed me, but after the first 10 or so I became determined not to give up. And yes, he is a cheating bastard; as you say, his mace can be nowhere near you and you still get frozen, but even more annoying than that is even after you shatter and escape the ice you still keep on taking damage! The amount of times I managed to break free and still died, because I couldn't use a potion in time, was simply unbelievable. Finally sussed that you have to dash "forwards" (when locked on), rather than to the sides, so that you just get behind him but even then it wasn't a move that you could pull off reliably.

As for the Wailing Host (the boss in City of the Dead, right?), I kinda pissed all over him; I had Achidna's Fangs equipped and just kept on using the ground-pounding move whilst stood right next to him. Even though his arms would sweep back and forth through me, it didn't interrupt the attack animation and I was healing damage way more quickly than he could inflict it. Any summoned skeletons that got near me just got smashed to bits and then when the boss dropped his head down towards the ground I just smacked the crap out of him, with him reeling over for the KO blows.

Edited by YenRug at 17:21:27 06-09-2012
  • spamdangled 6 Sep 2012 17:32:26 27,413 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    His freeze ability is AOE I think, which is why you can be frozen even if you're not directly hit.

Just keep your distance, plugging away with your gun and summoning ghouls, then when he gets stuck run up behind him (teleport slash is a good way to do this fast), get a few hits in then dodge away again. His attack animation is fairly long too, so you should have plenty of time to avoid him.

• kinky_mong 6 Sep 2012 17:39:18 10,438 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    He turns up in one of the last lot of waves of The Crucible. Great.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• mattigan 6 Sep 2012 17:54:04 1,429 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    As I said in my previous post, he telegraphs his big attacks so you can dodge them easily (pay attention to what he's doing), short wind up = quick attack x2 (an easy dodge), long wind up = Freeze attack (double dodge, summon gouls and close in for easy damage, then dodge out when the ice breaks), fist pump = spin attack (dodge like mad!)

I didn't stay locked on at all, just circled just out of his range and shot to recharge gouls, using RS to keep him in frame so I could see what was coming and react accordingly.

The trick is not to get hit, and NEVER close in unless his mace is stuck in the ground :)
  • mattigan 6 Sep 2012 20:10:55 1,429 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well that's me out of this thread,, 28 hours in, level 21 and I appear to have a corrupt save file, eBay time!
  • Deleted user 7 September 2012 13:53:38
    Been playing this since last week and I still don't know whether I'm enjoying it or not. Is that weird or what?

The soundtrack is great but I care little about the story. I don't really remember much about the first either so it's all flying over my head. Death is a pretty cool character though.

Found the boss fight with the fiery bat thingy really frustrating and then it glitched and the thing fell to it's death randomly on my 7th try. Didn't really feel a sense of accomplishment. Anyone else get this?
  • Deleted user 7 September 2012 14:03:07
    Anyone know where I can find Gorewood? Game points me to Weeping Crag but then that's it.
  • kinky_mong 7 Sep 2012 14:18:43 10,438 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    AdamAsunder wrote:
    Anyone know where I can find Gorewood? Game points me to Weeping Crag but then that's it.
    He's in the depths of that dungeon. IIRC you need the soul splitter ability to get to him.

• Page

of 14 First / Last