Bug reporting & feedback

• Page

of 120 First / Last

Previous
  • Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 3 Nov 2010 14:28:23 4,624 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Leave your design feedback and bug reports in here. Please quote your OS, browser with version number and whether you're using Mobile / Portable / HD.

Known issues / comments:

Bugs

"Display settings is broken in ie9, the dropdown boxes don't correspond with the text."

"when a creator of a thread uses "Forum Moderation" to change the name of a thread or move it when the little boxes that pop up are too big and stretch past the box behind it. (Chrome)"

"Quoted some text, put my text in, hit reply and it took me to 'create a thread'. XP, IE8, portable"

"viewing the mobile site on Google Nexus One results in incorrect page layout - forum titles appear over the top of text. Also changing to landscape view and back make page pan / scan."

"I can't log in when I use Safari. Happens only on .net, I can sign in on all other EG sites just fine."

"text not appearing below images or vides - Win XP, Firefox 7, Portable skin."

"All the article blurbs seems to have wrapped text... but only about an inch accros so they are all fatter than they should be.
    This Uncharted advert also tales up half the screen! Have to scroll down to see anything on the front page.
    using ie explorer 7.0.5730.13"

"in any posts that quote more than five people, the last person's quotation is placed in a tiny column that can only fit 3 or 4 words on each line ( Mobile site using HTC Desire with Dolphin Hd 6.2 browser"

No edit comment or ignore poster features

"The new spangly site crashes my Blackberry browser with a "This page is too big and will be closed" error."

"The update has broken the iPhone eurogamer app. It comes up with article not found when you try to read an article."

"I use Chrome on my Mac (not fullscreen) and the whole right side of the website is cut off. So that the centre is actually aligned to the right and I can just about see the left side of Username section."

"A few posts on iPhone go off the right of the page and I can't scroll to the right to see the rest of said posts"

"if I have my iPad in Portrait reading the Forums the Battlefield adon the left pertrudes out and covers some of the forum posts. Landscape however is fine and it spaces the columns and Ads out perfectly."

"I've had the site switch back from portable to HD by itself. It also doesn't seem to have a green light against threads with new posts in sometimes."

"A lot of styling is broken in FF 3.5.9 on Fedora"

"inbox/notification has some layout issues.
    Manage group has some layout issues also.
    Cant post text under images or videos.
    (HD and Chrome)"

"Main forum thread page, if windowed has the background not aligning with the content, so separation between the light and dark column falls underneath the thread titles"

"Also, that damn Battlefield ad is now blocking the first fifth of the text entry box I'm typing into now (on an iPad in portrait). That means I can't see the first few words of every line, so am liable to type worse gibberish than usual. I can only just see the "reply" button!"

"Anyone else not able to see any images for the front page articles at the moment? Or avatars, or group images. Firefox 8.0 beta"

"the spammers created threads are not disappearing from the main forum view. They show as having -1 posts and when you go in to them it says they're deleted."

"When windowed a lot of things overlap, the right hand grey fade out covers the "post a comment" box...So I can't really see what I've written on the right side of the box"

"When reloading (cmd+r, though I guess F5 too) the site reverts back to HD again (forum)...
    "On the top bar the "search" option doesn't fit and is squeezed to just below it (floating on the right below "forum"(forum)"
    (Snow Leopard, Firefox 7.0.1, windowed "portable")

"Long usernames (Or even not so long) cover the background separation between the names and columns of comments"

"I'm not seeing spoiler tags; all the text is unmasked from the beginning. I'm on an HTC Desire with Dolphin HD browser using the Mobile site. Also broken on portable"

"The page seems to flicker when i'm viewing it (mainly on the forums) the foreground forum content seems to disappear and only show the BG for a split second. But it happens every 4-5 seconds though when first viewing the page. I'm using Safari if that helps."

"Middle-Click scroll tool is broken - Vista/Chrome (latest)"

"I don't seem to be able to leave groups, anyone else has that problem? I get the confirmation that I've left, but it's a DAMN LIE."

"And when I post, why does it throw me back a page? i.e. If I post on Page 24 of a thread it will post my text and then load page 23"

"Font looks slightly broken in Chrome. Certainly bolder and softer on the eye on IE7."

"The number of pages in a thread is incorrect. For me it alwys seems to be adding at least 2...sometimes 3 or 4."

"The stats for number so fthreads that I am following, have participated in and have created all seem to change to random numbers whenever I load a new page."

"I still have 2 unread messages that don't actually exist, but they've been there over a year now"

"If you go to the profile of someone who's not been on the site since the last redesign (or maybe before), like this chap, it tells you they were last seen 42 years ago"

Edited by Venatio at 16:15:18 24-10-2011

"sounds like a public school ponce"

• Load_2.0 3 Nov 2010 14:30:45 19,148 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    No adverts.
    Better search.
    Make the forum identical in appearance to an excel spreadsheet.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 3 Nov 2010 14:34:41 25,602 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Don't even think of adding avatars and sigs.

I know where EG Towers is and I am prepared to be a holy warrior.
  • Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 3 Nov 2010 14:35:13 4,624 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    Don't even think of adding avatars and sigs.

No worries there.

• StarchildHypocrethes 3 Nov 2010 14:36:25 25,602 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    \o/
  • StarchildHypocrethes 3 Nov 2010 14:36:42 25,602 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Allan be praised.
  • craigy Staff 3 Nov 2010 14:38:26 7,600 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I want an ad-free, paid-for version of Eurogamer.
  • smoothpete 3 Nov 2010 14:38:38 31,495 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just leave the forum as is.
  • Load_2.0 3 Nov 2010 14:41:02 19,148 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ok,

Very minor: is it possible to move the video button on the left handside menu from the platform section to the area below with games and reviews. I struggled to find that for ages.

More involved: when you click on a forumites comment/forum history could that take you to their comment rather than to the 1st page of what can sometimes be a 50, 100, 200+ thread?

• ecureuil 3 Nov 2010 14:47:49 76,726 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    New style sheets please. :)
    And a wider forum display option. 678px leaves a lot of white space for me, but I suppose that'd mess with your ads.
  • Deleted user 3 November 2010 14:48:33
    Venatio wrote:
    Specifically we're thinking about features that you don't really use

In with the 'the front page' joke.
  • Jeepers 3 Nov 2010 14:54:34 13,175 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Leave the forum as it is, but the main site needs a ground-up re-design, I reckon.
  • graysonavich 3 Nov 2010 14:56:51 7,320 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Don't change anything, you're perfect teh way you are
  • burns 3 Nov 2010 15:00:24 1,138 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A link to the newest post in a thread since you last visited it.
  • X201 3 Nov 2010 15:02:11 15,268 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    graysonavich wrote:
    Don't change anything, you're perfect teh way you are

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrRPA25UBGg

/obligatory
  • Blerk Moderator 3 Nov 2010 15:02:18 48,225 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    No orange.
  • oceanmotion 3 Nov 2010 15:05:55 15,820 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Glad to see no avatars or sigs. Much better without them.

I would like a darker theme, obviously a choice.

Delete sent messages, have you just forgot about that or is it actually meant to be that way ?
  • sport 3 Nov 2010 15:06:02 12,694 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ok, I've been mulling over this for a while and I really think it could launch EG into the Skyosphere.

Here we go - REAL TIME THREAD POSTING

When we open a thread, we see the current posts.....then (OMG here it comes)......below them you see what any other poster is currently typing in a greyed out "soon to be" post. There might be more than 1 happening at same time. When they hit submit on their side, the greyed out post becomes permanent to everyone else.
  • Physically_Insane 3 Nov 2010 15:06:50 8,759 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    sport wrote:
    ok, I've been mulling over this for a while and I really think it could launch EG into the Skyosphere.

Here we go - REAL TIME THREAD POSTING

When we open a thread, we see the current posts.....then (OMG here it comes)......below them you see what any other poster is currently typing in a greyed out "soon to be" post. There might be more than 1 happening at same time. When they hit submit on their side, the greyed out post becomes permanent to everyone else.

This. Although I'd prefer not to see what a user is typing before it's posted. Just make it like the scrolling youtube comments.

Not that hard to do either.
  • mrpon 3 Nov 2010 15:08:04 28,760 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    burns wrote:
    That's a lot of reading for ya burns! Sure you can handle it? I like it though, most other forums have it.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 3 Nov 2010 15:09:47 4,624 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    WooHoo!!! wrote:
    Delete sent messages, have you just forgot about that or is it actually meant to be that way ?

I think that's intentional.

• burns 3 Nov 2010 15:14:22 1,138 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    burns wrote:
    That's a lot of reading for ya burns! Sure you can handle it? I like it though, most other forums have it.

yeh, it seems to be standard in most proper forums :/
  • yupyup 3 Nov 2010 15:18:35 3,680 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    New user post/thread restrictions perhaps?

Hands Off Our Penises

• JetSetWilly 3 Nov 2010 15:18:45 5,721 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd like to see the site content get more of the available screen width. It has been squeezed by the ads far too much. Look at the front page, the content is squashed into an unintelligible narrow column. I don't care if "Fight" or whatever is available soon, but I do care whether there's something interesting to read on the front page.
  • Deleted user 3 November 2010 15:19:04
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 3 November 2010 15:19:04
    Maybe the ability to see who else is viewing the thread aswell?

Smaller adverts too, they take up half the screen.
  • Metalfish 3 Nov 2010 15:19:10 8,818 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Easier access to the last page of long threads.

Click, scroll, select last page, click.

Yes, you can do it from the forum view, but you can't just click last page when in a thread -if that makes any sense.
  • Lexx87 3 Nov 2010 15:19:52 20,869 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Scrolling down the front page is quite a mess to be honest.

Speak the truth hussy!

• Dirtbox 3 Nov 2010 15:20:07 77,708 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Limit thread creation in a given amount of time. No more than one thread an hour or something.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Page

of 120 First / Last

Previous