Edinburgh recommendations Page 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • AaronTurner 1 Nov 2010 17:26:00 7,786 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Tower restaurant was pretty good last time I went although that was around 10 years ago.
  • AaronTurner 1 Nov 2010 17:26:00 7,786 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Goban 1 Nov 2010 17:33:02 9,076 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    All I'm cabable of giving you is good Ale pubs. Another I'd recommend at the Leith end of Princes street is The Guildford Arms . Next door is the Cafe Royal, which is also quite nice and have pretty good Oysters, if that sort of thing floats your boat.
  • Dolly 18 Mar 2011 10:04:10 3,238 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    We are heading to Edinburgh in a month and want to do a few of the guided walks on offer. Has anyone ever done any of these, and if so can they recommend one? Ta x
  • Dougs 18 Mar 2011 10:06:40 68,467 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I had a beer in The Guidford Arms last week on a flying business visit. Charming pub, great selection of ales.
  • Dolly 2 May 2011 15:24:56 3,238 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    We went here for 3 days last week and absolutely loved it! Lovely atmosphere everywhere we went and lots to do. My personal favourite things were the Castle, The Haunted Graveyard tour by 'City of the Dead' and The Real Mary Kings close. Lots of nice pubs everywhere and we also had a great evening at The Stand comedy club. Might be my new 'favourite city ever', which used to be London after living there for 4 years. Similar cosmopolitan vibe, but it was cleaner, less threatening and not full of miserable cunts.

Would love to experience the Fringe someday.
  • PearOfAnguish 12 Apr 2012 18:04:43 7,379 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Can anyone recommend some whiskey related attractions in Edinburgh? I've heard the Scottish Whiskey Experience tour isn't great.
  • Kosmoz 12 Apr 2012 18:13:19 7,710 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fuck knows, but if you want a night out go to The Citrus Club on a Friday.

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• pinebear 12 Apr 2012 19:34:20 8,565 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Teuchter's Landing down on the shore in Leith. Dock Place to be precise. Do not miss it!

There is the Scottish Whiskey Society nearby (with a sister branch in town) but I believe you need to be a member or signed in by one.

I'd rate Teuchter's on a par
    And for sure the better bar
    In comparison to the Whiskey Soc-i-ety

/gilbert & sullivans

In terms of taking a bottle or two back home, I'd recommend Cornelius Beer & Wine and Henderson Wines. One's in Leith, the other Morningside way. Opposite ends of town really. The Whiskey shop on the Royal Mile isn't as expensive as it could be, if I recall (which I probably don't).

Paging Toothball to the thread!

• CosmicFuzz 12 Apr 2012 19:46:09 24,927 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There's Whisky on the mound, which I've never been to but looks pretty cool. As pinebear says, the Whiskey Society is meant to be very cool, but need to be a member. Or signed in by one.

There's a really great pub called The Raconteur, it's tucked away in what seems like a housing estate, just of Stockbridge in the New Town. Seriously tasty whiskey cocktails (I had a lovely whiskey, cherry and chocolate one), they're proper cocktails too, none of this sex on the beach nonsense. Very nice pub too, I'd highly recommend that.

Looking for a new video game podcast? Try ours! (And give us a rating on iTunes!) :)

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next