Battlestar Galactica - Blood and Chrome

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Previous
  • Deleted user 23 October 2010 17:51:25
    Another new series.

Can't say I am that excited given how poor I find Caprica, and I don't care for prequels. Still, you never know, the Razor flashbacks were actually quite good.

"While maintaining the themes of politics, social propaganda, and the timeless question: what does it mean to be human? - 'Blood & Chrome' will also return us to the authentic, relentless depiction of combat and the agony and ecstasy of human-Cylon war, which was the hallmark of 'Battlestar Galactica's' early seasons," said David Eick.

• Scurrminator 23 Oct 2010 17:55:38 8,465 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Digital sets!? Sounds awful!

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Deleted user 23 October 2010 18:03:22
    Lets hope they bring back number six. mmmmmmmmm. Number six.
  • neosalad 23 Oct 2010 18:07:02 953 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    i'll be looking forward to see how this turns out. still not sure about Caprica. it's okay, but just isnt the same type of show as BSG, more of a soap opera with some slight BSG theme to it.
  • PearOfAnguish 23 Oct 2010 18:25:06 7,498 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If it's more of the same stuff from Razor then it could be very interesting indeed.

We'll just assume you hate this before it even starts, Rob, save all those tiresome posts later on.

neosalad wrote:
    i'll be looking forward to see how this turns out. still not sure about Caprica. it's okay, but just isnt the same type of show as BSG, more of a soap opera with some slight BSG theme to it.

Nothing wrong with a bit of drama, they did make it clear from the start it wasn't going to be the same thing as BSG. And it's kinda creepy seeing the Cylons being built and knowing the eventual results. Really hope they get a chance to conclude the story without being cancelled.
  • Deleted user 23 October 2010 18:28:15
    The writing is on the wall for Caprica now this has been announced. Rightly so, its shit.
  • PearOfAnguish 23 Oct 2010 18:29:41 7,498 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Let us know when you actually like something. That might be worth a post.
  • Deleted user 23 October 2010 18:30:30
    Will do.
  • santabakingapie 23 Oct 2010 19:02:38 353 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    fucking hell

kill. this. franchise. already.

getting worse than sonic
  • President_Weasel 23 Oct 2010 22:06:41 9,658 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I dunno, it sounds as though they're trying to make a series concentrating on the parts I actually liked about BSG: tension and space battles, rather than pseudo-religious mystical bullshit tosh and the worst fucking ending of any show, ever.
  • northside 23 Oct 2010 23:23:04 637 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    BSG was at it's best when it was about political infighting and space battles. IMHO it turned to shit after season 2, apart from one excellent two-parter in S4 which was about... political infighting.
  • BinaryBob101 21 Dec 2010 22:51:32 24,413 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Some concept art for Blood and Chrome here:

http://blastr.com/2010/12/-concept-art-from-battles1s.php#4

A general WTF, but an even bigger WTFF at the "Cython"!

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• PearOfAnguish 21 Dec 2010 23:03:43 7,498 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah there's some weird stuff there. That beefy Cylon looks more advanced than the Cylons in new BSG.
  • Flightrisker 21 Dec 2010 23:08:52 18,138 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Those images really don't tally with the idea of the Cylons during the war. Looks like it'll be Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Retcon more than anything.
  • Deleted user 27 January 2011 12:06:35
    Seeing reports that Luke Pasqualino, from fucking E4s Skins, is being cast as Adama in this. He is about as far removed in my mind as it gets from what I imagine a young Adama to be like. He looks nothing like Olmos, has a different skin colour, and is hardly an acting heavyweight given from what I saw when my missus tortured me with Skins viewings.

He must have given the audition of the century to land this, and I hope it works out, I am still hoping this show is good, but it is strange, especially considering how good Nico Cortez was in Razor. Weird.
  • nickthegun 27 Jan 2011 12:25:07 61,305 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Caprica sapped any enthusiasm I had for this.

Plus the fact that its a prequel and most of the mythology was adequately explained in the original series.

I give it 8 eps.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• superflyninja 27 Jan 2011 12:53:30 477 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fcuking prequels. Honestly I cant think of anybody that gets excited about prequels.I cant think of any good prequel.(batman begins doesn't count,its a reboot).Its gotta just be writers being lazy/unimaginative. There was talk of the matrix films being sequels as well.fcuk right off. Lucas proved that prequels dont work with episodes 1-3. Those films shat all over star wars and made it iron clad that prequels are a bad idea.

Put away those firey biscuits

• Deleted user 27 January 2011 12:56:41
    Yeah prequels are a bit gashbag.
  • CosmicFuzz 27 Jan 2011 12:58:00 25,624 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Prequels suck. Piling them on is even worse. Either move forward or leave it alone.

Tbh, I can't be bothered with BSG anymore, I think I'm done with it all. Too much crap clouding the good stuff.

Come listen to us discuss the Playstation Experience in Episode 11 of Open Source. zoolophage writes in!

• mcmonkeyplc 27 Jan 2011 12:59:14 39,567 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Enterprise was awesome!

Not.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Deleted user 27 January 2011 13:03:19
    The war ends because 5 cylons from a different world come and tell these cylons to pack it in, you naughty boys. I wouldn't mind seeing Saul Tigh and The Chief again, but the other 3 can fuck off, especially Anders the rubbish cunt. This might be good as a two hour movie, but I don't know about a full series, with some dude out of skins, who most of the time on that show was just a gormless looking pretty boy.

PLEASE DONT BE SHIT
  • iokthemonkey 27 Jan 2011 13:09:41 4,664 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I would imagine (or hope!) Sy-Fy learned their lesson with Caprica and will make this a bit more shooty pew-pew rather than focusing on Jesusy emowank.

http://that-figures.blogspot.com/

• BinaryBob101 27 Jan 2011 17:09:33 24,413 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I want to see the bloody beginning of the war, not the frakking end.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• Flightrisker 8 Mar 2012 22:57:29 18,138 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Trailer http://vimeo.com/m/33227129
  • bad09 9 Mar 2012 09:47:34 6,255 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ooooh a new series I had no idea! Sounds good even if that trailer looks well fake :)

Missed out on Caprica as what I did see looked absolute pap but well up for more toaster smashing especially as I'm currently re-watching the awesomeness of Battlestar.
  • AcidSnake 9 Mar 2012 09:50:55 7,297 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I thought they had cancelled this after Caprica went under?

When's it due to start?

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• nickthegun 9 Mar 2012 09:56:43 61,305 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    iokthemonkey wrote:
    I would imagine (or hope!) Sy-Fy learned their lesson with Caprica and will make this a bit more shooty pew-pew rather than focusing on Jesusy emowank.
    I think you, and a lot of people, are probably mis-remembering how much action is in BSG. The action that was there was undoubtedly excellent, but it could go several episodes where absolutely fuck all happened except jesusy emowank.

• disusedgenius 9 Mar 2012 10:04:15 5,614 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is that an actual trailer, or a fan-made one? It's 3 months old, not from an official company and google doesn't offer any other hits. :/
  • bad09 9 Mar 2012 10:05:10 6,255 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    AcidSnake wrote:
    I thought they had cancelled this after Caprica went under?

When's it due to start?
    From what I read just now it doesn't sound good. It started filming last February but in August AOL reported SyFy were apparently not happy and were thinking of turning back into it's original idea of a web series :(

However November last year a site called "Airlock Alpha" talked to an FX guy and all that is supposedly done though so it is still coming from the looks of it. As to when it hits however is unknown but people seem to be looking at later this year or 2013.

It's seems the is also a movie possibly coming directed by Brian Singer :eek:
  • nickthegun 9 Mar 2012 10:08:39 61,305 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    disusedgenius wrote:
    Is that an actual trailer, or a fan-made one? It's 3 months old, not from an official company and google doesn't offer any other hits. :/
    With the added bonus of them not removing the SYFY HD watermark from the BSG footage.

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Previous