Opinions on Battlestar Galactica, please Page 33

• Page

of 38 First / Last

• nickthegun 18 Nov 2011 10:33:05 60,493 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They probably realised that no one will actually watch it.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• AcidSnake 18 Nov 2011 10:37:40 7,285 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's not too bad it's dead...It had a great run...Still not happy with the ending, but what're you gonna do?

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Popzeus 23 Jan 2012 12:47:31 8,362 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Don't want to alarm you, but... well...

...Look familiar?

Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

• mikew1985 23 Jan 2012 12:50:43 12,890 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    :o

Ok, we now have real legitimate cause and reason to nuke France out of existence.
  • AcidSnake 23 Jan 2012 12:58:57 7,285 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    By your command...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Lexx87 23 Jan 2012 13:38:13 20,863 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Flightrisker wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    espibara wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Was re-watching some of this the other day on Sky. It really has dated alarmingly quickly imo.
    I recently got the blu-ray box set after not wtaching it for 18 months and i was blown away actually by how good it looked.

The only gripe I have with galactica is the cutting and pasting of of the CGI scenes of the same shots all the time.
    It's not so much the visuals as the whole approach really. Dunno, was all somehow cheesier than I remembered.
    Just started rewatching t all on bluray and was coming in here to remark on how well it's dated :) Each to their own I guess. If anything the averageness of tv shows these days makes it seem even better than I remembered. What I'd give for a proper show like this nowadays with even half of the brilliantly written and acted characters Battlestar had.

I think a lot of the problem now is with shows having to get right to the point straight away. While BSG starts fast in terms of story they do gradually build up the characters in a way that really pays off. Not sure if they'd get away with that now in this cancelling-happy time. Lost also wouldn't have gotten past a season.

Anyway, Battlestar, I think I was too harsh on it towards the end. It tried it's best to tie everything together and while some of it got a bit messy over all it was a fantastic show. Can't wait for the pegasus parts.
    Really enjoying this myself re-watching on blu-ray again, it's top stuff. The commentries are really quite dull though, which is a shame, but i'm loving it all over again. The 'complete' set comes with The Plan, which i've not seen, but i'm ready for it to be rubbish.

Speak the truth hussy!

• AcidSnake 23 Jan 2012 13:46:37 7,285 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Lexx:
    It's rubbish, though not overly so...It scores some points for the soundtrack at the very beginning of it...

• nickthegun 23 Jan 2012 13:52:22 60,493 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was going to say 'the plan is pretty good' but realised that I couldnt remember anything about it other than its a series of slightly awkward scenes that we have seen before, but this time with a cylon awkwardly inserted into them.

Edited by nickthegun at 13:52:44 23-01-2012

• AcidSnake 23 Jan 2012 14:00:40 7,285 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It was mostly a way to fix some plotholes, though it relied too heavily on old footage and didn't have a very cohesive central story...

• BinaryBob101 23 Jan 2012 15:05:03 23,551 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, utter bobbins.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• fergal_oc 30 Jan 2012 09:49:55 2,764 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I missed the original airing of BSG, didn't give it a moments notice and I'm glad too. Sister bought me the mini series for chrimble and I forced the missus to watch it with me and we both really enjoyed it.

Now I've got the lovely blu-ray boxset in the house and she's asking me to put it on, this would never have happened 7yrs ago and I get to watch it all at my own leisure. Occasionally ignorance really is bliss.
  • Red-Moose 10 Feb 2012 11:19:14 5,346 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just finished watching this again over the past few weeks and it really is a great series; one of the best ever EVAR perhaps. Series 4 doesn't seem as slow as the first time, and makes a lot of sense now. They tie the characters together well and complete the story of each so well that it is worthy of a lot pf praise.

Late season 4 spoiler so really don't read this even if you are tempted.

The coup with Felix after the alliance with the Cylons is probably my favourite plot; it's incredibly well written. One episode in the little collection of it is super. I think it's Blood on the Scales, from second half of season 4.

Edited by Red-Moose at 11:22:41 10-02-2012
  • AcidSnake 10 Feb 2012 11:36:00 7,285 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Red-Moose:
    Two of my favourite episodes right there!
    That final walk with the crew following Adama is immensely satisfying...

• Deleted user 28 June 2012 23:24:30
    Never seen this before and I'm 5eps in so far. While I'm enjoying it I do hope it starts to pick up.

The blonde cylon is gorgeous which is a bonus.
  • Jono62 28 Jun 2012 23:31:48 14,199 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Keep at it. It's a great series.
  • Deleted user 28 June 2012 23:35:05
    I'll definitely stick with it, wouldn't want to waste this bluray boxset.

It definitely has potential to be something special from what I've seen so far.
  • CosmicFuzz 29 Jun 2012 07:15:30 24,903 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Stop after season 2.

Looking for a new video game podcast? Try ours! (And give us a rating on iTunes!) :)

• Trafford 29 Jun 2012 08:04:03 5,879 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That would make a good ending.
  • Lexx87 29 Jun 2012 08:23:33 20,863 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dont stop after season 2. The whole thing is really quite excellent. Just really really good characters.

Speak the truth hussy!

• chopsen 29 Jun 2012 08:42:29 16,126 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Stop after season 2.
    Worst advice ever.
  • AcidSnake 29 Jun 2012 08:54:10 7,285 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is one of the better series I've seen in the last few years, it might get bogged down in some points but then quickly finds a way to redeem itself...

At the start of the first series it's still quite episodic but soon a larger plot begins to emerge and after that you're hooked...

• beastmaster 29 Jun 2012 08:56:20 11,616 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's superb. One of the best TV series I've ever seen. I'm tempted to get them all in a BR box-set if they do one.

Not watched any of the spin offs though. I hear they are a bit pants. Is that the case? Caprica worth a watch?

Edited by beastmaster at 08:56:38 29-06-2012

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• nickthegun 29 Jun 2012 09:02:20 60,493 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No. Its terrible.

• Deleted user 29 June 2012 09:05:42
    AcidSnake wrote:
    At the start of the first series it's still quite episodic but soon a larger plot begins to emerge and after that you're hooked...
    That's what I've been waiting for, good to know.
  • PearOfAnguish 29 Jun 2012 09:09:31 7,378 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Caprica isn't terrible, it's just not the same as BSG. If you can get past the fact it's not full of spaceships and gun battles it's a great little series. First few episodes are a little slow but it soon picks up. Don't expect loads of stuff relating to BSG though, the bits that are there are creepy but it got cancelled before they could ever do the cameos which were planned.

As for BSG, Razor is great and The Plan is not so great.

Edited by PearOfAnguish at 09:11:12 29-06-2012
  • Razz 29 Jun 2012 09:11:12 61,395 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Stop after season 2.
    This.

I muddled through season 3 and gave up in Season 4. Utter, utter, shite.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• nickthegun 29 Jun 2012 09:13:51 60,493 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Capricas problem was that it didnt have enough material for a full season so, like a lof of american shows, its padded full of crap to take it up to 20 odd episodes.

The core story was pretty good but almost every B-plot was fist chewingly horrible.

• AcidSnake 29 Jun 2012 09:27:42 7,285 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Caprica focused too much on that damn religious nut story...You have the material to make a story about killer robots rebelling against their masters and you go with schisms in a new church and wandering through the matrix?

@Razz:
    Where did you give up in season 4? It has a few slower points but damn if it doesn't deliver some of the finest episodes after that...

• Page

of 38 First / Last