The moment you realised the Simpsons is now terrible

  • Page

    of 37 First / Last

    Previous
  • Deleted user 12 October 2010 14:43:54
    For me it was when they made a video for that god awful Ke$ha song.

    I already knew the show had gone massively downhill, but seeing that made me realise that its writers have completely lost it.

    That Banksy 'couch gag' is completely hypocritical too. If the Simpsons execs are disgusted enough to make that bleak statement, why do they keep working on it? (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11510513 )
  • nickthegun 12 Oct 2010 14:45:32 63,927 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Never because it isnt.
  • Dirtbox 12 Oct 2010 14:46:06 81,318 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Just about when it was on the Tracey Ulman Show.
  • Deleted user 12 October 2010 14:47:41
    nickthegun wrote:
    Never because it isnt.

    So you enjoyed the most recent season? Found it funny even?

    /backs away slowly
  • M83J01P97 12 Oct 2010 14:47:53 6,825 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    When David X. Cohen stopped working for the writing team.
  • localnotail 12 Oct 2010 14:47:58 23,084 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sunday, Cruddy Sunday, 12th episode of The Simpsons' 10th season. Superbowl one. That's 11 years away now. Where does the time go?
  • oceanmotion 12 Oct 2010 14:51:23 16,386 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Dunno, don't watch it religiously. I do enjoy the Halloween ones.
  • thelzdking 12 Oct 2010 14:51:40 4,664 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I wouldn't say that it's shit, but around a decade ago I realised it was lacklustre and increasingly tired. The episode when they went to Japan was one I remember watching and thinking "this isn't like a Simpsons episode."
  • heyyo 12 Oct 2010 14:52:12 14,364 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    When they made an episode about the iPod ...calling it mypod myapple something shit like that.
  • Jono62 12 Oct 2010 14:52:43 14,907 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    M83J01P97 wrote:
    When David X. Cohen stopped working for the writing team.

    That would have been around 98/99.

    It was when Homer went from being idiotic to just an idiot.
  • thelzdking 12 Oct 2010 14:54:24 4,664 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    M83J01P97 wrote:
    When David X. Cohen stopped working for the writing team.

    That would have been around 98/99.

    It was when Homer went from being idiotic to just an idiot.
    Yeah, he became a caricature rather than a character at some point around then.
  • nickthegun 12 Oct 2010 14:54:54 63,927 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kitsuneyo wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    Never because it isnt.

    So you enjoyed the most recent season? Found it funny even?

    /backs away slowly

    Yeah.

    Yes its not as good as it used to be blah blah blah, but even on its worst day the simpsons is better than most other things on TV. Its not appointment TV anymore but I do enjoy it when I watch it.

    To say its 'terrible' is, frankly, stupid.
  • RyanDS 12 Oct 2010 14:56:52 10,617 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    thelzdking wrote:
    Jono62 wrote:
    M83J01P97 wrote:
    When David X. Cohen stopped working for the writing team.

    That would have been around 98/99.

    It was when Homer went from being idiotic to just an idiot.
    Yeah, he became a caricature rather than a character at some point around then.

    Around then for me as well.

    I have caught a few of the more recent episodes and there really is no spark anymore.
  • Deleted user 12 October 2010 14:57:42
    nickthegun wrote:
    To say its 'terrible' is, frankly, stupid.

    I think most of the new episodes are terrible, especially in comparison to its heyday when it hardly ever failed to make me laugh and surprise me. What's stupid about that?
  • kinky_mong 12 Oct 2010 15:00:25 11,555 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It stopped being "the best show on TV" somewhere around the 11th season when the number of pointless celebrity cameos and "The Simpsons are going to *insert Country/American State here*!!!" episodes became more common, but there were still great episodes occasionally past this point.

    Probably should have been retired gracefully at least 5 years ago though.
  • nickthegun 12 Oct 2010 15:02:10 63,927 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Smuggo wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    Yes its not as good as it used to be blah blah blah, but even on its worst day the simpsons is better than most other things on TV. Its not appointment TV anymore but I do enjoy it when I watch it.

    To say its 'terrible' is, frankly, stupid.

    I'd actually say it's terrible to the point that makes me cringe. It's not just that it has fallen from grace, it's really bad now, to the point I'd rather watch a fucking soap opera or any other shit.

    Yeah but you have the worst taste of almost anybody in existence.
  • Deleted user 12 October 2010 15:02:12
    kinky_mong wrote:
    It stopped being "the best show on TV" somewhere around the 11th season when the number of pointless celebrity cameos and "The Simpsons are going to *insert Country/American State here*!!!" episodes became more common, but there were still great episodes occasionally past this point.

    Probably should have been retired gracefully at least 5 years ago though.

    That sums up how I feel about it pretty well.
  • nickthegun 12 Oct 2010 15:03:00 63,927 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kitsuneyo wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    To say its 'terrible' is, frankly, stupid.

    I think most of the new episodes are terrible, especially in comparison to its heyday when it hardly ever failed to make me laugh and surprise me. What's stupid about that?

    Because they clearly are not 'terrible'.
  • Deleted user 12 October 2010 15:03:38
    When they started making the adventures stupidly crazy and made Homer too stupid.
  • DFawkes 12 Oct 2010 15:04:21 25,833 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Never because it isn't.

    This, pretty much. It's a shame other people aren't enjoying the new ones as much as I am, but as long as I'm enjoying the shows I watch I'm happy.
  • ecu 12 Oct 2010 15:04:38 77,793 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The new episode was pretty good.
  • Deleted user 12 October 2010 15:07:18
    Well if you still enjoy it, you're welcome to it :)
  • ecu 12 Oct 2010 15:07:39 77,793 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Current Simpsons is in no way terrible, that's just a ridiculous overreaction.
  • nickthegun 12 Oct 2010 15:07:57 63,927 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Simpsons is hardly flavour of the month
  • VandelayIndustries 12 Oct 2010 15:08:03 1,523 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I lost interest around the time that Futurama started.

    Tomacco indeed :(
  • andywilkie35 12 Oct 2010 15:09:26 5,338 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Still a massive fan of the Simpsons, but some episodes are a bit meh, for example:

    "ITS NSYNC!"
    "What are you guys doing in Springfield?"

    "ITS TONY HAWK!"
    "What are you doing in Springfield?"

    When they don't shoehorn celebs in, its usually great still.
  • Deleted user 12 October 2010 15:10:24
    Ahh Vandelay Industries... now Seinfeld, there was a series that called time at the right moment :)

    Tomacco episode was genius compared to recent efforts though.
  • Page

    of 37 First / Last

    Previous
Log in or register to reply