of 71 First / Last

• L_Franko Moderator 6 Mar 2013 16:00:20 9,694 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Side drains are the devil.
  • agparrot 6 Mar 2013 16:22:32 11,903 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oh, there appear to be multiple ways of earning Extra Ball in the same Ball, too. You get a guaranteed Force lock hole Extra ball light if you can complete the Jedi Training - FPS laser deflection with light sabre!

I also got Extra Ball as a random reward from the EMPIRE reward for Chewbacca, although on another occasion his reward was to give the bonus-total score as if the ball had drained (confused me for a minute!), and another time it was just a cash-in total of 3.xm.

There was a third way I've already forgotten.

Might try and read the table rules later - I'm usually just impatient to get playing!
  • agparrot 7 Mar 2013 11:35:50 11,903 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    *Cough*

Think of a number, let's say L_Franko's Empire Strikes Back score of 61 million.

Add 60 million to it.

Ohhhh Yeahhhh.
  • L_Franko Moderator 7 Mar 2013 11:48:31 9,694 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    What! That is just not acceptable. Good score though.

Didn't manage to get on last night so I am hoping to do some damage tonight. Not feeling very optimistic after a score like that though.
  • muttler 7 Mar 2013 12:25:42 3,937 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I will be getting the Star Wars tables this weekend, looking forward to having a crack at some of these scores.

I see that no one has come close to my PvZ score, more people need to get that table it's one of the best ones!
  • agparrot 7 Mar 2013 12:42:20 11,903 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hmm, I do have a few points rattling around, might be tempted by PvZ - another of the tables that passed me by.

My 121m on ESB is good, but it could've been so much better. I had 109m of those points on ball one. It was extended by just one extra ball. I was helped one of the EMPIRE bonuses for Chewbacca, which basically gives you your ball-out bonus score, without taking away your bonus multiplier or the scores themselves. At that time, I had a x9 multiplier - multipliers are raised by lighting horizontal lines of the SKYWALKER lights in the top three lane-thingies - and this x9 multiplier meant I made about 15m from my midgame bonus payment, and another 24m or thereabouts by the time the ball finally drained.

That's not to say that the multipliers are the priority thing you should chase, but they're definitely something to try and remember to light up those letters each time the ball goes round the top.

I just love the missions really - the TIE shooting one is great fun, the Scene ones are cool, although I still have no idea how to get trooper hits at the start of Scene 2, and even trying to combo-build the JEDI and SITH multiballs is pretty cool.

The lightsabre minigame, where you deflect bolts on the Falcon, has three controls to it, too. Left and Right bumpers deflect shots where the drone is left or right, but in the middle you have to press the Launch button - A for me on 360, to deflect bolts fired from the centre. Took me ages to figure this out, because I am a dummy. A dummy with 121m points, but still...
  • L_Franko Moderator 7 Mar 2013 12:50:28 9,694 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I do like the PvZ table, keep forgetting I have it so shall try and put some more time into it.

I also did not know that the A button was needed for the jedi training thing. That should save me shouting at the tv next time I get to it.
  • agparrot 7 Mar 2013 13:05:21 11,903 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Jedi Training is the fastest way to an Extra Ball, and it's usually the thing I try and work on first - loop the left ramp to open the STAR and WARS bumpers next to the VADER hole, then I personally use the FORCE lock on the right, as when it drops the ball, just don't press the miniflipper used for TIES and it aims straight at this small TRAINING loop in the middle before dropping safely to the bumpers. Trying to hit training straight on can lead to some awkward straight-down-the-middle drains.
  • L_Franko Moderator 7 Mar 2013 15:17:47 9,694 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've posted this before but thought I'd post it again as it can be quite helpful for anyone struggling to understand everything on all the tables.

Star Wars tables are not on there yet but for everything else it is quite helpful and is also good for passing a bit of time on a boring work afternoon.

Pinball FX2 tables explained.
  • Red_Bool 10 Mar 2013 00:13:53 1,173 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Took the top spot on Boba Fett just now: 82m :D

Completing jobs and then delivering your quarry to the Slave-I feels really satisfying when you can pull it off :)

Edited by Red_Bool at 00:14:19 10-03-2013
  • Deleted user 10 March 2013 10:39:55
    I downloaded the trials for the Star Wars tables yesterday.

Is it just me or is Boba Fett one ugly table?? I thought it looked terrible! (and Clone Wars not much better).
  • Red_Bool 10 Mar 2013 11:12:59 1,173 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Alipan - it's just you ;) Personally I have no problem with both, they fit the theme quite well imho.
  • ED209 10 Mar 2013 11:36:17 505 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    I've posted this before but thought I'd post it again as it can be quite helpful for anyone struggling to understand everything on all the tables.

Star Wars tables are not on there yet but for everything else it is quite helpful and is also good for
    Pinball FX2 tables explained.
    Wow!It's like you can see into my soul. Just started playing this last night now i have a tv big enough to do it justice. No clue about anything and remember thinking 'wouldn't even know where to begin to find out about this stuff' (it's like I had a mental blockage regarding the existence of the internet). That page is perfect!

By the way, what view would you consider most similar to pinball dreams? Can't seem to find one that gives a clear view of the features and lights.

Samantha Janus?

• L_Franko Moderator 11 Mar 2013 12:55:14 9,694 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Red_Bool wrote:
    Took the top spot on Boba Fett just now: 82m :D

Completing jobs and then delivering your quarry to the Slave-I feels really satisfying when you can pull it off :)
    Damn you! I spent most of my evening last night trying to beat your score and I didn't get close to it. Bloody table.
    What the hell is the point of the top left flipper? I can't find a use for it at all, unless knocking the ball into the right drain is what your after.
  • L_Franko Moderator 11 Mar 2013 12:57:50 9,694 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ED209 wrote:

By the way, what view would you consider most similar to pinball dreams? Can't seem to find one that gives a clear view of the features and lights.
    I've never played pinball dreams so couldn't comment on that but the view I use on all tables for FX2 is 1W.
    I tried changing it up with the other views the other day and can't get on with them at all.
  • Red_Bool 11 Mar 2013 19:13:39 1,173 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Re: the top left flipper on Boba Fett: I believe there's one or two targets on the right that you can only hit with that flipper. Of course the change is big that you'll drain the bloody ball...

Re: views, I've tried a couple and stuck with view 3.

It's the magic number. Oh yes it is, it's the magic number
    /de la soul :D
  • Lukree 11 Mar 2013 19:42:52 158 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Boba Fett 53,524,610 and Spider-Man 42,603,320 seem to be my best scores after few days!
  • agparrot 11 Mar 2013 20:25:52 11,903 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Haven't had much of a chance to revisit any of the SW tables but I am starting to think my ESB score might have been a freak occurrence.

I miss the old View 4, from the first FX/2 tables, it means I've never been quite as comfortable with any of the other views, although lately I've been going between V3 and V7, a new one which is fixed in position but tracks the ball up and down the table, like your eyes would at a Pinball table. Kinda.
  • Lukree 11 Mar 2013 20:39:31 158 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I have stuck to use 6, somehow I feel dizzy when the view follows the ball. And I feel that I cannot see where the ball will be heading when coming down.
  • L_Franko Moderator 12 Mar 2013 10:00:18 9,694 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm starting to get cheesed off with the Boba Fett table. I am getting into the 40 mills every time pretty much now but I just can't get it passed my current best score. I may have to give it a rest for a bit and work on my Plants vs Zombies and ESB scores.

Edited by L_Franko at 10:00:55 12-03-2013
  • Bawsy74 12 Mar 2013 12:29:57 170 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I have given up on buying the tables. They release so many. I have so many. No more.
  • Trowel 12 Mar 2013 22:19:17 17,425 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    I'm starting to get cheesed off with the Boba Fett table. I am getting into the 40 mills every time pretty much now but I just can't get it passed my current best score. I may have to give it a rest for a bit and work on my Plants vs Zombies and ESB scores.
    You can pass 40m just by completing one bounty and locking the ball - what's your strategy?
  • L_Franko Moderator 20 Mar 2013 13:22:26 9,694 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Damn you Bool! Just when I though I could leave the Fett's table alone for a bit I see your message saying you have beaten me again.

Miss Croft has my attention at the moment but once I'm done with her I'll be back to some Star Wars pinball.

On another note, I got 129 mill on the Plants vs Zombies table the other day. It is a rather entertaining table once you've got the idea of what to do.
  • L_Franko Moderator 20 Mar 2013 13:25:55 9,694 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Trowel wrote:

You can pass 40m just by completing one bounty and locking the ball - what's your strategy?
    I think I have this table down now but my strategy is to go for the left and right lanes to advance Slave1 though space at first then start thinking about the main missions.
  • Red_Bool 21 Mar 2013 10:17:55 1,173 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    Damn you Bool! Just when I though I could leave the Fett's table alone for a bit I see your message saying you have beaten me again.

Miss Croft has my attention at the moment but once I'm done with her I'll be back to some Star Wars pinball.

On another note, I got 129 mill on the Plants vs Zombies table the other day. It is a rather entertaining table once you've got the idea of what to do.
    :D
    I could have gotten a higher score, but I lost my 3rd ball in a really stupid way (I always get distracted by that right top corner window saying "You've (almost) beaten L_Franko"). Managed to finish two bounty assignments to get to that score - still not sure what the advancing through space does though.

Looking forward to your message saying you've beaten my score (again...) :)
  • L_Franko Moderator 21 Mar 2013 10:59:49 9,694 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Had a quick go last night but got nowhere. Soon.

The advancing through space thing can be quite handy. For every 4 or 5 orbits you get asked to choose a destination and the dotmatrix will display what reward you will get for hitting one of the two orbit lanes. The first one is, for example, a quick multiball for the left lane or a Bounty for the right lane. Once you have chosen do it all over again and the rewards will increase to things like points rewards (5 million is the most I've gotten so far) to having perks like keeping the side ball saves on for longer.
  • Red_Bool 29 Mar 2013 09:14:12 1,173 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I got the "complete target practice" achievement on Clone Wars :D (but still not even close to Franko's score..) I did briefly get to 2nd place on Empire, but Franko overtook me already...
  • Rusty_M 29 Mar 2013 10:53:21 4,565 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I just replaced my xbox yesterday, after my previous one died last year. My god there are a fair few tables I missed. I had exactly enough MS points for a single table, so bought the Marvel Civil War one. It seems very tough.

Are the more recent marvel tables and the star wars ones any good?

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• Red_Bool 29 Mar 2013 11:21:44 1,173 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I personally am loving the star wars ones (as you might have noticed from my previous posts ;)) The last marvel pack is also pretty good, but I didn't put that much time into them yet. Other personal favourites are Captain America, Mars and Epic Quest....there's just too many tables to choose from! :D
  • Rusty_M 29 Mar 2013 19:28:50 4,565 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I love the first Marvel pack, and I have Captain America, Fantastic Four and Mars. I suppose it looks like I'll need to find some MS points soon :)

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• Page

of 71 First / Last