Pinball FX 2 Page 66

• Page

of 71 First / Last

• Deleted user 6 October 2012 15:01:33
    Iron Man is one of the toughest tables. More than any other table you need to keep the kickbacks activated at all times. As soon as you lose one concentrate only on lighting it again.

In recent times there has been a 4 pack of tables about every six months I guess and maybe one or two individual tables inbetween.
  • Rusty_M 6 Oct 2012 15:23:37 4,349 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ah, that must be why I'm good. I find the kickbacks stupidly easy to activate on that table.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• riz23 6 Oct 2012 15:58:07 1,046 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Vice.Destroyer wrote:
    /builds Alipan voodoo doll. Putting particular attention to push pins in left hand, right hand and left testicle. Just for fun.
    Alipan wrote:
    You do voodoo?

Edited by riz23 at 15:59:25 06-10-2012
  • Shikasama 10 Oct 2012 08:24:57 6,276 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm good to add some more people from this thread for scores. it's about time I stopped chain playing Borderlands 2 anyway.
  • Rusty_M 10 Oct 2012 12:32:28 4,349 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm Rusty M on live.

Could do with some scores to aspire to

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• muttler 10 Oct 2012 13:26:23 3,771 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm richardtron on xbl, need my friends to get the PvZ table, and have a go at my highscore! I got a beastly score on Excalibur last week, almost beat agparrot's score, will have another go soon!
  • agparrot 11 Oct 2012 10:45:08 11,903 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    muttler wrote:
    I'm richardtron on xbl, need my friends to get the PvZ table, and have a go at my highscore! I got a beastly score on Excalibur last week, almost beat agparrot's score, will have another go soon!
    I really want to play Excalibur again now - I can't remember who has a better score than me, but it's probably glo, and also souvlaki, although in all seriousness my Friends list is in yet another state of flux, so apologies to anyone I boot off. It genuinely isn't because of your FX/2 scores.

Honest.

I don't know why I didn't download PvZ, I was all set to queue it up and have a go at it. The trouble now is that I'm going to bury my head in XCom for months, so short of them coming up with an XCOM table (FX/2 style reworked Earth Defence, anyone?) I'm not going to be in contention for anything, even though I should be chasing those darned scores on Avengers and Epic Quest Tables.

I love Ironman, me. I dread to think what Alipan's score is, but my 49 million is probably the score of which I am most proud. Damn that Vortex whip thing though, it stopped me completing all the missions and getting to you-know-who.
  • souvlaki 11 Oct 2012 11:26:44 707 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I haven't played this for ages on the XBox as I now have them for Vita\PS3 and Android tablet. I am preferring Pinball Arcade currently however. The games don't last as long and suit my lifestyle better.
  • muttler 13 Oct 2012 09:02:42 3,771 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Zen Studios are putting a trailer for their next table on their YouTube channel (zenstudiosgames) sometime today.
  • Trowel 13 Oct 2012 18:13:09 16,849 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    muttler wrote:
    Zen Studios are putting a trailer for their next table on their YouTube channel (zenstudiosgames) sometime today.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS0OQhmeskk

Marvel Pinball Civil War

Iron Man and Captain America face off in dramatic fashion in the latest collaboration between pinball masters' Zen Studios and entertainment powerhouse Marvel Entertainment. Based on the 2006 six part comic mini-series Civil War, players must choose to join Iron Man in support of the Superhuman Registration Act, or join Captain America in the fight against it.
    Looks Ironman-y, with plenty of steep ramps and speed.

But 5 fucking flippers??...
  • Siobheon 13 Oct 2012 19:29:49 70 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Looks good. I'll probably buy that. Although i still have a marvel foursome to go i think.
  • Shikasama 14 Oct 2012 11:34:14 6,276 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hugely looking forward to that.
  • L_Franko Moderator 22 Oct 2012 16:49:06 9,686 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I have some MS points burning a hole in my account and I just remembered that I haven't got Plants vs Zombies table yet, is it worth spending points on?
    Also, do any of you fine chaps know when the Civil War table due?
  • muttler 22 Oct 2012 17:29:48 3,771 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Plants vs Zombies is definitely worth it, really good fun, lots of challenges and games, easy to score highly, looks and sounds really cool.
  • Shikasama 23 Oct 2012 10:53:28 6,276 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    I have some MS points burning a hole in my account and I just remembered that I haven't got Plants vs Zombies table yet, is it worth spending points on?
    Also, do any of you fine chaps know when the Civil War table due?
    Probably best to forget about Cw until it is released. The constant delays for the Avengers packed did my head in.
  • Vice.Destroyer 24 Oct 2012 00:10:12 5,791 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This is the reason that Alipan is not being reeled in by me, on all the various tables that he is leading me on.

Yes, really. Stop laughing, you bastards.
  • Deleted user 24 October 2012 08:44:31
    Is that a new addition to the Destroyer household?? Congratulations!

He/she doesnt look very impressed with her dads pinball skills...

I jest...well done you must be very proud.
  • Vice.Destroyer 24 Oct 2012 13:46:45 5,791 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I know. My son doesn't quite understand that he is the presence of greatness at the moment. (Thanks for the congrats. Nathan is 4 weeks old)
  • Deleted user 29 October 2012 09:11:29
    I knew about it before I started playing so it wasnt really a surprise but the Avengers table really does have a nasty bug in it.

For no reason whatsover a sucessful shot up the Black Widow ramp will just randomly drain instead of falling back into play via the lane diverter. That really is stupendously crap. I understand it has been fixed on the PS3 version but a patch is too expensive on XBLA!

Edited by Alipan at 09:12:13 29-10-2012
  • muttler 14 Nov 2012 19:43:58 3,771 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The new Marvel table is out next week.
  • riz23 25 Nov 2012 19:00:35 1,046 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dunno, but I'm not feeling Civil War at all. Feels like a mish mash of table elements from other games. I'll give it a chance but this is the weakest table in some time if you ask me. Also red and blue maxed out!
  • Siobheon 12 Dec 2012 18:15:25 70 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hi, I've 800 points to spend on tables: should i buy the thor pack or the new pack of pfx1 classics?
  • Vice.Destroyer 16 Dec 2012 21:02:47 5,791 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This answer is 4 days late, but in case you still need this answered, why not download the trial tables and test them out? Probably best thing to do.
  • robthehermit 17 Dec 2012 14:29:17 3,830 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So is the Zen Pinball pack any good?

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• agparrot 17 Dec 2012 14:40:17 11,903 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    robthehermit wrote:
    So is the Zen Pinball pack any good?
    The original tables one?

It's ok, but there are several features missing from the old tables that are in the new ones... partly just in the form of how the tables look and feel, but also with stuff like being able to save part-way through a game, or play them as online multiplayer tables (not an essential feature but good for a giggle) which you can't do on the original tables.

I did buy them, but I rarely play them because the opulence of the FX/2 tables is greater in my humble opinion.

Having said that, the standalone DLC Earth Defence and Excalibur tables are excellent.
  • robthehermit 17 Dec 2012 14:44:41 3,830 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Don't know if they're the original tables pack.

A quick google suggests that they're the Zen Pinball tables that were on the PS3.

• agparrot 17 Dec 2012 14:56:21 11,903 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Do you know any of the table names?

If it is Secrets of the Deep, Rome, Biolab and, er, the other one, then it's the new FX/2 tables and they are great.

If it is Speed something, Agent something, Extreme something and er, the other one - something something, then it's the original FX/1 tables, and they are less well done imho ymmv etc.
  • Deleted user 17 December 2012 14:57:31
    The new one is a pack of tables that were released on PS3 some time ago and have now been ported to Xbox.

I havenít played them but the general consensus seems to be that Tesla is very good, Eldorado and Shaman are OK and V12 is mediocre.
  • robthehermit 17 Dec 2012 15:28:40 3,830 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cheers.

• Vice.Destroyer 17 Dec 2012 20:59:46 5,791 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    And for as long as Alipan is busy with a thing called life, I shall lead on the new tables!
  • Page

of 71 First / Last