Pinball FX 2 Page 65

• Page

of 72 First / Last

• agparrot 6 Sep 2012 13:15:27 11,903 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    I had a mate down last weekend and he had his first go of Pinball on my Xbox. He got far clsoer to my scores thna he should have done just by keeping the ball in play rather than going as far as to aim for missions, locks or multipliers.
    This pretty much sums up why I'm currently in love with the Avengers table, I think. It is a real balance of safety vs. score, with the relatively easy-to-trigger multiball modes lulling you into that false sense of security that you can lose one of the balls and everything will still be ok. You have to build up certain stuff to get the most out of the scoring chances, and this does mean that you end up going for shots that risk a drain. You can still score quite highly by just keeping the ball in play, but it does take longer playing it safe unless you fluke something high-scoring.

I suppose this is actually the balance that makes many of the FX/2 tables such fun to play. I just wish I was a bit better at not taking the risks - if I've got an Extra Ball lit and I'm in a multiball, my sense of caution goes out of the window and I can be sure that I'll soon be pulling the plunger again!
  • muttler 15 Sep 2012 08:59:10 4,286 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The Plants vs Zombies table is great!  I put in a 70 mil score last night.
  • Vice.Destroyer 16 Sep 2012 05:26:47 5,942 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have a 90m score on PvZ.
  • muttler 16 Sep 2012 13:14:41 4,286 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I just got 130m :p
  • Deleted user 18 September 2012 14:15:22
    According to Major Nelson the Avengers tables will be half price next week. Never did pick those up so that sounds like the ideal time....

Also half price are the first Marvel Pack and Captain America table.
  • L_Franko Moderator 18 Sep 2012 16:36:15 9,697 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Alipan wrote:
    According to Major Nelson the Avengers tables will be half price next week. Never did pick those up so that sounds like the ideal time....

Looks like I'll be moving down a place on the leaderboard.
  • Deleted user 18 September 2012 16:47:36
    Lol will see.

Ive barely played for a few months. I reckon Im in my autumn gaming years so live in fear of gaming performance plummeting at any time!

Seriously though I checked the leaderboards the other night to see how far Id fallen. My aim starting next week it to get back in the top 50 for superscore.
  • Red_Bool 25 Sep 2012 11:48:55 1,177 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    For those interested: the Avengers Chronicles and Cpt America tables for Pinball FX2 are now half price (400 and 120 points) (at least on xbox.com, not yet on the DOTW page mind)
  • robthehermit 25 Sep 2012 11:52:33 4,320 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'll be grabbing those today. I though as it's Marvel week, they might have chucked in Fantastic Four as well.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• Deleted user 25 September 2012 12:26:14
    On Nelsons blog it says the first Marvel pack will be on sale too but no sign so far.

Anyhow will get the Avengers tables tonight for sure.

I also won a Plants v Zombies table code last night so will redeem that as well - happy days...
  • robthehermit 25 Sep 2012 17:13:49 4,320 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I now have all the packs. Just need a sale on all the individual tables. Make them half price and I'll buy the lot.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• agparrot 25 Sep 2012 17:15:16 11,903 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    400 points I'm not sure you can better spend than the new Avengers tables. I think they're really good.
  • Red_Bool 25 Sep 2012 17:48:37 1,177 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    agparrot wrote:
    400 points I'm not sure you can better spend than the new Avengers tables. I think they're really good.
    Those tables are as good as bought (as soon as I start my 360 tonight). Now to find the time to put in a decent score on them...
  • muttler 25 Sep 2012 19:55:46 4,286 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If anyone wants too add me for highscores to beat please do, especially if you have Plants vs Zombies.  GT: richardtron
  • Siobheon 25 Sep 2012 20:09:05 87 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Red_Bool Thanks for the notice, although the images on xbox.com seem to show the normal tables. Also there are two options, one at 400 and one free. I assume the free are the demos, but it's not obvious.
  • Siobheon 25 Sep 2012 20:10:51 87 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @muttler I'll add you - I've only got 3 pinball fx2 friends and could do with a wider range of scores. Feel free to add MrSiobheon for some distinctly average scores to beat!
  • Red_Bool 25 Sep 2012 22:47:14 1,177 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Siobheon - the avenger tables are "expansions", so they're listed under Pinball FX2. The free ones are indeed the demos.

I had a quick go on each table just now - really good tables from what I've seen so far. Me happy :)
  • Siobheon 25 Sep 2012 22:57:29 87 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Red_Bool wrote:
    @Siobheon - the avenger tables are "expansions", so they're listed under Pinball FX2. The free ones are indeed the demos.

I had a quick go on each table just now - really good tables from what I've seen so far. Me happy :)
    Me too, got Captain America as well. played them all once, they all look great, as you'd expect from zen. That's my spare points spent.
  • Siobheon 30 Sep 2012 13:58:52 87 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Played with them all for a bit now. What a fantastic set of tables. Best 400 points i've spent in a long time. Will be looking out for future sales although if the other 4 packs are as good as this i'd consider them at full price.
  • Doomspoon 30 Sep 2012 15:31:43 2,513 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I wasted a ball on PvZ and thu sacrificed a potentially good score :( I tried the trial and went straight to purchase after the trial was up. Without knowing what was what I seemed to be on ball 2 for around half an hour or so despite losing "ball 2" several times. Presuming it had bugged rather than the fact I must have got several extra balls I just let one go without doing much, then it moved on to ball 3 :( Thus I got a 150m or so on my only go which could have possibly been better, doh.

I really, really should try and post some proper scores again but I keep knackering my thumb and wrist tendons when I do get into it.
  • Deleted user 1 October 2012 12:25:13
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 1 October 2012 12:28:21
    Vice.Destroyer wrote:
    I'm different. I play for high scores. And my poor skills upset me. So when I pull out an awesome score, I do get inordinately happy. But yes, the second that Alipan sees fit to spend some shekels on the new tables, I guess I will be the secondbest player on my friends list for this table.

Im afraid that day has now arrived Mr Destroyer.

Over 1 billion on Hulk last night - 32nd in the world. Not a bad table all in all. Well no better or worse than most of the others anyhow.

Key to a high score is winning the extra balls by lighting the 'Strength' ramp and then hitting the bumpers 200 times per extra ball (5 max).
    Doing that also boosts the multiplier so it win / win.

Havent really played the other Avengers tables yet but will move on to Fear Itself next I think.

Edited by Alipan at 12:28:35 01-10-2012
  • Vice.Destroyer 1 Oct 2012 12:33:49 5,942 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    /builds Alipan voodoo doll. Putting particular attention to push pins in left hand, right hand and left testicle. Just for fun.
  • Deleted user 1 October 2012 12:35:59
    You do voodoo?
  • Vice.Destroyer 1 Oct 2012 12:41:04 5,942 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Clearly not well enough. You shouldn't have been able to type that. :)
  • Doomspoon 1 Oct 2012 19:34:12 2,513 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    He typed that with his feet, they're also the source of his Pinball FX powers.
  • muttler 4 Oct 2012 08:57:59 4,286 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Zen Studios have tweeted that they are announcing the next Marvel table on October 13th at NY Comic Con.
  • Deleted user 4 October 2012 09:50:00
    More Marvel....tis getting a bit much.

Having said that am enjoying the Fear Itself table. A lot to do and a fair old challenge. Im deliberately not reading the guide for it and trying to work it all out for myself.
  • Siobheon 6 Oct 2012 00:04:55 87 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Had a go at ironman tonight. It's ok but I consistently drained when going for the lock. Seemed to bounce down the rhs as well when trying to activate the missions. Got a bit wearing after a while.

Then tried Fear Itself, which I really enjoyed despite being not very good at it. Particularly liked the stone ball challenges.

How often are there new tables?

Edited by Siobheon at 00:05:26 06-10-2012
  • Rusty_M 6 Oct 2012 10:22:02 4,920 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ironman has probably been my favourite table overall. There can be some nasty drains, although if you learn to read them they can be caught. It's probably my best table too. I think I'm about 250th in the world on that one.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.
    http://www.twitch.tv/rusty_the_robot
    http://twitter.com/Rusty_The_Robot

• Page

of 72 First / Last