Pinball FX 2 Page 62

• Page

of 71 First / Last

• Slint1000 2 May 2012 11:03:22 3,074 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    What's your tag Slint? Our scores are probably pretty close!
    My tag's my username handily enough :)

After another go my scores are still pretty crappy, but I somehow managed to get 35mil or so on the X-Men table which is a hell of a lot more than I've got before!

I didn't like that table before but it has grown on me.
  • cianchristopher 2 May 2012 11:31:46 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So, how does this work? Is it a trial game until you buy a table? Can you even get achievements until you spend some points?

I downloaded it the other day, but after a minute or two it told me my time was up. I thought it was "free", no?
  • JonFE 2 May 2012 12:20:51 1,438 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @cianchristopher

You don't pay for the game, you buy the tables. As you have seen, there's a -rather strict- time limit on all trial tables, which supposedly lets you taste the table to see if it "clicks" before you actually buy it.

That said, there was a full table called Paranormal given at some point for free, but I don't know if that is still the case - check it out.
  • Blerk Moderator 2 May 2012 12:27:22 48,225 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Paranormal was only free for Halloween week, you have to pay for it now, sadly. Which is a shame, 'cos it's a good table.
  • Shikasama 2 May 2012 18:16:15 6,633 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Slint1000 wrote:
    Shikasama wrote:
    What's your tag Slint? Our scores are probably pretty close!
    My tag's my username handily enough :)

After another go my scores are still pretty crappy, but I somehow managed to get 35mil or so on the X-Men table which is a hell of a lot more than I've got before!

I didn't like that table before but it has grown on me.
    Sneaky =0

You'll find that with most of the tables I think. As I've played more I can see what makes each table different and fun to play. X-Men is one of my faves too.

Dunno if this counts as a hint (I'm still dogshit) but for the first couple of times on a table I find it easier to play with the sound on. The verbal queues can be useful to tell you if you hit the right thing.
  • Slint1000 3 May 2012 12:01:06 3,074 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You're not that dogshit Shika since you seem to have about five times my score on the Moon Knight table!

Ah well, I've got something to aim for now mind, but at least you haven't got any of those billion-plus scores I've heard that people have been getting on some tables. That might make me cower in terror :eek:
  • richardiox 3 May 2012 12:31:53 5,547 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Any advice chaps?

I had Pinball FX2 on my last 360 - it was the free upgrade from Pinball FX which I purchased a couple of years ago.

Anyway, got a 360 Slim last year and last night red-downloaded Pinball FX, remebered there was a PBFX2 so downloaded that too.

In PBFX2 it wont let me import my PBFX tables, it says they're not found on my console and redirects me to the XBL marketplace to download the original. On the marketplace screen it doesnt recognise I have already paid for and downloaded the original and is trying to charge me 800points.

Long story short - want to play my PBFX tables in the PBFX2 engine and getting jipped - anyone else had this problem?
  • agparrot 3 May 2012 12:41:01 11,903 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hmm, is it possible richardiox that the tables are still linked to the old console, and that you need to do the content transfer thing to get them attributed to the new console?

I can't think of any other reason why it thinks you don't have them, and to be honest I would have thought that you redownloading FX, and then downloading FX2, would have solved this problem anyway.

In short: I don't know.
  • muttler 3 May 2012 12:51:33 3,943 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Did you buy the tables on the same profile?
  • richardiox 3 May 2012 16:27:13 5,547 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah brought them on the same profile and did all my DRM transfer stuff en masse when I got my slim. Fuck it - guess I'll just have to play PBFX tables in that game engine and use PBFX2 for new tables.
  • Shikasama 3 May 2012 18:36:55 6,633 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    To: Slint1000

Topic: Ghost Rider Table

• Slint1000 4 May 2012 09:50:54 3,074 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Shikasama

Them's fighting words right there!

I'll beat your score someday even if that is the day there are flying pigs over a frozen hell :D
  • Shikasama 4 May 2012 13:06:01 6,633 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    For the Ghost Rider table the trick seems to be getting the multiballs and just going mental. It's fairly easy to send the balls up the left ramp and trap them using that damned soul flipper.

If you can get 2 balls locked in there then released you can get some decent points. I proper panic with most multiballs though - the Moon Knight one is particularly wicked.

Also, buy the other Marvel tables!
  • Deleted user 8 May 2012 14:58:57
    So, there is (another) new pack of Marvel tables due out sometime before the end of the month.

Was just curious as to whether people are a) aware and b) interested?

Ill most likely pick them up at launch but feel a bit non-plussed about it to be honest.

I already have what a dozen Marvel tables already , would have preferred something a bit different this time.
  • agparrot 8 May 2012 15:28:34 11,903 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I do vaguely remember the new tables being discussed, and them relating to all the Avengers-y stuff that's going around at the moment.

I'll probably pick them up too... despite the fact that they have Marvel branding, there are some great tables in the eight that already exist, so another four won't do any harm.

Having said that, I haven't really played very much of the virtue and vengeance stuff, so what I *should* do is play more of that before I consider more tables.

Indubitably evilashchris will review it, and this will tip me over the edge into buying it, though.
  • Deleted user 8 May 2012 15:35:43
    Yeah they are Avengers, Hulk and a couple of others I forget now.

I had a bit of a grumble on the Zen forums about too many Marvel tables. It soon became apparent that there are a lot of Marvel fans about and they have a pretty large appetite for all things Marvel related.

Personally I prefer the original Zen designs but 4 more Marvel tables will have to do for now I spose...
  • L_Franko Moderator 8 May 2012 15:42:37 9,694 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've not got a new table for ages. I think the last one I got was Captain America.
    I've probably missed out on loads of tables at this point. Anything worth a purchase in the newer tables?
  • agparrot 8 May 2012 15:50:44 11,903 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I completely forgot about Captain America, and the Fantastic Four, and all those individual ones, in my count.

Haha, sounds like Alipan poked a bear with his Marvel-bashing! ;)
  • Deleted user 8 May 2012 15:53:35
    They are all good but basically more of the same. A lot of people liked Sorcerers Lair and that can be bought as an individual table as well I think.

Epic Quest is also apparently OK - cant comment myself though because Ive only played it for 5 minutes.

On a side note Ive been playing Williams Pinball Collection for the last week or so - its been quite an eye opener to see where Zen got their...er..inspiration from. Even whole tables are more or less copied - the Rocky and Bullwinkle table on FX2 is basically a copy of Sorcerer I have discovered.
  • Shikasama 8 May 2012 18:41:54 6,633 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The new ones are based around some top Marvel stories - World War Hulk, Fear Itself, The Avengers Movie and The Infinity Gauntlet. They look fucking brilliant and I'll be day one-ing them. The Avengers one looks aprticularly interesting with it being absed around 6 balls.

Without the marvel tables I wouldn't have any inteerest in FX2. I did by the Paranormal table but I never play it because I'd rather be doing one of the Marvel ones. They might not be the best but they have more relevance to me personally.

And one day I'll get wihtin 10% of an Alipan score. Possibly.
  • robthehermit 28 May 2012 09:53:26 3,986 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I constantly get around 10% of an Alipan score.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• Deleted user 18 June 2012 11:11:58
    New tables due this week but I dont think I will get them this time had enough of Marvel.

Also Ive read that they only have 1 achievement per table. If you remember each table previously has a 5g, 15g and 30g.
    Well based on the PS3 trophy list its seems that Zen have chosen the 5g as the sole Xbox achievement for each table.

Seems a bit lame I enjoy chasing down the 30gs.

Oh, reason is MS have an achievement limit of 99 I think after this pack FX2 will be at 88.

Edited by Alipan at 11:13:04 18-06-2012
  • evilashchris 18 Jun 2012 11:28:29 6,962 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The new tables are amazing. Best I've played in ages. How they keep upping their game I have no idea.

Twitter: @COToole

• Deleted user 18 June 2012 11:31:30
    I look forward to reading your review.

Ill have to disagree with you that Zen keep upping their game though. To my mind the first 'Core' pack with Pasha, Rome etc is still the best.

V&V wasnt bad but I played Epic Quest for the first time recently and I have to say, I found it be be very poor.
  • evilashchris 18 Jun 2012 11:34:52 6,962 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Epic Quest does seem a bit flat compared to some of the others, but at least there was a little new thinking behind it with your loot.

Infinity Gauntlet is just superb, I can't say too much yet, but it's a hell of a lot of fun.

• agparrot 18 Jun 2012 16:29:39 11,903 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's like they know I've got 840 points left hanging around in my account.
  • Vice.Destroyer 18 Jun 2012 18:13:53 5,823 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Why is evilashchris an evolved gamer/geek and has played the new tables already? I feel so ungeeky. I need to play them. Are they 800ms points?
  • agparrot 18 Jun 2012 18:15:14 11,903 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    chris is one of the cool dudes that writes reviews over at All About The Games from time to time, where they dole out review codes of things to honored and trusted people who can spell.

Mostly.
  • evilashchris 19 Jun 2012 14:59:15 6,962 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    POW!

Review time! :D

• evilashchris 19 Jun 2012 15:00:43 6,962 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh, and just get involved in the forums a bit and bagsie a review code when you can. If you can spell ofc.

• Page

of 71 First / Last