Pinball FX 2 Page 61

• Page

of 71 First / Last

• Red_Bool 17 Feb 2012 08:15:04 1,173 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Got this yesterday after seeing the heads-up by agparrot. Haven't spent much time on it yet, but initial impressions are really good!
  • souvlaki 17 Feb 2012 08:43:33 717 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Vice.Destroyer

I'm out tonight, but I know what I'm doing over the weekend
  • Vice.Destroyer 17 Feb 2012 08:55:02 5,827 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bring it. Think I'm afraid? I'm Vice Destroyer. I have been known to destroy the desire for gaming in al my nemeses. Test me at your own peril.
  • Vice.Destroyer 18 Feb 2012 00:13:03 5,827 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't know what happened, but at one stage I was at 31m, got sucked in a trance and suddenly jumped way past my previous record of 41m to an incredible 147m.

• glo 26 Feb 2012 14:10:50 3,424 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    In case there is anybody out there unaware of it, there is a tournament on the Thor table running at the moment. Ends in a few days I think.
  • agparrot 26 Feb 2012 14:26:21 11,903 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    THOR!!

I did notice the wingéd helmet the other night, as I've been playing a bit of FX/2 the last few nights. I haven't given the Vengeance and Virtue enough playtime really, but that's because of my ongoing score-battle with Duallusion over Epic Quest.

I utterly, completely forgot to pimp my Epic Quest review.

I couldn't decide between 3/5 or 4/5 at first, but having played it more extensively, I'm glad it got a 4.

It's not the most difficult table in the world, but it is rewarding, and it does that thing that Spiderman does of saving some of your mission score thingies so that they carry on between games, but here it is writ large in the multiball jackpots and your arms and armour (used for engaging in 'battle' mode) retained between games.

There's some good ways of scoring cheap points, too:

1. Hit the left ramp a bunch of times to activate 'Bat' mode. Then try and hit the forest ramp immediately right of the waterwheel. This will bump the bumpers, adding time to the Bat Mode, and it then normally locks the ball in the catch-and-launch turney-gold-thing. Hold the right flipper up as it launches, and the ball gets bounced onto the left flipper, allowing you to rinse and repeat until each hit is adding time to the mode, and eventually scoring 1 million points per catch-and-release. Sometimes the ball gets launched to the left, but it's easy to regain control and continue.

2. SMASH. Hit the SMASH bumper, to the left of the left Batramp, and you get a chance to make a skillshot. Each time you make the skillshot you increment the score by 300,000... so it goes 300k, 600k, 900k - right up to 3m per skillshot. You also earn Loot from the ones you hit, which often restore your kickbacks, gift you an enemy that you don't have to fight, or give you a scroll or a ball save or sometimes some Epic Loot.

3. Kill all the monsters. The lights in the centre of the table indicate the fights you've already had from the Mill, Forest and Dungeon. When you've lit them all up, the forest ball capture flashes a beast, and you have to fight a well-hard monster. He'll kill you in two blows, so you have to keep up the dodges and defenses as well as going for Hits and Smashes. If you kill the boss monster, the monster lights are all reset, you get 50m bonus points, and there is an achievement also linked to this.

I can't touch Alipan's 1bn+ points, of course - thankfully he's not on my FL though, so my 346m looks dandy, sat there at the top.
  • Red_Bool 26 Feb 2012 15:30:38 1,173 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @agparrot: last time I looked, Alipan didn't have a score on Epic Quest yet. So rst assured you're still on top of at least my leaderboard :) I'm currently 2nd at a comfortable 150m points distance behind you :( and skull bugery is 3rd. Where's the love for this table I wonder?
  • agparrot 26 Feb 2012 15:54:53 11,903 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Red_Bool wrote:

Where's the love for this table I wonder?
    I have to admit, it was a bit of a slow burner for me. I think the 'comedy' fantasy style is actually a bit off-putting, they could probably have gone with something a bit more sinister, although maybe with paranormal and haunted house they think there are already enough ghosts and goblins of a serious variety.

The meat of the table is good though - not the most difficult, as I say, but the persistent stuff is done more cleverly than I gave it credit for, at first.
  • evilashchris 16 Mar 2012 13:29:52 6,971 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh hello!

Now this new pack looks a bit good!

Twitter: @COToole

• riz23 16 Mar 2012 13:40:14 1,256 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Looks good indeed. The infinity Gauntlet seems interesting. I shall carry on my addiction and buy every single fucking table these guys bring out.

Epic Quest is great, pretty easy as agparrot says. My personal high score is currently 202M. Someone on my list has 229M which feels beatable for sure. 300M odd I'm not so sure. As for a billion, well fugeddabowdit! GT: oldskooldeano if you want to add.

Edited by riz23 at 13:41:58 16-03-2012
  • agparrot 16 Mar 2012 13:55:07 11,903 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mmm, the Avengers stuff does look fascinating.

It's a shame they couldn't put a proper date on it, but I'm sure I'll be adding points to pick up the pack, regardless. The Infinity Gauntlet and Fear Itself twists sound interesting, although I'm not sure I like the sound of physically turning the table upside down, I'm assuming he means vertically, in the former.

I still struggle when the flippers get reversed in Spiderman, for goodness sake!

Fighting the Hulk in World War Hulk also sounds great, I'm no lore-dweller when it comes to Marvel stuff, but him being the enemy, rather than the named table hero sounds like an interesting conceit.

Still haven't played enough Vengeance and Virtues, and I still haven't gone back to beat Duallusion's Epic Quest score of 400 and something million.
  • robthehermit 16 Mar 2012 14:22:10 4,037 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @agparrot

It is indeed a pain when they reverse the flippers. Do what I do and turn the controller upside down.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• Vice.Destroyer 18 Mar 2012 11:31:43 5,827 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hey guys, anybody want to send my brother a friends request? He is enjoying Pinball FX2 and I have just bought him an Xbox to use in Uganda. Through some deft geekiness, we have him online there, but as you can imagine, Xboxes are scarce there. His gamertag is Vile Slayer and he would probably appreciate other gamers to compare himself against.
  • Jaz666 23 Mar 2012 14:41:10 7 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hi guys, been playing this a while, totally unaware there was this huge thread going on here.

Can't seem to get any of my mates to give it a try though, so please add my gamertag if you have a space left!

Gamertag: jAZ666x

cheers
  • Shikasama 20 Apr 2012 08:22:49 6,756 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So, I bought this as part of my pre-Avengers excitement and now it turns out that Xbox Pinball is one of my favourite things.

I'm balls at it though.
  • Vice.Destroyer 20 Apr 2012 09:09:13 5,827 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What you should do is get Rome and see what the highest score you can get is. Then come back. And we will tell you the highest score in this thread. That is what makes Pinball even better.
  • Shikasama 20 Apr 2012 21:46:37 6,756 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Don't think I'll get any more tables until I get paid and I'll probs get the other Marvel ones. I'm a full on consumer whore for Marvel products.

I think my fave so far is the fantastic four ones because it's fairly short table and the missions are easy to udnerstand and aim for. Might add some tags from here on so I've got something to work against.

It's amazing how these simple game sgrab my attention. My favourite games of this gen are Witcher 2 (obvs) and Geo Wars 2. This has that full on Geo Wars 2 feel.
  • Shikasama 23 Apr 2012 22:51:55 6,756 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The Blade table is a whore.
  • Deleted user 24 April 2012 12:08:55
    @Shikasama

Ha ha I have to say I love Blade - its probably my favourite table. Its a beast though and has that nasty loop which sends the ball SDTM unless you hold the top right flipper out.

Stick with it, I promise you its one of Zens best designs - you might grow to like it!
  • Shikasama 24 Apr 2012 13:29:44 6,756 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think it's because there isn't much middle ground. If you don't do the missions then you're not making proper points and that ramp on the left is a proper bastard to hit.

I do like it because it is challenging but god it can be frustrating. There seems to be a lot more STDM than on the other Marvel tables but that is probably more to do with me monging my shots up.
  • Deleted user 24 April 2012 14:02:57
    @Shikasama

Yeah I agree - challenging and frustrating...

The really big points only kick in at the wizard mode - 6 million per ramp for as long as you can keep a multiball going!

What does help for a high score is an amulet you can get by shooting the left ramp in the daytime. I think its third one down which gives you double points on everything for the entire game even if you lose your ball.
  • Shikasama 24 Apr 2012 19:59:50 6,756 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    What's your tag Alipan? you mind if I get your scores on my board?
  • Deleted user 24 April 2012 21:09:22
    Sure - its Alipan 99.
  • Shikasama 28 Apr 2012 19:28:07 6,756 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Really wish I hadn't done that - your scores are beyond insane!
  • Shikasama 30 Apr 2012 18:53:47 6,756 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just broke my firt 100 mil - 156.9 on the Moon Knight table :D
  • Slint1000 1 May 2012 11:26:59 3,077 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I got the Vengeance and Virtue tables for free last night from a Playxbla.com promotion and I'd never played Pinball FX2 (or 1) before. Or any pinball at all really for that matter.

It all seems much more complicated then then I would ever have dreamed, but it has grabbed me big time!

Not really sure what's going on with the missions and stuff on the tables as yet despite reading the rules, but it's great fun trying to work out what's happening and I'm already eyeing up some of the other tables.

I think I need to find some online tips though or I'll never better the measly 10mil or so scores I've managed so far.
  • Red_Bool 1 May 2012 11:33:32 1,173 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Slint1000: Head on over to the Pinball FX2 forums for lots of tips and tricks :)
  • Slint1000 1 May 2012 12:00:03 3,077 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Red_Bool wrote:
    @Slint1000: Head on over to the Pinball FX2 forums for lots of tips and tricks :)
    Nice one, I had a quick look and already found a few basic control techniques but I'll have a proper look later.

This game may just prove to be an unnecessary distraction from Trials Evo that I really didn't expect!
  • Shikasama 1 May 2012 19:23:28 6,756 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    What's your tag Slint? Our scores are probably pretty close!
  • Page

of 71 First / Last