Pinball FX 2 Page 60

• Page

of 72 First / Last

• L_Franko Moderator 30 Dec 2011 13:09:37 9,697 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yipes, your not far off beating my score then Simp!
    Actually good, I could do with a friendly challenge on that table, I'm not terrible on it.
  • Trowel 30 Dec 2011 13:31:11 18,064 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    agparrot wrote:
    Ah, I'd forgotten just how *distracting* those little pop-up things are, telling you that you're approaching someone's score! I fell a million short of glo's Captain America score last night, and having beaten that this morning, I fell about 1.5m short of L_Franko, as I kept glancing up to see how many more points I needed to go past him.
    Not many people seem to know they can be turned off :)
  • agparrot 30 Dec 2011 13:44:37 11,903 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    agparrot wrote:
    Ah, I'd forgotten just how *distracting* those little pop-up things are, telling you that you're approaching someone's score! I fell a million short of glo's Captain America score last night, and having beaten that this morning, I fell about 1.5m short of L_Franko, as I kept glancing up to see how many more points I needed to go past him.
    Not many people seem to know they can be turned off :)
    Heh, I know that I *could* turn them off, but I'm not a fanatical enough player, and to be honest I feel like I'd be missing out on some of the magic!

I did get to the stage where I trained myself to ignore them until they had disappeared where I'd beaten somebody's score, but it's been a long time since I've played much FX/2, so my powers of ignorance are weak.
  • Red_Bool 30 Dec 2011 17:25:47 1,177 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    agparrot wrote:

Heh, I know that I *could* turn them off, but I'm not a fanatical enough player, and to be honest I feel like I'd be missing out on some of the magic!

I did get to the stage where I trained myself to ignore them until they had disappeared where I'd beaten somebody's score, but it's been a long time since I've played much FX/2, so my powers of ignorance are weak.
    Those pop-ups are part of the experience - it adds extra suspense / tension :) Athough sometimes it gets a bit disheartening: right after overtaking a bunch of people I got a "you need 25+ million points to overtake L_Franko" on the Wolverine table. Both funny and depressing :)

On Iron Man I got a similar pop-up, saying I needed ~2million to pass Bawsy (who used to be at the top of my leaderboards on *all* tables before I befriended Alipan) - now *that* is tension :) 2 million on Iron Man takes ages...
  • Deleted user 2 January 2012 16:41:50
    Very nice combo for Thor here - it scores quite nicely but more importantly increases the Serpent, Ymir and Armor jackpots all in one go! Well worth learning imo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeFQRbttsoY

I had realised already that there was a little hatch you could open on the snake ramp but had no idea about the lighting strike on the Ymir orbit.

The video is for the PS3 version so on Xbox you press 'A' not 'X'.
  • evilashchris 3 Jan 2012 16:10:30 7,154 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I had no idea any tables had A button uses!

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU

Twitter: @COToole

• agparrot 3 Jan 2012 16:20:31 11,903 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well, I think I trounced everyone on my current friends list by posting 268m or something on Captain America.

The points get a little bit more difficult to earn after 100m when you've done the Red Skull missions, but there are clearly more to be had there. I used that Howler dude - Jacques Dernier, with his 30x bumper score, and then activated the ASSAULT mode where you do the lit bumpers inside the Castle run on the left ramp - each bumper becomes worth something like 2m or more depending on how much you've leveled up their worth (I have no idea how you increase their individual value). It's 10m for completing the mode, plus it must've been something like 20 - 30m for the bumper hits themselves.

I did unlock the final mission, but it gives you 30 seconds to get 10 hits on the boss monster enemy, and my ball spent the first 11 or 12 seconds in some lock somewhere before it would let me start shooting. Arsebiscuits!

The lame nature of the 12 Days of Christmas sales means that I've spent 800 points on the rather spiffing Vengeance and Virtue tables. Haven't got a clue what is going on with any of them yet, but Moon Knight seems very forgiving.
  • L_Franko Moderator 4 Jan 2012 16:14:15 9,697 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fired up the xbox a bit quick last night for the first time in a few days and was welcomed by a message telling me I'd been beaten on a score but happy New Year. :)

I'll have you, Simp!
  • agparrot 4 Jan 2012 18:23:00 11,903 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    Fired up the xbox a bit quick last night for the first time in a few days and was welcomed by a message telling me I'd been beaten on a score but happy New Year. :)

I'll have you, Simp!
    Ah yes, I remember now.

It was 4am on New Years Day, and I was so pleased with myself that I tried to send a challenge to everyone that I could remember was above me on the scoreboard.

Happy New Year!
  • Red_Bool 4 Jan 2012 20:47:57 1,177 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    agparrot wrote:
    Ah yes, I remember now.

It was 4am on New Years Day, and I was so pleased with myself that I tried to send a challenge to everyone that I could remember was above me on the scoreboard.
    Funny, I did exactly the same thing when I had my moment of glory on Iron Man :) Not a lot of love for that table though apparently...nobody complained (yet) (or they're still busy trying to beat my score ;))

268m is a ridiculously good score btw (I'm currently at 38m). Cpt America is a fun table...now I want to go and play it :)
  • agparrot 4 Jan 2012 20:55:05 11,903 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I think now is probably the time to reveal that my Iron Man score (which I must've scored about a year ago) is 49million and change.

I would've got to the last mission, too, if it wasn't for that pesky Vortex Beam thing.

I love the Iron Man table.

I was thinking that Captain America is the table that Rome would be, if Rome wasn't bastard hard and really unforgiving. It shares its two main Ramps, and outer orbits and left-and-right kickback activation, but it doesn't have the evil centre-drain spill of the Rome ramps, or its unforgiving speed.
  • agparrot 4 Jan 2012 20:55:05 11,903 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Red_Bool 4 Jan 2012 22:43:48 1,177 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    49 million...darn! At least it's something to aim for ;) Is your FL still full?

Anyhow, back from playing...and I more than doubled my highscore on Captain America: scored 73 million! :) Getting the hang of this table now, although I'm still missing too many ramps for my liking...Need to spend some more time with it
  • agparrot 5 Jan 2012 13:31:21 11,903 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Red_Bool wrote:
    49 million...darn! At least it's something to aim for ;) Is your FL still full?

Anyhow, back from playing...and I more than doubled my highscore on Captain America: scored 73 million! :) Getting the hang of this table now, although I'm still missing too many ramps for my liking...Need to spend some more time with it
    I find that far-right ramp that is the rightmost ADHESIVE-X ramp a bit troublesome, and I'm forever hitting the orbit/ramp I didn't want when using the top flipper.

I'll see if I can kick anyone else of my list, I'm forever rejigging who is on it, and stopped feeling guilty about booting people ages ago.
  • L_Franko Moderator 5 Jan 2012 13:54:28 9,697 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That far right ramp is getting easier for me now, its all about waiting for the ball to roll onto the tip of the left flipper and shooting it off at that very moment. A brave move as a split second on the late side and you'll drain it, but after some time it starts to be more accurate. I'll probably hit the ramp 8 out of 10 tries now.

Edited by L_Franko at 13:56:41 05-01-2012
  • spamdangled 5 Jan 2012 15:26:04 27,463 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Anyone seen this yet?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=36222

Hulk table incoming, plus Zen Pinball is coming to even more platforms.

Apparently the new Hulk table is the first of several Marvel tables "linked by a story". Given that the Avengers is out this year, I'm guessing it will tie in to that somehow.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Red_Bool 5 Jan 2012 16:05:41 1,177 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    agparrot wrote:
    I find that far-right ramp that is the rightmost ADHESIVE-X ramp a bit troublesome, and I'm forever hitting the orbit/ramp I didn't want when using the top flipper.

I'll see if I can kick anyone else of my list, I'm forever rejigging who is on it, and stopped feeling guilty about booting people ages ago.
    Accepted your FR, thanks! And now I dropped one spot on all tables..thanks for that as well...:)
    That right-most ramp is indeed a bugger to hit, but the technique that Franko mentioned works (with the added danger that if you time it wrong you can hit the bottom of the right bumper and drain the ball real quick)

Edited by Red_Bool at 19:28:03 05-01-2012
  • souvlaki 5 Jan 2012 18:52:21 728 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So, I thought I would try Captain America as Simplicity has been mentioning it a while lately. I get home from work and fire it up to see that I have a score of 176 million currently - so far so good. However, on loading the table I have no recollection of it whatsoever - and my stats say I have only played a total of 53 minutes on that table, comprising of three games.

Anyhow - just spent an hour on it and around 60 million is the best I can get - whenever I try and do a mission I lose the ball straight down the middle. Obviously, I am far better when not trying :-\
  • Red_Bool 5 Jan 2012 19:41:31 1,177 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    souvlaki wrote:
    So, I thought I would try Captain America as Simplicity has been mentioning it a while lately. I get home from work and fire it up to see that I have a score of 176 million currently - so far so good. However, on loading the table I have no recollection of it whatsoever - and my stats say I have only played a total of 53 minutes on that table, comprising of three games.

Anyhow - just spent an hour on it and around 60 million is the best I can get - whenever I try and do a mission I lose the ball straight down the middle. Obviously, I am far better when not trying :-\
    ...or drunk? ;)
  • evilashchris 2 Feb 2012 14:48:26 7,154 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Epic Quest announced!

It sounds amazing :D

Twitter: @COToole

• Deleted user 3 February 2012 10:09:25
    Looks really good in the trailer but then again they all do! Looking forward to trying it.

Of the recent V&V tables Im starting to think that X-Men may be the best - so much to do and seems quite balanced in terms of scoring.

Ghost Rider I really liked at first but then I found out it was quite easy to win 15 extra balls and that kind of spoilt it for me – too much of a grind.

Thor is also decent enough although people have made massive scores just by spamming the lightning combo which isn’t great really.

Some people say you should just play the tables ‘as they are meant to be played’ but the minute someone spots a mission or something that can be grinded for score you can guarantee there are a ton of people who will exploit it.
  • Trowel 7 Feb 2012 18:31:52 18,064 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nice interview with the devs: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-07-the-story-behind-xblas-biggest-game
  • Vice.Destroyer 12 Feb 2012 13:28:53 5,943 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just a quick question for the Pinball hivemind. I expect a no to this answer, but you never know. I am sending an Xbox to my brother in Uganda. Going to load it up with only 2 XBLA games. Dead Rising and Pinball FX2. My brother doesn't have internet at home. Obviously, without the internet, the Xbox and all games are only fulfilling half their fun potential.

Does Zen have any way for people to compare their scores, away from their consoles?
  • Deleted user 13 February 2012 11:07:31
    Unfortunately theres not much you can do – shame because as you say the leaderboards are half the fun.

Although it wouldn’t help your bruv it would be nice if they had online leaderboards you could view on the PC like Geometry Wars used to have.

I think Zen are working on a title update for later this year though so you never know what the future may bring!
  • Vice.Destroyer 13 Feb 2012 19:27:53 5,943 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Online leaderboards would be enough. Thankfully he works in IT and that. He just doesn't have internet at home. But we will cope. I am giving him a Nokia Lumia 800. Worst comes to worst, he can just post pictures of his scores on twitter.
  • agparrot 15 Feb 2012 17:32:02 11,903 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Oh, don't anyone bother mentioning that the Epic Quest table is out today, will you?

I had to find out on Twitter.

Twitter!

Thanks huntcjna!
  • souvlaki 15 Feb 2012 19:26:26 728 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I just had a quick couple of goes on it - it's OK, but didn't grab me, so to speak. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood though as I haven't played pinball for a while. I do like the 'weight' of the table though. It feels more realistic and less arcadey than previous tables.

I would have played more, but I got 32 Million and noticed poor Mr Destroyer way down the table on 11 Mill. I like to give him a realistic challenge so felt I should stop there.
  • Vice.Destroyer 15 Feb 2012 19:47:46 5,943 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    /places an order for a souvlaki voodoo doll
  • Vice.Destroyer 16 Feb 2012 23:41:36 5,943 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I couldn't let this insult lie. Just for you, Souvlaki/dmukgr, I overtook you.

Simplicitly? I am coming for you.

Edited by Vice.Destroyer at 23:42:18 16-02-2012
  • spamdangled 16 Feb 2012 23:46:58 27,463 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    agparrot wrote:
    Oh, don't anyone bother mentioning that the Epic Quest table is out today, will you?

I had to find out on Twitter.

Twitter!

Thanks huntcjna!
    Cheers!

/runs off to download

Have we got an eta yet on the next round of Marvel tables?

I'm guessing they're going to be avengers based to tie in with the movie.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Page

of 72 First / Last