Pinball FX 2 Page 5

• Page

of 72 First / Last

• skuzzbag 2 Nov 2010 11:20:33 5,732 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've discovered that while the shoulder buttons provide a better response the right one on mine is dodgy.

I'm sitting here contemplating buying a used controler so I can mod it into a box with a couple of proper table buttons on the left and right of a empty box. Just like the real thing (albiet in a used bits of wood screwed together and painted white middle aged man built kind of way).
  • agparrot 2 Nov 2010 11:23:28 11,903 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Really enjoying FX/2 - didn't ever play the first one, and can't claim to be any kind of Pinball Wizard, but am loving the amount of *stuff* that is crammed into each table - each one is like a little game of its own, with differing shot placement, tactics and speeds to all of the tables.

Spent a while on Rome last night - initially it seems a little simple, being a couple of ramps and orbits with central bumpers and the odd, erm, bit where the ball goes down a hole or feature and stays there before being spat out.

The CONQUER mode however is awesome - I've only figured out the Coastal Garrison so far, have managed to nail it a couple of times for the 5m point payout, but my bewilderment at the other Garrisons has led me to top out at just over 10m total score. Rome does have a generous 1m skillshot right at the start though, if you can use the top flipper to shoot the ball into the back of Jupiter's head, or whichever god it is.

Might PM Greggy for the doc, but at the moment I'm just having fun stumbling wildly around in the darkness. learning as I go.
  • BinaryBob101 2 Nov 2010 15:11:03 24,415 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ok, I cleared a few spaces on my FL if anybody would like to add me. BinaryBob101 is my GT. I'm top of the shops on three of the four new tables and Nightmare.

Just love this game. :)

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• Page1 2 Nov 2010 15:17:15 2,618 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Does that mean you have beat my top score on the first new table bb?
  • BinaryBob101 2 Nov 2010 15:18:24 24,415 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Unfortunately, no. Although I am gunning for it and came pretty close a few minutes ago.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• Page1 2 Nov 2010 15:29:49 2,618 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well get ya dirty dancing monkey paws away from it :p
  • Vyggo 2 Nov 2010 16:11:03 445 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I caved and bought the new collection last night. Really enjoyed the Deeps and Pasha tables, lots of interesting stuff going on.
  • Tio 2 Nov 2010 17:28:01 150 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have cleared a few space on the friends list so if your looking for my highscore frined shenanigans then drop me an invite.

GT: Bones n Hombre

I have added a few from this list already :)
  • Deleted user 2 November 2010 17:57:14
    Latest mail sent. Note - guide is for old tables, not new 'uns.

PS. You all remembered to include your email addresses today, so well done. :)

• estoo 2 Nov 2010 18:02:24 2,868 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ooops, meant to pm you asking for one earlier, just sent a PM.
  • localnotail 2 Nov 2010 21:41:04 23,093 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I dunno, I go away for a few days and come back to a weird looking dashboard and an inbox full of crowing messages.

Just had a quick go and wiped all your grins on EDF, 860th on 27Mil, so in your various faces etc. Chris, I nearly took you on Secrets of the Deep.

I'll be back to continue kicking your arses another day. Obviously this only applies to the people on my friends list, which is the only leaderboard that counts, and is not open to anyone who is massively better than me.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Kosmoz 2 Nov 2010 21:58:50 7,768 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone who wants to add me for score compaison (still a bit shit, but getting used to the tables and its been a while since i did the old ones) my GT is Komsoz

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• Tricky 2 Nov 2010 22:55:30 4,485 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    How the feck do you activate a 'tale' on Pasha? Can't seem to see where I've got to shoot to activate the bugger!
  • Tricky 2 Nov 2010 23:59:24 4,485 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Still don't know how to activate a tale but I seem to have somewhat taken the piss and registered a score of 40 million+ on Pasha. :-D
  • Tio 3 Nov 2010 04:25:00 150 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Komsoz

When I tried to add you it said Gamertag is incorrect , try to add me instead
    ( Bones n Hombre)

Starting a Tale on Pasha I believe it is hitting the ball into a slot which is just under the middle/left ramp thats where I hit mine to get it , but I am sure I have got a 'Tale' other ways as well but thats the way that definitely works. You will see the lit/flashing bit in that area. To get there hit the left orbit and when the ball reappears (from the middle) hit it with the top right flipper.
  • ram 3 Nov 2010 08:06:19 3,488 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My forearms ache this morning from playing this too much yesterday, its like the real thing. I've not managed to start a tale on Pasha either. Can't do that sub game in Pasha either with the two magnets.
  • glo 3 Nov 2010 09:30:17 3,438 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ram wrote:
    Can't do that sub game in Pasha either with the two magnets.

I don't even understand what I am supposed to be doing with that one. I just rapidly alternate the flipper buttons until I fail after about 2-4 seconds.
  • Huntcjna 3 Nov 2010 09:41:22 13,877 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tricky wrote:
    Still don't know how to activate a tale but I seem to have somewhat taken the piss and registered a score of 40 million+ on Pasha. :-D

I hate you for this I was up until literally 2.00 am this morning trying to regain my high score and could only manage about 25 million. :(

I also have absolutely no idea how to do any thing with the book of tales after activating it.
  • Vice.Destroyer 3 Nov 2010 09:49:30 5,943 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This will hurt me more than help you, but here is some help. The table has two sets of flippers. Once the book appears, you want to get the ball into the temple. The path to the temple is obscured by the top right flipper. To get in there, you shoot the ball into the loop with the spinning lamp. It loops around, and you hit the ball with the top left flipper, ensuring that you have pressed the top right flipper up, so that the ball can rush to the temple without obstacles.

I hope that I explained that well. If in doubt, watch the fly-by sequence of the table, prior to starting a game. You will see the lane being cheekily obscured by the top right flipper.
  • L_Franko Moderator 3 Nov 2010 10:01:48 9,697 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Spend a fair bit of time on this last night and it is getting more and more addictive.
    Bought the Street Fighter 2 table to go with my Earth Defence table. Have enough ms points in the bank to buy one more table for now but not sure what to go for yet. I'd like to be able to buy one of the new tables but you have to buy all four in one go from what I can see.

Anyway, I will be clearing a bit of space on the friends list today so I'll fire off a few friend requests later.
  • easy_lee 3 Nov 2010 10:24:22 227 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Absolutely loving this game, not enough people on my friends list are playing though. Feel free to add me. GT kamikaze genes. I'll send out some friend refquests of my own later today.
  • Page1 3 Nov 2010 10:27:43 2,618 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I really want to play this game more, but every time I do my hands just cramp up.

Left hand is killing me this morning :(

Edit - I shall be tring to use my Street fighter stick tonight, might make it better.
  • Tricky 3 Nov 2010 10:49:51 4,485 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Huntcjna wrote:
    Tricky wrote:

I hate you for this I was up until literally 2.00 am this morning trying to regain my high score and could only manage about 25 million. :(

I also have absolutely no idea how to do any thing with the book of tales after activating it.

Yes, I saw that you were on Pasha as I turned off the Xbox - figured you were doing your best to come back at me. I can't remember how I did it (which makes it even worse) but I did something whilst in Multiball (which is why I can't remember - I spend most of my time in Multiball just making sure that I don't lose them) that gave me 30 million in one go. I can at least now see how some of those ridiculous 300 million scores can be achieved.
  • L_Franko Moderator 3 Nov 2010 11:57:47 9,697 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Greggywocky... wrote:
    Latest mail sent. Note - guide is for old tables, not new 'uns.

PS. You all remembered to include your email addresses today, so well done. :)

Loads of awesome info in that doc, thank you very much, mate.
    Just read through most of the SFII table info and there is so much stuff I didn't know about. Problem with reading it at work though is that I'm dying to try out some of the stuff I have just read about.
  • ram 3 Nov 2010 12:09:16 3,488 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just deeeeestroyed your highscore on secrets of the deep, Binarybob, 39m to your 15m

glug glug glug!
  • Vice.Destroyer 3 Nov 2010 12:15:25 5,943 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    crwoody wrote:
    I really want to play this game more, but every time I do my hands just cramp up.

Left hand is killing me this morning :(

Edit - I shall be tring to use my Street fighter stick tonight, might make it better.

For anyone else that has hand cramp problems, this might be the time to invest in a fight stick. It works awesome with Pinball. You just won't be able to do any trick shots when you start a round with a new ball. I bought this awesome Datel for 29.99. Best purchase yet.
  • Page1 3 Nov 2010 12:17:40 2,618 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I do have an x-arcade stick with the pinball buttons on the side, but it won't work with the 360 :(
  • Deleted user 3 November 2010 12:24:51
    It's a shame the sixaxis/DS3 can't link in to the 360 - the motion controlled nudge on Zen Pinball is fantastic
  • localnotail 3 Nov 2010 12:40:52 23,093 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm very curious about Greggywocky's strategy guide, but generally, I play entirely on instinct. I'm not sure I could do it systematically. I also can't play with anything but view 6 /oldskool

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Bawsy74 3 Nov 2010 12:50:49 180 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hi guys.

Just bought this fantastic game. I had points lying around, and remembered enjoying Pinball Fantasies on the Amiga. So I thought, why not....

MISTAKE. TOO ADDICTIVE. The big hitters are no longer getting a look in! Halo Reach? Whats that?

Anyway, nobody on my friends list owns this game, and I would like some healthy competition.

So, if you dont mind gaming with a 36 year dad-of-two, feel free to add me - "Bawsy74".

Cheers! Hope to beat your score in-game...
  • Page

of 72 First / Last