• Page

of 71 First / Last

Previous
  • Psychotext 12 Oct 2010 01:42:32 54,179 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Blatently stolen from a GAF thread...

Details:

Pinball FX is back, and it’s better than ever! Pinball FX 2 offers improved graphics and a host of new features for novices and experts alike: a new state-of-the-art physics model that surpasses anything available so far, Operators Menu with custom settings and advanced play info, automatic in-game challenges against your friends, and split-screen local multiplayer mode—a first in video pinball history! Pinball FX 2 also offers full backward compatibility for Pinball FX owners—download Pinball FX 2 free and play all your Pinball FX tables within Pinball FX 2!

Full backward compatibility for Pinball FX owners: Simply download Pinball FX 2 free and import all your Pinball FX tables within Pinball FX 2! New users can browse all available tables for Pinball FX 2 and try them out for free before buying.

Multiplayer: Special features include new Superscore and Wizard score systems, online competitions, worldwide leaderboards, periodic tournaments, online race and local hotseat multiplayer modes, and live video chat via the Xbox LIVE Vision camera.

Split-screen: The split-screen local multiplayer mode is a first in video pinball history.
    Own your pinball game: The Operators Menu features custom settings and advanced play info.
    Updated Pinball FX content: Original Pinball FX tables have received graphics and physics updates, and brand new sets of achievements!

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/p/pinballfx2/

Release Date / Price:

The third title in Microsoft's Game Feast line-up is none other than Pinball FX 2. We already know it's being released on Wednesday, October 13, but there's been some confusion here and there as to what the asking price will be. Yes, the game itself is a free download.

Zen Studios wants you to think of it as a platform. As such, you'll be able to demo all of the tables and then pay to unlock them, if you so desire. Speed Machine, Extreme Agents, and Buccaneer from Pinball FX (with updated graphics/physics) are $10, or can be imported for free if you own the tables already.

Similarly, the add-on tables Nightmare Mansion, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Street Fighter II Tribute Table, and Earth Defense from Pinball FX are $3 each for new players. As for one-hundred percent new tables, Pinball FX 2 has four bundled together for $10: Pasha, Rome, BioLab, and Secrets of the Deep.

Some vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04ZNgi2lLlY&feature=fvst
    http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/puzzle/pinballfx2/video/6274814/pinball-fx-2--low-angle-camera-gameplay-movie?hd=1
    http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/puzzle/pinballfx2/video/6274812/pinball-fx-2--pasha-level-gameplay-movie
    http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/puzzle/pinballfx2/video/6274811/pinball-fx-2--minigames-gameplay-moviefx-2--minigames-gameplay-movie

Apparently uses an improved physics engine (based on the one used in the PS3's Zen Pinball). Cant freaking wait, I loved the Pinball FX / Zen Pinball, being able to play the old tables is just golden too. :)

• Rauha 12 Oct 2010 01:44:59 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    \o/

Zen Pinball was ace; demo of Pinball FX was excellent too.
  • Retroid Moderator 12 Oct 2010 01:59:06 44,725 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Wasn't there an existing thread? I could've sworn there was....
  • Psychotext 12 Oct 2010 02:05:47 54,179 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Could be. I searched, but the search is shit as we all know.

Edit - Even the google search doesn't seem to find it.
  • Retroid Moderator 12 Oct 2010 02:06:59 44,725 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oh, we do.

ONLY JOKING CRAIGY
  • pac666 15 Oct 2010 20:38:55 200 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted
  • pac666 15 Oct 2010 20:38:59 200 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Delayed to 27th October apparently.
  • Deleted user 15 October 2010 20:58:24
    Williams Collection is coming to xbox soon, incidentally..
  • Lexx87 15 Oct 2010 21:00:40 20,869 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Less impossible achievements please :p

Speak the truth hussy!

• caligari 15 Oct 2010 21:04:23 17,049 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I really enjoyed the first one - but I only seemed to dip into it a few times and then never went back.

I think I'd rather put the money towards a real pinball table.

/keeps dreaming
  • Lexx87 27 Oct 2010 16:41:06 20,869 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So!

I bought this today and imported the old tables to find there are new achievements for every single old Pinball FX table! A total of 650 points for Pinball FX2 if you have every table.

To qualify for this months deal I bought the rest of the tables I didn't have (200 each) and so technically got them all free :D

Speak the truth hussy!

• Psychotext 27 Oct 2010 16:42:19 54,179 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Top notch. Will be giving it a blast later.
  • BinaryBob101 27 Oct 2010 18:08:17 22,911 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This was labelled free in the Arcade section, so I just downloaded it and it seems I have the full game. FOR FREE! You should all check is asap, obviously it's a mistake that won't last long. :D

The Grumpy Vaper

• Vyggo 27 Oct 2010 18:11:26 445 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The download is free indeed, but I could only try the trial versions of the pinball machines.
  • BinaryBob101 27 Oct 2010 18:15:21 22,911 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, me too. Nothing for free in this life.

The Grumpy Vaper

• Vyggo 27 Oct 2010 18:15:59 445 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Fable 2 was :)
  • Peew971 27 Oct 2010 18:23:38 4,751 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They've always said it would be free, it's even in the first post. You have to pay for the tables though, you only get to try them otherwise.
  • Vice.Destroyer 28 Oct 2010 00:26:01 5,834 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I need some more friends that play this game. Psycho? Why are you not on my friends list? You're getting a request now. And you better say yeah!
  • Psychotext 28 Oct 2010 00:46:44 54,179 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Friends... with you...

...hmm
  • Hunam 28 Oct 2010 00:49:18 20,674 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I was playing the street fighter table and the buccaneers table and both tables have some issues with the ball getting stuck or stopping and the user needing to tilt the ball out. Improved physics my arse, it's just a port over from the inferior zen pinball.
  • Vice.Destroyer 28 Oct 2010 00:54:22 5,834 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Friends... with you...

...hmm

Shaddap.
    And accept.
    :)
  • Collymilad 28 Oct 2010 00:56:11 1,266 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    /cancels download.
  • Doomspoon 28 Oct 2010 10:49:28 2,467 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hunam wrote:
    I was playing the street fighter table and the buccaneers table and both tables have some issues with the ball getting stuck or stopping and the user needing to tilt the ball out. Improved physics my arse, it's just a port over from the inferior zen pinball.

I was enjoying playing lastnight but noticed the original tables are suffering a few problems. I never remember the Extreme table locking up as if it's been tilted when a competition ends/failed to hit the correct target in time, this has proven to be incredibly frustrating. The odd behavior of timers in Agents is, well, odd too. I see the timer get to 30something seconds and then for no reason I understand it bounces back up to 48. This goes on for minutes at a time even when repeatedly shooting the same (incorrect) lane. The tables are no longer offering the chance extra ball on game over like they did in the original FX. I've also noticed the ball has a tendency to stick to the bumpers before dropping down to the flippers.

I'm hoping this is patched soon :(

That said, even with the faults I thoroughly enjoyed playing again lastnight. There's now even more compulsion to chase friends' scores. I'm wary of buying any new tables for now.

edit: Feel free to add me Vice, I'm not sure I'll be much competition but the game rewards you for having more people on your friendslist that play.
  • Vice.Destroyer 28 Oct 2010 10:54:16 5,834 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I agree with Doomspoon. The original tables, which worked perfectly in the original game, seem to not be as accurate in terms of physics anymore. The extreme table is the biggest disappointment, bar none.

but the extras that they have introduced, makes the game feel much more involving. Being notified that I am nowhere near as good as some of my friends mid-match is a definite highlight. So much, in fact, I have added strangers to my friends list from a corresponding Pinball thread on Xbox.com, so that I have more notifications and more people to compete against. All games should be like this.
  • steve1979 28 Oct 2010 10:54:38 1,995 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Lexx87 wrote:
    So!

I bought this today and imported the old tables to find there are new achievements for every single old Pinball FX table! A total of 650 points for Pinball FX2 if you have every table.

To qualify for this months deal I bought the rest of the tables I didn't have (200 each) and so technically got them all free :D

What tables would you recommend.
  • Deleted user 28 October 2010 10:57:02
    steve1979 wrote:
    Lexx87 wrote:
    So!

What tables would you recommend.

Street fighter 2 table for 200ms points.

/thread ends
  • Lexx87 28 Oct 2010 11:02:35 20,869 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dunno not tried any yet :D Trials 2 was calling me

Speak the truth hussy!

• Doomspoon 28 Oct 2010 11:18:18 2,467 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Vice.Destroyer wrote:
    I need some more friends that play this game. Psycho? Why are you not on my friends list? You're getting a request now. And you better say yeah!

Sent you a request but your list is full now.
  • Vice.Destroyer 28 Oct 2010 11:50:39 5,834 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Let me just get rid of some of the hangers-on. Like Psycho and the like
    :)

Request incoming.
  • Lexx87 28 Oct 2010 12:32:20 20,869 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Add meee!

Speak the truth hussy!

• Page