DC Universe Online official thread? Page 3

• Page

of 48 First / Last

• Phily50 15 Dec 2010 18:05:30 2,198 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Can I turn off the system half way through the download and resume it later or do I have to leave it on for 6 fucking hours?

At this rate I can turn off the central heating and just sit next to my PS3 when it melts.
  • Rauha 15 Dec 2010 18:33:10 4,271 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It will resume when you return.
  • Phily50 15 Dec 2010 18:35:03 2,198 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cool cheers mate.
  • Rauha 15 Dec 2010 18:37:54 4,271 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So I got back from GAME; went to trade Blazblue for Hot Pursuit. While I was there, there was a lady who looked like Nariko + Bayonetta. Think she'll form the basis of my villian character.
  • VandelayIndustries 15 Dec 2010 18:41:31 1,521 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    She'll also form the basis of my dreams tonight :D
  • Rauha 15 Dec 2010 18:51:42 4,271 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    VandelayIndustries wrote:
    She'll also form the basis of my dreams tonight :D

Nariko's Hair
    Bayonetta's face
    Red chequered top
    In shorts similar to these.

Right off to make my character then.
  • VandelayIndustries 15 Dec 2010 19:46:16 1,521 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just lost 40 minutes in the character creator. Pretty good it is too. Game looks pretty good and it runs on Unreal. Totally baffled by all the menus though.
  • beastmaster 15 Dec 2010 20:00:53 10,179 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I am monitoring this tread with interest. Not got + but I'm keen to find out what the impressions are of this game.

Could well be swayed with this into the world of MMO.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• RyanDS 15 Dec 2010 20:09:52 8,700 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is everyone playing on PVe or PVP?
  • ChronoMizaki 15 Dec 2010 20:16:07 131 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ryandsimmons wrote:
    Is everyone playing on PVe or PVP?

Well, I have a PvE hero character. But I just created a PvP Villain character.

I really like the customisation and to my surprise, it's kinda a hack n slash mmo [basically, not a point and hit, but rather button presses]. My hero character, Ammish, is level 8. He has a cyborg skin, wears a beret and has tech and acrobatic skill. Suffice to say, a really good character with plenty of stuns and stealth skills.

The villain I created now is Lenne Grimlore, which is a large big hulk-type person in a buisness suit with demonic skin. He has flight and fire skills and wield... pistols. His movement looks kinda hilarious in mid-air with his pistols out. But other than that, yay fireball.

I'm quite impressed with it so far, but... I have a very fickle mood with MMOs, so I tend to play them for days, then get bored of them. Guess I need friends on the MMO to keep me in the mood.
  • VandelayIndustries 15 Dec 2010 21:43:02 1,521 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    PvE at the mo. Level 4 hero 'Missy Vandelay' Plant skin, natural power, wields a staff dressed head to toe in red and she can fly. Don't know what the hell I'm doing, mind. I'll take a look at PvP later.

How do you save on this?
  • Deleted user 15 December 2010 22:11:10
    PS3 version of DC Universe asking me to use the mousewheel and press F1. Guessing this is part of why they're in beta, huh?
  • Bigkopman 15 Dec 2010 23:00:19 20 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Jesus! It takes some time DLing!!
    Should have it installed by the time I get back from work tonight...
  • Rauha 16 Dec 2010 00:39:36 4,271 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Okay so EvilRedHairedLady was alone today, finished the introduction and got out into the big city. Climbed the highest building and leaped off it (as you do); game needs some collectibles, maybe orbs ;)

MMO Crackdown :)
  • Progguitarist 16 Dec 2010 00:43:44 10,316 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's buggy but I like it. Not sure how to group up and activate a group quest...etc. Voice chat is also not working for me :(
  • zombielvis 16 Dec 2010 08:10:35 131 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Had a play on this for an hour last night. First impressions are pretty good, it's slick and the character creation was pretty good.

No idea what I was really doing though and some of the text seemed a bit too small on my 32" TV (running at 720p).

Anyone know how long the beta is going to run for?
  • Deleted user 16 December 2010 08:59:46
    Got on this finally last night. Spent ages creating characters ( all PvE, I'd be interested to hear how the PvP works ) and couldn't get either my mrs or daughter off the character creator either. It's a good sign - as a CoX veteran I lost count of the number of characters I created in that game.

I'm really pleasantly surprised by just how slick it is for a beta. I'd agree that the menus still need work and that text, at times, is eye wateringly teeny tiny, but overall it's fantastically well built around a PS3 pad and looks the business. Combat is great fun and I'm loving the quests ( they're a little grindy but still imaginative ). Also loving the inherent co-operative nature of a lot of the non-instanced stuff as well. It really helps that feeling of a "shared cause" nicely.

Not grouped up with anyone yet - mainly because it's taking a feckin age for my mates to DL all 15 gigs of the thing. If you see The Cleg ( villain ) or The Claw ( hero ) feel free to say hi :)
  • RyanDS 16 Dec 2010 08:59:52 8,700 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well played through the introduction last night, The Headmaster is a gun wielding flyer who wears a black suit, red cardigan and has a split cape. Spent far too much time creating him, but was having so much fun. Also did a quick run through with a two handed athletic brawler.

Was impressed with the little I played, definitely will give it a proper go, just flying around was great fun.
  • Deleted user 16 December 2010 09:38:26
    My hero is THUJA, a Green Lantern-esque cloaked character with a bow and a leopard tail. I played her up to level 6 last night but the client crashed when I chickened out of the sewer missions.

Really surprised at just how playable it all is though. Thinking about getting my mouse and keyboard hooked up for a session tonight, as it clearly seems tailored for it. The joypad integration is good though - love the allocation of the powers to the L2/R2 context buttons. Also love the "movement mode". My character can run up the side of any building or on the ceilings and can bound from building to building. Super fun stuff!
  • RyanDS 16 Dec 2010 09:41:10 8,700 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    TeleFunken wrote:
    My hero is THUJA, a Green Lantern-esque cloaked character with a bow and a leopard tail. I played her up to level 6 last night but the client crashed when I chickened out of the sewer missions.

Really surprised at just how playable it all is though. Thinking about getting my mouse and keyboard hooked up for a session tonight, as it clearly seems tailored for it. The joypad integration is good though - love the allocation of the powers to the L2/R2 context buttons. Also love the "movement mode". My character can run up the side of any building or on the ceilings and can bound from building to building. Super fun stuff!

In the preview linked above they played it on the PC and said it was clearly optimised for a pad and was better to hook your PS3 controller up to the PC rather than use M & K.
  • Fletche 16 Dec 2010 09:41:28 3,418 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    zombielvis wrote:
    Had a play on this for an hour last night. First impressions are pretty good, it's slick and the character creation was pretty good.

No idea what I was really doing though and some of the text seemed a bit too small on my 32" TV (running at 720p).

Anyone know how long the beta is going to run for?

Had the same problem, couldn't read half of the stuff in the menus, they need up increase the size a bit for TV's

As for the game, great fun until PSN logged me out for no reason and I had to reset my PS3, spent ages creating my character, got a nice lvl 5 acrobatic sorcerer type character with a staff, love the climbing and gliding
  • Deleted user 16 December 2010 09:54:30
    ryandsimmons wrote:
    In the preview linked above they played it on the PC and said it was clearly optimised for a pad and was better to hook your PS3 controller up to the PC rather than use M & K.

Oh really? Seems fair enough but a little odd to leave so many keyboard prompts in if that's the case. Does it work well with the chatpad?
  • RyanDS 16 Dec 2010 09:57:50 8,700 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    TeleFunken wrote:
    ryandsimmons wrote:

Oh really? Seems fair enough but a little odd to leave so many keyboard prompts in if that's the case. Does it work well with the chatpad?

I didn't try to be honest.

I will give it a go tonight.
  • Deleted user 16 December 2010 21:35:51
    Stupid question - how do you access your in-game emails?
  • Gregolution 16 Dec 2010 22:09:19 3,116 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    TeleFunken wrote:
    Stupid question - how do you access your in-game emails?

Walk over to the terminals with the big mail icon and hold down circle. The room with the terminals is the room where you first get told about emails.
  • Jolly_Armadillo 16 Dec 2010 23:01:09 574 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Are there any group instances? I just completed the warehouse instance thing where you and catwoman fight the huntress but I think that was solo instance cos I completed it solo

PSN: Jolly_Armadillo
    Xbox: Jolly Spartan

• NotSoSlim 16 Dec 2010 23:33:16 3,072 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Any idea on monthly pricing?
  • ThemisB 16 Dec 2010 23:48:41 2,780 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    $14.99
  • Fletche 17 Dec 2010 10:18:51 3,418 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Was enjoying this but after the third crash where I had to re-set my PS3 I had enough, good fun but not worth the hassle at the moment
  • Jolly_Armadillo 17 Dec 2010 10:42:33 574 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I keep getting killed by so called super heroes many levels higher than me.

Isn't this the habit of a super villain, where's the justice?

Anyone think the super fast running gets a bit iffy when going up Walls or on ceilings, like the directions get messed up a bit. I'm sure it won't just be me?? I'm sure it's prob being worked on by the devs anyway

PSN: Jolly_Armadillo
    Xbox: Jolly Spartan

• Page

of 48 First / Last