360 rep good or poor losers

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • Geordiemp 10 Oct 2010 13:57:26 127 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    OK, I play transformers cybertron allot on 360 and just trying to finish prime mode.

Often let my Son (who is 7) have a go when he is mood and he does OK, sometimes gets blasted....Hence my ranking of 120 or whatever, dont care really.

I dont use the mic or talk as sound quality so poor cant make out what people are saying anyway, and when you do its normally @=####

My gamer rep says 60 % of players avoid me in multiplayer, the reason is 30 % say I am unsporting...

Gotta laugh, whats unsporting ?

Jumping when someone is trying to snipe me
    sniping them
    whirlwinding when some noob tries to melee me as soldier ? Then calling me a noob LOL
    Them dashing in just after I war cry (wait you looser)...

Just seems to me poor losers have a way of gettiing there own back when you dominate them, sad system really as its always the opposition who neg you...

Is this the same in other on line games.....?

• JCHilton 10 Oct 2010 14:03:22 1,480 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You were 5 when you got laid? Awesome............. not.
  • PazJohnMitch 10 Oct 2010 14:06:17 8,144 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Do you or your son have a habit of shooting your team mates?
  • finexi 10 Oct 2010 14:12:01 2,785 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yes
  • Futaba 10 Oct 2010 14:16:35 3,512 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I had bad rep on DOA for apparently being unsporting, even though I'm in the 5% of the player base that doesn't quit early (and I don't use cheap moves either). So yeah it happens.

As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a ninja.

• Deleted user 10 October 2010 14:52:40
    sentence lol.
  • Lexx87 10 Oct 2010 15:47:23 20,863 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    God you really are a bit of a moron.

Speak the truth hussy!

• DFawkes 10 Oct 2010 16:00:53 23,054 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That's hardly fair. He assists in money laundering, but at least he acts like a prick playing games.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• woodnotes 10 Oct 2010 16:02:29 4,929 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's only a game everyone, calm down.
  • phAge 10 Oct 2010 16:32:10 24,372 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Where can you see your Gamer Rep?
  • Deleted user 10 October 2010 16:36:16
    The little stars in your gamer profile. Its so unworthy of comment though. I am sure nobody takes any notice of it.
  • Deleted user 10 October 2010 16:39:10
    If the game has any kind of matchmaking where gamers of supposed similar ability are matched together then you're probably getting matched with players much worse than yourself due to your son bringing your ranking down. They probably don't appreciate your mad skills.
  • psychokitten Moderator 10 Oct 2010 16:46:59 7,794 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    "Unsporting" in my experience translates into "You beat me and I'm a sore loser".

I have 20% unsporting and I don't TK or do anything wrong, and don't use my mic in pub games.
  • Geordiemp 10 Oct 2010 16:50:39 127 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Funny comments, 60 % avoid me, I take that as a trophy LOL...

Like Area88 comments best though, if it moves shoot it....

In transformers you cant damage your team mates, so its not about damaging own team....

Its just sore loosers.....
  • Geordiemp 10 Oct 2010 16:56:36 127 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    LOl, cant shoot own team in this game, only heal them if you are a scientist / medic..

so Its 100 % sore loosers....
  • morriss 10 Oct 2010 17:01:14 71,037 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mental.
  • phAge 10 Oct 2010 17:01:44 24,372 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    psychokitten wrote:
    "Unsporting" in my experience translates into "You beat me and I'm a sore loser".

I have 20% unsporting and I don't TK or do anything wrong, and don't use my mic in pub games.
    Well - almost. For example, when playing Reach MP, there is a map (Corvette) that allows 1 or 2 players to completely dominate games of Infection, by taking up positions where they're almost impossible to get at.

It's not cheating, but it sure as fuck is unsporting - and I'll report 'em every single time.
  • Geordiemp 10 Oct 2010 17:12:06 127 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Never played halo MP, but that sounds like a poorly designed map or is it a bug ?

If they designed the map that way then it must be a race to the location ?

I see that as a game problem not a player issue, why report them for choosing the best location on a map ?
  • Deleted user 10 October 2010 17:13:30
    psychokitten wrote:

Pretty much this from my experience.

I noticed it more in RDR (I don't play Halo / CoD online but I understand that's full of it) so I guess it's just sore losers in whatever game-type
  • phAge 10 Oct 2010 17:16:36 24,372 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Geordiemp wrote:
    Never played halo MP, but that sounds like a poorly designed map or is it a bug ?

If they designed the map that way then it must be a race to the location ?

I see that as a game problem not a player issue, why report them for choosing the best location on a map ?
    It is a bug that arises due to a combination of map and gametype - I report them because they are ruining the game for everybody else.
  • Deleted user 10 October 2010 17:24:00
    Area88 wrote:
    Haha right on geordiemp, if it's got a pulse, we know what to do.

TBH I only act like a moron in Social Slayer, if I'm playing Ranked I play properly and usually carry my team to the finish line.

A funny thing happened a few days ago where I was put on the opposite team as my friends in Social Slayer and I just kept shooting at my own team to take down their shields. My friends won 50-15. We saved the replay and watched it back, my team knew NOTHING about my insubordination, I also never fired back at the opposite team, just danced a little, hilarious :)

Sorry but that's fucking awful, you do realize that you're ruining other people's fun that way (aka griefing) do you?

And no, it's not "fun", "cute" or anything (or the usual cunt-ish excuse "it's just a game"), many people (including me) go online after a tough day at work just to relax a little bit and have some laughs with their mates, not to get aggravated by behaviors like that just 'cause some 10-year old/cheater/chav might find "fun" doing things like that...

Gentlemen, this is exactly why i stopped playing online games for the last few weeks, see, i really can't stand cunt-ish behaviors any more, internet+anonimity+chav-ness = ^ ^
  • phAge 10 Oct 2010 17:30:06 24,372 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    klem578 wrote:
    Area88 wrote:

TBH I only act like a moron in Social Slayer, if I'm playing Ranked I play properly and usually carry my team to the finish line.

A funny thing happened a few days ago where I was put on the opposite team as my friends in Social Slayer and I just kept shooting at my own team to take down their shields. My friends won 50-15. We saved the replay and watched it back, my team knew NOTHING about my insubordination, I also never fired back at the opposite team, just danced a little, hilarious :)

Sorry but that's fucking awful, you do realize that you're ruining other people's fun that way (aka griefing) do you?

And no, it's not "fun", "cute" or anything (or the usual cunt-ish excuse "it's just a game"), many people (including me) go online after a tough day at work just to relax a little bit and have some laughs with their mates, not to get aggravated by behaviors like that just 'cause some 10-year old/cheater/chav might find "fun" doing things like that...

Gentlemen, this is exactly why i stopped playing online games for the last few weeks, see, i really can't stand cunt-ish behaviors any more, internet+anonimity+chav-ness = ^ ^
    Area88 is a twat. Also pretty sure he's one of the pathetic wankers who keep getting GI'ed and come back for the attention.
  • Doomspoon 10 Oct 2010 18:24:47 2,479 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Snakehips76 wrote:
    psychokitten wrote:

Pretty much this from my experience.

I noticed it more in RDR (I don't play Halo / CoD online but I understand that's full of it) so I guess it's just sore losers in whatever game-type

I've got some for unsporting which I conclude is for that reason. I have some for being a potty mouth which is slightly unfair (not that it makes any real difference to my gaming experience). Prior to the changes to Live and party chat in games I used to play CoD 4 with a regular crowd and a couple of them were always keen to join in a slanging match with gobshites. Problem being, when someone else shouts it can bleed over your mic and then the whole team in the lobby look like they're shouting abuse (lesson learnt to mute quickly if my 'friends' kick off ;))

I've used the player review legitimately a lot on Halo 3 quitters, CoD glitchers etc only in terms of hoping I avoid them again. I've given up reporting "10th Prestige" hack/message spam clowns as they only ever message from a second account and it's hardly as if there's any visible sign that action's been taken to prevent or reduce this behaviour.

I wish that cht filters could be modified to prevent PMs from randoms but not restrict chat completely. Sometimes if I'm not in a party with friends in game chat can be a laugh and on rare occasions randoms do seem to want to play as a team and communicate as such. Guaranteed that if I play MW2 for a couple of hours I'll receive around half a dozen at least "10th" spam messages and it gets on my tits.
  • mrpon 10 Oct 2010 18:29:00 29,001 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Does your son use the headset?

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Lukey__b 10 Oct 2010 18:32:50 3,716 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    klem578 wrote:
    Area88 wrote:

Not wanting to be a chav sympathiser at all, but I've witnessed that shit before online gaming was 'mainstream' and it was just a bung of geeks on their PC's. Knowing quite a few chavs and my fair share of geeks, its more a geeky thing. Chavs can just grief you on the bus and the high street, they don't need anonimity.

Edit: I was going to change bung to bunch, but I like the word bung as a collective term for geeks.

'Sup, what's guanine?

• PazJohnMitch 10 Oct 2010 18:40:49 8,144 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I just checked my rep and a 100% of my bad reviews are for Unsporting which equates to 7% of people avoiding me.

I am rubbish at online games so it cannot just be sore losers. (As I seldom win anything). I imagine when I do not accept game or party invites from random people they give me bad rep.

Just realised I have never actually preffered a player. I have only ever avoided squealing and/or racist children.
  • Retroid Moderator 10 Oct 2010 19:34:15 44,803 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Geordiemp wrote:
    loosers
    I'm almost tempted to GI you for this.
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous