Warhammer 40K (with the models and everything) Page 19

• Page

of 22 First / Last

• Stickman 10 Dec 2013 22:15:28 29,404 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone want to buy an army? Go on. Please?

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Stickman 11 Dec 2013 12:16:41 29,404 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I should probably clarify that it's mine!

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• oldschoolsoviet 12 Dec 2013 21:52:10 5,413 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's fairly obvious......but still no.

I have a bloody chapter and then some to go. Maybe by next Christmas.
  • Stickman 13 Dec 2013 10:29:00 29,404 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It'll probably still not have sold by then.

Want to do Imperial Fists next, try some yellow.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• oldschoolsoviet 15 Dec 2013 21:27:59 5,413 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fancy a pint.....?

To the pub then !
  • Stickman 16 Dec 2013 00:33:53 29,404 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That juggernaut looks brilliant! Is that the Dark Angel minion sneaking on there?

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Stickman 16 Dec 2013 10:09:43 29,404 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Army sold! Pow!

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Latin 16 Dec 2013 10:19:40 3,372 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Stickman wrote:
    Army sold! Pow!
    Out of interest, how much did it cost to put together? Did you make or lose money?

Of course you can't put a value on all the time spent painting them!
  • Stickman 16 Dec 2013 10:35:18 29,404 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Broke even. I'm not really selling them to make money, more so my wife will let me buy more models!

It's definitely not something you could make a living off. I make a bit of money on single models when I sell them, but not many people are willing to lay down hundreds in one go for armies.

Edit - actually, I might even have lost twenty or thirty quid!

Edited by Stickman at 10:36:08 16-12-2013

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• oldschoolsoviet 16 Dec 2013 14:07:00 5,413 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is that the Dark Angel minion sneaking on there?
    A Watcher In The Dark indeed. Weapon swap, cut a hoove and add some horns. Chaos familiar presto !
  • Latin 16 Dec 2013 15:42:05 3,372 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Stickman wrote:
    Broke even. I'm not really selling them to make money, more so my wife will let me buy more models!

It's definitely not something you could make a living off. I make a bit of money on single models when I sell them, but not many people are willing to lay down hundreds in one go for armies.

Edit - actually, I might even have lost twenty or thirty quid!
    Ah right, not bad then I guess... Apart from the hours spent painting! But guess that's half the fun... I remember being into this as a kid, but like I said earlier in this thread, the prices are frankly ridiculous right now!

I used to have a blood angel army with Mephisto and some gold dude called Dante (??). He was a badass (I think).
  • Stickman 16 Dec 2013 15:58:01 29,404 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They still are (Mephiston is an unholy rape train in fact).

The thing for me is, I would spend the money anyway just to paint the model because that's my hobby; the painting.

Anything I manage to make back selling it is just a bonus. Like buying a game then trading it in when you're done with it.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• andyc1980 16 Dec 2013 16:13:29 1,053 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Stickman hahha Mephiston. He almost single handedly destroyed my friends chaos army when we used to play. Vampire blood angel chief librarian. Yes please.
  • Latin 16 Dec 2013 17:10:02 3,372 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I had a Choas army as well, some dude called Karn often went on one man army demolition jobs.
  • andyc1980 16 Dec 2013 17:24:10 1,053 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Latin mephiston ripped karn and abadon to pieces this time. Chaos dreadnought and a couple of squads too. Deadly if used right. Fabius bile went down to a twin linked lascannon blast in the first turn lol. I loved my blood angels army.
  • Latin 16 Dec 2013 17:59:35 3,372 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    andyc1980 wrote:
    @Latin mephiston ripped karn and abadon to pieces this time. Chaos dreadnought and a couple of squads too. Deadly if used right. Fabius bile went down to a twin linked lascannon blast in the first turn lol. I loved my blood angels army.
    I probably knew what you were talking about 15 years ago, but right now I have no idea! I did remember having some great times though...

What was that game set in the slums of some mega city and you only had a small squad of characters to play with? Seem to remember that being fun and quicker than the full scale battles.

Also, there was a version of 40k where everything was really, really small and you had these huge titans on the field. That was also quite fun.
  • Stickman 16 Dec 2013 18:05:28 29,404 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Necromunda and Epic.

Loved both of those. In fact Epic was what got me into this whole thing I think. I ended up with the most ridiculous amount of Epic stuff, but I have no idea how because my folks didn't really buy GW stuff for me. Then I left my whole collection in a bag hanging on my peg at school and someone nicked it. That's my story about that.

Shame GW dropped all support for their niche games but understandable to be fair.

Edited by Stickman at 18:22:38 16-12-2013

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Latin 16 Dec 2013 18:48:48 3,372 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ah, sad times... Not sure where all my stuff is. In a bag somewhere, lost forever... No idea how much money I (my parents) ploughed into it! I remember buying a loads of dark elves at one point and was so lazy to paint them, I just spray painted the whole lot black... Turned out pretty good!
  • Stickman 23 Dec 2013 14:07:11 29,404 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Some other stuff wot I done recently.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Stickman 23 Dec 2013 14:07:31 29,404 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wow. White space.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• oldschoolsoviet 29 Dec 2013 20:15:14 5,413 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    And yet, they keep coming.

Still got Chosen, Raptors, chain-axe squad, some RT originals, tanks......not including the daemons !

Think I'll revert to white for a while. -_-
  • Soul_quake 30 Dec 2013 07:46:40 237 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Those look great. I have not looked at my models in other 2 months.
  • Stickman 3 Jan 2014 15:53:48 29,404 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Without wanting to turn this into my own personal eBay thread, I'm upgrading my airbrush compressor and thought I'd mention it in here in case anyone was after one.

It's a decent starting point and comes with a passable airbrush.

Got it on eBay for thirty quid, cost you 100+ in a shop.

Search "expo complete airbrush" and it should come up.

Just a heads up!

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• oldschoolsoviet 3 Jan 2014 16:10:35 5,413 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've spent enough lately.....

Currently awaiting a 50 box of random Chaos bits, including a horde of bikes, a Defilier in a state, brand new Rhino and Bezerker sprues, and a multitude of plastic and old metal marines.

Half of it I'll be stripping and cleaning before firing it back up for sale. Should almost pay for itself.

In the meantime, I've switched to some White Scar Sternguard for a break from red......
  • RabidChild 3 Jan 2014 16:34:20 2,283 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Two of my favourite models there, Stickman - I love that Chaos lord and the blight drone. In fact, the blight drone is one of the few models I've actually bothered painting.
  • Stickman 3 Jan 2014 16:48:16 29,404 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, usually I buy stuff as part of a 'theme', but that one I just bought to paint. It's really gross!

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• jaangus 3 Jan 2014 20:05:44 179 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Can anyone help me I've got loads of this stuff that's probably about 15 years old or older and quite rare but I have no idea what half of it is apart from imperial guard some of it was out of production when I bought it only thing I can describe about the race is they are small and kinda human. Basically i wanted to price it up and sell it. Are there any good websites to check what the models are ?. One thing I do have is the sergeant centurius figure that was only available for 1 day still in its pack. I only know this because it's on the Pack and that's going for 60 quid or so on eBay. I think everutjing else is unboxed or opened. Ill post some pictures up when I can.

Any help is much appreciated

Edited by jaangus at 20:07:07 03-01-2014
  • andyc1980 3 Jan 2014 20:11:55 1,053 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @jaangus most likely halfling snipers by the sounds of it. And the veteran sergeant centurius was a give away with a special issue of white dwarf if I remember correctly. He was a legion of the damned character who was particularly hard. The detail on the model is excellent. Bones and skulls moulded in the metal instead of transfers.
  • jaangus 3 Jan 2014 20:20:42 179 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @andyc1980 thanks for the info and apologies for my garbled post hard to check on a phone. That centurius one is this: http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=161045230118 but thats not my auction. I'm not sure if they are halflings or not I know they were about 10 years old when I got them so they could be 20-25 years old and they don't exist anymore and couldn't be bought then they were an entire race like Eldar or space marines etc. I've got to find what I've done with it all first sure most of it is imperial guard though got lots of tanks etc armand russ or something if memory serves me right

If I can fInd pictures of obscure races I'll know when I see them

Edited by jaangus at 20:24:39 03-01-2014
  • Stickman 3 Jan 2014 20:25:47 29,404 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If you want to email me pictures or what have you, IM me for an email address and I'll be happy to try and help.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Page

of 22 First / Last