Chris Moyles blasts BBC in on-air rant Page 4

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• Deleted user 22 September 2010 22:43:06
    Yup
  • Deleted user 22 September 2010 22:43:31
    Yeah, it's called a playlist, much akin to Payola years back when DJs were less scrupulous
  • robthehermit 22 Sep 2010 22:46:27 4,321 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I quite enjoy listening to Chris Moyles in the morning. His rants are hilarious, this morning had me in stitches. Especially when the milk and chocolate fingers reared their heads.

I'll agree that he is a little overpaid though. His last leaked pay figure was 630k which although it sounds a lot is only 330k after tax.

Having said that, if Mrs Hermit would let me, the radio would be set to Planet Rock or Kerrang.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• Deleted user 22 September 2010 22:48:15
    Rob the Hermit wrote:
    Especially when the milk and chocolate fingers reared their heads.

:D

Must admit, I thought that was funny.
  • Deleted user 22 September 2010 22:49:24
    Bring back Gervais, Merchant and Pilkington and they'll show you how not to run a radio programme.
  • Deleted user 22 September 2010 22:49:52
    /waves at Rob :o)
  • thelzdking 22 Sep 2010 22:52:49 4,413 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Rob the Hermit wrote:
    I quite enjoy listening to Chris Moyles in the morning. His rants are hilarious, this morning had me in stitches. Especially when the milk and chocolate fingers reared their heads.

I'll agree that he is a little overpaid though. His last leaked pay figure was 630k which although it sounds a lot is only 330k after tax.

Having said that, if Mrs Hermit would let me, the radio would be set to Planet Rock or Kerrang.

330k sounds like a lot to me, a hell of a lot. Infact 30k sounds like a lot to me. I'll be ecstatic if I ever earn a twentieth of what he earns.
  • Deleted user 22 September 2010 22:54:50
    This is how you kick off in radio...

http://www.karlsroundhead.com/23249.htm
  • Vice.Destroyer 23 Sep 2010 08:28:51 5,946 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    HoriZon wrote:
    Oi i have talent...

Sorry, you don't
    :)
  • HoriZon 23 Sep 2010 08:33:30 13,596 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Vice.Destroyer wrote:
    HoriZon wrote:
    Oi i have talent...

Sorry, you don't

We all have talents we just show them in different ways some of us like to be a cunt.

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• JohnnyWashnGo 23 Sep 2010 08:36:52 1,544 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    He is a dick and frankly a pretty stupid one at that.

If my employer hadn't paid me for two months, you could be certain that I wouldn't be turning up to work. Let alone whinging about it.

I reckon he would turn up to work for free anyway - he loves the sound of his voice too much to risk not turning up to work and them finding someone actually talented to replace him.
  • Fab4 23 Sep 2010 08:47:41 6,216 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My god there is a lot of bitterness in this thread.

If he didnt do anything else, he brought Carpark Catchphrase to the airways.
  • Vice.Destroyer 23 Sep 2010 09:16:34 5,946 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    HoriZon wrote:
    Vice.Destroyer wrote:
    HoriZon wrote:
    Oi i have talent...

Sorry, you don't

We all have talents we just show them in different ways some of us like to be a cunt.

Your talent is to make forumers that make unassuming jokes, punctuated with smileys, cry. Too harsh, man.

/cries
  • S.J.Rogers 23 Sep 2010 09:42:56 3,557 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I missed the outburst and will give it a listen later, if I get the chance.

I have listen to Chris on and off for years, he can be an obnoxious git at times and I don’t agree with all he says but he can also be very funny at times and I like the way he speaks his mind and really does seem to love his job.

I agree with his outburst, not being paid no matter who you are, is not right.

I think the face that he had just split up with his long term GF and has had to move out of his home for a while and then not being paid, just pushed him over the edge.

If it was me, I would have been in the top of a clock tower with a high powered rifle.
  • nickthegun 23 Sep 2010 09:45:19 61,325 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I dislike him intensely but if I was in a pretty much untouchable position in my job, I probably would have done that too.

Also, being the lesser of two evils, I hope he doesnt lose his job because scott mills is an even bigger cunt.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• TheSaint 23 Sep 2010 09:45:23 14,833 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    S.J.Rogers wrote:
    If it was me, I would have been in the top of a clock tower with a high powered rifle.

He tried that but the spiral staircase to get up there wasn't wide enough for him.
  • President_Weasel 23 Sep 2010 09:46:28 9,665 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    thelzdking wrote:
    Rob the Hermit wrote:

330k sounds like a lot to me, a hell of a lot. Infact 30k sounds like a lot to me. I'll be ecstatic if I ever earn a twentieth of what he earns.

30K after tax? I'd take that in a heartbeat. 300K after tax is fucking loads of money.
  • warlockuk 23 Sep 2010 10:08:56 19,223 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Daily Mash has the right idea on this one.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• robthehermit 23 Sep 2010 10:10:46 4,321 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Snakehips76 wrote:
    /waves at Rob :o)

/waves back

Hey dude.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• InfiniteFury 23 Sep 2010 10:15:12 864 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I don't blame him at all for making the point. He just goes on and on a bit too much. Better to make his point I think and then maybe go silent for 5 minutes.
  • HoriZon 23 Sep 2010 10:16:44 13,596 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    His jokes are the same after 8 years he deserves not to get paid if he cant come up with new ideas!

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• S.J.Rogers 23 Sep 2010 10:26:23 3,557 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    S.J.Rogers wrote:

He tried that but the spiral staircase to get up there wasn't wide enough for him.

Ahh, foiled by his own girth.

I know that feeling, if you know what I mean… ;-)
  • dogbot 23 Sep 2010 10:29:07 2,278 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The world would be a far, far better place if that talentless cunt did just stay in bed. Forever more.
  • Stickman 23 Sep 2010 10:32:09 29,664 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If he had even a tiny bit of class about him, he would have come in, made brief mention of his grievance, then just played records all morning with no chat inbetween.

If I didn't get paid for two months but then went and told every member of the public who came in what a shambles the company was I'd, quite rightly, be sacked.

You can agree with his principle, but I don't see how anyone can agree with his actions.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• shamblemonkee 23 Sep 2010 10:37:06 14,656 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I really wish they would just get on and play records. They only used to do inane rambling because back in the dark ages they were only allowed to play a set amount of songs per hour.

My journey to work is normally 30 minutes, i'm usually lucky if more than one song is played on moyle's show.
  • bzzct 23 Sep 2010 11:23:14 1,725 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's not right for him to not be paid, but it's also incredibly not right for him to use a public service broadcaster to complain about what basically amounts to an administrative problem with his employer.

And, yes, what he earns does make a difference. If I hadn't been paid for a few months in his situation, no matter how annoyed, I'd like to think I'd have the humility to realise that complaining to a load of people that contribute to his salary yet earn literally less than 5% of what he does is utterly distateful, and that his misfortune at not being paid for a few months is massively, massively outweighed by his good fortune at being in such a position in the first place.

As far as career/work issues goes he has sod all to complain about compared with pretty much every single person he's ranting to, but is clearly too far up his own arse to realise that.

Edit: Damn inability of forum to deal with 'less than' signs!
  • kinky_mong 23 Sep 2010 11:56:55 10,867 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think a bold gesture is required from the BBC. Completely abolish all daytime Radio 1 and it's playlist, then replace it with 6 music.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Lukey__b 23 Sep 2010 12:11:10 3,716 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    bzzct wrote:
    It's not right for him to not be paid, but it's also incredibly not right for him to use a public service broadcaster to complain about what basically amounts to an administrative problem with his employer.

And, yes, what he earns does make a difference. If I hadn't been paid for a few months in his situation, no matter how annoyed, I'd like to think I'd have the humility to realise that complaining to a load of people that contribute to his salary yet earn literally less than 5% of what he does is utterly distateful, and that his misfortune at not being paid for a few months is massively, massively outweighed by his good fortune at being in such a position in the first place.

As far as career/work issues goes he has sod all to complain about compared with pretty much every single person he's ranting to, but is clearly too far up his own arse to realise that.

Edit: Damn inability of forum to deal with 'less than' signs!

I find myself consistently agreeing with what you say. This is the 2nd or 3rd time in as many days.

This is a bad sign for you.

'Sup, what's guanine?

• bzzct 23 Sep 2010 12:15:38 1,725 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think Lukey__b should buy bzzct an Aston Martin.
  • Page

of 9 First / Last