Today I learned... Page 6

• Page

of 18 First / Last

• mrpon 5 Apr 2011 09:49:07 28,920 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mal wrote:
    Huh? But the mint toothpaste always makes things taste spunky for ages afterwards!

jonsaan wrote:
    porridge gun?

My work here is done.

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• Razz 5 Apr 2011 09:59:33 61,205 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    MetalDog wrote:
    Dog's are pretty neurotic buggers sometimes. As prone to guilt, self-doubt, over-confidence, feelings of insecurity and grief as most people - luckily they're a fuck of a lot easier to please most of the time and most of them spend a lot more time in the state of 'mindless joy' than we manage.

You really should read this =)
    That is brilliant! Thank you MD ^__^

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• Zerobob 5 Apr 2011 10:08:32 1,606 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ryandsimmons wrote:
    I only just learned after 33 years that you should brush your teeth before breakfast and not after.

I always waited till after breakfast so I could have clean teeth for the day, but apparently that is really bad as it drives the sugars and acids from the meal into your teeth.

I didn't know why, but yeah I always brush my teeth before breakfast. I think it's just easier as you don't have bits of food floating around your mouth, getting in your toothbrush. It's not like anything builds up on your teeth after eating some toast or cereal.

I always run my toothbrush under the tap before and after putting toothpaste on. I find it helps quicken proceedings. This doesn't sit well with a lot of people I've mentioned it to, but try it first :)

I've not really had change to learn anything today yet, but yesterday I learned how to use Adobe InDesign properly whilst also discovering at the same time what an absolutely hatefully thought out bit of software it is. There's literally no reason I can see why certain bits of functionality (something as simple as picking a colour, for example) can't be handled in the exact same way as in Photoshop. Even in terms of consistency throughout the Adobe Suite it makes more sense.

The day before last I learned its unwise and ultimately a losing battle trying to keep your car clean and free of scratches and rattles because *something* will always damage your car beyond your control, be it fuckers in supermarket car parks, speed bumps destroying your bumpers, pot holes shaking things loose or loose grit being flung at your windscreen/bonnet.
  • Kay 5 Apr 2011 10:16:32 17,888 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Yes I love the taste of minty porridge in the morning.

Well, not straight afterwards. It's still much preferable to eating with unbrushed teeth and, even worse, brushing with the taste of cereal in your mouth.
  • PhoenixFlames 5 Apr 2011 10:19:06 9,005 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ryandsimmons wrote:
    I only just learned after 33 years that you should brush your teeth before breakfast and not after.

I always waited till after breakfast so I could have clean teeth for the day, but apparently that is really bad as it drives the sugars and acids from the meal into your teeth.

I brush before breakfast. Mouthwash after to get the bits of cereal out. #WINNING

PSN - phoenix1flames

• AcidSnake 5 Apr 2011 10:22:42 7,276 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I do the water on the brush before and after as well...
    However I do brush after breakfast...But I drink water at breakfast so that should keep those acids at a minimum...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• RyanDS 5 Apr 2011 10:26:39 9,377 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Zerobob wrote:

The day before last I learned its unwise and ultimately a losing battle trying to keep your car clean and free of scratches and rattles because *something* will always damage your car beyond your control, be it fuckers in supermarket car parks, speed bumps destroying your bumpers, pot holes shaking things loose or loose grit being flung at your windscreen/bonnet.

This is why I never buy new cars or immaculate cars. It is just too stressfull. A good condition car with a minor scratch or two is perfect as I won't be driving around paranoid.
  • Craig0702 5 Apr 2011 11:41:49 2,178 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    ...that Katy Perry's cat is called Kitty Purry

I still love this fact.

Although the amount of retweets of my tweet from people with dedicated Twitter accounts for Katy Perry fans was quite sad, whatever happened to real people on Twitter.
  • Blaketown 5 Apr 2011 12:00:26 4,652 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Today I learned that Alan Partridge is popular even in deepest darkest hill-billy country.

linky

Brap, brap, old chap.

• sirtacos 13 Apr 2011 10:15:10 7,280 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Today I learned that the thresher shark actually jumps entirely out of the water, breaching like dolphins do. Also it looks quite graceful and nice.
    (Unlike the name suggests.)
  • boo 14 Apr 2011 09:07:03 11,784 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This morning I learned that to have your orange juice at optimal yummy flavourness, it's an idea to give the bottle a really good shake.

Moments later, I also learned that it's a very good idea to make sure that the top is actually on the bottle before carrying out the shaking procedure.

Just Another Lego Blog

• Salaman 14 Apr 2011 09:20:15 19,066 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sissy.
  • Craig0702 14 Apr 2011 09:37:50 2,178 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Use an electric shaver instead of a Bic.

/winces
  • Deleted user 14 April 2011 09:49:14
    You shouldn't shave all the pubes off, just give it a good trim.

And use talcum powder afterwards.
  • johnlenham 14 Apr 2011 10:44:06 4,000 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I learnt last night that Duke Nukems "Here to kick as and all out of gum" line comes from the film They Live rather than the other way round (as someone showed me the trailer last night)

Re:shaving. Beardtriming device is 1000X easier and dare I say safer than razor and far less painful.
  • guts 14 Apr 2011 11:27:02 1,690 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I tried it with hair clippers on zero, but caught a bit of loose scrote and it looked like I had been bitten by a midget headless horseman. I always use a bic now on the more 'sensitive' areas and make it the last thing I do before getting out the bath. I always shave in the bath (head, face and nuts) as I find the skin is at maximum suppleness and I get less razor burn. Also like to add, so you all can get a nice image in your heads, I prefer trimmed shrubbery (clipper friendly area), but completely shaved sack and any stray ones in the immediate area go also.

Whassamattayou, whyoulookasosad, itsanicaplace, itsanotsobad, heyshaddupayourface.

• X201 14 Apr 2011 11:35:59 15,476 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    boo wrote:
    This morning I learned that to have your orange juice at optimal yummy flavourness, it's an idea to give the bottle a really good shake.

Moments later, I also learned that it's a very good idea to make sure that the top is actually on the bottle before carrying out the shaking procedure.

/ Also applies to tomato ketchup
  • Gruff 17 Feb 2012 17:37:33 2,868 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Where numbers come form

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• Deleted user 17 February 2012 17:41:42
    Gruff wrote:
    Where numbers come form
    Bullshit, sadly.
  • Rusty_M 17 Feb 2012 17:53:36 4,690 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What a pilcrow is.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• RedSparrows 17 Feb 2012 18:33:37 22,729 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    How little I actually know about English grammar.

EEEEEEEKKK
  • Deleted user 17 February 2012 18:43:01
    meme wrote:
    Gruff wrote:
    Where numbers come form
    Bullshit, sadly.
    Mathematics comes from bullshit?
    Therefore, mathematics depends on the production of bullshit.

Conclusion:
    If we kill bulls, we can get rid of mathematics.
  • doctor_nick 17 Feb 2012 18:49:07 176 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What it's like to pick baby vomit from the gaps in floorboards with a skewer. Really wish I hadn't found out.
  • Dirtbox 17 Feb 2012 18:49:42 78,209 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    How to be successful both in life and with the ladies.

Except I learned that years ago. TIL: My dad "fries" onions in the fucking microwave.

Edited by Dirtbox at 18:50:26 17-02-2012

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Deleted user 17 February 2012 18:53:01
    How the fuck does that work? I LOVE fried onions so you must tell me.
  • Page

of 18 First / Last