Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Page 4

• Page

of 5 First / Last

• Deleted user 18 September 2012 08:42:25
    @neems I'll give you a few bouts too dude. I'm bigjob85 on your pals list.

Also am I the only one who hates the last boss in this? And what's going on with young Heihachi?
  • Rusty_M 18 Sep 2012 08:47:49 4,589 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I might have to join up with that. Although I'm not sure I have a mic I can use with my fight stick.

Also, I've not reached the boss yet as I'm more than a little bit shit.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• neems 18 Sep 2012 10:03:54 1,160 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I don't have a headset anyway - I can hear people though, and you can type in the lobbies.

I confess, I have only managed to finish the arcade mode twice - on easy. Let the shitness competition begin.

I find the best way to play solo is in Ghost mode - you keep going even if you lose, and you can unlock end movies and whojamacallits.
  • nickthegun 18 Sep 2012 10:10:36 58,885 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Arcade is a good way to practice and test out characters. After that practice mode, setting the inputs at the top of the screen and just working though them one by one is the next step.

Not that im great, but what I usually do is pick a few chars, work my way through their moves and find a few cool ones to hit high, low and mixup and then keep adding to it.

Which is why in last nights lobby I kept doing the same moves with jinpachi..

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• neems 18 Sep 2012 10:28:28 1,160 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I played a couple of matches last night, I seemed to be making the most progress by using Hwoarang and spamming the kick buttons. I'm tempted to try Marduk (I think) after seeing the damage it's possible to do with just a few small combos.
  • nickthegun 18 Sep 2012 10:29:37 58,885 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tom was killing it with Marduk last night. All you need is a few openings and its goodnight vienna.

He totally called it

• Deleted user 18 September 2012 10:42:28
    King is one I've been using since good old tekken 1. You can do some serious damage with his throw combo's, I just have to nail the timings. Haven't used anyone else since I bought it..... Considering the wealth of characters, stages and options it really does put some of capcom offerings to shame. Also really like the combot mode in it too.
  • neems 18 Sep 2012 12:52:30 1,160 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    King has pretty much always been my favourite character, but unfortunately not my best one - I just love the throw combos, like you say. I tend to find my mind goes blank when I'm actually playing, so I get the first throw and then panic and randomly hit buttons.

This is my first Tekken since 3 though, so there are loads of characters I've never seen before.
  • Deleted user 18 September 2012 18:18:24
    @neems I'll be online later dude, for a few bouts.
  • Rusty_M 18 Sep 2012 20:35:58 4,589 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well it looks like my chances of playing this much got screwed. Just got an E74! Can't decide whether to replace my xbox, or sell all of my games and stuff.

• MrTomFTW Moderator 18 Sep 2012 20:59:16 37,379 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Gutted, I just added you to the team* as well!

*just you and me... Some team.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• neems 19 Sep 2012 00:32:34 1,160 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    WeakOrbit wrote:
    @neems I'll be online later dude, for a few bouts.
    Damn it, sorry just seen this message, I've been watching footy followed by Avengers on Blu-Ray.

Hopefully get some matches over the next few days, got a relative coming to stay but I know where my priorities lie. I've settled on a [provisional] team as well.
  • sailesh 19 Sep 2012 11:04:16 591 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is there a Eurogamer team for 360? Tried searching on WTF but nothing came up.

Work http://www.sailesh-online.com | Play http://saileshcreates.tumblr.com

• MrTomFTW Moderator 19 Sep 2012 11:06:49 37,379 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What's your WTF name? I'll bung you an invite.

• Moshbag 19 Sep 2012 11:22:56 106 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Could someone tell me if you can do the pair play thing online, so two players on different consoles, each controlling a tag partner, vs AI or another team of two? Thanks.

Don't point that beard at me, it might go off!

• sailesh 19 Sep 2012 13:22:23 591 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @MrTomFTW It's "Saileshio"

Remember - I suck, soooo yea.

• neems 20 Sep 2012 11:58:35 1,160 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Moshbag wrote:
    Could someone tell me if you can do the pair play thing online, so two players on different consoles, each controlling a tag partner, vs AI or another team of two? Thanks.
    I'm not certain, but I don't think you can. I think you can have any combination of tag and solo, but the people on one team have to play on the same machine.

I'll see if I can find out though.
  • Syrette 5 Oct 2012 01:10:14 43,108 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I just don't 'get' this game. I really struggle with tag combos/assaults. I don't understand the timing required and the game does a poor job of helping with this (been stuck on stage 5 of Fight Lab for a while now).

• FuzzyDuck 5 Oct 2012 01:40:26 3,920 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    I just don't 'get' this game. I really struggle with tag combos/assaults. I don't understand the timing required and the game does a poor job of helping with this (been stuck on stage 5 of Fight Lab for a while now).
    Really? I thought the Fight Lab did it's job admirably. I went for that trophy that requires you to unlock all of Combot's moves by playing the stage 5 boss fight over and over. Once i had that i hopped into Ghost Mode and found myself busting out all sorts of tag combos/assaults - all a result of the drilling in Fight Lab.
  • Br0ken_Engli5h 5 Oct 2012 07:35:59 1,190 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Syrette

The timing on the tag is really very lax. You can usually get away with pressing and holding it straight after pressing the correct bound move, but slightly before it hits. It has to be a bound move, or it won't work, though.

First you need to launch with combot:

Launch with Down-Forward+Right punch, then midair (you'll probably get away with executing this straight after the launch)hit the bound move, which is Back+Left punch. Almost straight after pressing the button, hit tag and hold it until you regain control of your original character (he flashes white) Then hammer that right punch to finish the tutorial.
  • sailesh 5 Oct 2012 13:05:00 591 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Still playing this game and loving it, but very much offline. How long does it take to get the Tekken Lord ranking?! It takes a very long time indeed.

@Br0ken_Engli5h - this is why I haven't been reactive to your 'join' messages. I'm sure I'll nail Tekken Lord this weekend and then I'm free to get on with online funtimes!

• Br0ken_Engli5h 5 Oct 2012 13:50:52 1,190 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Who's up for some games tonight?

I need to play this more online. I've spent more time in practice recently, trying to learn some other chars, but I'm itching to get playing.
  • rivuzu 5 Oct 2012 14:25:46 1,068 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Br0ken_Engli5h I'll take you up on that tonight. I'm on 360 though, and also have no headset. :l But I'm normally on Skype or somesuch. If you're on XBL, message me your tag and skype, if you have it, and we'll throwdown likes hoes.

(Note: I play odd characters. Alex/Ogre. Solo Miguel. PROTOTYPE JACK FOR KING?!)
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 5 Oct 2012 14:41:15 37,379 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Br0ken_Engli5h wrote:
    Who's up for some games tonight?

I need to play this more online. I've spent more time in practice recently, trying to learn some other chars, but I'm itching to get playing.
    Maybe? Depends what time people start playing Borderlands.

• Br0ken_Engli5h 5 Oct 2012 15:58:50 1,190 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'll be on 9-10ish, I'd imagine.

I've added you, Rivu, but I don't use skype. I think there'll be at least one other interested, so hopefully we'll get a small lobby going.
    I play mainly Paul/Dragunov/Law/Bryan, but I'm not great with any of them.
  • nickthegun 5 Oct 2012 16:01:01 58,885 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'll try and get on for a bit but its my last day at work, so if I manage it, I will be pissed.

He totally called it

• Rusty_M 5 Oct 2012 16:06:19 4,589 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I might come online as long as my xbox doesn't break again. Every time it turns on is a bonus now.

• Br0ken_Engli5h 5 Oct 2012 16:28:46 1,190 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @nickthegun

It's a Friday, I'm invariably going to be pissed anyway. Hopefully it won't interfere with my leet mashing skills.
  • rivuzu 5 Oct 2012 17:01:00 1,068 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    9-10? Good stuff. That'll give me a convinient excuse to bomb off the night as my colleagues are trying to drag me out clubbing.

F' that.
  • Page

of 5 First / Last