Dark Souls Page 1335

• Page

of 1335 First / Last

Next
  • Fonzie 29 Jul 2017 22:46:01 3,003 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Cheers guys. I think we're going to have to get the large ember as will need something half decent till the halberd is ready (32 str, 18 dex iirc).

Good point about the chart - the idea is that whenever one of us is fetching beers etc, the other person takes over so we need a fairly solid plan of where to go.

Farming for souls will slow it down, but gotta get those stats up so tough really. Could abuse the forest glitch at the start then later on whizz round and parry the silver knights in anor.

Ah, twinkling locations too including the lizards - need to get that.

Notepad!
    Forest glitch is definitely the quickest way to farm souls early on. Definitely worth the 20000(?) Souls needed to get the crest to open the door to the forest.
  • quadfather 30 Jul 2017 19:00:54 27,812 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well, it went fairly well. After a year or so of playing, after 4 hours we managed 3 firekeeper soul upgrades, done both bells, got the essentials from the earlier areas and we're now rocking the black knight halberd just in time for sens. Enjoying it as it's casual stuff with a few beers and occasionally going, "don't we need to go down there" a fair few times

Not looking forward to totg though! Though shitetown is done and don't need much now except vitality and endurance now so happy days hopefully
  • quadfather 30 Jul 2017 21:28:31 27,812 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    And no, a balder side sword didn't drop.
  • JonFE 31 Jul 2017 07:55:34 1,728 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well, nobody should expect it to drop, including you :lol:

Edited by JonFE at 11:42:30 31-07-2017
  • DJBobHoskins 13 Aug 2017 13:19:08 160 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm currently having another run through this, rocking a naked, sack headed, double handed zwiehander build and Nito is giving me a really hard time. I literally switched off in frustration, something I haven't done in a long time with any of these games, and certainly never for Nito.

Obviously my build isn't helping, but it occurred to me that when people talk about bullshit bosses in these games (a matter which will always be subjective) I've never heard him mentioned.

Yet he has a horde of permanently respawning enemies who inflict bleed damage, he himself inflicts toxic, he has a grab attack that is a one-hit kill, an AOE attack that is a one-hit kill, you lose half your health simply by entering the boss arena, and the trip there is a solid minute of running through complete darkness and then magic spamming enemies!
  • quadfather 13 Aug 2017 13:41:43 27,812 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @DJBobHoskins

Have you got any fire attack? Pyro or resin?
  • DJBobHoskins 13 Aug 2017 14:33:26 160 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    no, just been trying to go through as quick as possible, picking up minimal items. Earlier I accidentally aggro'd the giant blacksmith and couldn't be bothered to go ask forgiveness so I killed him.

Decided to give nito a break and go to the dukes archives. Died my obligatory death to seath but of course the curse build up continues after you die so am now cursed.

It's become an accidental challenge run!
  • quadfather 13 Aug 2017 14:38:47 27,812 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @DJBobHoskins

Haha, you might as well go the whole hog now - ditch your weapon and punch your way through
  • DJBobHoskins 13 Aug 2017 15:00:47 160 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @quadfather I massively underestimated how valuable armour is. I've done a SL1 run before and reckon being naked is actually harder than not levelling.
  • Mr_Sleep 13 Aug 2017 19:59:00 21,146 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Yahtzee annoys his girlfriend with Dark Souls is a reasonably entertaining thing to watch, by the way. It isbon youtube and twitch.

Episode 6 and seven have been quite funny. Weird watching someone approaching the game for the first time. Brings back some memories, they just did the wheel skellies and I remember the first time I did that and the atmosphere of the lone skellie in a shaft of light. One of the most atmospherically opressive encounters they achieved.
  • Ddanno 14 Aug 2017 17:46:07 1,093 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @DJBobHoskins I assume you nailed nito by now but Divine Weapon or just staying as close to the entrance as possible makes the adds a non issue
  • DJBobHoskins 14 Aug 2017 20:08:49 160 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Ddanno Yes, indeed. The first of the dead is now very, very dead.

I'm doing a naked zwei speedrun of sorts (not going for a fast time just not hanging around) so i couldn't be bothered making a divine weapon. No armour or shield means I get stunlocked very easily and even weaker enemies take a big chunk off my health.

Just have Manus, Kala, Sif, the 4K and Gwyn to go. I think they will all be grand except Manus, I've always found his attacks hard to judge.
  • GloatingSwine 20 Aug 2017 16:11:52 3,528 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I have decided I want all the Dark Souls series trophies in the same place, so I have ordered a PS3 copy of DS1 so I can platinum it (again).

Firmly expect to benny hill the catacombs for a Great Scythe to start with.
  • quadfather 20 Aug 2017 16:15:42 27,812 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DJBobHoskins wrote:
    @Ddanno Yes, indeed. The first of the dead is now very, very dead.

I'm doing a naked zwei speedrun of sorts (not going for a fast time just not hanging around) so i couldn't be bothered making a divine weapon. No armour or shield means I get stunlocked very easily and even weaker enemies take a big chunk off my health.

Just have Manus, Kala, Sif, the 4K and Gwyn to go. I think they will all be grand except Manus, I've always found his attacks hard to judge.
    Do you use the silver pendant for Manus? I'm fucked without it
  • quadfather 20 Aug 2017 16:16:57 27,812 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    GloatingSwine wrote:
    I have decided I want all the Dark Souls series trophies in the same place, so I have ordered a PS3 copy of DS1 so I can platinum it (again).

Firmly expect to benny hill the catacombs for a Great Scythe to start with.
    I love posts like this. The game is still so strong. Me and a mate have started a bkh run again but I could easily start yet another character right now just to play it.

Great scythe you say? Hmm :)
  • GloatingSwine 20 Aug 2017 16:26:44 3,528 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @quadfather Great Scythe is a weapon that's never been the same since DS1. That step forward R2 was great, though it's kinda back with Friede's Scythe in DS3 the fact that DS3 seems to have a lot faster cooldowns on enemy attacks makes it less hilarious.

It's definitely the best dirty dex weapon in DS1. (that said I just used a Falchion last time, they can actually get p. good deeps due to fast attacks).
  • quadfather 20 Aug 2017 17:33:30 27,812 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @GloatingSwine

I think I have an old character from ages ago just after o and s with a great scythe. Must have been fairly good for me to get there with it. Might lose that character up and see what I did with it. Chaos springs to mind. Not sure
  • wuntyphyve 20 Aug 2017 23:40:30 8,867 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Great Scythe is the shit. That and the large club have never been the same since ds1 :(
  • GloatingSwine 21 Aug 2017 12:33:44 3,528 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hmm. Nearly broke Dark Souls 2.

Beat Throne Watcher/Defender on NG+ and feathered out before Nashandra, and it broke the world. None of the geometry loaded no matter what I did, travelled, quit and reloaded, and killed myself, all the same.

Presumably because it was still waiting to do the Nashandra intro cutscene and wasn't loading anything else.

Fortunately it was loading effects, so I followed the trail of bloodstains and messages back down to the boss arena and it carried on.

(Just need to get back to Wellager on NG+2 for the last two spells to plat it now).
  • Jyzzy-Z 21 Aug 2017 12:41:06 1,918 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I want to play 2 again. Or best souls as it is more commonly known.
  • GloatingSwine 23 Aug 2017 09:55:05 3,528 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dark Souls 2 platinum get.

Now I have all the Dark Souls achievements/trophies. (and Bloodborne). Still going to redo DS1 on PS3 to have them all on one platform.

Need to finish Demons too, but doing all the weapons and rings is so annoying in that one.
  • Lotos8ter 23 Aug 2017 12:17:53 2,505 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @GloatingSwine Well done, that really is an achievement. I got the 1000G on Dark Souls on Xbox 360 before I switched over. I lost out on the PS3 Platinum because Priscilla died before I'd got her tail and that was NG++.

Demons Souls looks a complete ball ache to platinum with all that World Tendency stuff to manage across several playthroughs but good luck.

(Edit - who'll get Dark souls page 1337 first post :)

Edited by Lotos8ter at 12:19:56 23-08-2017
  • quadfather 23 Aug 2017 12:45:05 27,812 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hah, BLADESTONE.

/shudder
  • GloatingSwine 23 Aug 2017 13:44:39 3,528 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've got the PBS. Took hours.

Main sore point is WT/CT events. Especially the Foe Ring/Friend Ring. And I started my current run so long ago I literally cannot remember whether I talked to the Monumental at the start and so I don't know whether I'll get the Friend Ring.

And if I didn't I'd have to do all the annoying bits again.

Also DeS' weapon upgrade system where you need a million of every stone at every level can fuck off into space.
  • Page

of 1335 First / Last

Next

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.