Dark Souls Page 1199

  • Page

    of 1201 First / Last

  • quadfather 26 Aug 2014 18:14:00 12,145 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Do you want a hand to speed it up?

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • Mr_Sleep 26 Aug 2014 18:43:00 17,067 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Embrace your love of the chug and slice.

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • Bauul 28 Aug 2014 22:04:00 143 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    For my NG+ run I became a firm fan of the Balder Side Sword. That speed! Thar range! That jab move!

    It seemed like the perfect balance between the range of a greatsword and the speed of a normal sword.

    Only downside was it looked comically small against my Havel greatshield. :)
  • robc84 28 Aug 2014 23:02:06 5,621 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Do you want a hand to speed it up?
    If you're in the area I'm happy to take you up on that kind offer.

    Not sure I'm in range though...
  • Widge Moderator 30 Aug 2014 10:17:45 13,593 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Bauul I'm currently exploiting the church area to see if it drops. Dex scaling though. Not sure that was what I was going to do character wise.

    _ _ _

    www.inverted-audio.com

  • quadfather 30 Aug 2014 10:21:10 12,145 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bauul wrote:
    For my NG+ run I became a firm fan of the Balder Side Sword. That speed! Thar range! That jab move!

    Someone tell him

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • quadfather 30 Aug 2014 10:21:52 12,145 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Do you want a hand to speed it up?
    If you're in the area I'm happy to take you up on that kind offer.

    Not sure I'm in range though...
    What level are you again? Not played for a while but I'd guess I'm mid 40's

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • robc84 30 Aug 2014 10:41:37 5,621 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    robc84 wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Do you want a hand to speed it up?
    If you're in the area I'm happy to take you up on that kind offer.

    Not sure I'm in range though...
    What level are you again? Not played for a while but I'd guess I'm mid 40's
    No idea! Probably mid 30s at a guess.

    I'm away for a week from Monday so it'll have to be when I get back
  • quadfather 30 Aug 2014 11:04:21 12,145 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Okey dokey. I'll leave it to then and attempt to play something else

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • bottlecaps 30 Aug 2014 11:16:42 125 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Bauul wrote:
    For my NG+ run I became a firm fan of the Balder Side Sword. That speed! Thar range! That jab move!

    Someone tell him
    :D
  • Widge Moderator 2 Sep 2014 11:41:59 13,593 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I find PC connectivity a bit suspect.

    Just tried to do Gaping Dragon and the only help I could get was Solaire. Got a bit killed when eventually trying to do it solo. Also failed massively to cut off the tail.

    _ _ _

    www.inverted-audio.com

  • Moot_Point 2 Sep 2014 12:04:27 4,096 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Widge You can summon Letrec as well. His sign is further round on the left from Solaire. Both are summonable at the same time. Solaire is rubbish at that fight.

    ================================================================================

    mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

  • Wunty_Phyve 2 Sep 2014 12:12:15 1,173 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    @Widge Don't try to rush Gaping Dragon, just resign yourself to a long fight. Best hit window is after his charging move. You can also get his tail then as well as after he's rushed you he takes a few seconds to recover. When he starts to move again just leg it and provoke the move again.
  • Widge Moderator 2 Sep 2014 12:21:00 13,593 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hang back, wait for him to charge and roll roll left/right?

    _ _ _

    www.inverted-audio.com

  • bottlecaps 2 Sep 2014 12:27:55 125 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    @Widge

    Don't use target lock-on for that fight, it's far easier.

    Wait til you see him do his slam move and then run either side around the room. His charge will go pretty much straight at where you were standing so you ought to be able to easily flank him and get 3-4 hits on his arse/tail before needing to retreat.

    When he gets on his hind legs and walks after you just run away until he goes on all fours again. Rinse and repeat.
  • Wunty_Phyve 2 Sep 2014 12:45:52 1,173 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Yeah he can't turn when he charges so you can get out the way quite easily, no need to roll.
  • Z0MBiE-FM 2 Sep 2014 20:05:56 2 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Smash off the tail!

    For the curse of life, is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers.

  • quadfather 10 Sep 2014 13:47:19 12,145 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I don't believe this

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • convercide 10 Sep 2014 18:37:55 6,025 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It was front page on EG a few days ago. :p

    If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

  • quadfather 11 Sep 2014 08:53:19 12,145 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @convercide

    Yeah I missed it :) oh well!

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • CosmicFuzz 11 Sep 2014 09:20:53 24,360 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So I've just started this, quite a few years late to the party! 7 hours in and already I can feel the horrible addiction start. It happened with Demon Souls and it's happening here.

    I spend all day thinking about what I should be spending my souls on. Spent an hour last night trifling around to get a catalyst, and now I need to grind for enough souls to get soul arrow. I've felt it all, the dizzying high of stumbling onto a bonfire, of unlocking an elevator back to firelink shrine. The crushing lows of being killed by that Taurus Demon over and over, being forced to run through the same gambit to reach him again, letting my frustration lead to far too many cheap deaths on the way to my rematch.

    My work is slipping. Why spend time handling insurance claims when I can be studying the Dark Souks wiki? Or plotting how best to grow my character? Or reading tactics to beat the next boss?

    Next stop: I will stop eating, or sleeping, or bothering to wash. I will be shunned by my peers and retract from society. This may be my last post! My heart is breaking...

    TLDR: good game this, huh?

    We're back! Our gaming podcast Open Source returns after a break with a look at Destiny, Minecraft and more. Check us out! (And give us a rating on iTunes please!) :)

  • robc84 11 Sep 2014 13:10:06 5,621 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    So I've just started this, quite a few years late to the party! 7 hours in and already I can feel the horrible addiction start. It happened with Demon Souls and it's happening here.

    I spend all day thinking about what I should be spending my souls on. Spent an hour last night trifling around to get a catalyst, and now I need to grind for enough souls to get soul arrow. I've felt it all, the dizzying high of stumbling onto a bonfire, of unlocking an elevator back to firelink shrine. The crushing lows of being killed by that Taurus Demon over and over, being forced to run through the same gambit to reach him again, letting my frustration lead to far too many cheap deaths on the way to my rematch.

    My work is slipping. Why spend time handling insurance claims when I can be studying the Dark Souks wiki? Or plotting how best to grow my character? Or reading tactics to beat the next boss?

    Next stop: I will stop eating, or sleeping, or bothering to wash. I will be shunned by my peers and retract from society. This may be my last post! My heart is breaking...

    TLDR: good game this, huh?
    Ah, but do you have Balder Side Sword? You are not a true Dark Souls player until you have one.

    Quadfather knows. :)
  • quadfather 11 Sep 2014 13:14:52 12,145 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    shit sword anyway

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • quadfather 11 Sep 2014 13:27:07 12,145 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • robc84 11 Sep 2014 13:51:33 5,621 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Now I've wound you up a bit, I'll probably make an attempt at Blighty at some point soon if you want to help :)
  • quadfather 11 Sep 2014 13:58:03 12,145 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    haha yeah ok. I've been on the wii u for the last few weeks, and last night I had a bit of a twitch about dark souls - you know how it is :)

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • quadfather 11 Sep 2014 13:58:29 12,145 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @CosmicFuzz

    Glad you're enjoying it :)

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • robc84 11 Sep 2014 14:05:26 5,621 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    haha yeah ok. I've been on the wii u for the last few weeks, and last night I had a bit of a twitch about dark souls - you know how it is :)
    So that's where you've been. I assumed you'd gone and got yourself another girlfriend!

    I may try to get on over the weekend. I'm at the first bonfire in Blighty :)
  • quadfather 11 Sep 2014 14:10:50 12,145 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @robc84

    I have dabbled in that area too, but nowhere near as successful as the wii u ;)

    It's about time we had some drunken fatal death co-op, with some random cooking thrown in

    What level are you again, lol, I can't remember? 30 something?

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • robc84 11 Sep 2014 14:23:13 5,621 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Blighttown is perfect for drunken fatal death co-op!

    Erm, yeah, somewhere around there. 35 maybe. I can't remember.
  • Page

    of 1201 First / Last

Log in or register to reply