Dark Souls Page 1192

• Page

of 1199 First / Last

• super-s1 16 Jun 2014 10:13:06 283 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    It's ace once levelled up a bit, Zweihander. My weapon of choice atm.

Edited by super-s1 at 10:13:34 16-06-2014
  • LeoliansBro 16 Jun 2014 10:23:13 43,816 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    STR and FAITH are natural partners, not quite as much as DEX/INT but they work well together. Concentrate on healing miracles and buffs, and then hit everything to death with your Zwei. Job done.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Wunty_Phyve 16 Jun 2014 10:27:05 1,062 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    One of my chars stalled with the zwei at O&S. Was a cakewalk up til then but I just cannot get them with it no matter what I do. It's just too slow. May go back for another go once I've nailed Manus.
  • super-s1 16 Jun 2014 10:33:38 283 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    @Wunty_Phyve I had the complete opposite experience funnily enough. I was going to cave and use the summon thing on them, but happened to try zwei and got them first time. I think taking an appreciable chunk of health made me panic less, and it's good at stunning.
  • Wunty_Phyve 16 Jun 2014 10:41:27 1,062 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    @super-s1 Only time I've had a problem with them is with the Zwei weirdly enough. It's been brilliant up til now as well. Had no trouble nailing O&S with the large club, spells or curved blades but I'm all to pot for some reason with this sword. Some bosses just don't work for certain weapons for me for some reason. I remember having a massive problem with Sif with my large club man for no real reason at all. Same with these guys with the zwei guy.

I'll get back at them soon.
  • Gabriel2R 17 Jun 2014 02:33:16 181 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @quadfather http://imgur.com/gHN5MHP Here is the image, i dont know yet, but astoras seems like a good sword at start, i only lv 25 so i can start again for better build, and i not lazy, I know that the Drake Sword is not that great, but in this level it is a good weapon, i get rid off it soon as i get a better weapon, with probably will happen soon
  • Dr_Mech 17 Jun 2014 04:10:51 1,020 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Wunty_Phyve wrote:
    One of my chars stalled with the zwei at O&S. Was a cakewalk up til then but I just cannot get them with it no matter what I do. It's just too slow. May go back for another go once I've nailed Manus.
    Actually you've GOT to beat those two in order to get to the DLC, the item you need is located in an area locked off until you get the lord vessel (unless they changed this recently).
  • Wunty_Phyve 17 Jun 2014 07:55:47 1,062 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    @Dr_Mech yeah I'm in the dlc with a different character. It's just the one guy I've stalled with. My sorcerer is currently getting his arse handed to him by ng+ manus and kalameet.

Edited by Wunty_Phyve at 07:57:10 17-06-2014
  • quadfather 17 Jun 2014 08:12:57 11,983 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Wunty_Phyve

No physical is a pain in the arse in the dlc.

You got the silver pendant for Manus, yes?

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Dr_Mech 17 Jun 2014 16:12:40 1,020 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Wunty_Phyve wrote:
    @Dr_Mech yeah I'm in the dlc with a different character. It's just the one guy I've stalled with. My sorcerer is currently getting his arse handed to him by ng+ manus and kalameet.
    Oh ouch, Sorcery is probably the worst thing against all the DLC bosses, their spell resistance in NG+ is through the roof (as is their fire resistance, meaning pyromancy isn't going to do jack either).

I know your pain though, when I first got the DLC I went through it on NG+ with a strength/faith and a Int/Dex character. The Strength character struggled but having the Greatshield of Artorias (for Artorias himself ironically and Kalameet) and Havel's greatshield + Great Magic Barrier (For Manus) meant he could tank the bosses like a champ and dish out the punishment with a +15 Demon's Greataxe.

My Sorcerer however...oooh boy was that a different story, struggling getting through every boss, Manus ended up taking all my casts of Crystal Soul Spear, all my casts of regular Soul Spear, all my casts of Crystal Homing soul arrow and all my casts of Dark Bead to finally bring him down.
  • Wunty_Phyve 17 Jun 2014 16:39:00 1,062 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    @quadfather It is Ouch City! I have the pendant yeah, managed to figure that out myself, quite chuffed :D. Although the last fight he unleashed about four dark magic attacks in a row and I fumbled the last block as I got my timing wrong. Instant downtime for me!

@Dr_Mech Yeah Manus is going to take ALOT of casts. It's just staying alive long enough to deliver that particular message to him. I'm using the dusk ring as well to compensate for my casts being halved with the crystal catalist. Of course, then my health is halved! I'm using the Crest Shield for him for magic block (and his pendant) and Dragon Crest Shield for Kalameet, but it's pointless as getting caught in his fire blast drains all my stamina so he roasts me anyway.

Kalameet is def the easier of the two as I have his attacks figured out but, again, I am fudging it like a toddler on an assault course.

Don't care. I'll fight these guys for months, I'm loving them both. They look brilliant.
  • Dr_Mech 17 Jun 2014 17:27:13 1,020 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If you didn't know already (you probably do being the Souls vet that you are) I recommend saving and then summoning puppy Sif for the Manus fight (you summon him in the boss arena) he can pull aggro off you at vital times in the fight allowing you to either heal or get as many casts of spells in as you can, don't be too greedy though, Manus has a hair trigger and will switch aggro pretty quickly.
  • Wunty_Phyve 17 Jun 2014 18:38:56 1,062 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    @Dr_Mech I saved Sif but didn't know I could summon before one of the nice chaps on here mentioned it. I read up and realised where his sign appears. Not tried yet would like to solo him but at least I know he's an option!!!!
  • Wunty_Phyve 17 Jun 2014 20:49:55 1,062 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Manus down! Sif was a bit of a waste of space as not once did he distract manus. Even when Sif attacked him and I was nowhere near he still came after me!

Anyway. I'm still bloody shaking that was about twenty minutes (probably only three). Intense!!!
  • Dr_Mech 17 Jun 2014 20:54:19 1,020 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Gratz! As the saying goes, "the real Dark Souls begins here..."

Good luck on Kalameet!
  • Wunty_Phyve 17 Jun 2014 21:42:59 1,062 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    @Dr_Mech Cheers. I've given up on the one eyed fucker tonight as I almost put my foot through the TV . Got the Pursuers spell from Manus' soul and know all the damn dragons attacks. Just need to not fuck up.

Annoyingly I don't find kalameet half as hard as Manus, but seem to perform worse against him... Although quite glad I did this on ng+ to be honest. Feel like I'm getting a proper workout* from these bosses.

*By workout I mean complete and utter physical and mental breakdown :p

Edited by Wunty_Phyve at 22:15:50 17-06-2014
  • quadfather 17 Jun 2014 21:59:41 11,983 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Wunty_Phyve

Well done mate

• Wunty_Phyve 17 Jun 2014 22:14:01 1,062 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    @quadfather Cheers, I really enjoyed that.

Dark Souls 2 has nothing that actually stacks up to this Artorias DLC imo. Hate to say it, but there it is. This is better. Not diminished my love for DS2 at all, but it's put DS back above it in my estimation (and where quite a few says it deserves to be, I'm less inclined to argue now).

Edited by Wunty_Phyve at 22:15:12 17-06-2014
  • WoodenSpoon 17 Jun 2014 22:32:57 12,285 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Did we ever find out for sure whether From had their 'B' team working on DS2?

Boss-wise I don't think anything in the sequel came close to the Artorias DLC fights.
  • quadfather 18 Jun 2014 11:40:11 11,983 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Gabriel2R wrote:
    @quadfather http://imgur.com/gHN5MHP Here is the image, i dont know yet, but astoras seems like a good sword at start, i only lv 25 so i can start again for better build, and i not lazy, I know that the Drake Sword is not that great, but in this level it is a good weapon, i get rid off it soon as i get a better weapon, with probably will happen soon

Ok, so lets take a look then

Vitality is ok
    Attunement is high - assuming you're going for some pyro/magic spells later on?
    Endurance is a bit low, but then if you're going magic, that's not that vital I guess
    Highish strength too as well. So I'm thinking Strength + Pyro / Magic?
    Dex about right for the level
    Resistance isn't very good - I'd leave that alone
    Intelligence - again, sounds like you're leaning towards Strength / Magic again
    Faith - Ah, even more complicated - this is high too.

So it looks like a Strenth / Pyro / Magic / Faith build !

You might be spreading yourself a bit thin if you keep levelling all those highish stats.

How do you like to play? Wading in with your sword flailing, or more nimbly with some spellcasting as well?

Astora is good at the moment, with 16 faith and strength, but you'll soon come across better stuff. Drake sword, whilst initially powerful soon gets left behind when you get better stuff as well.

Personally, if it was me, with those stats, I'd probably turn it into a Strength based character, with a standard weapon upgraded for now (to at least +5), with a decent 100% physical damage reducing shield, and then use the attunement slots + faith stat to load up on some miracles, making it a Strength / Faith character.

That way, you can just concentrate on Vitality, Endurance, Strength and Faith (Though faith is already pretty high for now - I'm sure you can get some miracles at 16 faith)

Do you prefer a sword and shield, or 2 handing stuff?

• Dangerous_Dan 18 Jun 2014 11:46:07 2,380 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'd go for the Claymore, upgrading it down the normal route and for now and later making it into a lightning weapon.
    All of the status points from now on into vitality and endurance.
  • quadfather 18 Jun 2014 11:46:08 11,983 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Also, that's a strange character name you have there

• Dangerous_Dan 18 Jun 2014 11:47:08 2,380 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Also, that's a strange character name you have there
    Probably kind of an investigator.
  • quadfather 18 Jun 2014 11:47:21 11,983 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dangerous_Dan wrote:
    I'd go for the Claymore, upgrading it down the normal route and for now and later making it into a lightning weapon.
    All of the status points from now on into vitality and endurance.
    Might as well make use of the 4 attunement slots and some miracles? Heal, Emit force etc? No?

• Dangerous_Dan 18 Jun 2014 11:48:45 2,380 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah heal and pyro.
  • quadfather 18 Jun 2014 13:31:01 11,983 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    And emit force :)

• Gabriel2R 18 Jun 2014 17:00:58 181 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So i just realized that i was not thinking very well with that char, i just so bad with magic, i can not shot even 1 spell at the enemy bot in PvE and PvP so i just left this char where he is by now, and i leveled up another one, this time using the zwei, and my god that is a fine piece of metal, strong as fuck, capable of destroy every oponent, the capra demon was a fucker to deal with, but i used the Drake Sword and got rid of him after few deaths.

Here is the build, and the itens i have now http://imgur.com/dqDIOAj
  • SomaticSense 18 Jun 2014 17:20:21 8,159 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You didn't call him 'Inpenisator'?

I'm kind of disappointed :(

Edited by SomaticSense at 17:20:32 18-06-2014
  • quadfather 18 Jun 2014 19:22:53 11,983 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Gabriel2R

Right. What you've got there is a pure melee character. If you're using the zweihander then upgrade it as much as you can and deal out some serious damage

You've still got choices though. If you take it to +5 you could then make it a lightning zwei. Or, you could just upgrade it to +15 and pump strength to scale with KT.

Either are effective, but some people prefer elemental (lightning, fire etc) over +15 normal (solid physical attack)

• Gabriel2R 18 Jun 2014 19:30:36 181 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @quadfather

I dont have the minimal idea what is best, elemental sounds good, but a +15 too, the problem is to get to this +15 should require a freaking lot of rare shards, it is already +5, and i do not know how to make it elemental or +15 since it does not appear in the blacksmith.

Im at lagtown now so i can not backtrack easily, but the sooner i get to valley of drakes i will head to a blacksmith and see if i can upgrade it

Edited by Gabriel2R at 19:30:57 18-06-2014
  • Page

of 1199 First / Last