Dark Souls Page 1176

• Page

of 1199 First / Last

• andyc1980 22 Feb 2014 07:27:25 1,093 posts
    Seen 10 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @EMarkM I didn't. Knew there was something I wanted.
  • EMarkM 22 Feb 2014 07:33:08 3,173 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @andyc1980 I think you know you should go back and get it... ;)
  • andyc1980 22 Feb 2014 07:36:54 1,093 posts
    Seen 10 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @EMarkM oh I do. I just can't remember where I git it from.
  • robc84 22 Feb 2014 07:47:34 5,480 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @andyc1980

The spider shield? I think it's behind the first butcher in the depths. You drop down to a ledge above where the giant rat was.
  • EMarkM 22 Feb 2014 07:51:47 3,173 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rob is exactly correct, from what I remember.

There is another, but this is the easiest one to get.
  • andyc1980 22 Feb 2014 08:01:12 1,093 posts
    Seen 10 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @robc84 ah that's why then. I was wondering what that was last night. It was part of my starting gear last time out.
  • EMarkM 22 Feb 2014 08:37:39 3,173 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Starting gear for Bandit, I think?

You're closest to the Depths one so go for it :)
  • andyc1980 22 Feb 2014 08:40:16 1,093 posts
    Seen 10 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @EMarkM yep that was it. I'm actually at the parish bonfire as I went straight for the crest once gapey had been chinned. Heading back down soon tho. May go to the asylum first for the ring and the doll.

Got the spider shield. Heading to the asylum for lots of death amd hopefully a doll and an old ring. At +5 the spider shield has better fire resistance than the heater at the same level.

That's the asylum sorted, apart from stray. And all the black knights I've encountered are now dead. Parry riposte is awesome once u learn how.

Edited by andyc1980 at 13:37:48 22-02-2014
  • FabricatedLunatic 22 Feb 2014 19:20:46 13,000 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Done. Final boss was no match for my +15 Uchi and copious supply of Estus.

Unfortunately I didn't consider the possibility that finishing the game would lock me out of the DLC until some point during NG+. I know what you're thinking, but... no. NO! I need to play some other games, even if they seem that little bit shittier post-Dark Souls. Bit gutted tbh but learning from your mistakes is the Dark Souls way ;_;

Thanks for the advice and stuff.
  • EMarkM 22 Feb 2014 19:22:42 3,173 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @FabricatedLunatic Very well done indeed :)
  • robc84 22 Feb 2014 20:11:39 5,480 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Well done FL! Such a great feeling when finishing this game!

Other games? Pfftt :)
  • Dr_Mech 22 Feb 2014 20:15:37 1,018 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Kami wrote:
    @retro74; I think it depends on a few things; if the conditions are met, and you haven't screwed things up too bad, then I see no reason why not (and I today beat Kalameet at SL75, so SL125 is majorly overkill for NG).

Gunning for The Dark Soul on PS3. Since my 360 died, I'm eager to regain my badge of honour. All rare weapon drops achieved; the only thing left to do is to get to NG++, because you need three Sif souls to make all the shiny boss rares!

I'll be SL80-90 by the time I leave NG, then NG+ is essentially just a speed-run having taken the time to kindle all the fires, upgrade all the weapons and such forth.

Though I will be leaving the miracles for last; I completely agree with others when they say handing over Gwyn's soul really is the most profoundly symbolic way of getting the completion.
    Considering I normally head to the DLC around SL55ish, even SL75 is probably a tad overlevelled IMO but then I've beaten Artorias and Kalameet at SL40 (was for an Obsidian Greatsword build so got it as early as possible) so take that with a grain of salt.
  • damagedinc 22 Feb 2014 20:40:30 721 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Three weeks on since completing nothing has filled that void dark souls has left. If it wasnt for ds2 being around the corner i would still be playing it.

Wanted a break before i load ds2 where i have no doubt it will serve me well into the next year.
  • Dr_Mech 22 Feb 2014 21:59:49 1,018 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah Dark Souls does that, the only true way to break the hold is just to play the game to death via challenge runs, learning how to break the game completely and generally just dicking about in it all you can.

Having done whip runs, fist weapon runs, Soul Level 1 runs, fucktons of various build runs, I've been a Dark wraith red Devil and a Sunbro golden Angel and everything inbetween.

Even now, I still get pangs of hunger for some Dark Souls action, thankfully Ds2 is just so close now...less than a month to go...
  • stryker1121 23 Feb 2014 01:39:58 683 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Post deleted
  • stryker1121 23 Feb 2014 01:41:32 683 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @FabricatedLunatic Good deal! Nearing end-game myself..need Gravelord soul then will roll right into the final battle. Considered the DLC but i've been playing nothing but Dark Souls since about mid-Jan. Need to play something else before starting all over again in a month!

Edit: Gwyn is no more. Not much else to say but thanks all for your help! It's been a great experience that I'll sing to the high heavens among those intimated by the game's well-earned reputation. Look forward to getting into the sequel with the rest of you.

Edited by stryker1121 at 04:23:28 23-02-2014

Edited by stryker1121 at 04:24:59 23-02-2014

Edited by stryker1121 at 04:26:28 23-02-2014
  • EMarkM 23 Feb 2014 06:46:43 3,173 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @stryker1121 Many, many congratulations and well done!
  • Kami 23 Feb 2014 06:51:08 2,429 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Dr_Mech; I guess, but I left Kalameet as one of the last things to do before hitting NG+, alongside merchant murderings, blacksmith brutality and generally being an enormous dick to all the people who helped me along the way! Can't remember what I beat Artorius at, but it wasn't long after getting the Lordvessel so probably between 40-50. I swear by Havel's Ring and DWGR for Artorius. Good evasion practice!

It depends on how hard you want to make it for yourself. For example, I am now faced with the headache of Ornstein +, because in a moment of utter lunacy I took down Smough in NG. Now I have a giant thrusting monster to take down before I can truly finish my task.

Insert your own inappropriate jokes.

Master of Tekisuto No Kabe. *bows*
    And you're reading this why?!

• FogHeart 23 Feb 2014 10:41:45 944 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    For a giant thrusting monster use the Standard Giant Cirumcision Position. Pressed against his stomach, try to use a medium/small weapon. His swings fall harmlessly behind you. Back away when he rises for a butt slam.
  • Kami 23 Feb 2014 11:01:51 2,429 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Circumcision performed successfully. His buttock slam was certainly the most painful part, as was learning to spot his telegraphed Unavoidable Electrifying Penetration Attack (to which I was regrettably not using the appropriate protection rings for, making it hurt like hell!).

Now to go and stare at Her Boobiness for a bit.

Master of Tekisuto No Kabe. *bows*
    And you're reading this why?!

• quadfather 23 Feb 2014 11:04:50 11,978 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dr_Mech wrote:
    Yeah Dark Souls does that, the only true way to break the hold is just to play the game to death via challenge runs, learning how to break the game completely and generally just dicking about in it all you can.

Having done whip runs, fist weapon runs, Soul Level 1 runs, fucktons of various build runs, I've been a Dark wraith red Devil and a Sunbro golden Angel and everything inbetween.

Even now, I still get pangs of hunger for some Dark Souls action, thankfully Ds2 is just so close now...less than a month to go...
    I'm in this boat. I still 'haven't had enough' of it. Still playing both my bk halberd character, and now I've got a strength/faith char going in demon's souls which I'm enjoying tremendously

/hopeless case

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Rajin 23 Feb 2014 11:34:36 619 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    going strenght faith now aswell, a divine claymore, halberd, crescent axe and in the end a buffed club are my aims.

Can anyone recommend me a better weapon that sits around 30 strenght which does not require high strenght? I know the black axe/sword are really good but that's more or less a gamble because you might not get them in them from those early Black Knights.

I would like a character around 30 faith, 30 strenght, 25 vit, 25 end, 14 dex and than some randomly assigned stats.

Damm on my first knight i got the balder side sword, its tempting to just go for that road once again....

Edited by Rajin at 11:51:08 23-02-2014
  • Architect_z 23 Feb 2014 14:59:34 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Rajin - My favourite Strength weapon in the game is the 'Large Club'.

To Obtain: It drops by killing the Infested Barbarians in Blightown. Its not the most frequent dropping thing in the game, you'll have plenty of dung pies before picking up the weapon itself.
    However, the club can be buffed, scales A with strength from the off, does high base damage, (also does Poison build up, which is good for PvP, but you'll normally kill most opponents before you poison them.)
    It has a good moveset, long range. The only problems you'll find is that its not a fast striking weapon, its a great-club, so it takes a while to swing it, but once you get the timings right its a great weapon.
    The 1-handed R2 attack is really useful.
    The 2-handed roll-attack is really quick if you need to evade and dispatch faster enemies.

Hope this was of use.
  • Rajin 23 Feb 2014 16:23:59 619 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Architect_z

Yes was first on my list, i did think that to get the most out of it 40 strenght is better?
  • Architect_z 23 Feb 2014 21:51:27 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Rajin - Anything between 40-50. My current PvP character has 50 strength, R2 attacks will kill most things in one swing at +15. Another good value of this weapon is it's weight, it has 11 weight, which is lighter than most of the great clubs and some of the ultra great swords.

Other weapons to consider:
    -Black Knight Greataxe (such a sweet weapon)
    -Demon's Great Machete
    -Demon's Great Axe
    -Dragon Tooth (thats what I used for my first playthrough)
    -Great Club
    -Grant (high stats needed/heavy)

I love the large club though, i've won over 200 invasions with it, its good against most enemies and I adore the versitility of the moveset (bar the 2-handed R2 attack, which is funny and very damaging, but never really that effective, due to being sooooo slow and not providing much in range. O and 2-handed jumping attack flattens enemies. ^_^)

Edited by Architect_z at 21:54:07 23-02-2014
  • FogHeart 23 Feb 2014 22:08:50 944 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    - I have the Dark Soul achievement. Yay.

- Five minutes before I got it I was invaded. I was sorting out two silver knights at the same time so in a spot of bother, instead of standing by and waiting for me he joined in. So, yeah, a bit deflated instead of elated.
  • mcmothercruncher 23 Feb 2014 22:19:38 6,771 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just shy of 1200 pages, is there a bigger game related thread on here?
  • VideoGameAddict25 23 Feb 2014 22:32:50 295 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Bought this game on the Xbox Marketplace for 3.74! :D
  • Tuffty 23 Feb 2014 23:24:01 1,550 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ^ For the amount of value within Dark Souls, it'll be the best 3.74 you'll ever spend!

Having a hard time getting past O&S as my pure magic user. Didn't put that many points into vitality/endurance so kind of struggling to get away from the pair of them at once. Just have to keep my distance but then my magic tends to go straight into Smough's hammer. Using my sword does miniscule damage too. Just need to be more patient I guess.

Edited by Tuffty at 23:24:47 23-02-2014
  • ubergine 24 Feb 2014 13:26:47 2,326 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I finally consulted a guide and made it through the tutorial level. Stab it its puckered asshole. Never would have thought of that.

The miles of stats and item stats with no explanation isn't a welcome kind of hard, it's just annoying. I bought some armor but I don't know if it is actually better than what I started with or not.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ubergine

• Page

of 1199 First / Last