Dark Souls Page 1172

• Page

of 1201 First / Last

• JonFE 16 Feb 2014 17:08:00 1,447 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Architect_z

Yes. Return to the asylum, go down from the nest to the door and on your left there's a narrow path that leads to Snuggly's nest. You hear him talking as you get near.
  • Architect_z 16 Feb 2014 17:52:56 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @JonFE - Ahhhhh, thankyou very much sir.
  • Architect_z 16 Feb 2014 17:54:19 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Moot_Point - I'm still a boss, just because I sometimes have trouble haggling with massive birds, doesn't mean I don't know how to smite people!!!
  • Moot_Point 16 Feb 2014 20:04:05 4,072 posts
    Seen 57 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Architect_z Snuggly isn't big though. You are mixing up a crow and the raven. Snuggly resides on a ledge quaddy would love to walk down drunk. ;)

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• andyc1980 16 Feb 2014 21:03:53 1,113 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Moot_Point never mind quaddy drunk. I've pressed b instead of start a few times while stood there sober. Also I seem to have picked up the quaddy curse with this character. Not a BSS in sight in over twenty hours.
  • FatsoJetson 16 Feb 2014 21:44:10 302 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @stryker1121 thanks. I'll keep a look out.

Also, any advice on this Covenant of Forest Hunters?

Is it worth joining when I don't have any real desire for PvP, and farming the guys behind the crest door seems too good an opportunity to lose?
  • stryker1121 16 Feb 2014 21:49:37 692 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @FatsoJetson I have not joined the forest covenant so cannot answer your question. Haven't even messed with the crest door, just went to the upper part of darkroot near the door where there are many evil trees and annoying NPC warriors.
  • FogHeart 16 Feb 2014 22:45:32 946 posts
    Seen 1 second
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's worth it, but only briefly, and not for PvP. After you join, just outside the ruin you meet Shiva. You can then find him at the bottom of the lift in the swamp where he sells weapons, a couple of which are of great use to DEX builds. After purchasing, you can bait a nearby creature to kill him and the nearby bodyguard - or if you are OK with having sin you can do it yourself. Shiva drops a good shield and the bodyguard a great ring, neither of which are available by any other means.
  • Moot_Point 16 Feb 2014 23:34:40 4,072 posts
    Seen 57 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    andyc1980 wrote:
    @Moot_Point never mind quaddy drunk. I've pressed b instead of start a few times while stood there sober. Also I seem to have picked up the quaddy curse with this character. Not a BSS in sight in over twenty hours.
    Every character I have ever made has got a BSS when I reach the burg church. Current character has 5.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• andyc1980 16 Feb 2014 23:40:13 1,113 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Moot_Point I had a few on my last character but none so far this time. Got everything else I can get from them but no sword. Going STR anyway so it doesn't really matter, plus i ditched it in favour of the uchi eventually anyway.
  • FatsoJetson 16 Feb 2014 23:54:41 302 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @FogHeart Can I not just join the Covenant, talk to Shiva then kill them straight away?

I already have the Uchi from the Merchant in the Burg, and there's nothing else Shiva has that I want.

As far as I can work out from the wikis, Sin isn't too much to worry about. Or am I missing something?
  • FogHeart 17 Feb 2014 00:27:03 946 posts
    Seen 1 second
    Registered 7 years ago
    If you kill Shiva immediately in the wood rather than in the swamp you don't get the ring his bodyguard has (he's not there in the wood). And believe me, you want that ring. I would not have been able to beat Kalameet, definitely the hardest boss in the game. Honestly, I'd buy a spare Uchi anyway, so that you can take it down an upgrade path that exploits the vulnerability of an enemy.

Sin can eventually come back at you, the Darkmoon Covenant invade 'sinners' for PvP. But really there'll be a hell of a lot of players with more sin than anyone killing NPCs.

Edited by FogHeart at 00:28:08 17-02-2014
  • stryker1121 17 Feb 2014 06:59:10 692 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    A bit confused on the Archives' layout: At the bonfire in the room by the fog door, is that upstairs bit the area where I just came from, or an entirely new area to explore?
  • FatsoJetson 17 Feb 2014 07:10:31 302 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @FogHeart Sounds sensible. Thanks.
  • MadCaddy13 17 Feb 2014 07:15:17 1,922 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @stryker1121
    I believe it is yeah
  • EMarkM 17 Feb 2014 08:01:30 3,174 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    FogHeart wrote:
    If you kill Shiva immediately in the wood rather than in the swamp you don't get the ring his bodyguard has (he's not there in the wood). And believe me, you want that ring. I would not have been able to beat Kalameet, definitely the hardest boss in the game...
    I actually got the ring without ever seeing them in the swamp.

My route was a bit convoluted, and went something like this:-

Join the covenant
    Leave by joining another one
    Rejoin
    Go to Darkroot with the intention of getting the Pharis bow
    Kill every phuqqa in sight, which resulted in me getting the ring as well as the hat, bow, etc.

So there's more than one method, as usual :)

Edited by EMarkM at 08:02:06 17-02-2014
  • Deleted user 17 February 2014 08:29:23
    FogHeart wrote:
    If you kill Shiva immediately in the wood rather than in the swamp you don't get the ring his bodyguard has (he's not there in the wood). And believe me, you want that ring.
    Not strictly true, I'm afraid to say.

You can kick the ninja off the ledge when you first see him in Darkroot. Quit/reload and the loot is there at your feet. Your next problem is running passed Shiva and out of the forest, but a Homeward Bone fixes that.
  • quadfather 17 Feb 2014 08:35:31 12,127 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    @Architect_z

What's happening when you try?
    When I drop something, I stand in the nest, if offers me to curl up like a ball.
    I drop item I want to trade, quit/reload. And basically my item has gone and theres nothing to pick up?
    Wrong nest init boss

Edited by quadfather at 08:41:21 17-02-2014

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• quadfather 17 Feb 2014 08:35:31 12,127 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Post deleted

• quadfather 17 Feb 2014 08:39:14 12,127 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    andyc1980 wrote:
    Annoying isn't it :)

Done the B button thing a fair few times too :)

• quadfather 17 Feb 2014 08:40:24 12,127 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ironlungs76 wrote:
    FogHeart wrote:
    If you kill Shiva immediately in the wood rather than in the swamp you don't get the ring his bodyguard has (he's not there in the wood). And believe me, you want that ring.

You can kick the ninja off the ledge when you first see him in Darkroot. Quit/reload and the loot is there at your feet. Your next problem is running passed Shiva and out of the forest, but a Homeward Bone fixes that.
    Yeah I've definitely got the ring from the forest straight off. Thief is there just set back a bit from Shiva, near the wall

• Architect_z 17 Feb 2014 12:51:09 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Moot_Point wrote:
    @Architect_z Snuggly isn't big though. You are mixing up a crow and the raven. Snuggly resides on a ledge quaddy would love to walk down drunk. ;)
    Big Bird / Midget it doesnt matter, I'm the boss of them all. ^_^
  • Deleted user 17 February 2014 16:26:56
    quadfather wrote:
    Ironlungs76 wrote:
    FogHeart wrote:

Yeah I've definitely got the ring from the forest straight off. Thief is there just set back a bit from Shiva, near the wall
    Sorry, just to clarify:

I meant getting it straight from the off. Run all the way to the forest via Hydra, join Covenant and hey-ho flip ring in 5 mins.

Seeing as it's largely shite for most decent builds these days, who cares?
  • quadfather 17 Feb 2014 18:18:06 12,127 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's still viable for light builds. Though it's more of a cosmetic than anything else I suppose

• robc84 17 Feb 2014 19:13:47 5,611 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I went out of my way to get it. Never used it. Looks cool and that, but little practical use imo.

Much more useful rings out there...
  • Lotos8ter 17 Feb 2014 19:39:05 2,359 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @robc84 - it was heavily nerfed in the last title update. Before then it was regularly (ab)used for the additional movement speed and extra invincibility frames that it gives. It was overpowered for a good while. Now its rather meh.

Fiat Lux

• quadfather 17 Feb 2014 19:45:35 12,127 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It was a bit daft though. Full black iron set flipping about like a lunatic

• Dr_Mech 18 Feb 2014 10:57:58 1,024 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    It's still viable for light builds. Though it's more of a cosmetic than anything else I suppose
    Actually not just cosmetic, little known fact, the ninja flip actually has a larger number of invincibility frames and a faster recovery time than a standard roll.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 10:58:06 18-02-2014
  • f311 18 Feb 2014 11:11:00 248 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Anyone fancy giving me a hand with Sif?

This is my second character that im going through with....first time around i had no problems, this time it just one shots me through a shield!
  • Architect_z 18 Feb 2014 11:38:08 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    DWGR: I'd say I've survived many encounters with the flip ring on. Even in PvP. You can flip through the pyro Fire Tempest, (not that you'd want to).

In PvE its a very handy ring to have for boss fights in my opinion, but you guys are right, its only really useable on naked/light builds.

EDIT: And in all honesty, I'd happily have a normal fast roll and the use of another ring.

Edited by Architect_z at 11:41:58 18-02-2014
  • Page

of 1201 First / Last