Snow?
    Where was there snow?
    painted world or ariamis

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• EMarkM 25 Jan 2014 18:16:20 3,318 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    Wonder how many players never find it...
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Snow?
    Where was there snow?
    One. Ha ha ha ha...

/SesameCount
  • robc84 25 Jan 2014 18:34:50 5,980 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    @robc84 is nudeybollocks down yet?
    Not had another attempt yet. Will hopefully get a few (or hopefully 1) goes tonight...
  • quadfather 25 Jan 2014 18:48:18 13,173 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hmm. Well I got the armour I wanted and it looks a bit shat to be honest.

I'm now going for shadow gauntlets and leggings, and balder armour with a steel helm.

That looks far better plus balances out physical protection and resistances a bit more.

Now I just need a million souls and a fuckton of twinkling titanite and shards

ONWARDS

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• EMarkM 25 Jan 2014 18:50:38 3,318 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @quadfather Which armour was it?
  • Moot_Point 25 Jan 2014 18:51:08 4,495 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @quadfather Sounds like you need "The Cave"! :D

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• EMarkM 25 Jan 2014 18:59:18 3,318 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Interestingly, history tells us that The Cave was carved out of the surrounding crystal by darkwraith slaves, using the only tool that was easily found everywhere in embarrassing abundance: the Balder Side Sword.
  • Moot_Point 25 Jan 2014 19:10:26 4,495 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hehe! :D

================================================================================

• robc84 25 Jan 2014 19:32:58 5,980 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    Interestingly, history tells us that The Cave was carved out of the surrounding crystal by darkwraith slaves, using the only tool that was easily found everywhere in embarrassing abundance: the Balder Side Sword.
    Poor quad!

So mark, are you officially a vet now?
  • damagedinc 25 Jan 2014 19:35:08 945 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Hoping to complete this weekend, been watching some of the speed runs. Insane.
  • robc84 25 Jan 2014 19:50:58 5,980 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    This weekend will be beyond me. But hopefully next. Better start preparing my thank you post! :D
  • quadfather 25 Jan 2014 20:01:43 13,173 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You lot are a bunch of cunts :)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Moot_Point 25 Jan 2014 20:11:49 4,495 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Useful for something then, eh quad! ;)

• crashVoodoo 25 Jan 2014 21:01:23 3,979 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @quadfather would you have it any other way?

You know deep inside you like the attention ;-)

• EMarkM 25 Jan 2014 21:15:25 3,318 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    EMarkM wrote:
    Poor quad!

So mark, are you officially a vet now?
    I don't think Quaddy will officially admit to that, given the quality comedy material above ;)

Have to get Architect to initiate me!
  • Moot_Point 25 Jan 2014 21:24:46 4,495 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Is he that kinky though Mark? Hmmmm....

• EMarkM 25 Jan 2014 21:47:16 3,318 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Heh :D
  • robc84 25 Jan 2014 21:54:41 5,980 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I think you need to have completed demon's to be classed as a true vet ;-)

Didn't get on tonight as my boy decided that bedtime is overrated and he'd rather stay up with mum and dad. When he's older I'll tell him how he stopped me defeating seath....
  • EMarkM 25 Jan 2014 21:58:34 3,318 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @robc84 Yes, he will need to understand the grave implications of his actions one day.
  • robc84 25 Jan 2014 22:05:58 5,980 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @EMarkM

Indeed. Actions must have consequences. I mean he is 18 months old. He should really understand dark souls by now :)
  • EMarkM 25 Jan 2014 22:09:51 3,318 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    :D
  • crashVoodoo 25 Jan 2014 23:23:13 3,979 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So bigSteve the wander has a BK Halberd ;-)

• modula 26 Jan 2014 01:52:18 264 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    four kings down in one! Piece of cake
  • stryker1121 26 Jan 2014 07:17:08 745 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Qeulaag dusted, most satisfying after the hell of Blighttown. Naturally I have questions :D

-How do I get back to Firelink w/o taking the long way back? I'm trying to head upwards (where the poison dart guys are) and get out that way, but could not find a path out. Is the area where Q's sister resides a viable exit?

-Is Quelaag's furysword worth it for a high-dex character?

-Deciding on where to next. Sen's Fortress seems the way to go, but is there any side-questy areas I could explore? Was thinking about heading into that area below the 2nd bell just to see what's what.

Thanks in advance, as usual. Not to get all misty eyed but this is a great community. Much saint-like patience around here. And congrats EMark for finishing the fight!
  • EMarkM 26 Jan 2014 07:25:48 3,318 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @stryker1121 Cheers :)

Couple of things:-

There's a shortcut back to Firelink from the Swamp, very close to the lovely Quelaag's island - you seen that wooden structure?

Have you thoroughly explored the Swamp area?

There's something you will know to mention in response to that question if you have ;)

I missed out on the Fury sword, but it is supposedly excellent for a Dex build.

I tentatively explored some of the "hot" area near to Quelaag's, but it is dangerous and you are physically restricted from going too far at this stage. I recommend doing what I did: get as far as the first boss, as there is some excellent, although limited, armour near to there.

• robc84 26 Jan 2014 07:51:27 5,980 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @stryker1121

Well done on quelaag!

Yes you need to head a long way up and eventually you'll see a tunnel leading out of blighty!

Quelaag's fury sword is an excellent weapon. However, I think a +15 katana or bss will outperform it. At your stage of the game it will be awesome, esp in darkroot area!
  • retro74 26 Jan 2014 08:38:45 281 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Furysword +5 is easily the best weapon in NG, easy to upgrade too as no slab required

With 10 soft humanity is has about 500 standard damage stat with my level 30 character, nothing else really comes close
  • crashVoodoo 26 Jan 2014 08:41:35 3,979 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    modula wrote:
    four kings down in one! Piece of cake
    Well done mod, they're apparently quite a fucker if you're not prepared for them.  You're motoring now, what do you have left now?

• Dr_Mech 26 Jan 2014 08:47:54 1,047 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    stryker1121 wrote:
    For anything not outright immune or resistant to fire it is the bees knees, get yourself a lightning weapon to cover the other elemental weapon bases and you're golden.

Apart from the DLC where elemental weapons are laughed at and about as effective as hitting a man in full plate mail with a lollipop.
  • crashVoodoo 26 Jan 2014 08:48:01 3,979 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    stryker1121 wrote:
    Qeulaag dusted, most satisfying after the hell of Blighttown. Naturally I have questions :D

-How do I get back to Firelink w/o taking the long way back? I'm trying to head upwards (where the poison dart guys are) and get out that way, but could not find a path out. Is the area where Q's sister resides a viable exit?

-Deciding on where to next. Sen's Fortress seems the way to go, but is there any side-questy areas I could explore? Was thinking about heading into that area below the 2nd bell just to see what's what.

Thanks in advance, as usual. Not to get all misty eyed but this is a great community. Much saint-like patience around here. And congrats EMark for finishing the fight!
    There's 2 routes into the top of blighttown. Guessing you entered via the depths?  You can exit using the wooden 'thing' that Mark mentioned.

There is something of value to find around this area as well if you haven't found it.

There is a large secret area down in blighty involving secret walls revealing something is actually 'hollow'. Marks alluding to it but I thought I'd throw a cryptic clue in.

Exit via the sister to demon ruins, might not be viable just yet but you could explore and see for yourself. Can always come back, spend your souls first... you know... just in case :-)

• Page

of 1217 First / Last