Dark Souls Page 1099

• Page

of 1201 First / Last

• damagedinc 22 Jan 2014 22:30:25 759 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    Also cant figure what that lever does and its bugging me....
    Where you at now? I quite enjoyed this area. Lightening spear worked a treat.
  • quadfather 22 Jan 2014 22:31:58 12,145 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    What area?!

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• robc84 22 Jan 2014 22:38:39 5,619 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Archives. There is a lever near where logan is trapped. Not sure what it does and I haven't been able to rescue him yet.

I then went through the big door at the top. Now I'm in a massive library and not really sure where I'm going. Loads of archers and the other little dudes. Few mage guys around for good measure. Quite a fun area though!
  • Mr_Sleep 22 Jan 2014 22:42:47 17,067 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The lever is there for the alarm that gets the blue octupus things on the move

I always get a bit lost in DA, especially once I have the key to rescue Logan. Worth doing that btw.

You are a factory of sadness.

• robc84 22 Jan 2014 22:47:34 5,619 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    But they are all dead by the time I get there anyway. So its just for the snakemen to use really?

Cant find the key to rescue logan. Is it in that area somewhere?
  • Mr_Sleep 22 Jan 2014 22:53:35 17,067 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah, it's an alarm that the snakemen use to alert them when you first escape your cell. Also, they're all dead? Did you not kill them as they piled up the stairs?

The key is within DA but not close to Logan. It's in a chest somewhere, if you don't find it after exploring the entire archives them give us a shout

Edited by Mr_Sleep at 22:54:18 22-01-2014

• BernieLentils 22 Jan 2014 22:56:22 43 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I was convinced Dark Souls and I were never going to get on. But after succumbing to the sadistic charms of Spelunky, reading this thread, and the fact it's 3.74 this week on Xbox Live, I'm currently downloading.

So thank you all for your infectious enthusiasm,thank you Quadfather and fellow contributors for the beginner's guide, and curse the lot of you for the no doubt often infuriating moments which lie ahead.
  • JonFE 22 Jan 2014 22:58:20 1,448 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @robc84

The key is in a room that's near the library "through the big door at the top" as you describe, but not accessible at first. You have to solve the "riddle" of these library rooms and get access to all floors on both sides in order to reach it. Cannot avoid to reach this hidden room too, as it opens the next area.
  • andyc1980 22 Jan 2014 23:07:48 1,113 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    damagedinc wrote:

Played nearly 70 games this generation however it took an xbox sale for 3 pounds for me to find prob my favorite gaming experiance in quite some time.
    My thoughts exactly. I wish I'd picked it up a lot earlier now. Pre ordering 2 tomorrow.

Oh and which clever dick decided to make those thin walkways in Blighty move when I'm on them. Cheers cuntbastard!

Edited by andyc1980 at 23:15:17 22-01-2014
  • TheCrane 23 Jan 2014 00:17:08 97 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Have there ever been any attempts in this thread to organise a fight club? If we picked a fairly obscure location and used dscfix we could probably have a fine evening's duelling :)
  • RockmanBluesX 23 Jan 2014 00:44:45 1,451 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Post deleted
  • SomaticSense 23 Jan 2014 00:47:56 8,321 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dark Souls for 3 quid is the biggest bargain since Ken Bates bought Chelsea for 1.
  • Trafford 23 Jan 2014 01:09:46 5,791 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nice little guide that quadfather. Have to agree, DA is a brutal fun house.

Good to be back on this game, quite a few "moments" today.
    Taking on Taurus first thing, and slaying him in about a minute.
    Hearing the bell ring in the Parish and remembering what that's all about.
    The shame of cheesing the boar in front of my son, then watching him get himself summoned for a Gargoyle fight and beating off an invader two handed with a Claymore.
    He nearly did it but the host carked it :(

Edited by Trafford at 01:28:28 23-01-2014
  • Dr_Mech 23 Jan 2014 04:15:08 1,026 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    @Dr_Mech

Never mind all this bss malarky, go back a page and give some input to the document I'm creating for dark souls tips
    Tis a mighty and grim tome ye be creating Quaddy but good and with a little tinkering will be nifty for Dark Souls 2, which I'm getting the feeling will see many a new player requiring your wisdom.

Don't know why ye asking for my input though, you're the resident Dark Souls/Demon's Souls expert, I'm just some schmuck who knows roughly what he is talking about.

Edit:
    Also in other news, I have now seen all four types of Vagrant in Dark Souls, admittedly the last type was when I was round a mates (it was the white good type), the other three I've seen in my own games.

So yes Dark Souls life goal complete.

For the newbies among you this is what a Vagrant is. Seeing one is the equivilent of catching sight of Bigfoot, seeing all four, while ultimately a pointless task and does nothing for you as a player, is something I feel I can brag about...and the sign of me having played Dark Souls far too much.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 05:38:04 23-01-2014
  • EMarkM 23 Jan 2014 07:15:22 3,174 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @BernieLentils You are most welcome.

TO THE SUFFERING

Ahem.
  • EMarkM 23 Jan 2014 07:16:27 3,174 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    andyc1980 wrote:
    Oh and which clever dick decided to make those thin walkways in Blighty move when I'm on them. Cheers cuntbastard!
    :D
  • EMarkM 23 Jan 2014 07:21:11 3,174 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Dr_Mech Cool. I had heard of Vagrants but not understood them at all before.
  • robc84 23 Jan 2014 08:44:40 5,619 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Yeah, it's an alarm that the snakemen use to alert them when you first escape your cell. Also, they're all dead? Did you not kill them as they piled up the stairs?

The key is within DA but not close to Logan. It's in a chest somewhere, if you don't find it after exploring the entire archives them give us a shout
    What I mean is, when I get to the lever, I have already killed all the octopus head things. So the lever does nothing!

Liking DA so far. Enemies are not particularly tough, but there is lots of them. Some ranged battles too which makes a change.

Built up lots of souls though, but don't really want to rest at a bonfire just yet as I don't want to have to clear the whole area again!
  • Architect_z 23 Jan 2014 09:10:29 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    TheCrane wrote:
    Have there ever been any attempts in this thread to organise a fight club? If we picked a fairly obscure location and used dscfix we could probably have a fine evening's duelling :)
    It sounds like a great idea. I'd love to duel some of you fools. Especially quad, we could have a prize. A b.s.s. for the winner. ^_^
  • Architect_z 23 Jan 2014 09:20:49 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Dr_Mech - I've completed the game 11-12 times, and i've never once seen a Vagrant. I feel like its the only thing left to achieve in the game, but theres no way to find one.
    It really is like seeing bigfoot.
  • AcidSnake 23 Jan 2014 09:32:33 7,273 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yes, yes, I saw a vagrant once, who wants to touch me?...

I said, who wants to touch me?!

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• TenderChicken 23 Jan 2014 09:52:21 1,136 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Dr_Mech I love things like this about the game. It's so deep and still a genuine mystery, even with the collective hive mind of the internet working on it.

I'm really regretting getting rid of both of my 360 and PS3 - I might have to get one back for DS2.

PSN: TenderChicken
    Xbox Live: TenderChicken1

• Moot_Point 23 Jan 2014 10:09:55 4,087 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Dr_Mech wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    @Dr_Mech

Never mind all this bss malarky, go back a page and give some input to the document I'm creating for dark souls tips
    Tis a mighty and grim tome ye be creating Quaddy but good and with a little tinkering will be nifty for Dark Souls 2, which I'm getting the feeling will see many a new player requiring your wisdom.

Don't know why ye asking for my input though, you're the resident Dark Souls/Demon's Souls expert, I'm just some schmuck who knows roughly what he is talking about.

Edit:
    Also in other news, I have now seen all four types of Vagrant in Dark Souls, admittedly the last type was when I was round a mates (it was the white good type), the other three I've seen in my own games.

So yes Dark Souls life goal complete.

For the newbies among you this is what a Vagrant is. Seeing one is the equivilent of catching sight of Bigfoot, seeing all four, while ultimately a pointless task and does nothing for you as a player, is something I feel I can brag about...and the sign of me having played Dark Souls far too much.
    I used to drop duplicates of armour items online all the time. Nice to finally learn what they could have created in someone else's world.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• quadfather 23 Jan 2014 10:12:55 12,145 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    BernieLentils wrote:
    I was convinced Dark Souls and I were never going to get on. But after succumbing to the sadistic charms of Spelunky, reading this thread, and the fact it's 3.74 this week on Xbox Live, I'm currently downloading.

So thank you all for your infectious enthusiasm,thank you Quadfather and fellow contributors for the beginner's guide, and curse the lot of you for the no doubt often infuriating moments which lie ahead.
    Anytime.

And welcome to that party, pal :)

• quadfather 23 Jan 2014 10:13:52 12,145 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Dr_Mech

I was thinking of your experience with weapon upgrades, calculations etc. Get contributing!

• Mr_Sleep 23 Jan 2014 10:44:13 17,067 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    What I mean is, when I get to the lever, I have already killed all the octopus head things. So the lever does nothing!
    I see. It seems like sometimes the alarm, although set off by the snakemen doesn't actually trigger the script that causes the enemy to come up the stairs. On different play throughs it has and hasn't caused them to run up the stairs to investigate. That's probably why it seemed strange to you.

• modula 23 Jan 2014 10:45:54 252 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Quick question; do you ever get the chance to sell unwanted weapons / armour? My inventory is irritatingly jammed with shit i will never use, but don't want to drop stuff and kick myself later when desperate for souls...

Also, fuck duke's archives; keep getting stuck in the first room despite having a sweet lightning battle axe; it's that cunting archer and the sorcerer landing cheap shots from miles away while I pick off the crystal dudes. Doesn't help that whenever I get grief I throw my toys out the pram and go a'farmin' for cool stuff!
  • robc84 23 Jan 2014 10:47:42 5,619 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Mr_Sleep Some of them ran up the stairs. Was funny watching the snakemen run away!

There were also a couple about halfway down and about four at the bottom.

I know the lever was pulled by the snakeman in the cut scene, but I assumed that as I could also pull it, that it did something. Like open a door or something. Obviously not :)
  • Mr_Sleep 23 Jan 2014 10:50:43 17,067 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You don't really get to sell stuff but there is the opportunity to trade much of it for souls later on. Talk to a certain smelly creature and he'll trade for meagre souls. Oh and there's experimentation with Snuggly but I have never really bothered with that too much.

You should buy the bottomless box as that's the best way to store stuff as you can put stuff in there when at a bonfire.

• Mr_Sleep 23 Jan 2014 10:51:48 17,067 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @robc84 All it does is make that annoying noise that sounds like something I used to make when pissing about with sequencers!

• Page

of 1201 First / Last