Dark Souls Page 1097

  • Page

    of 1195 First / Last

  • AcidSnake 22 Jan 2014 15:07:30 7,214 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @quadfather:
    Noticed you're talking about covenants in there but I'm not sure a beginner knows what they are/mean...

    So...
    Covenants:
    Throughout the game you can establish covenants with NPCs. This basically means you're offering your help to the NPC, their way of life or their deity.
    Entering in a covenant could give you specific weapons/items.
    Covenants have three levels of membership with possible rewards for leveling up. Leveling up is determined on a per covenant basis.

    Any more would be spoilerish?

    AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

  • quadfather 22 Jan 2014 15:17:05 11,856 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, I'll put that in and the fact that you lose covenant benefits if you chop and change covenants. It kinda alludes to that in-game anyway

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • quadfather 22 Jan 2014 15:21:08 11,856 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Latest

    Stupid google+ - have to keep re-sharing it after an update.

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • EMarkM 22 Jan 2014 15:55:44 3,173 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @stryker1121 Re: curse avoidance. Learn it. You're going to meet other enemies with similar attacks.

    When you see them building up to it (don't forget; this game is all about tells) jump back.

    But, better, charge in with a quick flurry of attacks of your own while they're still building it up.

    Practice this; you'll thank me :)
  • quadfather 22 Jan 2014 15:56:54 11,856 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Or just ignore them :)

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • EMarkM 22 Jan 2014 15:57:13 3,173 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @quadfather Excellent non-spoiler guide. If I think of anything else, I'll let you know.

    Thanks for taking the time :)
  • EMarkM 22 Jan 2014 15:58:32 3,173 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Or just ignore them :)
    Yeah, if you haven't got a BSS for some reason, you could do that.

    I guess.
  • stryker1121 22 Jan 2014 16:04:37 666 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @quadfather I killed the rat with fire and a handful of regular arrows--probably wasted some arrows on it but there you are. I picked up the spider shield from that area, then instead of going down that slope, I went the other way down a narrow corridor at the opposite end of the rat room. That's where I fell into the frog pit.

    Edited by stryker1121 at 16:07:45 22-01-2014
  • quadfather 22 Jan 2014 16:05:51 11,856 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    stryker1121 wrote:
    @quadfather I killed the rat with fire and a handful of regular arrows--probably wasted some arrows on it but there you are. I picked up the spider shield from that area, then instead of going down that slope, I went the other way down a narrow corridor at the opposite end of the rat room. That's where I fell into the frog pit.
    Right, so now you know what to do instead of falling into that pit :)

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • quadfather 22 Jan 2014 16:06:34 11,856 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Or just ignore them :)
    Yeah, if you haven't got a BSS for some reason, you could do that.

    I guess.
    I suppose. I don't know anyone that hasn't got one though. Do you?

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • EMarkM 22 Jan 2014 16:06:54 3,173 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @stryker1121 You're going to be seeing a lot of the backside of that shield.

    Take good care of it...
  • EMarkM 22 Jan 2014 16:07:37 3,173 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    EMarkM wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Or just ignore them :)
    Yeah, if you haven't got a BSS for some reason, you could do that.

    I guess.
    I suppose. I don't know anyone that hasn't got one though. Do you?
    I'll swap one of my spares for...ooh, a PS3?
  • Architect_z 22 Jan 2014 16:07:57 2,374 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I love curse frogs. They rule!!!
  • EMarkM 22 Jan 2014 16:08:16 3,173 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Then you'll have one and can stop pretending.
  • quadfather 22 Jan 2014 16:09:43 11,856 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Even screenshots and LIVE VIDEO's won't convince you fuckers

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • stryker1121 22 Jan 2014 16:11:09 666 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Also picked up a large ember from the area with the butcher and two dogs. Would it be wise to ascend the weapon i'm using immediately(+5 scimitar) or should I wait for something better? My guy is dex focused btw.
  • EMarkM 22 Jan 2014 16:14:27 3,173 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Even screenshots and LIVE VIDEO's won't convince you fuckers
    The Quaddy Curse was found writ in stone in the Duke's Archive's.

    It will never be broken!
  • EMarkM 22 Jan 2014 16:15:42 3,173 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    stryker1121 wrote:
    Also picked up a large ember from the area with the butcher and two dogs. Would it be wise to ascend the weapon i'm using immediately(+5 scimitar) or should I wait for something better? My guy is dex focused btw.
    Give the ember to André and get what you've got upgraded: he will have it forever, so it doesn't get "wasted".
  • Architect_z 22 Jan 2014 16:15:55 2,374 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @stryker1121 - Have you upgraded any other weapons as of yet?

    Depends on what you're comfortable using. If you're a DEX build, I would look for a Balder Side Sword (good luck with that), a Katana of some sort, or a rapier if you enjoy backstabs/ripostes

    O and...Theres a Katana in an area you unlock after the Depths

    Edited by Architect_z at 16:19:00 22-01-2014
  • quadfather 22 Jan 2014 16:24:14 11,856 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    Nice work Quad :)
    Cheers. There must be more tips but my brain can't think of any. Can you think of any more?

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • quadfather 22 Jan 2014 16:24:56 11,856 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Even screenshots and LIVE VIDEO's won't convince you fuckers
    The Quaddy Curse was found writ in stone in the Duke's Archive's.

    It will never be broken!
    Fuck the dukes archive, fuck the bss and fuck you lot!

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • robc84 22 Jan 2014 16:28:48 5,319 posts
    Seen 59 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    @stryker1121 - Have you upgraded any other weapons as of yet?

    Depends on what you're comfortable using. If you're a DEX build, I would look for a Balder Side Sword (good luck with that), a Katana of some sort, or a rapier if you enjoy backstabs/ripostes

    O and...Theres a Katana in an area you unlock after the Depths
    Yeah get yourself a katana. They are awesome. BSS's are overrated, right Quad?
  • quadfather 22 Jan 2014 16:31:08 11,856 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    /twitch

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • robc84 22 Jan 2014 16:31:38 5,319 posts
    Seen 59 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    robc84 wrote:
    Nice work Quad :)
    Cheers. There must be more tips but my brain can't think of any. Can you think of any more?
    Not sure I'm the right person to be asking about that :)

    Did you mention about the critical's, backstabs and parry / ripostes? I can't remember without re-reading it.

    Or is that something better left to find out for yourself?
  • quadfather 22 Jan 2014 16:32:51 11,856 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    No didn't mention parry. Good point,I'll update it

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • stryker1121 22 Jan 2014 16:47:51 666 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Architect_z My only other upgraded weapon is a +4 battle axe. I used it early on as it did solid damage, but want something lighter now that I'm going with a DEX build.

    Edited by stryker1121 at 16:48:11 22-01-2014
  • robc84 22 Jan 2014 16:51:18 5,319 posts
    Seen 59 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Scimitar is a decent weapon, and can be made into a really good 'special' weapon later on. So it's worth upgrading IMO.
  • Architect_z 22 Jan 2014 16:56:29 2,374 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    Scimitar is a decent weapon, and can be made into a really good 'special' weapon later on. So it's worth upgrading IMO.
    It Can??? Trying to remember what weapon.....Oooo!
    The orangey one
  • robc84 22 Jan 2014 16:59:33 5,319 posts
    Seen 59 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Architect_z

    You use a certain soul from a certain boss with a large chest and eight legs!

    And yes, it makes lovely orange stuff when it hits :)
  • damagedinc 22 Jan 2014 17:19:53 691 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The dark souls mystery continues haha.

    Spent the best part of three hours yesterday trying to defeat seath the scaless.

    Come back from work today, first go just leg it round the clamshells of death and first time defeat him without landing a single hit on me.

    Mental
  • Page

    of 1195 First / Last

Log in or register to reply