of 1198 First / Last

• JonFE 13 Jan 2014 19:45:35 1,442 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @B0rked_Gamer
    B0rked_Gamer wrote:
    aw no new page hang on

LoL!

Is the 99 great heavy soul arrows some kind of mod?
  • EMarkM 13 Jan 2014 20:15:33 3,173 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    Thanks chaps; I think I'll try to find Oola :)
    Nope, her sign is definitely not here :(

I'm human (although I'm told you don't actually have to be) and have quit & reloaded several times.

She's just not here, and I really wanted that Light miracle.
  • EMarkM 13 Jan 2014 20:18:30 3,173 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hmmm.

There's a blue thing where I rescued her, though. That wasn't here before.

What gives?
  • JonFE 13 Jan 2014 20:24:38 1,442 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @EMarkM

Where exactly is this "blue thing"? Is it in the water where you found the golem? If so, do you have the DLC installed, because that's the entrance...

Edit: As for the summon sign, it should be on the shore next to a small rock.

Edited by JonFE at 20:26:14 13-01-2014
  • EMarkM 13 Jan 2014 20:25:48 3,173 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @JonFE YES :)

Is Oola in there? :)

:: happy thoughts and crossed fingers ::
  • EMarkM 13 Jan 2014 20:32:27 3,173 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Warped away, came back, couple more reloads, no sign :(

Just doing ninja flips now while I think...
  • JonFE 13 Jan 2014 20:32:50 1,442 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @EMarkM

According to the wiki (with the DLC installed, perhaps?) after you acquire and place the lordvessel, the summon sign disappears and re-appears after you finish the main DLC events.
  • EMarkM 13 Jan 2014 20:36:41 3,173 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @JonFE Just looked at a wiki myself.

Apparently her sign becomes unavailable after you get the pendant that unlocks the DLC, which I obviously now have.

Doesn't explain why I couldn't see it before, but ho-hum.

So, do I try the DLC in order to find her and the Light spell, or do I take another look at Demon Ruins and see how far in the shiny hat is?
  • EMarkM 13 Jan 2014 20:46:39 3,173 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    On the plus side, back in Tomb of the Big-Boned now, and pushy bastard is back - he must have survived the skeleton attack!
  • EMarkM 13 Jan 2014 21:03:48 3,173 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well, forgave him and had a short mooch around with my stupid lantern :(

Not a fruitless evening, though: I now have my Ring of Fog :evil:
  • crashVoodoo 13 Jan 2014 21:09:20 3,858 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I never got the chance to forgive him, he'll I never got a chance to speak to him as I speared him right off the edge.

I was twitchy, it was dark :-\

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• JonFE 13 Jan 2014 21:12:24 1,442 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @EMarkM

Keep in mind that TotG is *doable* with just the lantern; I have done it (twice) and I'm sure you can too. ;)

Edited by JonFE at 21:13:09 13-01-2014
  • puddleduck 13 Jan 2014 21:23:00 1,853 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    First time I was there I did it without a lantern.

It was hell, yet I look back at it with good memories filled with dread.
  • EMarkM 13 Jan 2014 21:25:46 3,173 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @JonFE Well, I don't fancy Demon's Ruins again any time soon, and I did get pretty far in the Tomb without a shield - just up to a Black Knight type chappie but no further.

I think I'll just try to find the boss, should there be one, and any shinies I might spot on the way, and run past where I can like Quaddy suggested.
  • EMarkM 13 Jan 2014 21:26:53 3,173 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @puddleduck Heh, I DEFINITELY wouldn't fancy that!
  • JonFE 13 Jan 2014 21:26:56 1,442 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That's a plan!
  • puddleduck 13 Jan 2014 21:35:26 1,853 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'd say you could easily leave ToTG to the end unless you're faith based. If only because I can't think off the top of my head whether the rewards on offer are as enticing as the other Lord Souls areas unless you're going to use faith miracles.

Edited by puddleduck at 21:36:10 13-01-2014
  • Bauul 13 Jan 2014 21:46:28 136 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The "easiest" way to get the light-hat from the Demon Ruins is to join the Daughter of Chaos covenant just after Queelag, offer a shed load of Humanity to boost your covenant level (I think it's 20) and it opens a shortcut to get you the light-hat from halfway through the Demon Ruins.

Personally the first I played the game, TToTG was literally the last place I did, so I had the light-hat long before attempting it. There are lots of other places to try,

As for doing the DLC in order to get Oola to reappear, be aware the DLC is a big area, with a good 10-20 hours gameplay (if not more). If you're going to attempt it, do it because you want to do the DLC, not because you want a single spell! :)
  • EMarkM 13 Jan 2014 21:48:58 3,173 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Bauul Cheers and thanks for all the info.

I shall consider my plans most carefully before my next session :)
  • breedob 13 Jan 2014 21:50:29 467 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bauul wrote:
    The "easiest" way to get the light-hat from the Demon Ruins is to join the Daughter of Chaos covenant just after Queelag, offer a shed load of Humanity to boost your covenant level (I think it's 20) and it opens a shortcut to get you the light-hat from halfway through the Demon Ruins.

Personally the first I played the game, TToTG was literally the last place I did, so I had the light-hat long before attempting it. There are lots of other places to try,

As for doing the DLC in order to get Oola to reappear, be aware the DLC is a big area, with a good 10-20 hours gameplay (if not more). If you're going to attempt it, do it because you want to do the DLC, not because you want a single spell! :)
    It's 30 humanity you need to give her I think. U get a miracle when you've given it all. I didn't even realise that the area I'd opened was the shortcut.

Dlc definitely worth doing but is difficult! Especially on your own..
  • Bauul 13 Jan 2014 22:03:03 136 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @breedob Ah, 30, thanks.

Agreed on the DLC, some of the bosses there are crazy difficult by yourself.

That said, the final DLC boss rapidly became my favourite of all the bosses. I was so, so chuffed when I finally beat him (on my own too!).
  • Bauul 13 Jan 2014 22:15:44 136 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @EMarkM When I played the DLC, I certainly didn't do it all in one go. As you can warp in and out of it at will, I often found it was somewhere I went back to during the course of the main game to make a little bit more progress. In the end, doing the last bit of the DLC was the last thing I did before heading to the main-quest end-game areas.

What I'm trying in-eloquently to say is don't worry about poking your head into the DLC to see what's what, you're not trapped there or anything.

Regarding the main-quest, as I'm sure many people have said before me it's up to you what order you do the four areas once you've got the Lord Vessel.

The order that worked for me was (initials to avoid spoilers)
    - D.A.
    - N.L.R.
    - D.R.
    - TToTG
  • B0rked_Gamer 13 Jan 2014 23:08:31 2,527 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've been watching some of that guy peeve peeverson and oh my god the shotel is bullshit. Thankfully I haven't come across anyone in pvp using that but just as a concept a weapon that can bypass armour is pure bs.

What is the point of using a tank build if someone can just do that? I'm mad tight just watching the shotel shenanigans. Fucking Hell. :mad:
  • DodgyPast 13 Jan 2014 23:30:11 8,435 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    Thanks chaps; I think I'll try to find Oola :)
    Be sure to kill all the ice golems before summoning her.

Just as I was buying the light spell a Golem crunched both of us and she disappeared.

Not sure if a return to a bonfire and her location will respawn her.
  • B0rked_Gamer 14 Jan 2014 01:45:46 2,527 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ooooh just encountered a rather nasty player who fuckin' killed me in one hit, cursed me, put an egg in my head and put me back to lv1. That was all for nought though because I have dsfix backing up my saves. :D

He was just walking around acting weird and I think was Swedish.

Hm!
  • Mr_Sleep 14 Jan 2014 01:50:13 16,921 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Wow, that makes the hacker I had with infinite regenerating health seem like peon in comparison. I can see the attraction of doing that once as it is kind of sickly funny but presumably it is a consistent thing for said Swede.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Bauul 14 Jan 2014 01:55:12 136 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @B0rked_Gamer Wow, that's not good! It's especially worrying that stuff like your level can be easily accessed and changed by another player. Was this PC or console? If it's PC it's kind of less surprising I suppose.
  • B0rked_Gamer 14 Jan 2014 02:14:16 2,527 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah PC. If you're playing on PC it is essential to have dsfix backing up your saves. Mr. Swede probably thought he'd ruined my character but all he did was waste 30 seconds of my time. It's not cool for folk who don't know about dsfix though. :/
  • Futaba 14 Jan 2014 02:42:56 3,496 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gone back to The Witcher since I completed Dark Souls because I never got round to finishing it first time. It really can't hold my attention in the same way though, I keep thinking about Dark Souls the whole time like some obessed lover who can't let go of an ex :(

@B0rked_Gamer
    Thank fuck I made it through the (PC) game without that guy or a similar hacker invading. Kinda glad I was only Human form inconsistently, though I'll def download that fix for my NG+.

Edited by Futaba at 02:43:21 14-01-2014

As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a ninja.

• Moot_Point 14 Jan 2014 03:55:02 3,960 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    How early do other people do the Catacombs. I think I might have left it a bit late in the game. There is quite a good reward for taking down pinwheel, the rite of kindling.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• Page

of 1198 First / Last