Dark Souls Page 1062

• Page

of 1190 First / Last

• quadfather 11 Jan 2014 16:15:24 10,547 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think 40 is one of the break points. If I want poise for whatever reason, I just put the wolf ring on and be done with it

In fact, I don't think I ever use medium or heavy armour because I'm such a nimble whore. I just have the odd bit with hollow soldier stuff + gargoyle helm I think

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• damagedinc 11 Jan 2014 16:20:47 629 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    @damagedinc

Closer than you'd think. Stay focused, because you're nearly there!
    Made it to the iron gollum and found the campfire. Good day all round. Lightening spear is rather good
  • teamHAM 11 Jan 2014 16:22:37 2,407 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Anyone still play this on the PC? I just got myself a new laptop so took the opportunity to boot this up again. Looks great in 1080p.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Games for Windows Live Gamertag: teamHAM

• quadfather 11 Jan 2014 16:41:38 10,547 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    damagedinc wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    @damagedinc

Made it to the iron gollum and found the campfire. Good day all round. Lightening spear is rather good
    Thats good progress. Well done. You'll be amazed at the next area, I guarantee it :)

But dont be in too much of a rush - there are lots of goodies in sens. Now you can safely explore as you have got to the bonfire

• quadfather 11 Jan 2014 16:42:42 10,547 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    Anyone still play this on the PC? I just got myself a new laptop so took the opportunity to boot this up again. Looks great in 1080p.
    Yup I do mate. I saw you popping in via steam earlier. I think ive got 2 chars on the go. One has done the dlc and ones about half way though vanilla

• damagedinc 11 Jan 2014 16:47:58 629 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    damagedinc wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    @damagedinc

Thats good progress. Well done. You'll be amazed at the next area, I guarantee it :)

But dont be in too much of a rush - there are lots of goodies in sens. Now you can safely explore as you have got to the bonfire
    Yeah just been taken over the wall. Looks awesome. Think im gonna stay in sens for a while though.
  • quadfather 11 Jan 2014 16:52:11 10,547 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    There are at least 2 good rings and some decent weapons in sens. Plus some locked up NPC's

• teamHAM 11 Jan 2014 16:57:33 2,407 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    teamHAM wrote:
    Yup I do mate. I saw you popping in via steam earlier. I think ive got 2 chars on the go. One has done the dlc and ones about half way though vanilla
    Thought you might be mate :)

• quadfather 11 Jan 2014 17:21:37 10,547 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    :)

I'll dig out the chars and see how they're doing.

What level are yours?

• B0rked_Gamer 11 Jan 2014 17:24:11 1,864 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Woo got summoned for the Ornstein & Smough battle. The fight lasted about 40 seconds. :evil:
  • teamHAM 11 Jan 2014 17:32:24 2,407 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    :)

I'll dig out the chars and see how they're doing.

What level are yours?
    Level 1 mate, since my old characters haven't come across with me. I thought maybe they'd be saved to GfWL so when I moved computers they'd come over but apparently not. I only had the option of new game. :(

• quadfather 11 Jan 2014 17:38:44 10,547 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    No worries. I'll just roll another char. Any excuse! \0/

• crashVoodoo 11 Jan 2014 21:02:30 3,821 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yay found a crystal armour set that actually looks quite good with the crimson skirt and it's brought my weight right under the 25% ceiling so I'm nimble again.

Crystal armour

I've also discovered that if you press a to read a message and then hit the back button it brings up rating options. I'm leaving ratings like a boss now.  You don't need the silly soapstone for it

Edited by crashVoodoo at 21:46:18 11-01-2014

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• EMarkM 11 Jan 2014 21:51:09 3,133 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Had another little go at Crystal Cave earlier this evening.

I can get as far as the golem under the butterflies every time with no trouble, but I've yet to get further.

A few times he's battered me: is he harder than the others?

The one time I beat him, I must have misjudged where the path should be, and wheeeeeeeee...splat :(
  • Mr_Sleep 11 Jan 2014 21:56:10 16,261 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The two gold golrms don't respawn, I usually have most success killing them by falling off and them doing the civil thing and jumping off after me :-)

You are a factory of sadness.

• crashVoodoo 11 Jan 2014 21:58:10 3,821 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah I've downed them bad boys and now I'm just looking where to go next. The flutterbyes haven't bothered me so I'm not going to bother them

• EMarkM 11 Jan 2014 22:13:48 3,133 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Mr_Sleep Hmmm, not gold, I think, white.

He just looks bigger than the others, seems to hit harder and take more hits too.

Probably just me, eh? :)
  • crashVoodoo 11 Jan 2014 22:14:16 3,821 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Found 2 more hidden paths and I'm having a right fucking time trying to follow them :-(

Swimming in blue titanite now and I've gone up 2 END and 1 VIT fucking about

Edited by crashVoodoo at 22:15:41 11-01-2014

• crashVoodoo 11 Jan 2014 22:25:12 3,821 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Determined I'm having this shiny but I'll be annoyed if it's just souls now

If anyone is connected to the same game as me they'll see a row of orange messages streaking off into nothingness :-)

Got it.  It's a blue titanite slab.

Edited by crashVoodoo at 22:34:07 11-01-2014

• quadfather 11 Jan 2014 22:45:15 10,547 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Wow, just got a bss

• teamHAM 11 Jan 2014 23:39:53 2,407 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Wow, just got a bss
    PRAISE THE LORD (SUN)!

The shrine I set up last night worked then Quaddy. :D

Edited by teamHAM at 23:40:07 11-01-2014

• crashVoodoo 12 Jan 2014 01:53:14 3,821 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So seath is down.  Didn't enjoy them caves at all.   I was lost after this to be honest and I traipsed around like an idiot wondering where to go.  Turns out there is an area just after firesage  that I never explored including some kind of Dino insect thing to kill so he went next.  Got me a new ring allowing me to walk on lava.

Which then led to jurassic sap hole aka lost izalith.  Fun area. There has to be a secret bonfire somewhere cos it's a long fucking way when you die. Anyways, emptied the area and then met the boss. I won't spoil it for Mark and Rob, save to say. Bag of shit.

Anyways, that's down and I have all my Lord souls now.

Bedtime, warrior balluschinian must rest for the night

Edited by crashVoodoo at 01:54:30 12-01-2014

• Futaba 12 Jan 2014 02:26:16 3,429 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    Which then led to jurassic sap hole aka lost izalith.  Fun area. There has to be a secret bonfire somewhere cos it's a long fucking way when you die. Anyways, emptied the area and then met the boss. I won't spoil it for Mark and Rob, save to say. Bag of shit.
    Lost Izalith map spoilers: There's a bonfire behind an illusory door in one of the towers in the large open area with the lava. I think it's the tower furthest to the right when you firstenter that area. I didn't really enjoy Lost Izalith...

As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a ninja.

• EMarkM 12 Jan 2014 08:21:06 3,133 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    @Mr_Sleep Hmmm, not gold, I think, white.

He just looks bigger than the others, seems to hit harder and take more hits too.

Probably just me, eh? :)
    Ah, maybe he WAS gold: he's not there this morning after I finally beat him last night before falling.

So, maybe there's one more, eh?
  • damagedinc 12 Jan 2014 08:40:36 629 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The archers in anor londo are doing my head in, any tips? I keep getting knocked off.
  • crashVoodoo 12 Jan 2014 08:55:20 3,821 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @damagedinc the way I finally did it was to run straight up fast and then left to take him out first. As he his back down the other side a bit you are shielded by a tower you just ran past.

You can dispatch him and then run over to the other.  Roll when he fires arrows.

Alternatively, somebody else mentioned an invisibility spell/ring could help.

• EMarkM 12 Jan 2014 08:59:47 3,133 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yay! Nudeybollox is down. I mean DOWN (first go!).

Where to next? Still got to find "The Catacombs" wherever they are - no spoilers please! - and I guess I'll be returning to Demon Bastard Ruins at some point.

Hmmm...still fancy trying for more Slabs, though. Might do that for a bit...
  • robc84 12 Jan 2014 09:11:06 4,361 posts
    Seen 31 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @damagedinc

I did it by running straight to the cover in the middle. Then ran to the guy on the right which gives you cover from the left one. Then its up to you whether you take out the one on the left or just leave him.

Good luck!
  • crashVoodoo 12 Jan 2014 09:14:56 3,821 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Futaba knew there would be a bonfire somewhere.  Ah well,  it's done now :-)

• EMarkM 12 Jan 2014 09:18:05 3,133 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    @damagedinc

I did it by running straight to the cover in the middle. Then ran to the guy on the right which gives you cover from the left one. Then its up to you whether you take out the one on the left or just leave him.

Good luck!
    Ah, the patented EMarkM Method :)
  • Page

of 1190 First / Last