Dark Souls Page 976

• Page

of 1217 First / Last

• robc84 8 Dec 2013 22:33:34 5,963 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @JonFE

Ah I see. Can't remember if I spoke to him or not!
  • EMarkM 8 Dec 2013 22:37:17 3,312 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yep, Rob, you mentioned going back to Undead Parish as I hinted. That's what Qelaag's movie was showing you. Onion head was sitting out there, earlier in the game.

The conversation in The Swamp is with a pyromancer who it seems, from what I've read, is also Qelaag's daughter and there is apparently something she asks you to do.

I missed this bit and only spoke to her later, which still meant I could get some stuff off her.

The guy you killed was associated with the hidden area, right? No, you shouldn't have!
  • JonFE 8 Dec 2013 22:37:27 1,455 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @robc84

Since you saw him, you surely understand why he's called Onion head, right?

Edited by JonFE at 22:38:06 08-12-2013
  • robc84 8 Dec 2013 22:41:04 5,963 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @EMarkM

Ok I give up. Where do I find this conversation?

I figured as much. He was blocking my way so I approached shield up (how else right) so I must have missed the prompt to talk. It was only after I hit him I realised I made a mistake! Oops.
  • robc84 8 Dec 2013 22:42:17 5,963 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    JonFE wrote:
    @robc84

Since you saw him, you surely understand why he's called Onion head, right?
    Not sure I did see him. So much happens in this game I forget what I've done / seen!
  • JonFE 8 Dec 2013 22:43:38 1,455 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @robc84

Regarding the conversation (since you gave up), check out the pillars in front of the bonfire at the bottom of the swamp...

I wouldn't worry about the guy you killed though.

Edited by JonFE at 22:45:46 08-12-2013
  • retro74 8 Dec 2013 22:47:30 280 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    Yep, Rob, you mentioned going back to Undead Parish as I hinted. That's what Qelaag's movie was showing you. Onion head was sitting out there, earlier in the game.

The conversation in The Swamp is with a pyromancer who it seems, from what I've read, is also Qelaag's daughter and there is apparently something she asks you to do.

I missed this bit and only spoke to her later, which still meant I could get some stuff off her.

The guy you killed was associated with the hidden area, right? No, you shouldn't have!
    I think you only see her if you have an ascended pyro flame
  • EMarkM 8 Dec 2013 22:49:23 3,312 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've just done a bit of extra reading, and I'm starting to think that one of my guesses was correct: there may be some prerequisites to this person appearing, concerning your level of pyromancy.

Maybe they're not there for you...
  • EMarkM 8 Dec 2013 22:49:50 3,312 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Heh! Or what Retro said :)
  • EMarkM 8 Dec 2013 22:51:33 3,312 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    He was blocking my way so I approached shield up (how else right) so I must have missed the prompt to talk. It was only after I hit him I realised I made a mistake! Oops.
    And when has hitting first EVER been a good idea in this damned game? :D
  • robc84 8 Dec 2013 23:00:20 5,963 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    robc84 wrote:
    He was blocking my way so I approached shield up (how else right) so I must have missed the prompt to talk. It was only after I hit him I realised I made a mistake! Oops.
    And when has hitting first EVER been a good idea in this damned game? :D
    Rookie mistake...
  • robc84 8 Dec 2013 23:01:34 5,963 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    I've just done a bit of extra reading, and I'm starting to think that one of my guesses was correct: there may be some prerequisites to this person appearing, concerning your level of pyromancy.

Maybe they're not there for you...
    So you've been sending me on a wild goose chase?
  • EMarkM 8 Dec 2013 23:01:52 3,312 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @robc84 Did you attack the other similar entities on the way through Quelaag's :: ahem :: tunnel?
  • EMarkM 8 Dec 2013 23:02:35 3,312 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    robc84 wrote:

So you've been sending me on a wild goose chase?
    Quack?
  • robc84 8 Dec 2013 23:08:22 5,963 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    @robc84 Did you attack the other similar entities on the way through Quelaag's :: ahem :: tunnel?
    Yep. Which is why I attacked rather than talked. Cheeky bloody game tricking me like that.
  • EMarkM 8 Dec 2013 23:12:10 3,312 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @robc84 It's better if you just walk past them. They'll happily leave you alone.

If you go THE WRONG WAY, you'll see plenty more. Might be worth bearing in mind :)
  • Fixxxer 8 Dec 2013 23:24:11 1,305 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The top level pyromancer lady is actually Quelaag's sister rather than her mother. By my count there are five (and sort of six) members of that family in this game.
  • EMarkM 8 Dec 2013 23:25:17 3,312 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Fixxxer Ah, right. Thanks :)
  • robc84 9 Dec 2013 08:02:18 5,963 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Whats the deal with covenants then? I've joined chaos via the 'lady' (is that queelag's sister too?) in Quelaag's 'special area' (oo-err).

So I progress by gifting her humanity right? What are the benefits of progression? And I assume I still keep my new pyro spell even if I switch to another covenant?

Edited by robc84 at 08:49:57 09-12-2013
  • quadfather 9 Dec 2013 10:04:56 13,144 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @robc84 - Yes, that's Quelaags sister. Few things -

You can talk to her properly if you equip the witch's ring
    If you give her 10 or 20 (can't remember) humanity you'll get another pyro spell
    If you give her 30 humanity, it'll open up the shortcut between Demon's Ruins and Lost Izalith, letting you skip Demon Firesage and Centipede demon if you choose to.
    Which also activates Solaire in the shortcut. However, there are a few conditions on that. 1) You MUSNT take a single step into Lost Izalith (Via Demon Firesage) or Solaire will not appear in the shortcut. He will instead appear at the Centipede bonfire instead. 2) If you proceed into the shortcut, there are some bug type things before you get to Lost Izalith proper. In order to get Solaire ‘properly’, you MUST kill *all* of these bugs. You’ll also get a sunlight maggot item off one of them which will help in later areas when the lights go out. If you miss a single bug and/or go past them and trigger the “Lost Izalith” area transition, you’ll fuck up Solaire’s questline and he’ll next be seen in the shortcut, hollow, and will be hostile. Which is probably the worst thing that happens in the game imo, apart from the tragic story of Quelaags sister herself

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• TheCrane 9 Dec 2013 10:06:10 111 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Giving lots of humanity to the fair lady will

a) give you more pyro spells,
    b) open up a shortcut considerably later in the game and
    c) make you feel a bit less of a shit about killing her sister
  • robc84 9 Dec 2013 10:12:53 5,963 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @quadfather Ok. Well I'm not overly keen on skipping areas, plus I'm keeping hold of my humanity for now, so I'll try to remember all of this for later.

In the meantime, I will be heading 'up' in the hope I will eventually find myself somewhere familiar.

I want to do a farming run for some titanite shards to upgrade my Iaito.

Any suggestions as to where, or am I better off just buying them?
  • quadfather 9 Dec 2013 10:18:51 13,144 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @robc84 - Yeah, sorry, went on a bit of a ramble there.

Basically, if you want to progress Solaire's questine and keep him human, when you get to Demon ruins and are about to progress, stop and check up what you need to do to keep him alive. If you want to, that is.

Just normal shards? If you want to farm - try the slimes in the depths with a firebased attack. I'd just buy them though tbh. 800 a pop. Takes 9 to take a standard weapon to +5, so that's 7200 souls, plus the upgrade cost of about 1000. Then you'll need to use large shards anyway. Which you can either buy or get off the leeches in shitetown

• Architect_z 9 Dec 2013 10:31:37 2,385 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @robc84 - You do keep the pyro yes. Chaos cov is actually pretty nuetral. It doesnt help for co-op and its not an invasion covenant. But the pyro you get from it is pretty good. Well the fireball is.
  • EMarkM 9 Dec 2013 10:35:41 3,312 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Right. Again. I'm working today, working tomorrow, working the morning of the 24th, all day on the 27th and the last couple of days up to New Year. Got it? Good :)

Other than that, and family commitments (tchoh!!) I aim to be DSing it for the REST OF THE YEAR mummy-touchers!

You all know where I am. Pretty much outside the boss door in Anor. I've got Humanity, reasonable kit, and I'm ready to go forth and molest.

No doubt I will come running back here crying and asking for yet more advice at approximately 07:05 on Wednesday morning ;)

Any final words to me as I begin two long days of meditation at work?
  • quadfather 9 Dec 2013 10:38:17 13,144 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @EMarkM - Same non-holidays as me then. Fucking job.

Final words?

Hmm.

Go human in the room before the fog door and look around, though I've already mentioned that

Quite a popular invasion spot, so be aware of that if you're online

Separation

• robc84 9 Dec 2013 10:40:59 5,963 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @quadfather

I think I'll save up some souls and just buy the shards. I have some large shards and chunks as well as some different coloured chunks and some divine ember and a couple of boss souls.

What is my best course of action re upgrading? Should I just keep upgrading normal or should I go down a certain path at +5? Not really sure how the upgrading works!
  • EMarkM 9 Dec 2013 10:42:55 3,312 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @quadfather Cheers ole pal. For everyone else, no spoilers for this please :) I've diligently avoided using wikis and walkthroughs for each area until after I have seen them at least once for myself, so I have no idea who this next guy/gal is or what they can do.

Guess all will become clear over the next two or three days :)
  • quadfather 9 Dec 2013 10:44:24 13,144 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @robc84 - take whatever it is to +5 then you can choose what to do -

1 - carry on upgrading it to +15 to keep the scaling of the weapon
    2 - upgrade it down a different path (lightning, fire, divine) using embers and different blacksmiths
    3 - take to +10 and then upgrade it to a unique weapon with a boss soul and a blacksmith

Theres a chart somewhere around, I'll dig it out

• quadfather 9 Dec 2013 10:45:28 13,144 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    @quadfather Cheers ole pal. For everyone else, no spoilers for this please :) I've diligently avoided using wikis and walkthroughs for each area until after I have seen them at least once for myself, so I have no idea who this next guy/gal is or what they can do.

Guess all will become clear over the next two or three days :)
    Oh yes. It'll be fucking crystal clear :D

• Page

of 1217 First / Last