Dark Souls Page 924

• Page

of 1201 First / Last

• robc84 19 Nov 2013 10:24:58 5,638 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    For the love of God don't go, 'down there'!
    Now I'm intrigued....
  • quadfather 19 Nov 2013 10:29:38 12,152 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Really, dont :)

You can go there enough to see the magic trainer. But if you get to a narrow wooden walkway, turn the fuck around and get the fuck out

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• robc84 19 Nov 2013 10:31:50 5,638 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    What if I've spent all of my souls? I can then just go across said walkway to see what happens :)

Gonna have to go down there at some point :)
  • quadfather 19 Nov 2013 10:37:10 12,152 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    There's just no telling this guy is there.

Ok, well here's what it's like, non spoilery -

Imagine going down there and encountering things as annoyingly hard as red eyed knights and you can't damage them.

Savvy?

• robc84 19 Nov 2013 10:40:22 5,638 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Maybe I'll just leave it for now then :(

I haven't actually hit my 'red-eyed knight' moment yet. It must be coming soon! :)

Although that giant knight guarding the ring in the burg was a bit tough....
  • quadfather 19 Nov 2013 10:41:22 12,152 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well, you can damage them, but it's not obvious at the start. It's certainly not a recommended starting area, put it that way.

I suppose the black knights are on par with red eyed knights

Whereabouts are you again? I've lost track

• quadfather 19 Nov 2013 10:44:59 12,152 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hmm, demon great machete does 365 + 365 damage on lightning +5

Coupled with a +15 demon's greataxe for pure physical, that would be a pair of hard bastard weapons indeed.

So I could go murakumo, Demon's machete, demon's greataxe

Will make it a mainly strength build, but what's not to like about ~700 AR?

Edited by quadfather at 10:45:31 19-11-2013

• robc84 19 Nov 2013 10:46:27 5,638 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I managed to lure him back to an open area and backstabbed him until he died :-P Wasn't easy though and took a while.

Done Taurus and unlocked the shortcut back to the burg bonfire.

Thats as far as I have got so far. Probably getting a bit ahead of myself :)
  • quadfather 19 Nov 2013 10:50:08 12,152 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Best way to do it at your level I'd say. Well done

Did you get the item he was guarding?

No, that's pretty good progress. Taurus + shortcut are the best first things to do.

Various options now. There's a neat little soul farming run very close to where you are at the moment. That could help.

Also, there are keys and doors to unlock nearby-ish. You've already visited the merchant. Got a bow?

And the parish awaits, which has various goodies and progression areas + another very useful shortcut, plus a very useful npc nearby.

After that it's all death and woe though :)

• robc84 19 Nov 2013 10:55:52 5,638 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah the ring that boosts defence at low HP I think.

Taurus looked scary but didn't actually hit that hard. He got me once though as he had me cornered and it's difficult to get past him!

I bought the short bow from the merchant as I hate not having a bow. Those guys on the roof by the bonfire are a pain if you can't snipe them!

I had a feeling death and woe were not far away. It's all been going too well so far....

Edited by robc84 at 10:56:06 19-11-2013
  • quadfather 19 Nov 2013 11:04:49 12,152 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    don't forget about plunging attacks. I can mention it now you've done the Taurus - as you enter his fog door, turn around and there's a ladder that lets you climb the tower. Climb that and kill the 2 goons on top, then go and activate Taurus. Then run back, climb the tower and do a plunge attack on him. Takes a shit load of health off. There's various areas and enemies that you can do this on later on. Easy to forget you can do it sometimes as you don't use it that often.

Bow will be useful going forward.

Well, you're doing alright, plus you've got the combat experience of demon's souls, so that's a plus for you. It's just the level designs + different monsters that'll fuck you up now :)

• SomaticSense 19 Nov 2013 11:13:37 8,337 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ok, so I'm finally going to try to 100% the cheevos. I've been so close at 900 that it'd be rude not to for one of of favourite games ever.

So, what are the rare weapons you need? I know I need the drop from those stone guardians in Darkroot. Is Priscilla's dagger one of the required items?
  • robc84 19 Nov 2013 11:20:16 5,638 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @quadfather Ah yes I didn't think of that. Would have been useful!

Well I know there is another black knight as you head into the parish (actually I think he may be at the top of the tower so I can probably ignore him for now. Unless he is guarding some loot of course). I accidently triggered him as I was doing a bit of exploring after defeating Taurus.
  • quadfather 19 Nov 2013 11:28:48 12,152 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @robc84 - He's a bit of a bugger as there's not much room up there. Though you'll have to venture and see if he's guarding anything.

It's always a good idea to take the knights out anyway, as they often drop the black knight (bk) weapons and also the odd chunk which is always useful.

Different black knights have different chances to drop the weapon they are wielding - you can get the black knight sword, the black knight greatsword, black knight halberd etc. I know you're a dex build, but it's always good to know, in the event of you wanting to try a str char.

Have you done much of the parish then?

• quadfather 19 Nov 2013 11:29:56 12,152 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:
    Ok, so I'm finally going to try to 100% the cheevos. I've been so close at 900 that it'd be rude not to for one of of favourite games ever.

So, what are the rare weapons you need? I know I need the drop from those stone guardians in Darkroot. Is Priscilla's dagger one of the required items?
    Doesn't it tell you in the achievement lists on your trophy counter profile thing? I've never really done many achievements on it, so probably not best qualified to answer. I know some people on here have though

• robc84 19 Nov 2013 11:32:02 5,638 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Nope not played since yesterday afternoon and I'm at 'work' (I'll use that word loosely considering how much I've been posting today) today. Should get on later. I may try the knight as long as I have enough space to circle and backstab I should be able to take him. And it's not far from the bonfire if I die!

Otherwise I'll be exploring the Parish later!
  • quadfather 19 Nov 2013 11:41:30 12,152 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, i'd get more work done if I wasn't obsessing about my new character :) Even though I rolled a str character a while ago, and done all the hard work by getting to Anor, I'm still pissing about with other builds :)

Probably worth doing the knight, if only for a chunk + souls

Then you'll have a bit of a surprise round the corner :)

• SomaticSense 19 Nov 2013 11:46:44 8,337 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    SomaticSense wrote:

Doesn't it tell you in the achievement lists on your trophy counter profile thing? I've never really done many achievements on it, so probably not best qualified to answer. I know some people on here have though
    It doesn't tell you the individual weapons, just that you need to acquire "all rare" ones.

Nvm though. Had a look at the wiki, and was suddenly reminded what an undertaking it'd be, so my motivation has dropped somewhat. I pretty much have them all... across various goddamn playthroughs. So I have the option of playing through NG+ with my current chara who has all the tail drops but needs ALL the boss soul weapons, or attempt to get Seath's tail on NG motherfucking ++++ with my character who already has about 80% of the required items.

Now I remember why I never bothered before...
  • robc84 19 Nov 2013 11:47:07 5,638 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah good combat practice too!

I take it it's not a pleasant surprise! Something to look forward to!

What is it about the souls games? So bloody addictive!
  • quadfather 19 Nov 2013 12:10:31 12,152 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Might be good. Might be. Might not, mind :)

Aye, proper balance of risk/reward / carrot on a stick aren't they :)

• quadfather 19 Nov 2013 12:11:25 12,152 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @SomaticSense - I bet there's a plan out there somewhere that tells you the optimum runs though

• SomaticSense 19 Nov 2013 12:21:16 8,337 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, but there is so much else I want do as well. I want to carry on my NG++++ chara, start a pyro/chaos build, start a pure str build which I've never done before. Never mind the two charas (dex/divine, and quality) that I'm rolling at the mo.

This game has already reclaimed enough of my life since I started playing it again!

Edited by SomaticSense at 12:23:17 19-11-2013
  • quadfather 19 Nov 2013 12:35:30 12,152 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Tell me about it. I've rolled 2 different characters in as many weeks. It's fucking ridiculous. I've already clocked over 300 hours, and I'm no-where near where I want to be yet!

• quadfather 19 Nov 2013 12:37:08 12,152 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I don't even know my way around lost izalith properly either, as I normally always take the shortcut.

And I've never done lautrec in anor

Neither have I joined any covenant apart from alvina and white. And chaos I guess

Then there's the dlc

FS!

• FanBoysSuck 19 Nov 2013 12:37:48 1,482 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @SomaticSense It's best to go over to the wiki and print off a checklist, there's a huge amount of weapons to get that require at least two and a half play-throughs, minimum. It took me three and a half as I wasted my boss souls on my first run.

For the emperor!

• quadfather 19 Nov 2013 13:03:03 12,152 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    fu :) Get rolling that resistance character, you :)

• -Eks 19 Nov 2013 14:04:05 60 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Are the Demon Ruins supposed to be easy? Is the game luring me into a trap? I've dispatched 3 bosses with minimal fuss, something must be wrong.

quadfather wrote:
    Hmm, demon great machete does 365 + 365 damage on lightning +5
    Sounds sexy. I think I picked one of them up, might give it a go.
  • quadfather 19 Nov 2013 17:14:36 12,152 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Chortle

• Page

of 1201 First / Last