Dark Souls Page 923

• Page

of 1195 First / Last

• robc84 18 Nov 2013 21:47:17 5,324 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    So if I have 10 flasks and use them all then rest at at unkindled bonfire I'll only get 5 back. But if its kindled I'll get all 10?

And if I'm on say 4, and rest at an unkindled bonfire It'll still only take me to 5?

Have I got that right?
  • Deleted user 18 November 2013 21:48:25
    Spot on
  • robc84 18 Nov 2013 21:51:20 5,324 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Got there in the end :)
  • quadfather 19 Nov 2013 08:44:46 11,860 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ironlungs76 wrote:
    @quadfather

Reading your updates I can't say I've used the Partisan before either. Didn't realise it had such HUGE Str requirements, so that may account why I've not touched it.

My run's stalled over the weekend, but got some beer in, checking the latest PES14 update patch first (likely to break things worse though) so I'll carry on later - O&S are in my line of fire :)
    It's the pike that has the insane 24 str so I went for the partizan instead. However that thing is unwieldy as a glacier. Can't kill any bosses with it.

However the gargoyles halberd dropped last night so I'm using that. As I'm also using hollow soldier armour and elite leggings ive had to sort Havel out as well. Halbered has a strange r2 attack but generally its a lot better. Having to upgrade armour and weapons a lot this time round for some reason but there you go. Still about level 17. It's Twatra next then I'll be farming for a bit - want to make this character quite powerful. Might even get a load of resistance too.

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• quadfather 19 Nov 2013 08:49:52 11,860 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ironlungs76 wrote:
    Lucerne's working out ok, I must admit it does a hell of a lot more damage than I thought it would (being a halberd and this character being predominantly a Str build). Still hate the moveset though.

On to Lord Soul areas, think I might +5 Chaos my Flamberge just for the hell of it :)
    How does the Lucerne scale? C?

I'm definitely going to chaos some weapons up on this character, for sure. Can you chaos the murakumo and the server? Might go curved great sword route

• quadfather 19 Nov 2013 08:51:17 11,860 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Goodfella - I dont care. This is my str/dex/res/chaos build whether it likes it or not!

Edited by quadfather at 08:51:32 19-11-2013

• quadfather 19 Nov 2013 09:01:53 11,860 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Haha do it

It probably won't work but I was thinking do I want high vitality and keep chugging estus to repair the wounds all the time, or have a chunk of resistance so I dont have to piss about healing as much. Gotta be worth a punt.

Plus taking str and dex to 20 or whatever you need won't take that long and if you chaos everything youre laughing

• robc84 19 Nov 2013 09:06:35 5,324 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Think I've got my char up to about level 18 or so. Just upped Dex End and Vit so far.

Should I start thinking about putting something into other areas for the future, such as str or int? My strength is only 10 and I'm thinking I'll need to up that a bit for decent weapons / armour.

Any tips?
  • quadfather 19 Nov 2013 09:16:38 11,860 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    Got there in the end :)
    Yahtzee! :)

• robc84 19 Nov 2013 09:16:55 5,324 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Goodfella Yeah I'm going for dex as my main stat. But I'm guessing even certain dex based weapons will require a certain amount of strength. I think on my dex build in Demon's I had to get my strength up to around 15.
  • quadfather 19 Nov 2013 09:18:20 11,860 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    I know general opinion is Resistance is pointless but surely it must be useful to some degree, in PvE that is?
    Soon find out. I'll happily spend hours grinding it up, don't mind doing it. So I'll see how much it increases up to 40. And check the wiki while I'm at work. Even if it gives me enough defense to take some armour off to roll quicker, that'd be enough for me

• robc84 19 Nov 2013 09:22:55 5,324 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Don't think I'll go that high (20) with strength. The Uchi sounds good though. I was thinking around 14/15 for strength.

So should I worry about magic / pyro / faith at all, or would I just be spreading myself too thin?
  • quadfather 19 Nov 2013 09:23:40 11,860 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    @Goodfella Yeah I'm going for dex as my main stat. But I'm guessing even certain dex based weapons will require a certain amount of strength. I think on my dex build in Demon's I had to get my strength up to around 15.
    Yeah, you'll need some strength. Probably around 16 if I remember correctly. But it depends. Some Dex swords only need around 16, but some of the greatsword dex swords need a fuckton. But by the time you find them, you'll probably either have a) enough str already, or b) be in a position where you can get enough souls to level it up anyway

Can't lose really - but just don't level them both up the same (like I'm doing on this random character, but that's only because I think I know which weapon I'm going for in the long run. Or possibly not :p)

Some people compliment their dex or their str (depending on the build) with one other stat - either Int or Faith to get spells and buffs respectively. (Think warding, light weapon, heal, evacuate, soul arrow/ray etc) But there's plenty of time for that. Just having 10 int and attunement is enough to get started with a few basic spells. Same for 10 attunement and 10 faith for a smattering of miracles

you'll need the equivalent of the talisman (catalyst in dark souls) and thingy of god (called talisman in dark souls, just to confuse you even more)

• robc84 19 Nov 2013 09:28:16 5,324 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @quadfather Helpful as always :)

I think I'll put a few points into strength and get it up to about 14 or so for now. Should do me for the early game I reckon. Sounds like it could be a long old slog so plenty of time to upgrade it further!

I got a talisman from the cleric at the shrine. So I need another talisman for spells?
  • quadfather 19 Nov 2013 09:34:52 11,860 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @robc84 - yeah, 14 sounds perfect. As goodfella says, that'll let you wield the uchi's / curved swords.

Yup, you're in it for the long haul now :)

In Dark souls - Talisman = Miracles / Faith , and Catalyst = Spells / Magic.

There's the equivalent of that jolly fat cleric wanker nearby that does magic, but he's slightly hidden. Just go down from firelink and you'll come across a lift. Go down there and explore and you'll eventually stumble onto him. But don't explore *too* far in that area he's in...

Or you'll be fucked :)

• quadfather 19 Nov 2013 09:52:22 11,860 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hmm, decisions

Server - 24 str, 13 dex. From Shitetown
    At +15, it does 256, scaling E/B
    Does 232 - 267 - Chaos, or 294 - 299 Lightning.

Also leeches health on hit.

Or

Murakumo - 28 str, 13 dex, Giant skeleton drop (great)
    At +15, it does 282, scaling E/A
    Does 247 - 282 Chaos, or 310 - 316 Lightning

Both have same moveset. Default is horizontal slashes, but can get it to do a vertical chop too.

Both sound pretty good tbh

Fucking giant bastard skeletons though :/

• robc84 19 Nov 2013 10:02:34 5,324 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Well I'm not too worried about using magic just yet. Sure they'll be a time soon when I'll need it though. Next time I'm back at firelink I'll head down. Think I need to ring a bell or something down there right?

The world seems so big I'm already confused about what leads where! :)
  • quadfather 19 Nov 2013 10:07:43 11,860 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @robc84 - Yeah, just enjoy it for now. There's plenty of time for levelling out how you want your character.

You'll start to pick it up - you've unlocked the ladder shortcut in undead burg, so now you could start from there and you have various options, and it's a good shortcut to get back to firelink

The bell ain't down there mate - just keep going the way you're going - burg, parish, lower undead burg etc.

'Down there' is nasty shit :)

• quadfather 19 Nov 2013 10:11:22 11,860 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    @quadfather

I'd go Lightning Murakumo.

Fuck the skeletons, kill Shiva. :p
    This is true! Though I'd probably want to buy half of his stuff. Though it's around 100k for everything

• robc84 19 Nov 2013 10:22:22 5,324 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @quadfather Ah right. I just though that knight said something about 1 above and one below. Or something like that. So I assumed that down below was down those stairs. :)
  • Page

of 1195 First / Last