Dark Souls Page 919

• Page

of 1205 First / Last

• GreenYamo-mk2 15 Nov 2013 20:57:01 6 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    @Dr_Mech I only discovered the 'hellkite not appearing on the bridge if you skip Undead Burg' thing a couple of weeks ago, and I've put hundreds of hours into this game... I didn't realise you could drop down from UB to lower UB until tonight! You learn something new every day. ..
  • Dr_Mech 15 Nov 2013 20:57:01 1,040 posts
    Seen 8 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Erm you do know you can go under the bridge right?

You know the tower by the gate has stairs that lead up to the black knight with the Greatsword and a ladder down to the area with three rats in it, technically the 'normal' route since it doesnt' involve a mad dash past the Hellkite Drake.

It's also the area you go to in order to snipe the Hellkites tail with a bow to get the Drake sword.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 20:59:28 15-11-2013
  • GreenYamo-mk2 15 Nov 2013 20:59:08 6 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    @Goodfella You go under the bridge past the 3 rats. I've done it loads.

Edit: what he said ^. Again

Edited by GreenYamo-mk2 at 20:59:50 15-11-2013
  • Dr_Mech 15 Nov 2013 21:06:08 1,040 posts
    Seen 8 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Thats the one, don't worry Goody, we're all allowed the occasional blonde moment.

As I said a 1 hour +15 run is ridiculously reliant on luck, a two hour run is at a brisk pace but doesn't involve much enemy skipping, for an easy time, 2 hours and 30 minutes is a decent pace to get a weapon to +15 especially if it is a weapon that is out of the way or requires Shiva to buy.

Now if you get really, really lucky you can use the ladder by the Hydra to skip buying the crest of Artorias but this involves a ridiculous amount of luck especially without the Rusted Iron ring. You're better off not spending any souls, doing the reverse route then opening up the shortcut from Hellkite bridge to Undead Burg and clearing your way back to Andre in order to save up enough souls to buy the crest. If you're not lucky it actually takes less time to do it that way than to try to skip buying it.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 21:10:54 15-11-2013
  • DodgyPast 16 Nov 2013 06:21:27 8,479 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It is the one thing that intimidates me about going online... Knowing how good others are.

My next playthrough will be with an offline account but trying to mostly be human.

By the time Dark Souls 2 comes out I might feel up for the risk of playing online and human.
  • EMarkM 16 Nov 2013 09:46:09 3,174 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So, Ash Lake. Pretty special, huh?

Couple of things, but, as always, I don't want too many spoilers.

The big guy (not the one with only one head - not made up my mind what to do about him just yet - not really grasped the whole "covenant" thing), I've seen one of him before, but not here...can't possibly be the one from Dark Root Basin, can it?

On a related note, then, this whole area does seem to be a dead end, so I've made my way back up to the top of GH. Need to get back to "civilisation" (yeah, right, OK, relatively speaking) to get this curse lifted and upgrade my gear. I grabbed a couple of shinies whilst down there, mostly dragon scales I think, but could find no route of progress in a new direction.

The position of one shiny, in the inside of the half-height hollow tree, made it unreachable to me, looking like it needed some sort of levitation skills to get at it.

Just thoughts, really. Now for The Swamp, Blight Town, and an easy life for an hour or two...
  • Deleted user 16 November 2013 09:52:56
    @EMarkM

Different hydra, tougher one down there...!

Most of the treasure in GH is shards/chunks. I haven't bothered farming in there since the made TT's purchasable in one of the early patches, they used to be in very short supply once upon a time.

These days GH and Ash Lake are both pretty much non-essential areas so I rarely bother going there. Ash Lake is still very pretty though :)
  • DodgyPast 16 Nov 2013 09:55:42 8,479 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Do you have the route through the Valley of the Drakes sorted?

Also isn't there a route to the Blacksmith through Darkwood basin.

I've got some free time this afternoon so hopefully have a crack at Queelag.
  • Deleted user 16 November 2013 10:12:39
    DodgyPast wrote:
    Also isn't there a route to the Blacksmith through Darkwood basin.
    Yes, if you have the Master Key you can go 1 of 2 ways -

Firelink -> New Londo -> Valley of Drakes -> Darkroot Basin

or

Firelink ->UD berg -> run passed Havel -> Darkroot basin

In both instances all you need to do is then run up through Darkoot Basin and passed the Titanite Demon to Andre.

Route #1 is my preferred route because you don't trigger the bridge dragon (so the bridge is always safe) nor do you have to kill Taurus Demon, leaving that whole area open for PvP shenanigans.
  • GreenYamo-mk2 16 Nov 2013 10:46:09 6 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 months ago

Edited by GreenYamo-mk2 at 10:46:29 16-11-2013
  • GreenYamo-mk2 16 Nov 2013 10:47:02 6 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Undead Parish
  • quadfather 16 Nov 2013 10:49:12 12,269 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ironlungs76 wrote:
    quadfather wrote:

What's the plan next then, kit wise?

I won't get a chance till late Saturday but I'll make a start then
    Never used the great bow other than to fire 1 or 2 arrows, so I'll nab that on my way through Anor Londo and Giants armour as mentioned yesterday if I can get away with any of it weight-wise.

I sort of miss my Dex daggers but at least I'm quick rolling for the time being - I look forward to hearing how your set-up fares too fella :)
    I'm going to start one today :)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• EMarkM 16 Nov 2013 12:38:08 3,174 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yay! Back in the asylum.

Heh, that doesn't sound right :)

Got the ring and the doll and had a couple of cracks at Big Guy #2 down there. Got him pretty close once or twice, but I've achieved a lot today and need a break.

Plus, of course, I've seen the "new" Firelink Shrine and got the black orb thingy. Presumably I don't need to do anything about that just yet?

Think I'll defeat ole fatguts and work my way over to Sen's gate: see if the onion head is still moping around there :)
  • quadfather 16 Nov 2013 13:22:10 12,269 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Ironlungs76 wrote:
    quadfather wrote:

What's the plan next then, kit wise?

I won't get a chance till late Saturday but I'll make a start then
    Never used the great bow other than to fire 1 or 2 arrows, so I'll nab that on my way through Anor Londo and Giants armour as mentioned yesterday if I can get away with any of it weight-wise.

I sort of miss my Dex daggers but at least I'm quick rolling for the time being - I look forward to hearing how your set-up fares too fella :)
    I'm going to start one today :)
    Ok started one. Chose a female hunter just to be different. Got the master key for convenience and trying to decide what to get and where to go.

But I'm still in the asylum as ive been summoned to the Manchester markets ffs. Ive got to drink beer instead of killing undead. What a bind

• -Eks 16 Nov 2013 17:07:46 60 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Why does there need to be 4 of them?....
  • Deleted user 16 November 2013 17:52:05
    4 what? Kings? Lord Souls? Calling birds?
  • Rhaegyr 16 Nov 2013 17:55:45 1,844 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Gotta be the Titanite Demon's
  • -Eks 16 Nov 2013 18:06:10 60 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Kings. Haha! Was trying to not spoil it for any newcomers but yeah....Kings. Managed to get 2 down and figured out they don't like fire when my last act before death was to unleash a firestorm. It was a glorious death. Will try again later.
  • Deleted user 16 November 2013 18:10:28
    Oh there's more than 4 if you're too slow...or as few as 2 if you're uber-geared (don't think you can 1 shot 4 Kings - would be surprised if you could).

But yeah, they're buggers.
  • DodgyPast 17 Nov 2013 02:44:39 8,479 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Queelag is down. Went into the fortress.

Going to get a little annoyed with those axes until I get a better grip on the camera and the perspective.

The 95% thing with the Eagle shield can be annoying depending on the situation. Also been playing a bit with 2 handing stuff.

Edited by DodgyPast at 02:46:53 17-11-2013
  • EMarkM 17 Nov 2013 06:50:34 3,174 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @DodgyPast Many congratulations. Seems that you and I are usually at around the same point. I've not made it further than yesterday's position yet: still in the asylum "basement", so it'll be that and onto Sen's in the next session for me.

May try to avoid your posts for a bit to maintain the surprises. ;)
  • DodgyPast 17 Nov 2013 08:37:33 8,479 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    @DodgyPast Many congratulations. Seems that you and I are usually at around the same point. I've not made it further than yesterday's position yet: still in the asylum "basement", so it'll be that and onto Sen's in the next session for me.

May try to avoid your posts for a bit to maintain the surprises. ;)
    I'll bear that in mind and start spoiler tagging stuff.
  • EMarkM 17 Nov 2013 08:44:22 3,174 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @DodgyPast Cheers. Don't worry if you forget: these 42-yr-old gamer eyes seem to have a natural braking system for such things :)
  • quadfather 17 Nov 2013 12:40:22 12,269 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I didn't know the bonfire in the darkroot tunnel gives you ten estus by default?

• quadfather 17 Nov 2013 12:55:06 12,269 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    And I'm on my 'use items you've never used before' char and legged it from firelink to bonfire in darkroot.

Have absolutely no plan at all :)

• quadfather 17 Nov 2013 13:14:16 12,269 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    A pike needs 24 str? Wtf?!

• Page

of 1205 First / Last