Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    See what you've started Rob

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Fixxxer 6 Nov 2013 17:23:23 1,305 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    Just a quick one, but it's been bugging me since Day One.

Is there any way to "cancel" an arrow once you have nocked it, like you can in The Elder Scrolls games? I keep wasting an arrow when I change my mind about shooting it. PS3 here. Thanks :)
    Does tapping the weapon switch button not stop it (by switching weapons)?
  • EMarkM 6 Nov 2013 17:25:04 3,219 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Fixxxer Probably the only one I haven't tried; I'll give it a go. And thanks :)
  • robc84 6 Nov 2013 18:41:37 5,833 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Doesn't take much to set you lot off does it ;-)
  • hal_inc 6 Nov 2013 18:53:33 146 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    ok, good thing that once you kill the taurus, he doesn't come back! good thing you can kick down a ladder to the bonfire in undead burg. however, there's so much more to after that (stabby dudes, a metal rhino) that i honestly give up. for real this time.

thanks everyone for your advice, this game brings out the good in gaming. but it's just not for me.

although of course you end up becoming yourself
    psn: orin_inc

• SomaticSense 6 Nov 2013 19:15:38 8,786 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    hal_inc wrote:
    ok, good thing that once you kill the taurus, he doesn't come back! good thing you can kick down a ladder to the bonfire in undead burg. however, there's so much more to after that (stabby dudes, a metal rhino) that i honestly give up. for real this time.

thanks everyone for your advice, this game brings out the good in gaming. but it's just not for me.
    You must stick at it. You've noticed how crazy for the game we all are even after all this time? It didn't click for most of us until well after the Taurus fight. We went through the same trials. In fact, I'd say you're doing pretty damn good.

You really will not regret it.
  • EMarkM 6 Nov 2013 19:20:46 3,219 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Here also.

I pretty much gave up just a few yards away from where you got to.

Went back to Skyrim, thoroughly enjoyed Dragon's Dogma, all the while thinking, "I have neither time nor inclination to look at DS ever again!"

Then, a couple of weeks ago, bored of all my other games, I said, "bollocks to it. It's not going to beat me when everyone else say it's amazing."

And here I am. Addicted.
  • the_dudefather 6 Nov 2013 19:38:51 9,341 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I wish the combat in Skyrim was more interesting, it's all whacking goons until you run out of stamina, then guzzing health potions and whacking some more until they die

Which is kinda like the Zweihander is like in Dark Souls now that I think about it...

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• Fixxxer 6 Nov 2013 19:54:02 1,305 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah, watch this video from 1:15.00 to see another, equally valid, way to play Dark Souls and progress from where you are.

Edited by Fixxxer at 19:55:32 06-11-2013
  • quadfather 6 Nov 2013 20:06:09 12,991 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    hal_inc wrote:

Hehe. I love these posts.

I'll be quoting it later on when you come back

• Armoured_Bear 6 Nov 2013 20:07:23 11,401 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    hal_inc wrote:

Yeah, I did that several times but ended up finishing it despite being in utter despair at times.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• quadfather 6 Nov 2013 20:07:31 12,991 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    Here also.

I pretty much gave up just a few yards away from where you got to.

Went back to Skyrim, thoroughly enjoyed Dragon's Dogma, all the while thinking, "I have neither time nor inclination to look at DS ever again!"

Then, a couple of weeks ago, bored of all my other games, I said, "bollocks to it. It's not going to beat me when everyone else say it's amazing."

And here I am. Addicted.
    Almost a perfect post :)

• quadfather 6 Nov 2013 20:09:01 12,991 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Doesn't take much to set you lot off does it ;-)
    Won't be long before you join us

• hal_inc 6 Nov 2013 20:12:01 146 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    quadfather wrote:
    hal_inc wrote:

Hehe. I love these posts.

I'll be quoting it later on when you come back
    no man i'm out, for real this time. i'm off that shit. i said i quit!

don't!.... tempt me frodo!!

(see you next week...)

although of course you end up becoming yourself
    psn: orin_inc

• EMarkM 6 Nov 2013 21:28:00 3,219 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah. Just imagine that moment when you've beaten Piggie, met a certain interesting trader, and started to significantly improve your weapons and armour...only moments away...
  • quadfather 6 Nov 2013 23:36:21 12,991 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    He'll be back

They always do

• Architect_z 7 Nov 2013 12:51:28 2,385 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I wonder if i've ever invaded someone on this forum. How strange would that be.
  • EMarkM 7 Nov 2013 13:25:22 3,219 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Architect_z Not me, you haven't , you...you...invading bastard...you.
  • Deleted user 7 November 2013 13:27:13
    What.is.this.
    Started to play the PC version (Prepare to Die) and I have no clue what to do or how to play. Killed a few skeletons then got trounced by first boss. Repeated a few times, changed character, again no progress.
    Asked myself "how is this supposed to be fun?". And by the way I'm a person who enjoys Monster Hunter games. But those at least have some strategic element - ok I can't get past this monster, I'll try a different equipment setup next time. But this?
    So yeah, I can't even get past the first boss. And he needs to be beaten because I need some door key, right? Also, how is this "open world" when you absolutely must kill certain enemies at certain spots to proceed?
    The game has atmosphere, I'll give it that. But otherwise, I don't know. Will someone persuade me it's worth it, or should I just abandon?
  • EMarkM 7 Nov 2013 13:29:45 3,219 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Cosmopolitan For inspiration, try reading the last three or four pages of this thread... :)

Then try harder! ;)
  • Deleted user 7 November 2013 13:47:02
    It's a game that encourages you to get involved with the community and it's the support and knowledge from forums like this that gets you through. You then know enough to start to play the way you want to, and then... Oh and then. The fun begins.
  • TheMayorOfJugs 7 Nov 2013 14:02:41 4,093 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Gonna ask the old heads if they don't mind..... Is there an easy way to kill the snake men in Sens Fortress? I gave up about 2 months ago after losing about 700,000 souls and not making any progress. I loved it until then. Even when I get past them, and dodge the pendulum axes, that fucking mage knocks me and the sizzlers in the pit spit roast me to death, sensually. Maximum rustle, even thinking about it.
  • robc84 7 Nov 2013 14:06:24 5,833 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:

Rolling/back stepping etc are also very useful, especially if you have a faster roll due to having a light equip load.

No, no, no! ZWEIHANDER!! ;-)
  • quadfather 7 Nov 2013 14:08:39 12,991 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @TheMayorOfJugs - first of all, what level are you, what kit have you got and what weapon are you using?

Secondly, if you're a patient player, take a bow with you and some poison arrows.

Stick 3 arrows in that mages face and watch as his health depletes. Also, shooting them from a distance can knock them back where you can gleefully watch them fall into that pit themselves.

• JonFE 7 Nov 2013 14:08:55 1,452 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @TheMayorOfJugs

Do you have a crossbow? You can shoot some arrows at the mage (poison ones, if you have them) if you zoom to aim and time your shots around the pendulum movement.

EDIT: Too late :rolleyes:

Edited by JonFE at 14:09:41 07-11-2013
  • Page

of 1212 First / Last