Dark Souls Page 904

• Page

of 1205 First / Last

• quadfather 4 Nov 2013 10:24:53 12,293 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    There's no massive rush though as there's absolutely tons of death, woe and misery coming your way after him :)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• ZuluHero 4 Nov 2013 10:29:46 4,175 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The funny thing about the bosses in dark souls is that i never go in expecting to win first time, only to learn what they do and how they fight - but sometimes, just sometimes, I end up doing ok and managing to clear the fight in one. I get to a point where I think; "I might just be able to do this" and then try not to rush the end of the fight to take my time and plug away.

Gaping Dragon was one such fight for me, I sort of find it funny to hear people having such trouble with it, but because I started as a thief I sort of left the Depths alone for ages (I could have bi-passed them entirely if i wanted) so maybe I was out levelled for the place by the time I got there?

Edited by ZuluHero at 10:30:37 04-11-2013
  • EMarkM 4 Nov 2013 10:51:12 3,174 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @ZuluHero Can't remember exactly what level I am, but my prime stat is Dex and I think it's around 23 or so.

Onward!!
  • EMarkM 4 Nov 2013 11:07:05 3,174 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Angry_Man_Dan Sooooooooo, how are you getting on? :)
  • Dr_Mech 4 Nov 2013 15:12:20 1,040 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well bugger.

Cat came into my room (he's not allowed in but I left the door open and the bugger snuck in) and in his round of headbutting things to mark his territory he knocked over the Xbox while I was looking something up as Dark Souls was running...and thanks to that he has now fucked the disc up.

So no Dark Souls for a while, will pick up a second hand copy on Friday from Amazon (when I get paid) since the cost of getting the bus in, paying for the disk repair (nobody does it local anymore) and getting the bus back is slightly more than I can pick up a second hand copy for.
  • EMarkM 4 Nov 2013 15:15:36 3,174 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Dr_Mech Ouch; bad luck.

One of our cats "helped" me to bugger up some amateur radio stuff I was soldering a few days ago.

Helpful little dear...
  • the_dudefather 4 Nov 2013 15:28:30 9,302 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bah, finished this yesterday but want to leap in again with a new character already

I was hallow most of the time before, would be interesting to try and play as a human and experience more invasions, not that I ever fared that well when they happened before :p

Edited by the_dudefather at 16:29:23 04-11-2013

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• TheCrane 4 Nov 2013 16:15:22 100 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It's Bonfire night tomorrow!
  • the_dudefather 4 Nov 2013 16:17:05 9,302 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    On the rare occasions I was human, or joined another player, an invader was never far off

Maybe Dark souls 2 excitement brought people back, but it was cool to see loads of people playing this far after launch

That bonfire room was always packed with people to help with smough and ornstein, helping people out was a decent way to get souls and humanity

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• EMarkM 4 Nov 2013 16:22:12 3,174 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TheCrane wrote:
    Praise the Sun!
  • Fixxxer 4 Nov 2013 17:01:05 1,304 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    New best Dark Souls achievement: I always do Smough first in the O&S fight but this time I went Ornstein first as I wanted his armour. So to smash them solo after much frustration with my character who is still at level 9 is a good feeling. Especially after bitching that they were impossible to do solo in my original playthrough with my level 60 odd character.

And my guy looks pimping in Ornstein's armour.

Though I thought I'd be getting summoned loads but at level 9 I'm seeing bugger all. Only managing to get summoned for the Taurus Demon fight which ... I'm a little overpowered for and it makes for an awkward balance. I don't want to steal all of the glory away from a new player.
  • TheCrane 4 Nov 2013 18:23:25 100 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Fixxxer At level 9 nobody above level 20 or so will be seeing your sign :(
  • Dr_Mech 4 Nov 2013 18:52:53 1,040 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Fixxxer wrote:
    Though I thought I'd be getting summoned loads but at level 9 I'm seeing bugger all. Only managing to get summoned for the Taurus Demon fight which ... I'm a little overpowered for and it makes for an awkward balance. I don't want to steal all of the glory away from a new player.
    Only places you'll get summoned at level 9 are Tarus Demon and the Bell Gargoyles fight (which seems to cap out summoning wise at level 20 for the most part). Everywhere else is higher level than that.
  • Fixxxer 4 Nov 2013 20:37:37 1,304 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah that's what I'm finding. I was thinking that this late into the game's lifespan there'd be quite a lot of people doing low level runs but it seems that I was either wrong or that if there is they don't need any help.

No trouble getting summoned for the Taurus Demon though. For some reason new players seem quite attracted to the badass golden wolf with the fucking grim reaper scythe.
  • Deleted user 4 November 2013 20:52:49
    @Fixxxer

I had someone invade me before O&S on my SL3 sorcerer run (black not blue) which made me perk up a bit I can tell you.

Low level white-stone summons are hard to get (assuming that's what you're doing rather than looking for). I prefer Temple/Gaping Dragon assists as I find it gets far more summons at low levels than anything else. Queelag is a waste of time.

X360 mind, ymmv
  • hal_inc 4 Nov 2013 21:04:59 117 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    TheCrane wrote:
    Praise the Sun!
    i don't understand this game and it makes me so frustrated! wtf is bonfire night?

anyway, i raged quit after my 40th attempt at the second boss in th game, the Taurus (?) in Undead Burg. and i have now uninstalled the game to keep me from trying again. i want to love this game, i understand it's appeal, but simply can't play the game right. i'm done... i'm out! ok?

sorry, just wanted to get that out of system. carry on

although of course you end up becoming yourself
    psn: orin_inc

• Deleted user 4 November 2013 21:10:37
    @hal_inc

Bonfire Night is a UK expression for 5th November, Guy Fawkes, fireworks and all that.

It's a shame that people quit the game because of one boss or another, the monotony of getting from A-B is very galling but well worth it in the end.
  • hal_inc 4 Nov 2013 21:27:07 117 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Ironlungs76 oh ok, no wonder i didn't know what it was. i am no brit.

yeah i reckon it's well worth it in the end. it's just that, the end will never come for me. i know it's a shame i quit because of "just" one boss, but after trying again and again and again and again and again to the nth degree, i decided this wasn't good for me. so i poured myself a cup of tea (there's some brit in me, see) and read a good book and educated myself instead of torturing. games are a strange medium indeed.

• Fixxxer 4 Nov 2013 21:31:11 1,304 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    And, er, I can help with the Taurus Demon!
  • Deleted user 4 November 2013 21:32:21
    :D
  • Deleted user 4 November 2013 21:34:59
    Heh, just got a msg over Live saying "Best Solaire Ever". There were more caps but I'll save you those.
  • the_dudefather 4 Nov 2013 23:48:53 9,302 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Messed around in NG+ and PVP stuff today, fighting humans is super tense, wish I did more of it the first time (participated in jolly cooperation a bunch though)

If I play far enough in NG+, I'll have to check out that DLC

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• hal_inc 5 Nov 2013 05:42:49 117 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Fixxxer help, eh? Why didn't i think of that... oh yeah, it's online. Hehe I feel stupid. Thanks for the invite, i'll think about it. I'm on steam though, are you?

Is there a class that's best for beginners? I did a pyro last time, thought it was good.

• Architect_z 5 Nov 2013 13:23:43 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ornsteins Armour is boss, looks so sweet, and doesnt require any upgrading either.
  • Dr_Mech 5 Nov 2013 15:04:05 1,040 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    hal_inc wrote:
    @Fixxxer help, eh? Why didn't i think of that... oh yeah, it's online. Hehe I feel stupid. Thanks for the invite, i'll think about it. I'm on steam though, are you?

Is there a class that's best for beginners? I did a pyro last time, thought it was good.
    Going against what Quadfather said I wouldn't suggest the Sorcerer for beginners, it has awful melee (starts with a dagger), armour offers little protection and it starts without a 100% physical block shield (though this can be remedied early on by buying the heater shield from the undead merchant in Undeadburg). Sorcerer is a class that suffers early game but becomes ridiculously powerful late game, especially if you know what items to get to make it overpowered.

Personally the choices I would suggest would be Warrior, Knight or Cleric. The Warrior and Knight both start with 100% physical block shields, the Warrior gets a decent weapon in the form of the longsword while the Knight gets heavy armour which allows you room for mistakes and the Cleric gets the Heal miracle which can save you on Estus flasks.
  • quadfather 5 Nov 2013 15:07:24 12,293 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dr_Mech wrote:

Going against what Quadfather said
    Come again?

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Page

of 1205 First / Last