Dark Souls Page 901

• Page

of 1193 First / Last

• DodgyPast 31 Oct 2013 06:44:25 8,414 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    It's the bottom of Blight Town that's the most annoying. I would just get in straight to the boss and get out.
    Quite like to farm the slugs for titanite.

Hence considering grabbing the rusted iron ring.
  • Mola_Ram 31 Oct 2013 06:47:52 6,960 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I would wait until later and farm titanite at the place after Blight Town. But that's just me - I generally don't like spending much time there.
  • DodgyPast 31 Oct 2013 07:03:56 8,414 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    I would wait until later and farm titanite at the place after Blight Town. But that's just me - I generally don't like spending much time there.
    Where's that?

If it's as effective but prettier that would be a bonus.
  • Mola_Ram 31 Oct 2013 07:10:04 6,960 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It might not be as effective as BT, but it's certainly less dangerous and annoying.

And it's *much* prettier. :)
  • CharlieStCloud 31 Oct 2013 08:30:06 5,054 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I see this has just been given the Game(s) of the Generation honour on the front page, and deservingly so!

... always, always preferred Demon's Souls to this, but I don't think people would be happy seeing it win, with it being the one most people doesn't play, and probably never will unfortunately.

I still worry about Dark Souls II - got a lot to live up to.
  • FuzzyDuck 31 Oct 2013 08:36:26 3,893 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    I see this has just been given the Game(s) of the Generation honour on the front page, and deservingly so!

... always, always preferred Demon's Souls to this, but I don't think people would be happy seeing it win, with it being the one most people doesn't play, and probably never will unfortunately.

Huh? I don't get that.

I'm happy to see either of them mentioned, as they're very much cut from the same cloth (although I will admit to preferring Dark over Demon's).
  • CharlieStCloud 31 Oct 2013 08:40:11 5,054 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    A lot of people who love and adore Dark Souls don't wish to play Demon's Soul.

... because it isn't on their console, hey?

Both games deserve to be mentioned, me thinks!

: )
  • FuzzyDuck 31 Oct 2013 08:52:46 3,893 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ... because it isn't on their console, hey?
    Ah, right, that never registered with me, completely forgot about it!

It is a pity that so many people didn't get to play Demon's as well (only finished my first playthrough last week!), as it is equally a 10/10 as Dark.
  • quadfather 31 Oct 2013 08:52:57 11,827 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I love both. And dark souls ii plays amazing. So I think we're good

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• DodgyPast 31 Oct 2013 08:55:56 8,414 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I have major surgery in January which will keep me off work for 6 weeks.

A fair chunk of that should be dealt with by playing Demon's Souls.
  • CharlieStCloud 31 Oct 2013 09:00:04 5,054 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @DodgyPast

Oh, good luck with that.

... and I mean both of them!
  • ZuluHero 31 Oct 2013 09:03:31 4,020 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    I love both. And dark souls ii plays amazing. So I think we're good
    I still worry about the news of story-driven unkillable NPCs, but the play test last weekend has given me hope!
  • Deleted user 31 October 2013 09:05:47
    Sadly I cannot afford a ps3 and won't get the chance to play demon's no matter how much I want to. Pleased to see dark up on the front page though.

I spent about three hours just invading in blighttown last night. Then I messed about with my thief, knowing I'm still a good ten or fifteen hours away from getting the char to the level and equipment set I want.

Then I'll go back and guide my main guy further into ng++.

Then I'll go and...

You get the point. There's just so much to keep you going back to. A bloody marvellous game. Still wish I could play demon's but with ds2 on the horizon I think I'll be busy enough...
  • quadfather 31 Oct 2013 09:15:09 11,827 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I was at sens with my strength build last night. As things are generally going well I thought I'd clear it all out properly. You know, and chat to siegmeyer when he's off the side of the boulder ramp. Where the 2 man serpents and the shotel is.

Heh. Fell down, hit the first serpent man, accidentally also hit siegmeyer with the same blow. He stands up, but of course, he's right on the edge of the ledge and so my clumsy swipe makes him fall. So that's that quest line finished prematurely already :)

Forget to get shotel as well hehe.

Archers in anor now

• Deleted user 1 November 2013 09:58:11
    Started DS again last night, so good. There were so many phantoms Ė†has anyone else noticed a rise, or is it to do with better servers? Also spotted lots of Dragon Remnants arounds.

Around 3 hours in and about SL27. Some naked phantom came into my game and just ran to the Hydra and killed it. Whut?

Disclosure: Iím going to do Platinum. Itís gonna happen. My SL127 character is too overpowered to do anything well.

Edited by lukejones at 09:58:54 01-11-2013
  • Deleted user 1 November 2013 10:25:20
    I think I've only ever seen one dragon summon. Even when I was in the dragon covenant I saw none!
  • SomaticSense 1 Nov 2013 13:52:06 7,959 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:

I don't think you've got much to worry about. For reasons I mentioned in the DkSII thread, the beta felt more Demon's Souls II with Dark's improvements and pseudo open-world structure.

So I think a lot of Demon's fans will be very, very happy. I love both equally for different reasons, and I can't wait for March.
  • SomaticSense 1 Nov 2013 16:39:20 7,959 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Goddamnit Artorias is a bastard. I've beat him so many times now that it's easy to forget how brutal he can be.

Playing a quality build, with +14 halberd and charcoal buffs, and he's destroying me. Got a feeling it's the mere 20 vit letting me down, plus the inability to stagger him during his buff. Really missing fast roll...

Edited by SomaticSense at 16:43:25 01-11-2013
  • quadfather 1 Nov 2013 16:53:45 11,827 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I struggle with any character with a slow roll now. Just don't like it without the speed. Even the 'one notch down' roll speed aggravates me

• Fixxxer 1 Nov 2013 17:52:53 1,303 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Literally every one of Artorias' attacks can be avoided with one roll to the side.
  • Fixxxer 1 Nov 2013 17:53:23 1,303 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Okay not literally because he has the powering up AOE thing.
  • SomaticSense 1 Nov 2013 17:55:49 7,959 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fixxxer wrote:
    Okay not literally because he has the powering up AOE thing.
    Also the double swipe which has been killing me in one hit when buffed.
  • Fixxxer 1 Nov 2013 17:59:39 1,303 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah that's probably true. I've forgotten a key tenet of my strategy which is to stay at middle distance from him.

From there...

...literally every one of Artorias' attacks can be avoided with one roll to the side.
  • EMarkM 1 Nov 2013 20:49:39 3,173 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yay! That's the working week over (well, I'm still on call, but...) and straight home for a quick blast on DS whilst tea was cooking.

Returned to the graveyard by Firelink and managed to defeat *all* (I hope) the skeletons and retrieve the one item (the weapon ) that I hadn't grabbed on my much earlier run-through.

Wonder if those big buggers stay down permanently? Probably not.
  • ZuluHero 1 Nov 2013 21:09:12 4,020 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    He's thinking of them like the black knights... Sadly not :)
  • quadfather 1 Nov 2013 21:09:21 11,827 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Goodfella - always the bringer of bad news aren't you :)

• quadfather 1 Nov 2013 21:11:28 11,827 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Im on a bit of a local pub pissup because my trip out to town was cancelled. So I've been telling myself that I'll have "a couple of beers" and then go and play dark souls

And I'm at the anor archers when I get back

We can all see what's going to happen can't we

• EMarkM 1 Nov 2013 21:46:47 3,173 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Goodfella Doh! :)
  • Dr_Mech 1 Nov 2013 23:01:23 998 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Im on a bit of a local pub pissup because my trip out to town was cancelled. So I've been telling myself that I'll have "a couple of beers" and then go and play dark souls

And I'm at the anor archers when I get back

We can all see what's going to happen can't we
    Remember to click on this button every single time the Archers or someone else smashes you into the pits of oblivion due to your drunken mishaps.

Also I appear to be a glutton for punishment, I've restarted my Fist weapon (this time not the actually pretty decent claw but the shitty Caestus and Dragon bone fist) + shield run (because fuck doing a fist weapons only build, I beat Smough and Ornstein solo, I think that proves enough of a point for me not to go through the whole painful process again...)

Edited by Dr_Mech at 23:21:45 01-11-2013
  • Page

of 1193 First / Last