Dark Souls Page 886

• Page

of 1218 First / Last

• DodgyPast 14 Oct 2013 05:04:11 8,538 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Was going to try and get some advice.

I've done Undead Parish pretty much to death including finding the thieves stuff.

Now need to pick a boss to go after. 2 I've been killed by are the Demon beneath the blacksmith and the gargoyles.

Just general advice on where I should be going would be appreciated.
  • Mola_Ram 14 Oct 2013 05:17:46 8,289 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You pretty much have to kill the gargoyles. You can summon help if you're having trouble, but the important thing with them is to kill the first gargoyle as quickly as you can. The fire-breathing gargoyle is easy-peasy once the first one is down.

The Drake Sword makes short work of them, if you have it.

The demon near the blacksmith is optional. You can even just run by him if you want - he won't follow you. Fighting him at a low level is hard, unless you find a way to get him stuck.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 05:18:31 14-10-2013
  • Dr_Mech 14 Oct 2013 05:20:44 1,050 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The Demon beneath the blacksmith isn't a boss.

Think of it as an Elite Mook (much in the same style as the Black Knights, neither they nor the Titanite Demon respawns), they're waaaaay tougher than the area they're situated in and best dealt with by coming back when you're higher level.

So Gargoyles it is.

1) Have you upgraded all your equipment except your armour to +5? upgrading your Weapon to +5 at least will help massively, you will need to farm to get all the titanite shards you need to do it (9 in total) but they can be bought from the Blacksmith for 800 souls a pop.

2) Remember that you can go human at the bonfire by sacrificing a humanity and this will allow you to summon friendly players. Admittedly Parish is somewhat of a PvP hotspot but it is also summoning central for players as well. Look for gold summoning signs these are the 'I'm dedicated to helping out players' signal since they're members of the Warriors of Sunlight aka the Sunbros and usually are better geared than their level would suggest.

Still plain old white summoning signs will work just as well too.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 05:21:43 14-10-2013
  • Julpero 14 Oct 2013 08:19:04 38 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Mola_Ram

The last time I went through the archers I lost 30 humanity and like 500k souls, because the first time the archer hit me from the left ,even though there was supposed to be the pillar behind me and I fell.

Then the second time I died it was because the archer on the right didn't switch to his sword but kept shooting and my Silver Knight Shield +5 apparently didn't have enough stability to keep me on the ledge even though I was hugging the wall.

Actually it just straight up looked like I hit the wall and then it bounced me off. I was like a meter away from my bloodstain as well...
  • Fixxxer 14 Oct 2013 10:44:10 1,305 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm on my sixth playthrough or something stupid like that and am trying to be at as low a level as possible. As such I summoned help for the Gargoyles for the first time and the guy who helped me dispatch them sent me a message saying 'Well done, mate!' or words to that effect which I thought was just really nice. A bit wasted on me but would have been really encouraging words for a new player.
  • DodgyPast 14 Oct 2013 11:05:58 8,538 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I have a feeling I'm heavily over leveled ( around 30), got a hollow shield at +5 and a Balder Side Sword at +5. Also a Drake Sword. Though sounds like the shield I got earlier on might be better to deal with the fire gargoyle.

Got a variety of different armour sets including the thief, sorceror and wanderer set.
  • Mola_Ram 14 Oct 2013 13:07:12 8,289 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Jesus, you have been grinding a bit haven't you? :)

You should easily be able to take them. There's plenty of videos to show you generally how to do it. You have everything you need, basically. Just keep that shield up and get the first gargoyle down!
  • Armoured_Bear 14 Oct 2013 22:44:30 11,918 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The Crystal Cave boss is an utter bastard, really struggling :-(

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Architect_z 14 Oct 2013 22:57:26 2,412 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You need to head to the lower undead burg.
  • Armoured_Bear 14 Oct 2013 23:05:10 11,918 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    You need to head to the lower undead burg.
    I have Havel's armour if that's what you mean.

• Julpero 14 Oct 2013 23:38:52 38 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear You need to go close to his right tentacle. Just stick close to him and he won't be able to hit you. You don't even need to block. I didn't get hit even once when I played him the first time.
  • Fixxxer 15 Oct 2013 00:44:14 1,305 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yep, exactly that. Sit by the right leg and keep walking into it as he rotates. Just don't go beyond it.

Oh, and make sure you've smashed the crystal beforehand obviously.
  • Mola_Ram 15 Oct 2013 00:59:01 8,289 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Wearing curse resistant stuff may also help.

So might, you know, getting help. Are you on PC?
  • Armoured_Bear 15 Oct 2013 06:45:17 11,918 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Wearing curse resistant stuff may also help.

So might, you know, getting help. Are you on PC?
    Yeah, I'm on PC and I have some humanity.
    I'll try again tonight the leg trick and if not able to beat him I'll do some summoning.

• Armoured_Bear 15 Oct 2013 06:47:36 11,918 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Fixxxer wrote:
    Yep, exactly that. Sit by the right leg and keep walking into it as he rotates. Just don't go beyond it.

Oh, and make sure you've smashed the crystal beforehand obviously.
    Cheers, I'll try that.

• Mola_Ram 15 Oct 2013 06:52:37 8,289 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    In general, large enemies are much easier with help. They can only attack one person at a time, after all.

You can also bait attacks out of him and wail on him from the front. As this guy does:

• Armoured_Bear 15 Oct 2013 06:59:16 11,918 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    In general, large enemies are much easier with help. They can only attack one person at a time, after all.

You can also bait attacks out of him and wail on him from the front. As this guy does:

Thanks a lot, wish I didn't have to go to work now!

• azurelas_2 15 Oct 2013 11:42:57 1,151 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hi all,

Since the latest patch, the game keeps crashing on startup, and it seems to be because of Dsfix. Does anyone know any way to fix this? Much appreciated.
  • Mola_Ram 15 Oct 2013 12:31:29 8,289 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    That happened to me, and didn't resolve until I'd uninstalled DSfix and reinstalled it. Maybe fiddle around with some of the options in DSfix?
  • Mola_Ram 15 Oct 2013 13:07:57 8,289 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Oh my, the Greatshield of Artorias is wonderful. I was basically able to tank Super Fatty, not a single dodge required.
  • DodgyPast 15 Oct 2013 13:22:37 8,538 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just loaded up for the first time and did it. Drake Sword did seem to be better. As a bonus got both the crazy axe and gargoyle helm.

Where next after ringing the bell.

Also is it worth saving the rather tasty 15k souls I have for anything.

Pondering opening myself up to some magic / miracle / pyromancy benefits beyond just healing.
  • LeoliansBro 15 Oct 2013 13:24:39 44,957 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Levelling yourself with the souls is probably the best idea. Any thoughts as to what kind of character you want to play as?

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Fixxxer 15 Oct 2013 13:32:42 1,305 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Provided you have the Basement Key (and in all likelihood you do) next stop is to enter the door near where you met Solaire and the dragon.
  • azurelas_2 15 Oct 2013 14:01:58 1,151 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Mola_Ram That seems to have done the job, thanks.

And it seems that PVP has been cleaned up, no more cheaters \o/
  • Mola_Ram 15 Oct 2013 15:44:27 8,289 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Nomination for scariest place in the game.

Painted world, in the well. ARRRGHGHGHHGAAAAAA THEY'RE EVERYWHERE
  • DodgyPast 15 Oct 2013 16:06:51 8,538 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Levelling yourself with the souls is probably the best idea. Any thoughts as to what kind of character you want to play as?
    I'll put up my full stats later... But roughly :
    Vitality 15
    Endurance 18
    Strength 16
    Dex 20
    Faith 14.

Other stuff still at base for a Wandererer.

Enjoying the Balder Side Sword +5, Drake Sword is nice when I don't mind losing the ability to kick. Haven't learnt to parry yet but have a target shield and buckler I could use to practice. Plus Hollow Shield +5,Dragon's Crest and knight shield.

Think I'm wearing gargoyle's helm and the rest is the Thief's black leather. Eventually would want to have a heavy and light set of armour.

I'd probably like to go the dex route so I'm thinking I need to find a reasonable bow. But wondering if some buffs might be useful such as pine resin or miracles / spells.

I've been down that bit on the other side of the dragon, looted the Thieves kit. Guessing you're talking about through the hidden vale down there.

There's been some grinding but mostly wandering around lost and exploring... Dying but usually resuing my souls though my humanity has mostly been 0 and I haven't tried reverse hollowing.

Though I some humanity items stashed away.
  • Deleted user 15 October 2013 16:40:25
    @Mola_Ram I'll second that. Terrifying. Second time I went there I was ready for the bastards though.

I would like to nominate first visit to lower New Londo Ruins. First time a Darkwraith comes running at you over mounds of drowned corpses is sphincter twitching stuff I think.
  • Julpero 15 Oct 2013 20:37:45 38 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So, are there any weapons from Dark Souls you guys want to see make their way into the sequel?

For me the Murakumo is a weapon I definitely want to see again.

It's just a great piece of design through and through. Its strong attack power and great moves are balanced with its limited move-set and slow attack speed.

Also I hope that Shotel returns in DS2 as well.
  • DodgyPast 16 Oct 2013 08:32:45 8,538 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well, I'm now committed to killing the capra demon.

Left 7k souls there.

Might try and purchase some fire resin to level up the damage I do.

Levelled vitality and endurance as safe bets. Balanced my weapons and armour to just under 50% of my carrying capacity.
  • quadfather 16 Oct 2013 08:35:04 13,385 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Soon as you go in, try and get up the stairs on the left. It will give you some breathing room

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Page

of 1218 First / Last