Dark Souls Page 885

• Page

of 1218 First / Last

• TheCrane 10 Oct 2013 14:48:44 113 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Anyone want to help with an SL42 character to kill Queelag? I don't really *need* it as such, but it would be nice to have some company.

On PC, that is.
    I have a character at about level 35 who could perhaps help!
  • fiery_jackass 10 Oct 2013 15:02:59 554 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @TheCrane
    I can help you with this. PM if you need it. It's it pure level 1 or are you going in with lightning and pyro?
    Oh yeah, platform? I missed the context, am ps3

Edited by fiery_jackass at 15:04:14 10-10-2013
  • TheCrane 10 Oct 2013 15:10:09 113 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    No holds barred and by any means necessary - so definitely lightning and pyro! I'm on PC though...
  • Mola_Ram 10 Oct 2013 15:29:15 8,269 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Too late! I got her pretty easily with Maneater Mildred or whoever she is. She managed to draw aggro for almost the whole damn fight!

Thanks for the offer though!

Edited by Mola_Ram at 15:33:47 10-10-2013
  • TheCrane 10 Oct 2013 15:54:09 113 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    She's just called 'Wild Mildred' in the German version. Whatever, she's a good man to have on the team :)
  • elvenscroll 10 Oct 2013 18:34:00 1,455 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just got an invite! \o/

Xbox Live/PSN - Chipworm

• Armoured_Bear 10 Oct 2013 23:59:45 11,891 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Yup you can. I'm pretty sure you can skip everything except maybe the pillars that sprout out of the ground. Well you can skip them too but its risky running by them near the edge if the path
    I did and then I kicked arse! (After 5 or so attempts)
    Now at the start of the Duke's Archives I think, had little time tonight, had to go out for drinks and dinner but tomorrow I'll be kicking more arse :-)

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Dr_Mech 11 Oct 2013 04:12:53 1,050 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    TheCrane wrote:
    Is anyone here doing an SL1 run, or got a character spare at that level? I could do with some four kings assistance...
    Way I did an SL1 run of the Four Kings is going all out Pyromancy, you should by now have the glove either maxed out or at least +10 (there is fuck all else to spend you souls on).

However you can't do the fight the traditional style of wearing Havels and just tanking the hits, you don't have the HP for that, what you've got to do is basically learn to dodge all of their attacks.

I wouldn't suggest Power Within either, again health is far too low for such a risky move (you can soak up a grand total of 1 hit), instead go in with Great Combustion and Combustion, with a maxed out Pyro glove it takes 4 Great Combustions to burn down a king and you'll do it pretty fast.

For some inspiration, here is a man beating four kings naked while using only fist weapons at soul level 1.

• Telepathic.Geometry 11 Oct 2013 04:22:09 11,558 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    He makes it look so easy. I have the platinum, but I am actually a pussy. I see that now...

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• Dr_Mech 11 Oct 2013 04:34:04 1,050 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah there are some people that have just mastered Dark Souls, considering he takes on ALL the bosses, including the DLC ones in that same style.

Artorias with Fist weapons that aren't the claw (far and away the best fist weapon, hits faster than all the others, has slightly longer reach AND causes bleed, oh it also hits harder than the Dragonbone fist) is a massive ballache and I know this from experience, beating him with the Dragonbone fist took like 20 minutes even with buffs.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 04:34:49 11-10-2013
  • Mola_Ram 11 Oct 2013 05:56:39 8,269 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I find watching pvp to be utterly boring, but those pve videos are great.
  • Lukree 11 Oct 2013 08:40:24 184 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I have been afraid to continue DS for almost half a year, but now when I got over that I am again enjoying it so much. It really takes the place next to Deus Ex and Fallout in my book of legendary great games.

I still suck in PVP though. I suppose I have been able to kill one invader. Most of the time invaders just slaughter me and burn my precious souls. Any tips for magic pvp? Also Ornstein and Smough were too much for me so had to go back to grinding my levels...
  • quadfather 11 Oct 2013 08:50:05 13,365 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Yup you can. I'm pretty sure you can skip everything except maybe the pillars that sprout out of the ground. Well you can skip them too but its risky running by them near the edge if the path
    Now at the start of the Duke's Archives I think, had little time tonight, had to go out for drinks and dinner but tomorrow I'll be kicking more arse :-)
    See, doesn't it feel good to beat them in the end? Look back at all the frustrating as fuck moments and then look at your success with it. Balances out, no?

That's why its an excellent (and rare of its type nowadays) game. You've got to earn the exhilaration, but its so much sweeter when you get it.

Shit, dark soul's tutorial is harder than most full games nowadays

/all these houses were fields in my day post

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Architect_z 11 Oct 2013 09:50:05 2,412 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ahh the 4 kings, my favourite boss fight in the game.
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Oct 2013 13:21:50 11,891 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    See, doesn't it feel good to beat them in the end? Look back at all the frustrating as fuck moments and then look at your success with it. Balances out, no?

That's why its an excellent (and rare of its type nowadays) game. You've got to earn the exhilaration, but its so much sweeter when you get it.

Shit, dark soul's tutorial is harder than most full games nowadays

/all these houses were fields in my day post
    I'm not sure it balances out tbh, it's an amazing game but it really gets on top of me at times. Still, I'm still playing and looking forward to getting a go on it again :-)

• Buztafen 11 Oct 2013 13:45:38 16,531 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You've broken its back now Armoured_Bear. May aswell see it through to the bitter end. :)

Edited by Buztafen at 13:45:50 11-10-2013
  • quadfather 11 Oct 2013 13:53:33 13,365 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear - ok, maybe not balance out for you, but I'm sure you can see the positives as well as the frustration. Get on with it man :)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Deleted user 11 October 2013 15:43:46
    I need more dark souls now. Can't leave it any longer. No other game scratches that itch. When I say itch, I mean no other game punches you in the face and laughs at you over and over again.

Time to dust off Knuckle the toxic naked barbarian and finally kill sif the shit.
  • Buztafen 11 Oct 2013 16:10:34 16,531 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oi leave Sif alone ya goblin!...he's only trying to protect you...:(
  • Deleted user 11 October 2013 20:29:12
    @Buztafen I know. I love him really. Only it's not reciprocated. I go to give him a cuddle and he lops my arms off.
  • Dangerous_Dan 11 Oct 2013 22:31:12 2,378 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago

'dark_souls__artorias_the_abysswalker_by_arieaesu'

Edited by Dangerous_Dan at 22:36:27 11-10-2013
  • Architect_z 13 Oct 2013 14:24:36 2,412 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm having quite a hard time trying to complete the game with my current pure magic build, my melee weapons are whack.

A few questions: Whats the best catalyst to use if i'm going to be around 50 INT? Or what would you recommend and why?

Also, I got a balder side sword pretty early on, if i'm going for a pure magic, should I go magic reinforcement, or enchanted? I'll be levelling dex aswell abit aswell.
  • convercide 13 Oct 2013 15:52:19 6,203 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @LeoliansBro

Architect_z wrote:
    I'm having quite a hard time trying to complete the game with my current pure magic build, my melee weapons are whack.

A few questions: Whats the best catalyst to use if i'm going to be around 50 INT? Or what would you recommend and why?

Also, I got a balder side sword pretty early on, if i'm going for a pure magic, should I go magic reinforcement, or enchanted? I'll be levelling dex aswell abit aswell.

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

• Armoured_Bear 13 Oct 2013 23:32:45 11,891 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Phew, made it to the Crystal Cave then promptly fell to my death :-(
    Bed time methinks...

• Mola_Ram 14 Oct 2013 00:56:13 8,269 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah, it's annoying. You can get some of those sounding stones, or shoot arrows into the pathways if you have them. After a few tries you'll know the path and be able to just run across.
  • Dr_Mech 14 Oct 2013 02:09:26 1,050 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:

Depends, you willing to sacrifice number of spells for power or you want to have more casts?

If you just want raw magic damage then you stick with Tin Crystalisation Catalyst, it halves your number of casts though (and rounds down so for example Purserers goes from 3 casts to 1.

If you want to keep a normal number of casts then you use Logan's catalyst. It has the best scaling of any catalyst at 45 INT or higher that doesn't have a downside.

Are you using the Standard Sorcerer Overpowered Items list? Crown of Dusk, Bellowing Dragonscrest ring, Tin Crystalisation Catalyst + Power Within results in being able to one shot quite a few bosses with Dark Bead or strip off like a quarter with Homing Crystal Soul Mass.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 02:17:51 14-10-2013
  • Mola_Ram 14 Oct 2013 03:02:03 8,269 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Woo, got past the archers on my first go! And I didn't even cheat with poison arrows!

Going up the bridge wasn't hard - just had to keep running. Once you get past a certain point, the archer on the left becomes irrelevant.

The hard bit was at the top, getting close enough to the guy on the right that he unequips the greatbow and goes hand to hand. Once he did that, it was all over.

Such a silly part of the game.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 04:11:51 14-10-2013
  • Mola_Ram 14 Oct 2013 04:16:05 8,269 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Oh, and I am one-handing a Black Knight Greataxe +4 now. It's a great little weapon. One strong attack kills pretty much anything in AL.
  • Page

of 1218 First / Last