Dark Souls Page 875

• Page

of 1199 First / Last

• quadfather 26 Sep 2013 13:04:43 11,983 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Or use the spider shield from the depths. Obviously have to block all the shots though

Pesky little fuckers they are

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Architect_z 26 Sep 2013 14:21:39 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    O the poison dart guys, they got such an effective tecnique from blowing my huge cock after I made them my bitches.
  • quadfather 26 Sep 2013 14:25:12 11,983 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Get you

• BeardedGamerUK 26 Sep 2013 21:06:51 1,360 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I played Dark Souls 2 today O.O I won't tell you how far I got, as you would all take the piss out of me :D It was fun though and the game looks great :)
  • Armoured_Bear 26 Sep 2013 23:14:58 10,585 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ok, I got probably teh rest of the blightown loot then lost 25000 souls through stupidity.
    i'm now trying to build them up again to buy fire storm and/or upgrade my Pyro glove.

/Sighs

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• quadfather 26 Sep 2013 23:59:49 11,983 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    BeardedGamerUK wrote:
    I played Dark Souls 2 today O.O I won't tell you how far I got, as you would all take the piss out of me :D It was fun though and the game looks great :)
    Come and join us :)

• quadfather 27 Sep 2013 00:00:20 11,983 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    ok, I got probably teh rest of the blightown loot then lost 25000 souls through stupidity.
    i'm now trying to build them up again to buy fire storm and/or upgrade my Pyro glove.

/Sighs
    Annoying yet not annoying isn't it :)

• Mola_Ram 27 Sep 2013 05:00:02 7,235 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    No, blight town is mostly just annoying, and I was very glad to get away from the place. When I played it on 360, aside from the slowdown, there were clipping issues where I couldn't shoot some guys because the game said there was a wall in the way.

And then there's the toxic darts, the poison swamp, the respawning mosquitoes and such. It's not a fun place.
  • Armoured_Bear 27 Sep 2013 07:23:50 10,585 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The mosquitoes really are annoying but as long as you have reasonable gear on then the poison swamp isn't too bad. The toxic darts are wee bastards, I took great pleasure in slaughtering them last night but they're only really in one place that's tricky.

• Armoured_Bear 27 Sep 2013 07:26:05 10,585 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:

/Sighs
    Annoying yet not annoying isn't it :)
    Well, in this case it really was annoying as it was entirely my fault, I got killed my the poison dart twats and when returning to get my souls I did a roll off the mill wheel lift thing when you just need to walk off, plunging to my death.
    It just made me determined to go and slaughter lots of rock throwing giant twats to get them back but I was so annoyed with myself.

• quadfather 27 Sep 2013 08:34:37 11,983 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I shouldn't laugh :)

Its good how its always you that's at fault, never the game. (OK frame rate issues aside)

So, did you find anything secret in blighttown then?

• robthehermit 28 Sep 2013 00:56:12 4,037 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago

Edited by robthehermit at 00:56:53 28-09-2013

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• TheCrane 28 Sep 2013 01:28:08 93 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I just fell into that well at Firelink :/
  • Architect_z 28 Sep 2013 10:26:15 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    TheCrane wrote:
    I just fell into that well at Firelink :/
    Were there any goodies? Or is it just death that awaits.
  • TheCrane 28 Sep 2013 11:04:15 93 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Shortcut to the kiln... Nope, just death
  • quadfather 28 Sep 2013 11:51:48 11,983 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    How did you manage that?

• TheCrane 28 Sep 2013 12:09:07 93 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I was running down to the fire from the lift, brimming with joie-de-vivre and souls, and for some reason decided to jump the last bit. Hole in one.
  • quadfather 28 Sep 2013 13:21:27 11,983 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    lol, good shot :)

• Armoured_Bear 29 Sep 2013 18:32:07 10,585 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    quadfather wrote:

Its good how its always you that's at fault, never the game. (OK frame rate issues aside)

It was going up the bloody waterwheel lift thing, falling at the top - that's a twat!

I'm now in Sen's Fortress and I think I've had enough, the relentless scores of hours of death and extreme difficulty has worn me down and I think I can't be arsed any more :-(

• Architect_z 30 Sep 2013 08:29:01 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Sens is sooo easy once you've done it the first time, on your next playthrough, you'l rinse through it. Is there a particular part you're stuck at?
  • quadfather 30 Sep 2013 08:38:27 11,983 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    quadfather wrote:

It was going up the bloody waterwheel lift thing, falling at the top - that's a twat!

I'm now in Sen's Fortress and I think I've had enough, the relentless scores of hours of death and extreme difficulty has worn me down and I think I can't be arsed any more :-(
    OK so you didn't find anything *secret* in blighttown then? I will keep harping on about this.

OK sens. Talk to us, which bits are doing your head in?

You can't give up now because something spectacular is coming your way soon

• Armoured_Bear 30 Sep 2013 12:21:43 10,585 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    quadfather wrote:

OK so you didn't find anything *secret* in blighttown then? I will keep harping on about this.

OK sens. Talk to us, which bits are doing your head in?

You can't give up now because something spectacular is coming your way soon
    I've calmed down a bit now and I might get back but I need to upgrade my bow and buy a shitload of arrows to take out the Lizard Twat that hammers me with lightning when trying to cross the second platform up the stairs with the swinging knife thingies.

He was too far for my awesome Pyromancer stuff.

So, *secret* in blighttown - hmmm, I found a fake room with twin humanities up the tree branches and after the boss I found Queelag's sister and joined her covenant getting the Great Chaos Fireball.

Is there something else?

• LeoliansBro 30 Sep 2013 12:24:16 43,818 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Quite a lot else, yes.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• quadfather 30 Sep 2013 12:35:09 11,983 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    One thing that you might take great satisfaction in is poison arrows. If you're a patient player, this can really help you out.

For instance, say you're at the start of Sens in the first main blade swinging room. There's that twat you're on about up to the right, waiting for you to get to the second room.

Simply get your bow out in the first room, before the blades and sink 3-4 arrows into him. The poison will click, and you can calmly sit there watching his health slowly deplete.

And while you're cackling at that, fire an arrow straight ahead of you between the blades to get the attention of the serpent man on the walkway. He'll blindly come for you and 9 times out of 10, will get hit by the blades and go falling to the tar pit below. Again, you'll smile. Though he will make his way back up - just keep an eye on him and you'll see what he does, which is your clue as to what to do if you fall into the pit yourself.

As for secret. have a very close look around where you found that fake room / twin humanities

• Armoured_Bear 30 Sep 2013 12:51:55 10,585 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Quite a lot else, yes.
    I also got a New Lando (or something like that) key, a Crimson armour set, Wanderer Armour, Great Club, Plank Shield, Dragon Scale, Remedy Sorcery, Iaito, Falchion, Shadow Armour, Large Titanite Shard.

I got 6 Green titanite Shards and Pyromancy: Poison Mist
    and Pyromancy: Power Within

• Armoured_Bear 30 Sep 2013 12:52:28 10,585 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    One thing that you might take great satisfaction in is poison arrows. If you're a patient player, this can really help you out.

For instance, say you're at the start of Sens in the first main blade swinging room. There's that twat you're on about up to the right, waiting for you to get to the second room.

Simply get your bow out in the first room, before the blades and sink 3-4 arrows into him. The poison will click, and you can calmly sit there watching his health slowly deplete.

And while you're cackling at that, fire an arrow straight ahead of you between the blades to get the attention of the serpent man on the walkway. He'll blindly come for you and 9 times out of 10, will get hit by the blades and go falling to the tar pit below. Again, you'll smile. Though he will make his way back up - just keep an eye on him and you'll see what he does, which is your clue as to what to do if you fall into the pit yourself.

As for secret. have a very close look around where you found that fake room / twin humanities
    Thanks a lot, as usual you're awesome.

• quadfather 30 Sep 2013 12:59:17 11,983 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    No problem. Female undead merchant in the water tunnel near firelink/burg sells them. Bit pricey, but worth every penny

• TheCrane 30 Sep 2013 14:45:45 93 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Normal cheapo arrows will do the job just as well - you can knock the lizard-wizard off his ledge with half a dozen shots, even with a bow that you're not statistically qualified to use.
  • Armoured_Bear 30 Sep 2013 15:14:46 10,585 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    TheCrane wrote:
    Normal cheapo arrows will do the job just as well - you can knock the lizard-wizard off his ledge with half a dozen shots, even with a bow that you're not statistically qualified to use.
    tried it once, cheapo arrows took loads of shots :-(

• TheCrane 30 Sep 2013 15:26:53 93 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Firing those few extra arrows might still be quicker than running down to the shops though :)
  • Page

of 1199 First / Last