That's fantastic, thank you so much!
Could you explain Humanity, I don't really get it.
Anytime. Anything to pass the humdrum of work
Ah, that's what I was alluding to about the bonfire. Cool. That's good.
Yes, they're right little sods and they need a slap
Yeah, dying is so passe And they'll always be souls around. It's losing 30 humanity that's a pisser
Agreed - some of the levels ooze atmosphere. And if you like atmosphere and the vertigo/scale of things, you're in for a right treat soon.
I'll keep quiet about that woman...
I have 9 or so of them but apart from going into human form for a boss I have no clue.
What about souls of dead xxx?
I have quite a few...
Type 1 - Humanity item
These are the items that you find in the game world, and are stored as an item in your inventory along with your other consumables.
If you use one, you will fully restore you HP, and you will increase your humanity stat (top left, to the left of your health and stamina) by 1.
Type 2 - Soft Humanity
This is the measurement of your current tally of humanity, which you can check by looking at that figure in the top left next to your health and stamina. When you start, it will be 00.
You can get humanity type 1 by:-
1) Killing bosses
2) Killing rats (high ish drop rate)
3) Buying limited amounts by various npc's.
You can get humanity type 2 by:-
1) Consuming humanity item
2) Kill enemies in an area where you haven't killed the boss. Up to 10. Takes a while.
3) Kill an invading Darkwraith, or players invading you with a cracked red eye orb, or black phantom npc's.
1) Revive to human form at a bonfire
2) Kindle a bonfire so you get more estus flasks when resting at it (v. useful. Firelink shrine always gives you 10. But most others only give you 5 until you kindle them. Later on you can raise this limit)
3) The more soft humanity you have 'active' so to speak, the more benefits you get. For instance, it will increase your defenses. It also increases damage with certain weapons, especially chaos weapons. (up to 10 humanity)
4) It increases your item discovery rate, enabling you to farm/find items more effectively
5) Increases curse resistance
6) Some covenants require donations of humanity in order to progress through their ranks
Also bear in mind that using humanity to enable you to kindle a bonfire will put you in human form. If you are in human form, you can be invaded (assuming you're online)
I think that's about it, but I may have missed some bits and bobs
Souls of a dead soldier, or whatever, are just soul points. Keep them in your inventory until you're at a bonfire and you need a few more souls in order to level up/upgrade stuff