Dark Souls Page 844

• Page

of 1255 First / Last

• Dr_Mech 3 Aug 2013 20:46:43 1,067 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It stops getting harder after NG6+, you can run through the content as many times as you like though, the biggest leap in difficulty is NG to NG+ though, it sort of tapers off pretty sharply after that.
  • EightBitSpirit 3 Aug 2013 23:00:13 5 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @BillCityfingers

*Slams ice cream cone on head*

I'm a unicorn!
  • puddleduck 4 Aug 2013 03:53:45 1,854 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I love that people are still loving this game. Even managed to get my brother to give it a whirl and he's well and truely sucked in.

If Dark Souls 2 is half as good as the first two have been, it'll still be awesome.
  • TommyUnderwear 4 Aug 2013 13:16:49 132 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Left my soul sign down in darkroot gardens. Joined up with some lad and literally owned pvp for about an hour. Did a lot of 2v2 which I am normally rubbish at. Gained about 200k souls. Was delighted with myself. Pvp was never my strong point.
  • FuzzyDuck 4 Aug 2013 20:51:12 6,364 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    /hasn't been here in quite some time...

How do everyone!

Tempted to start this again with a new character, although I didn't get too far with my PtD Edition newbie. Thinking I could boot it up and see what I was doing with him (I was using the pyro glove again, but should probably investigate some magic seeing as I've done my 200 hours with just pyro). I've never had a proper, ranged spell.

Want to finish The Last of Us on Survivor first though!
  • Gruff 4 Aug 2013 22:58:23 3,065 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    As a "Learner" it's shocking how easy previous levels are once you go back to them.

Toiled over Undead Burg to begin with, but now its like "GIVE ME ALL YOUR SOULS, I'M JUST PASSING THROUGH"

Still game of the year, every year since 2009
  • Gruff 5 Aug 2013 22:28:22 3,065 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Fucking Havel

Glad I saw the back (geddit) of him at last
  • Deleted user 5 August 2013 22:55:19
    I killed Havel differently last time I fought him. I went to him through Darkroot, then realised I could hit him through the door with my scythe! Didn't even have to face him. Easy peasy.
  • Deleted user 5 August 2013 23:01:42
    I never got the problem with havel, even at low level he is easy. Block strafe, he slowly swings, misses, you back stab.

Repeat ten/twenty times depending on your level.

Sure he killed me first time but then you realise he can crush you in one then its easy.

In fact the only hard enemies in the game are..

Drake, iron golem (solo), Olivia and Sarah and last boss (until you understand the attack patterns).

All enemies are hard if you engage multiples but 95% of the whole game you can control the situation to engage 1v1.
  • Gruff 5 Aug 2013 23:07:32 3,065 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Probably right, but you're not accounting for my shiteness:D
  • Deleted user 5 August 2013 23:08:26
    In fact omah and saskia are far harder than anything else in the game, by a country mile. At leafy with my two character builds.

In all the rpgs I've ever played (baldurs gate until present), I've always avoided mage characters. I just find them so hard, I acknowledge they become badass but they are generally so weak at the start of your quest.

Why have I just thought of hero quest, anyone play that when they were little?
  • Deleted user 5 August 2013 23:36:16
    Never done the Iron Golem other than solo, thought he was a piece of piss.
    Actually finding the Four Kings on NG+ to be pretty tricky. Only tried a few times but considering I beat them first time on my normal NG runs, the fact I'm taking a few attempts means the are def harder. I'll get them eventually though.

Hero quest was awesome. There were a couple of expansion packs as well, had them too.

Edited by BillCityfingers at 23:36:41 05-08-2013
  • Deleted user 5 August 2013 23:37:55
    I just windmilled the four kings with Havel's armour and my Black knight's sword and killed them second time around.
  • Deleted user 5 August 2013 23:39:16
    Hero quest was da bomb :) I can still picture the front cover with the barbarian swinging the axe or sword? With goblins etc coming in behind.
  • azurelas_2 6 Aug 2013 03:59:52 1,410 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I am the Dark Soul. I'll take a break from playing it now.
  • Puppaz 6 Aug 2013 07:42:02 368 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fatty and skinny are pretty tough whilst they're together, as soon as one goes down it becomes pretty easy. I usually make fatty get confused behind a pillar.

Having a tough time with the big bad dragon in NG, may need to get help with that.
  • quadfather 6 Aug 2013 08:06:16 17,005 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Half the time its not keeping your cool that causes problems too.

Least it is for me anyway
  • quadfather 6 Aug 2013 09:16:48 17,005 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I have the same problem with firesage demon. Creams me every time, the fat red twat
  • Puppaz 6 Aug 2013 09:20:53 368 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I found the firesage annoying till I kept trying to give him a hug so he kept just jumping in the air.
  • Deleted user 6 August 2013 09:34:54
    I found with Sif if you fight him at the fog door he doesn't jump about much and you can pretty much just stay under him.

Honestly though, NG+ Four Kings... Arrrrrgh.
  • quadfather 6 Aug 2013 09:37:04 17,005 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Pain in the arse aren't they
  • Telepathic.Geometry 6 Aug 2013 09:47:28 11,789 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    BillCityfingers wrote:Honestly though, NG+ Four Kings... Arrrrrgh.
    What, solo?!?
  • Deleted user 6 August 2013 10:40:31
    @Telepathic.Geometry

Yeah. Just can't kill them quick enough. I use Power Within and nail the first two pretty quick, then wait ages for the third, by the time he arrives my power within is wearing off and although I can usually kill him the fourth king nails me.

Having a break from it now. Will prob try again in a few days. I can definitely do it, just being sloppy with the fourth king, but I'll get there. It's not frustrating, just requires a bit more skill than the first run through!
  • Deleted user 6 August 2013 10:49:16
    This isn't the zwei guy though. This is big Scythe man. I'm rocking about 800 damage per swing with Power Within at quite a nippy pace. They just have so much health!!!
  • Ashleyfiddes 6 Aug 2013 11:21:57 980 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ok should be receiving the prepare to die edition in the next few days. Never completed a play through of vanila dark souls and have forgotten pretty much everything. Any newbie tips to keep me from launching the disc out the window??? (very nearly happened on my first attempt, my second attempt i did quite well on but had to return the disc as i had borrowed it for almost a year
  • Deleted user 6 August 2013 12:12:28
    And if the act of cycling killed you. And the road was made of death. With death instead of brakes.
  • Physically_Insane 6 Aug 2013 13:32:42 10,243 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I was thinking of starting this up again so I logged into my xbox live account. Apparently I needed to update my contact information. Ok, no problem. I entered my new phone number and then BLAM. Please wait a month while we process this request.

A month.

I thought it was going to be one of those 'we'll send a code to your mobile that you then enter in this textbox' kinda things. Nope.

I could play offline, but there's no way I could finish Dark Souls without any assistance.
  • Page

of 1255 First / Last